UC Synergetic

UC Synergetic Employee Reviews

Low pay with no stability
Electrical Engineer IV (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: Lunch reimbursement on trips greater than 50 miles.
Cons: Again, no stability
Distribution design
They recruit bachelor's level graduates when the position requires an associates degree. I gained more engineering experience working on personal projects at home.

The company is essentially a temp agency. They were getting 43/hr for my work, and it paid 21/hr. Less than half because of a non-existent overhead expense. There's no career development. I know someone who has worked here for years, and is making slightly more than fresh graduates.

They opted out of the contract we were working on, and gave us six weeks notice to find a new job or try to transfer. I'm not sure on what the transfer offers were based. Two people with the same skill and experience level would get completely different compensation offers, not negotiable.
Learned so much..
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Lakewood, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: No micromanagement
Cons: No supervisory tasks, benefits, pay
This company has taught me the in's and out's of gas and electric services. Learned how to cope with customers on a daily basis.. V.S. the military..
Unsure about companies vision
CAD Engineer, Team Leader (Former Employee), Flowood, MSApril 3, 2015
When I was hired on at this company, I had high hopes and promises of so much work that we should expect a lot of overtime. After the initial inflow, the work died down and we were left wondering what happened to the promise of so many jobs and overtime. This company is a contractor for AT&T, and when they decided there was no more work, UCS decided to start letting people go under the guise of "lay-off". I was not the first and surely not the last. under this lay-off, i was promised a call-back as soon as work started to come in again. Two months later, I still haven't heard from them.
Great Experience
Drafter (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Pay
Typical Job, use Autocad and MicroStation, cubicle work. they really don't value thier workers like the should. Co- workers are nice people but the managers are no help. They expect to much from newcomers.
This company is hard to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 20, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: management/training
There is plenty of work. It is a high stress job dealing with getting customers electric and gas service. The training received to do this job is minimal. You will be the one that has to deal with all the customer complaints with no help from management. You will be flooded with work with very little help from anyone to help with questions. Moral is quite low among employees at this job. You be responsible for answering questions from customers, but when you ask a question as simple as when something is scheduled you will get know answer from the ones who know. The turnover rate is well over 50%. With most people quitting in the first 2 months. It is a high stress job with little reward.
Dynamic atmosphere with knowledgeable staff
Distribution Specialist I (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2015
Customer service and utility design. Field work and meets included. I have a better understanding of how services arrive to customers. Co-workers were pleasant and supportive. Difficulty in work was volume, training. Enjoyable aspects included working outside and using software for design.
gotta be part of the "cool kids" or you're screwed
GIS tech, trainer, SME (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: relatively easy work, "mindless engineering" some flexibility with schedule as there is no clock to punch.
Cons: leadership lacking in basic management skills, employees left to fend for themselves in a sea of office politics.
The Florida branch has grown very very rapidly over the last year or so. More than tripling in size. This opened the doors for lots of opportunities, but only if you were part of the "cool kids" in the office. People that were far more dedicated, and far more qualified were passed over for people that play games in the office. This is a place where the inter-office politics is more important than the work you do. The management lacks basic management skills, ranging from how to properly plan and manage a new project leaving those dedicated to the work to carry the burden, all the way to how to manage personality conflicts. Instead of addressing issues, they are more likely to beat around the bush, effectively blowing smoke, instead of addressing it professionally. People that put in the long long hours and truly care about the project and have a want to succeed and develop professionally are looked at more of a nuisance than an asset.
Management will commit to completely unobtainable goals with clients and instead of communicating with the engineers and techs doing the work to figure out what it is going to take to get it done, they shut themselves in their office and treat everyone like pawns in a game of chess.
If you can manage to get yourself away from leadership and basically skate under the radar, then you'll be fine. Generally, your co-workers are pretty awesome people from all different backgrounds within the utility sector.
Either be really good at office politics to move up, or be quietly content with what you're given.
great people to work with and work for
