UC Physicians Employee Reviews in United States

Work
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2015
I've learned many new skills working at UC Physicians. My day start at 7:30 am preparing for the morning clinic ... Setting up rooms checking patients chart to see what needs to be done during each visit. I work with four other Medical Assistants that start at the same time and prepare as well.
I room patient , get vitals, urine specimen if needed and set up for examinations or procedures.
The most enjoyable part of my job is sharing life's memories with parents as they prepare to welcome new life into the world.
Being a shoulder to cry on when patients get their diagnosis can be a bit trying at times.
Nice place to work , great peolple and co-workers,
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati , OHSeptember 10, 2015
Handle doctors clinic needs and patients needs, schedule tests, surgeries, assist doctor with any daily needs. Manage calendar for doctor. Work with great people and staff and helping the patients. Hardest part of job is ups and downs of working with cancer patients and losing some that you get to know well. The most enjoyable aspect of the job are the co-workers and that each day is different even though we do the same things daily
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
office politics
I already reviewed this company
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  CliftonJune 18, 2015
The Sears Review reverted to Sears. It was UC Physicians when I filled it out.

UC was decent to me. Management was excellent. UC made me feel like I was accomplishing something that was necessary to the surrounding area. The patients, the doctors I worked for, and the coworkers who worked beside me and with me were excellent. The best at their respective jobs.
UC Physicians is a good company with room for improvement.
Human Resources Practice Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMay 13, 2015
UC Physicians is a good company with room for improvement. Organization should invest in employees more, and provide more opportunities for advancement.
Forward Thinking Company
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2015
Employed for over 38 years with UC COM and UC Physicians combined.

Excellent leadership
Day begins at 7 am and often ends after 7 pm
daily agenda set for your day never gets accomplished
healthcare field constantly changing
no days are the same
often feel that you are not able to accomplish tasks from your agenda
Pros
Friendly team players
Cons
long work weeks
A typical day at UC Physicians
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at UC Physicians. I learned a lot about Coding and Researching. Management was OK. It is a good place to work the coworkers where very pleasant to work with. they where team players. There is room to grow if you know the right people.
Pros
they do have empathy if you have children if the weather is bad or unforeseen occurrances happens
Cons
the breaks are short you have to clock in and out when taking a break, you can not smoke on there grounds if you are a smoker
2 Different departments-2 different parking garages
A/P Specialist-Orthopedic & Psychology Dept. (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2014
In the morning I was working for UC Physicians-Orthopedic Dept. in the A/P Dept. and had to pay for the Eden Ave. Parking garage. Then during my lunch hour I had to drive to the Stetson Building and pay to park in their garage. I did not care for the two different locations, the expense of the garages and not getting a full hour for lunch.
Pros
a job with benefits
Cons
the parking situation.
Overall a great place to work, very diverse
Patient Service Representative/Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2014
I loved being a part of UC and being able to make a difference. I like working with the public and everyone that i worked with was incredibly pleasant. I worked in the OB/Gyn department so sometimes it would be heart breaking but mostly happy. I did not stay due to being moved to a call center, i did not like it there, i prefer working directly with patients.
Pros
good health ins. decent pay
Cons
only con was moving to call center
Orthopedic Dept. and Psychiatry Dept.
A/P Specialist Orthopedic & Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Had to pay parking for two different garages....EXPENSIVE!
Pros
good pay.
Cons
had to pay parking for two different garages....expensive!
Very professional and Upbeat place to work
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2013
A typical day at work was that I answered the phones for a 48 surgeons office. My day basically consisted of taking calls from pt's triage that call and direct it to the proper department and or Medical Secretary. I learned a lot about liver and kidney transplants and the surgery department as a whole. Co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was "sitting" all the time answering call after call. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to be a sample pt at times for Ultra Sounds and the Surgeons themselves. Awesome People to work for and with.
Pros
free lunches and a tiny kroger store right in the building
Cons
not able to get away from the phones / your desk
rough neighborhood
Radiology - Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2012
althought working with the company had many advantages, the enviroment out of the building was rough. often hearing gunshots on the walk in from the garage. Traffic was heavy all the time due to the school and many hospitals being in a tight area.
Pros
the company has many specialties to work in
Cons
heavy traffic, congested area

UC Physicians Reviews by Location