UC San Diego Employee Reviews

UCSD work life
Senior Analyst, Strategy and Innovation (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2017
I was a temp at UCSD for 3 months. While the work itself and culture are not stressful, in fact the campus is beautiful, getting to work and parking were such a nightmare, I have not considered employment there again until it;s resolved. Additionally, having to spend money to park as a paid employee is outrageous! I spent $500 on parking passes and tickets in the 3 months I was employed at UCSD. Unacceptable!
Pros
Great salary and benefits!
Cons
Parking is awful. infighting between departments prevents things from getting done.
Friendly and helpful environment
Research Associate I (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 13, 2017
UCSD (Department of Pharmacology) created a nice, helpful and friendly environment for employee. The lab I stayed at is well managed, and I was very happy working there. The hardest part of the job is sometimes we will get results that are difficult to understand. However, co-workers and mentors are very open and will like to help me out all the time.
Great place to work for !
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 10, 2017
I loved working at shs ucsd. Great location in la jolla. Awesome benefits. Pay was great. The people that worked at ucsd were friendly. I have nothing negative to say
Pros
Student perks
Cons
Cant complain
Credit and Recovery Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92122September 7, 2017
Over all it is a good place to work. Looks like their benefits are about to change, but still a good place to work. Management is pretty good and never ending work loads....job security as I call it.
Loved the school
bright students
welcoming environment
Fun place to work
CSO (Former Employee) –  UCSD PDSeptember 4, 2017
Working as a Community Service Officer at UCSD has been really fun. Got a lot of training and learned a lot. Also met a lot of cool co-workers and made life long friends while working
Awesome Organization to Work for
Abstracting Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2017
UC San Diego Health is an awesome organization to work for. Thinking outside of the box is encouraged and ideas are utilized when you can show increased efficiency of a process.
UCSD Medical Center
Operational Improvement Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
I had a great experience here. I worked with some very good people. UCSD medical center was a large hospital and clinical system. The organization could not help the restrictions on the job title and lack of upward mobility of the position I held. The management tried on several occasions to reclassify the job to keep me employed but in the end I had to move to the campus for upward mobility.
Managed Care RN Case Management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
Was hired from Solvis Medical staffing while on assignment. UCSD benefits and salary we're very nice. If you're interested in a desk job as an RN this maybe of interest. Primary function is in-patient case management to all HMO patients assigned to UCSD Health Care.
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
Supports professional development and great coworkers. I am happy with regards to many avenues of nursing that you can work here. The benefits they are trying to cut back now but overall it still offering good benefits .
training
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2017
ucsd has several different locations where you receive different types of training from iv admixtures to compounding drugs. you can work in different areas
Pros
more learning vexpierences
Cons
employee parking
not in school
San Diego Naval Station (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
n/a school has nothing to do with culinary cooking review my reseme
I went to college back in the 1980s I'm not interested in going back to any schol
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Highy motivated, hard working team of researchers, producing a large amount of results, who also encourage learning
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
Highy motivated, hard working team of researchers
Produces a large number of quality results
Encourage learning
Flexible office hours
Well funded for travel for work or conferences
focused
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
A fun place to work, where individuality is encouraged and hard work is rewarded.
A place where you can grow personally, professionally, and socially.
Providing rapid advancement into management.
Ucsd
Co-Head Coach Softball Coach / Recruiting Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
Great Academic University that had many opportunities to offer its student athletes. As a whole athletic department we strived to be its best and push all team to be compete at highest level.
Great Medical care given to patients
Director of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2017
Great medical care given to patients.

Executive management is difficult to deal with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your co-workers.
Great Place to work as a Student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. You get up to speed in about a week and the pay is very generous. Overall, it is a great place to work!
Don't expect to get filthy rich working here but you'll love your job!
VIETNAMESE-ENGLISH TOBACCO CESSATION COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
I really enjoy working here, the pay could be better but I get regular raises and great benefits. My supervisors are caring and we are always learning. If I stay in San Diego, I would work here until I retire!
Pros
Great environment to work in.
Cons
Pay could be better but the work is very pleasant.
good university
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 4, 2017
UCSD is a great university at La Jolla. Near the seashores. A lot of fun places to go to. Students here are also smart and nice. If you are looking for a job in academia, it is the place to go.
Perfect place to learn
Clinical Research Nurse, Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 4, 2017
At UCSD, a person will have great opportunity to learn and advance as clinicians as you work. You will see different case day by day. Staff help each other in their daily work .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3