CAD Drafter (Current Employee), Addison, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work for and work with
Cons: none that i can think of
I've learned and am learning a lot from the helpful people at UCS. Hard working and a great team to be apart of. The management is great, especially my supervisor. If I had any questions there were more than just one person willing to help and answer my questions.
Very productive and a great experience
Accountant/Administrator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2014
Each week would be the same schedule with minor changes depending on the work load. I entered time-sheets at the beginning of each week then invoiced for the remainder of the week. I was able to create a more productive way to handle the invoicing due to the large amounts. Everyone had their own work schedule, either working later on in the day or from home. The end of the month was a little stressful due to the bulk of budget updates that needed to be handled for the company. This was a full-filling job and I am ready to progress even further.
Good place to work right out of college
Drafter (Former Employee), Exton, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break, nice people.
Cons: didnt really get much help.
Typical day:
Arrive early, say hello to everyone, sign into the network. Go to the manager to get assigned work orders from clients, create the drawing according to the clients needs. Get it reviewed by the manager, and fix what was wrong, if its complete move onto the next work order to be completed.
good
Substation Design Engineer III (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAOctober 20, 2014
good company to work for, but the recently are changing.ccccccccccc
Normal Office Job
CAD Drafter I (Current Employee), Mansfield, MASeptember 16, 2014
OK place to start for experience and get your foot into the field.
Great Culture
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2014
This company employs great people of good character. UC Synergetic is a casual work place filled with helpful resourceful.experienced people.
Very good
Assessor, driver (Former Employee), NJ, CN, Va during super storm SandyJune 11, 2014
Pros: safty, pay, overtime
Cons: only needed during major storms.
Serves Utility companies during Storm Events. Provides Field teams of experience electrical power assessors and drivers for two man teams.
OSP Engineer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2013
No complaints at all. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Productive and always busy
ICGS OPERATOR (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAAugust 28, 2013
Its a great job to start your career in. I learned how to use microstation and learn about fiber optics
Utility Engineers
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Mansfield, MAJune 16, 2013
Vastly Growing Company. When Im not traveling for extensive periods of time working on projects, I report to the office and I am assigned my work for the day. Sometimes I'm given independent tasks and other days im given a 2 person survey.
fast pace envrionment
Distribution Designer (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 13, 2013
There is a lot of work to do and not enough time to do it. Company is going through a transition period and is having a hard time identifying itself to its employees. Training for new employees needs to be implemented in a better fashion. Too much time wasted doing little for new hires.
good place to work, great benefits
Contractor for AT & T (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free coffee, hot chocolate, short and to the point meetings
Cons: having to train new people that werent committed to the company goals which was providing service
a typical day consisted of desiging telecommunication plant, researching constant changes in design, meetings with customers and utility companies concerning existing and or new plant changes in the field

I learned management skills, customers skills, and also numerous high profile programs.

my co-workers were awesome, everyone was easy to work with and we formed a knowledgable team.

The hardest part of the team was to stay on top of a constantly changing world of telecommunications, always learning new technology.

the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a plan come together in the field, and experiencing the joy of new customers.
A great place to work
Drafter/Engineer (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 28, 2012
Pros: a unique combination of field and office work.
Cons: the nature of contracting offers little worker security
It may be an oxymoron to describe a typical day at UC Synergetic. Each design project for this telecommunication company is unique and in constant flux. One week may send you hiking to cell towers in the Smokies to find routes for fiber cable, while the next may call for climbing down manholes in downtown Knoxville to assess a copper fed terminal. All of this to be followed by a week in the office(s) drafting projects, submitting reports, studying new guidelines and procedures, setting meetings with engineers, construction crews and government regulators. While the work can be demanding, witnessing a project move from initial stages to completion is highly satisfying. Unfortunately, the nature of contract work offers little guarantee of employment as the occupation is subject to changing priorities in investment. But while it is there, the work is fun, challenging and rewarding.