UC Synergetic Employee Reviews in United States

Not very caring of their employees
Distribution Designer I (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 13, 2015
Not an enjoyable place to work. You show up, put in your time, and go home. Nothing enjoyable about this company. Terrible Benefits. No raises.
Low pay with no stability
Electrical Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 9, 2015
Distribution design
They recruit bachelor's level graduates when the position requires an associates degree. I gained more engineering experience working on personal projects at home.

The company is essentially a temp agency. They were getting 43/hr for my work, and it paid 21/hr. Less than half because of a non-existent overhead expense. There's no career development. I know someone who has worked here for years, and is making slightly more than fresh graduates.

They opted out of the contract we were working on, and gave us six weeks notice to find a new job or try to transfer. I'm not sure on what the transfer offers were based. Two people with the same skill and experience level would get completely different compensation offers, not negotiable.
Pros
Lunch reimbursement on trips greater than 50 miles.
Cons
Again, no stability
Distribution Designer
Distribution Designer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMay 9, 2016
Typical day would be me getting jobs which were power poles that needed changed out and redesigned. Co-workers were great but management had no idea of how to train or control what went on in the office. On almost a daily basis they would change how something was done. Example one day putting the coordinates of the pole in question was OK then the next day it wasn't. They wanted the nearest address which in some cases could be mile or even miles away from pole. But they could never pick a standard to go by. All things are subject to change but UC just didn't seem like they knew what they were doing and what the customer really wanted. There where many other problems but it would take forever to type them all out. I'm glad I'm no longer there and wouldn't be surprised if they aren't there hear in awhile. But as always I'm grateful for the job and the things I learned. The job was just not for me.
Be Productive
Distribution Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day here is highly influenced on your customers. You have good ones, bad ones, and just plan angry contractors.

You will create a few designs for these individuals while multitasking with 15 more constructors that wanted there designs completed yesterday.

You than get a call from your manager to update him/her on a few designs that your customers couldn't wait for and had to complain.

A typical week here has about 3-4 meetings with "Company Standards" update.
Pros
Company party, fast paced, free fruit.
Cons
Short breaks, micromanaged, overloaded, difficult to move up.
Relaxed office environment
CAD Technician/Distribution Drafter (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 14, 2016
Not a great place to work. Management seems to hide things from employees. You always feels like your being babysat and watched by someone it's just not a great work environment.
Drafter/Designer
Microstation Designer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2016
Design and layout plans for AT&T to feed fiber to the homes in a given area, based on the DA in Micro station. I've learned new software, regulations and standards. The hardest part of my job is depending on fielding notes. Completing a project from beginning to approval.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Laid back office environment with experienced and friendly employees.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 8, 2016
Worked in a laid back office environment as well as outdoors. Employees were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. I enjoyed my time with UC Synergetic.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Massive amount of knowledge required to leran in a short amount of time.
Learned so much..
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 22, 2015
This company has taught me the in's and out's of gas and electric services. Learned how to cope with customers on a daily basis.. V.S. the military..
Pros
No micromanagement
Cons
No supervisory tasks, benefits, pay
Communications Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2016
If you like design and engineering this is a good place to work. You're not stuck in an office all day. Depending on the project you are working on you may be in the office today and out in the field tomorrow.
Pros
Opportunity to meet new people
No job security
telecommunications technician (Former Employee) –  greensboroSeptember 15, 2015
I was brought on because "We are covered in work" they said. Well I went through training, by that time the work had already slowed down, I did a few small jobs then it got real slow. Finally they let me go citing that they had to watch the budget, and they didn't have the work to keep me around. The person who let me go stated "you have a great work ethic call me in a few months and lets see where we are." They aren't very organized and I was running between Raleigh Greensboro and Charlotte and the three offices did not communicate very well.

not to mention I was making 18/hr for a position that easily pays 25+ anywhere else.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no communication
Great Company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company! Management was great and the atmosphere was laid back. Knew a lot of people here from previous job.
Verizon Fios Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MADecember 12, 2015
no way to advance unless you are friends or family, severe lack of communication between levels of management...will hire any one
Cons
Great people but very limited advancement
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2015
Great people but very limited advancement. Good place to get your foot in the door and get a feel for the industry. It was in a nice location.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Very limited advancement
Great Company
OSP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, Ky.August 18, 2015
I work hard for this company, because I like working with this company. The pay could be more, but that is made up with the management there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
Great place to build your career
Project Manager II, (Current Employee) –  ColumbusSeptember 15, 2015
UC Synergetic allows you to work hard and prove your abilities without the Managers looking over your shoulders. Problem solvers and decision makers advance quickly.
Pros
New projects
Great work enviroment
Relay and Control Designer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2015
Love working with my co-workers. Great vibe and moral support. We strive to help others in learning more. Everyone is helping each other achieve their goals which I find to be humbling.
Productive and Helpful people to work with
BICS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 23, 2015
Good place to work at with supportive and helpful co-workers. Company all about numbers and productivity, but typical of a big company.
This company is hard to work for.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 20, 2015
There is plenty of work. It is a high stress job dealing with getting customers electric and gas service. The training received to do this job is minimal. You will be the one that has to deal with all the customer complaints with no help from management. You will be flooded with work with very little help from anyone to help with questions. Moral is quite low among employees at this job. You be responsible for answering questions from customers, but when you ask a question as simple as when something is scheduled you will get know answer from the ones who know. The turnover rate is well over 50%. With most people quitting in the first 2 months. It is a high stress job with little reward.
Pros
pay
Cons
management/training
Unsure about companies vision
CAD Engineer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 3, 2015
When I was hired on at this company, I had high hopes and promises of so much work that we should expect a lot of overtime. After the initial inflow, the work died down and we were left wondering what happened to the promise of so many jobs and overtime. This company is a contractor for AT&T, and when they decided there was no more work, UCS decided to start letting people go under the guise of "lay-off". I was not the first and surely not the last. under this lay-off, i was promised a call-back as soon as work started to come in again. Two months later, I still haven't heard from them.
Not really sure what it is like now
Distribution Designer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2015
I worked for UC Synergetic for two years. I worked alone with and only saw other employees once or twice a month, maybe less. Overall the job was okay, but I didn't see it as a place to start a career. Most of the employees were retired from other companies. UC Synergetic is now part of Pike.