UCARE Employee Reviews

Great work place
Transporter specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2017
Great work place nice leadership has great benefits flexible work hours and comfortable work environment easy parking provide assistance with anything
Summary
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2017
UCare was a good company to work for, the staff was friendly and respectful and the compensation was good. I would go back if I was offered an opportunity.
Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2016
Culture - Change in management not supportive of old employees
Culure of collaboration
Work life balance
The position held and work was fulfilling
Learning new procedures
Pros
Promotes supporting community
Cons
New management does not follow the previous culture that made UCare
Great environment
Transportation Rep (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2016
setting up rides for members and also assisting the seniors with claims on there benefits. The opportunity to learn more and be able to assist all members.
Flexible
Member Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 15, 2016
break whenever, laid back, co-workers were helpful, every one was really nice. The most enjoyable part of the job is there's always something new to do.
Very together, all works as a team
Medicare/ Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2016
I've learned a lot about the Medicare benefits as well as how insurance operates as far as billing ,benefits etc. also the co workers were very welcoming and very helpful
Good but can do better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2016
Worked at UCare in customer service we understood the importance of serving our members, but they lacked to see the value of their employees. Being deducted a point for being at the hospital with my sick daughter was outright wrong. Please take the time to consider your employees and their personal life they are just as important as your members.
Nice people
Trasportation Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed my job but I was TOO GOOD at it. They would not let me take the amount of time needed to take care of the members the way they should have been. The customer service is some of the worst I've seen due to this. The co-workers were all VERY nice. The best part of the job was being able to talk to a diverse group of people. They keep people who keep making major mistakes and get rid of the good ones. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep my numbers low enough while trying to give good customer service. They also are not in a big hurry to take care of any fraud, waste or abuse that they know of. I was told that I was being hired on permanently but a week later I was let go
Good people good values
Exchange and Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2016
I am a sales and marketing rep at UCare for the Individual and Family plans. My job duties include marketing the product, materials, presentations, events, trainings. I work with MNsure and help people find the right plan for for their situation, help them enroll and assist them with the entire process. I have over 25 years in the Health Insurance Industry.
Pros
fitness center
Cons
commute
UCare genuinely cares about it' employees
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
My experience working at UCare has been very positive. I worked with some great people and the company allows for flexibility.
Non-profit atmosphere, employees are dedicated.
Graphic Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Most co-workers are dedicated, hard working and enjoy their work. Many opportunities for volunteering. The employee health and wellness program is excellent with a fitness room and fitness classes.
Pros
Above average compensation. Employee health and wellness programs
Cons
There are none worth mentioning.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2016
I have learned to be a team player at UCare, examining Medicare and PMAP claims and Member Reimbursements. My co-workers and managers are very nice to work with and helpful if you have questions regarding work or life in general.

The hardest part of the job is examining the challenging Member Reimbursement claims for Out of Country.

The most enjoyable part is coming to work and seeing the great people I work with every day.
Claim processing for TPA
QA Configuration Auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Great company to work for. We where a small company and we treated each other as family. Hardest part of the job was travel. I lived 1hr away. But loved coming to work everyday
Pros
great place to work
Cons
closed company
diversity
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed the diversity the infrastructure of the organization. I was hired on with a group of temps whom ive befriended along the way.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
laid off
Encouraging and supportive environment
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
UCare was a great environment to develop and use my skills. I was able to work with others to develop and test new procedures working in multiple systems. I managed mailings for various individuals.
I managed calendars for VP and others to schedule complicated meetings. I also used my problem solving skills for support these meetings and make them work for multiple locations.
I enjoyed meeting and building relationships with many departments such as copy center and IT department to complete tasks.
My co-workers depended on me to be available to support them with many requests such as computer and document problems.
great supervisors
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2015
very nice place to work great employees...always pleasant..i would work there again if i was in minnesota..appeals nurse was very rewarding..great doctors to gain information from if needed
Great co-workers
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2015
Work independently. Can listen to music while working, No phones. Enjoy my co-workers. Company making severe cut backs.
I've worked for UCare for a total of 21 yrs.
Contract Specialist (Network Manager) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2015
UCare has been an awesome place to for work. The atmosphere and the people are great. However there comes a time for change. And that time has come.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Working for the community
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2015
UCare supports Minnesota and healthcare by administering government healthcare programs. I love the location and the people I work with! We work hard - ran lean.
Pros
location
Cons
parking and multiple buildings
Loved it
Medicare Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UCare and still would be there if not for a death in my family that really hit me hard. This company looks out for the employees. I had great managers while I was there. The middle management micromanaged a bit too much. There was opportunity there. I believe there will be again after things calm down a bit with losing the medicaid contracts.
Pros
healthcare, pay, lunches, fitness, co-workers
Cons
middle management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2