UCARE Employee Reviews

Good people good values
Exchange and Individual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 27, 2016
I am a sales and marketing rep at UCare for the Individual and Family plans. My job duties include marketing the product, materials, presentations, events, trainings. I work with MNsure and help people find the right plan for for their situation, help them enroll and assist them with the entire process. I have over 25 years in the Health Insurance Industry.
Pros
fitness center
Cons
commute
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 28, 2016
I have learned to be a team player at UCare, examining Medicare and PMAP claims and Member Reimbursements. My co-workers and managers are very nice to work with and helpful if you have questions regarding work or life in general.

The hardest part of the job is examining the challenging Member Reimbursement claims for Out of Country.

The most enjoyable part is coming to work and seeing the great people I work with every day.
Non-profit atmosphere, employees are dedicated.
Graphic Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 29, 2016
Most co-workers are dedicated, hard working and enjoy their work. Many opportunities for volunteering. The employee health and wellness program is excellent with a fitness room and fitness classes.
Pros
Above average compensation. Employee health and wellness programs
Cons
There are none worth mentioning.
UCare genuinely cares about it' employees
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2016
My experience working at UCare has been very positive. I worked with some great people and the company allows for flexibility.
Encouraging and supportive environment
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 21, 2015
UCare was a great environment to develop and use my skills. I was able to work with others to develop and test new procedures working in multiple systems. I managed mailings for various individuals.
I managed calendars for VP and others to schedule complicated meetings. I also used my problem solving skills for support these meetings and make them work for multiple locations.
I enjoyed meeting and building relationships with many departments such as copy center and IT department to complete tasks.
My co-workers depended on me to be available to support them with many requests such as computer and document problems.
Claim processing for TPA
QA Configuration Auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Great company to work for. We where a small company and we treated each other as family. Hardest part of the job was travel. I lived 1hr away. But loved coming to work everyday
Pros
great place to work
Cons
closed company
Loved it
Medicare Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 13, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at UCare and still would be there if not for a death in my family that really hit me hard. This company looks out for the employees. I had great managers while I was there. The middle management micromanaged a bit too much. There was opportunity there. I believe there will be again after things calm down a bit with losing the medicaid contracts.
Pros
healthcare, pay, lunches, fitness, co-workers
Cons
middle management
diversity
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed the diversity the infrastructure of the organization. I was hired on with a group of temps whom ive befriended along the way.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
laid off
Customer focused, mission driven company focused on meeting the health care needs of Minnesota's underserved
Strategic Quality Initiatives Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2015
UCare is a mission driven organization focused on meeting the health care needs of Minnesota's underserved populations. UCare offers a diverse and supportive work environment providing ample opportunity for personal growth and development.

The chief con is that ongoing financial viability of the organization is fully dependent on state public programs and renewal of government contracts.
Pros
Customer focused and Mission driven, supportive work environment
Cons
Recent non-renewal of Medicaid contract for MN Care and PMAP
great supervisors
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2015
very nice place to work great employees...always pleasant..i would work there again if i was in minnesota..appeals nurse was very rewarding..great doctors to gain information from if needed
the best job I have ever had
Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisSeptember 11, 2015
UCare is an awesome place to work. They treat their employees well and offer great benefits. In the department I work it's easy to meet a lot of new people and get to know my co-workers. My work is also very diverse so I have been able to learn a lot about different cultures. In my line of work I am always on the go with tons of things to do!
UCare
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 8, 2015
Supervisor was supportive- was always pushing/motivating me to strive for more and move up the ladder! Great place to work at, great employees. It's unfortunate that the state did not renew contract, otherwise I would have continued working for this employer. Highly recommend!
Pros
Good Pay, great environment
Working for the community
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 18, 2015
UCare supports Minnesota and healthcare by administering government healthcare programs. I love the location and the people I work with! We work hard - ran lean.
Pros
location
Cons
parking and multiple buildings
I've worked for UCare for a total of 21 yrs.
Contract Specialist (Network Manager) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2015
UCare has been an awesome place to for work. The atmosphere and the people are great. However there comes a time for change. And that time has come.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
UCare is a diverse company with dedicated people who believe in the mission of the business.
Triage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2015
My day consists of solving provider billing and claims issues. I work on escalated issues. I am a thorough researcher who wants to solve the current problem and prevent additional issues.
Pros
Frindly people
Cons
Loss of a major number of our members.
Collaborative, mission-driven organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 7, 2015
Our work culture values collaboration, which is evident in the cross-departmental employee teams formed for significant organizational projects. UCare employees’ views and opinions are highly valued, too. They’re measured every two years in our UCount! employee engagement survey, and results are acted upon.
Pros
Diverse, inclusive, and involved workforce
Great Company
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 26, 2015
Good company to work for. You can learned a lot of skills since they do a lot of cross training in different departments. My co-workers were like family. We worked well together as a team.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Too many meetings stifle productivity
Fun Work Place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis MnOctober 11, 2015
Life work balance not very good
priorities are always changing
too much management not enough workers
Learned a lot working here
Pros
Always new technology
Cons
Work life balance
Best employer of my career! One of the Top Places to Work in Minnesota!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Great work life balance, good communication with Sr. leadership, awesome benefits, I believe this company is very mission driven.The employee wellness and appreciation programs were great.There were many opportunities for additional training and additional training was supported by management. There are some wonderful and friendly people working at UCare.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
The company is growing fast.
UCare
Configuration Auditor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 7, 2015
A+ Company. Management is fair and caring. Advancement was possible. Job cuts due to State contract not renewing.

My technical and mainframe skills were increased as well as knowledge about Medicare, PMAP, etc. products.
Pros
Management, Salary, Atmosphere
Cons
Layoffs

4.2