UC Synergetic Employee Reviews

Decent Work environment with some flexibility
Utility Pole Loading Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2017
A typical day UC would be weekly meetings of any changes made. We worked with Google fiber in constructing and putting up their fiber. Worked with CAD
Not a fun place to work
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 11, 2017
Management needs help. Not very knowledgable on the job that they do. They lie to employees to get them into the door. they have unrealistic timelines. They downsized the company by half and expected fewer people to do the same amount of work.
good coworkers
Intern Distribution Designer (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Bad management and organization.wait forever to have work and when you get it they expect a quick turnaround even on large projects.
Work Life
Jr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Management could of used some work my boss wasn't really a leader type more like micro manage when he had too. The hours we're really nice they still did 4 ten hours shifts. Work was alright very repetitive same thing different day.
Great work environment and upward mobility
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Opportunity to perform engineering work for multiple utilities and telecoms all over Georgia. UC Synergetic performed Make-Ready engineering for Google High Speed Fiber.
Not much room to move up.
Designer I (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2017
good company just not much growth within the company. very flexible with hours. good work environment but pay is very lacking with zero incentives.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
no growth within company
Worse place to work
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2016
They can't keep good people. They lose large accounts. Management is horrible. Don't waste your future here.There is a ku de ta lurking around the corner. Trust no one that works here.
Pros
the breakroom
Cons
management
Great for Entry Level
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, MAOctober 26, 2016
A great place to start your career. They give you some time and support to study the field, and help you on the way. I couldn't see any promotion possibilities at the office I worked.
Pros
Everyone was suportive.
Cons
The job may be boring.
Good People
CAD Designer/Make Ready Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2016
Work environment is relaxed. Got to work with some amazing people. Great company to help anyone break into the workforce.
Lack of Processes
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
No processes or process management . Too much time wasted with inefficient processes. Left hand doesnt kniw what the right hand is doing
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Excellent Co-Workers and Good Managment
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2016
I enjoyed my time at UC Synergetic and Felt that I was always given the tools and resources necessary to completing my job.
Decent starter job
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 14, 2016
Valuable experience for working with a company. Everyone is willing to help if needed. I have experience working with AutoCad which is program that I was not familiar with before.
Relaxed
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2016
Casual work environment. Everyone loved working together. We were more family than coworkers. I was new to the engineering work and they taught me so much and gave me a change to prove my worth.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
new management did not pay over time to several employees
people were nice, work became consistent over time
Computer Drafter (Current Employee) –  Littleton, MAAugust 24, 2016
Had to learn a new program specifically designed for Verizon. received jobs and had to have them completed within an hour of each work print. For ex. a 4 work print job should only take 4 hours to complete.

worked in a team environment while still working on projects by yourself.

co workers are very nice and very helpful.

only downside is there is little to no advancement and had to work some of the smaller holidays.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
hard to learn system with tough time limits
a typical day cubic work
CAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2016
a typical cubic work, sit front of computer.
Pace will get intense, thing will get boring and tedious sometime. It's entry level position can gain some experience, but sometimes thing not working very well.
Pros
Gaining Experience
Cons
benefit, duty of the job.
Good
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 16, 2016
It is a good company to start with and get experience, its hard to move up at this company if you are administration, or haven't been here for a long period of time. Management is good if you stay on top of your work and follow direction well. Company is constantly transitioning in new directions with policies or guidelines to follow and rules are all over the place but it is a good company. Hard to explain until you have worked here.
Distribution Designer
Distribution Designer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMay 9, 2016
Typical day would be me getting jobs which were power poles that needed changed out and redesigned. Co-workers were great but management had no idea of how to train or control what went on in the office. On almost a daily basis they would change how something was done. Example one day putting the coordinates of the pole in question was OK then the next day it wasn't. They wanted the nearest address which in some cases could be mile or even miles away from pole. But they could never pick a standard to go by. All things are subject to change but UC just didn't seem like they knew what they were doing and what the customer really wanted. There where many other problems but it would take forever to type them all out. I'm glad I'm no longer there and wouldn't be surprised if they aren't there hear in awhile. But as always I'm grateful for the job and the things I learned. The job was just not for me.
Great Company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed working for this company! Management was great and the atmosphere was laid back. Knew a lot of people here from previous job.
Drafter/Designer
Microstation Designer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2016
Design and layout plans for AT&T to feed fiber to the homes in a given area, based on the DA in Micro station. I've learned new software, regulations and standards. The hardest part of my job is depending on fielding notes. Completing a project from beginning to approval.
Pros
Good work environment
Relaxed office environment
CAD Technician/Distribution Drafter (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 14, 2016
Not a great place to work. Management seems to hide things from employees. You always feels like your being babysat and watched by someone it's just not a great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Synergetic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6