UC Davis Employee Reviews

Uc davis ra
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 14, 2017
Great benefits--free food and accommodations
low stress
Great peers and great learning experience. Feels like working with friends. I would recommend to
Outstanding work environment
laboratory Intern (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 11, 2017
Customer service was the best part of this job. I had the chance to meet a lot of students, instructors and faculty members who had different personalities and characteristics. I learned how to deal and get along with each type of personality, problem solve, manage team members to work as a team and cooperate.
LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 7, 2017
My schedule is very flexible I come and go as I need, the work environment is very relaxed management is very encouraging I really enjoy going to work every day
Pros
University vehicle
Cons
There are no cons
Education Environment
GIS Analyst (Graduate Student Researcher) (Current Employee) –  LAWRMay 24, 2017
As an employee it is stressful to have only 10 week contracts, however the atmosphere is positive. Education wise it provides a lot of really great opportunities.
Relaxed atmosphere, intellectually stimulating environment
Staff Research Associate IV, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 16, 2017
I worked for twenty years at this institution, and was paid entirely on grant money. Challenging to constantly obtain and secure funding. Decent pay, but poor opportunity for advancement past a certain point. Enjoyed working within a multi-talented and diverse workforce. Lots of intellectual freedom and relatively little influence from upper management, Great benefits and retirement, but I was hired at a time when the retirement system was more generous than it is now.
I am a clinical supervisor
MA II Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ambulatory Care Center, Family MedicineApril 10, 2017
Manage and maintain patient work flow. Staff to provider ratios, call center call volume, payroll and staffing.

I have learned to adapt to an academic environment.

The hardest part is supervising in a union environment.

I love working with the rotation of resident doctors and watching them learn and grow as they completed their medical training.
Nice Place
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMarch 10, 2017
This is a nice place to work as a student. They are flexible and willing to work around your schedule. You are generally doing office errands and ensuring that the office is clean.
Great place to work with a lot of resources
Postdoctoral Scientist (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAFebruary 7, 2017
UC Davis is a great place to work. The people here are friendly and the campus is bustling with activity. This is a bicycle community so there are a ton of bikes on campus. The science here is top notch with access to some of the top professionals in the field. The (city of Davis) community is small and there are always things to do.
Pros
Great campus, plenty facilities, friendly staff
Cons
Small city
Best place to work
MOSC (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2016
I work in the cancer center checking in patients, making appointments, discharge, andchecking insurance eligibility. Sometimes I'm pulled for special projects.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 27, 2016
Answer main line, deliver mail. Prioritize to-do list, assist co-workers. Patience is virtue, training co-workers, productive strategy waiting on updates.
Pros
Good commute
Cons
Short breaks, confined to one area
Productive and fun work place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAAugust 8, 2016
Leading chemistry Lab and research in civil engineering Lab, equipment is professional and new. Students can have an effective way to learn. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Great school to study and conduct research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  UCD, CAJuly 31, 2016
Participate in research that may change how we understand biology and may produce an understanding of human cancer. Professors are great to work with and love to teach.
Learned a lot
Dashboard Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 30, 2016
As a GSR or student worker, you can learn a lot. A lot of opportunities waiting for you because the university is focusing on improving both undergraduate and graduate education! GSR pay is good!
A great place to learn, meet new people, and gain experience which can lead you to new opportunities
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 23, 2016
I loved my time at Davis. It is a great place where you can meet many intelligent individuals and learn many new skills. The environment is professional but fun and the people are generally quite friendly.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard work, long days
Environment extremely conducive for high quality research
GRADUATE RESEARCHER (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 18, 2016
High-class facilities and extremely intelligent and supportive colleagues alike promote healthy research atmosphere
I loved every single one of my coworkers and i miss them
Cook (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 17, 2016
Working there was such a pleasure. I really wish I would have been hired on full time. I got along so well with my management and my co workers. I love everyone there. I am so sad that my time was cut so short and was not extended. I wish everyone the best! They were all very nice and patient and taught me a lot.
Pros
Free Food! Amazing co workers
Cons
Didn't like the health care plan.
great school with great athletic program
Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 4, 2016
loved playing d1 field hockey even though it was difficult at times. taught me self discipline and how to push through the tough times to get to the rewards.
Fun student experience
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAApril 22, 2016
Nice place to live and work and have fun while studying.

I had the roles of

Graduate Student Researcher
• Conducted research in surface electromagnetic waves in nonlinear materials
• Created a mathematical model incorporating dispersion, damping, and nonlinearity
• Derived analytic results on the existence of solutions
• Modeled solutions using numerical methods in MATLAB
• Presented results to professors and peers, wrote up results for publication

Associate Instructor/Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Taught Partial Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, and Calculus
• Communicated with teaching assistants and professors to meet and exceed deadlines
• Designed lectures, course syllabi, and exams
UC Davis Health System review
Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 5, 2016
I love working for UC Davis Health System. I am fairly compensated, the benefits are great, there are plenty of paid holidays, and there are lots of wonderful people. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
It's pretty bureaucratic
Engineering Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMarch 23, 2016
Taught students assembly language. Learned to work with students and their pace of learning. Learned to make material easier for students to understand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Davis. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3