UC Health Employee Reviews

Horrible
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 13, 2017
Bad management. They have no idea how to treat employees. They will make excuses for the day person and pit all the blame on you if something doesn't het done
Do not take a job in Accounting/Finance
Staff Accountant - Accounting Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 11, 2017
The accounting/finance department at UC Health has terrible management, extremely poor culture and a high turnover of employees. The department lacks any direction. Avoid working in corporate Accounting/Finance.
While management has its challenge, there are good people that work there
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2017
There are quite a few coworkers that are helpful and in time of need of emergencies, they trade shifts to make live easier, there is teamwork amongst others because we can't do our job without it.
Benefits
UC health
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I loved working at UC Health. I wished I never had to leave my job. Really good company to work for. UC was a fun place to work there was always something going on there. It was a fun environment and they provided fair health insurance and more. They are willing to work with you if something happens and you need a day off. They provided good training and provided people to ask if you need help with something.
Best Teaching Hospital
EEG Technician/Registered Sleep Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 2, 2017
Work load can be hectic. By nature of department it can seem like feast or famine. The management team works to develop you professionally and is easily accessible when needed. UC Health develops people and careers. I love it there!
Pros
UC Health develops people and careers.
Cons
Work load can be hectic
Cut Throat
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2017
The place is a stressful place to work especially if you have sick children. Your private information is never private you tell your manager and the entire floor staff knows ur situation
productive fun work place, very fast pace, friendly atmosphere.
scheduling dept. Phone operator, scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
Very professional and clean. Fast pace. The benefits are great and work advancement is good throughout the company. Mangers are easy to work with and are fair .
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
not long enough breaks.
No support not fair. Poorly ran
Predetermination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Victory Parkway. Walnut Hills.August 25, 2017
No support from manager. That is very important to me. Also need support from fellow employees we need to be able to work together. We are supposed to have monthly meetings. We have not had one in a year.
Pros
Free parking for us but others have to pay
Cons
No breaks.
Great working environment.
Medical Assistant/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with my fellow employees. I chose to leave due to management. The communication wasn't great. I did not feel appreciated at times disrespected.
Fast Paced,Patient Oriented Enivorment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 17, 2017
There are great people to work for within the company, benefits are average however there needs to be room for advancement opportunities to current employees.
Pros
Postive coworkers
Cons
short lunches, lack of medical benefits
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2017
Great staff. Great experienc, fun and exciting place. Learn new things every day. Work environment is great. The people there are amazing. Very friendly and helpful.
Markley motors
Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 6, 2017
Good opportunity to work in the car industry. Once you work there if you want to switch departments they are pretty open to providing those opportunities to employees. They try to take care of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturday, job flexibility
Cons
Hard to move up in company
Friendly, Helpful and good customer service
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 1, 2017
I have worked over a year now at UC Health West Chester hospital and every time I got for work it's quite relaxing for me at the employee are great, smiling and friendly. Always willing to help and good patient care treatment.
Pros
Good pay and employee discount on few product in a gift shop.
Cons
N/a
relax place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2017
I loved the patients and co workers I worked with. I liked the office feel but being in a medical place helping others. I do not like blood but I felt working in the office at a hospital still gave me the benefit of helping people.
Pros
indoors
Cons
management
decent place to work
Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 1, 2017
depends on the type of person you are. pretty decent place to work, great people work here, room for growth and to move up would recommend to a friend or family
Its Healthcare
Therapeutic Program Worker (Psychiatry) (Former Employee) –  PsychiatricJuly 19, 2017
Working in Healthcare throughout the years you come across the good, the bad,.......the ugly. For me it was more bad and ugly then good. Profit!!!!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Hostile Work Environment
Similar issues as any other hospital. Good benefits
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2017
Staffing issues, accountability issues, management issues. If you're a good tech, don't except to get any breaks. Other than that, decent pay, decent benefits.
Nice workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work! great learning environment. There is a lot of opportunity for people in the healthcare field to grow. I enjoy working for UC Health!
Uc health
Associate Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
I like working for uc health. Its just the indivdual management problems that seems to be everywhere in the company, but overall a great company to work for
Fast paced, interesting in a continuously changing environment
Public Safety Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
I loved my job and always sought out ways to improve service but, a typical day at work in this department was unprofessional with mean spirited individuals who were only committed to gossip and ordering food. I worked first shift and 95% of the employees searched the net and made personal calls all day. This was a gossip fest and management did nothing to stop it instead, management gossiped right along with the employees out in the open. The pay is horrible and there is no room for advancement in this department. The saddest part was that every person that put in for a transfer once they figured out that there was no upward mobility was written up for something silly and was unable to transfer out of the department for a year. Eventually, everyone wanting a transfer ended up leaving the company all together.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Everything about this department