UC San Diego Health System

UC San Diego Health System Employee Reviews

Food Service Worker position
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), HillcrestFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: union benefits, medical, dental, retirement benefits
Cons: the work schedule is set up all wrong.
Horrible place to work! The manager when I worked there was so nice but the supervisor as he called himself who was from somewhere in Africa was such an ace, his little dishwashers were so lazy! I told the manager I was sorry to quit.

Workers were giving food to Nurses so they could bring in the hugh push carts and collect the trays from the patients. When I worked there I was told that the work was easy, not so, I did not give food to these nurses.

The Union stepped in to help the African guy get the manager fired, so wrong. I saw the African guy a couple years ago on the bus and he told me he was the Supervisor who got the manager fired, not right at all. That's why people continue to quit there jobs in the kitchen.

They need to do a through investigation on who does what there.

A great Company but under a crooked supervisor, there needs to be changes there.

April 1, 2015

The Supervisor needs to get fired, troublemaker I suppose.

Job is great… if you have the right manager, otherwise it can be a headache
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management, difficult co-workers
Advancement can be competitive, most depts favor spanish speaking individuals, most administrative positions require you to speak Spanish. Here you are (highly qualified, educated with many years of experience) and they will choose the person that speaks Spanish with no education, very little experience, rude and unreliable.

Management can have a high level of backstabbing and dishonesty, won't hesitate to throw you under the bus just to save their own career.
Director of Clinical Operations, Surgery (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: not enough time in the day to get things done
Love my job, very fulfilling, and the organization is fantastic to work for.
Difficult Place to Work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), East Campus Office BuildingOctober 8, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: have to pay $80/month to park, campus is very spread out, they have shuttles but shuttles will add an hour to your meeting time, van pool was already full and not likely to get an opening or another one
My former boss is on her 8th admin in 2 years. Coworkers were great but management was poor.
UCSD - Lifesharing
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: excellent retirement program.
Working with Lifesharing was an incredible experience due to the people who were on staff. Their mission is unique being only one of 48 Organ Procurement Organizations in the U.S. Their mission, like all OPOs is admirable and made my time there worthwhile. Overall, working at UCSD was a very rewarding experience.
Exciting and Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: celebrate each other
A typical day is calendar scheduling, prepapring for upcoming meeting. The management is good and fair and my co-workers are really cool. We are like family. The hardest part of my job is not being sucessful or reaching my daily goals. Sometimes things come up when you work in a Medical facility. The part of my job that I enjoy the most is everyday i learn somethig new.

About UC San Diego Health System

UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in – Read more