UCI

UCI Employer Reviews

very fast pace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Draper, UTNovember 21, 2014
Pros: got to see a whole lot of different people and see the smiles on there face
Cons: not enough work
great company to work for. Delivered furniture for all government and federal buildings in UT.
Fun Place to work easy going co workers
Journeymen Pipefitter (Former Employee), Martinez, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: hour lunches sundays off
I like walking away from anything that's has my name on it and has to do with pipe fitting
If you work hard you will reep the rewards.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 13, 2014
Great company that cares about their employee's. If you work hard they will help you as much as possible.
Great pat-time job with my own hours
Conversation Partner (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2014
I was able to learn about a different culture while simultaneously teaching the students about American culture.
Highly stressful job
Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2014
- A typical day at work would include constant contact and communication with patients and study personnels
- I learned that all patients are different and therefore react differently to what is asked of them
- I learned to manage my personal life with the job because I am always working, even off the clock and at home, or in the middle of the night while I am sleeping
- My co-workers were wonderful. They helped me adapt to the work environment
- The hardest part of the job is knowing that the study will end and I cannot continue to see the progress of the patients
- The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and getting to know them on a personal level.
Skill development
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2014
UCI has an awesome management team. The company tends to promote within.
Fun and interactive work environment with challenging projects and frequent deadlines.
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: intellectually and socially stimulating work environment
Cons: restrictions towards solving select problems
The research often requires literature searches, comprehensive reading, data analysis, data visualization, data interpretation, coherent presentation of findings, interdisciplinary cooperation, technical writing, model testing, and programming. These components of research provide an intellectually stimulating environment on a regular basis. Although much of the research is done alone, ample opportunities exist for working with fellow colleagues on new or on-going projects.
Great Place to Work
Admitting Worker (Current Employee), Orange, CAApril 18, 2014
Great place to work its just time to start a family and i think that moving to Houston Texas is the right place.
Nice, clean, warm, warehouse to work in.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: independance
Cons: long hours
It was a great experience in the auto parts industry. The management was a great team, respectful, and helpful in all aspects of my job.
An innovation and passionate place
Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2014
I am a member of electronic team, writing codes by Arduino for the safety of the car. These codes include brakes down, throttle discrepancy and so on. It is a wonderful expericen because I need to look up all kinds of materials to be familiar with a new programming language and be skilled in using it. Furthermore, I studied how to work well with people from all over the world although we have different cultural backgrounds.
GO IN TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO
Parts Puller (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: we got free lunch once a month
Cons: some of the management suck
AFTER YOU FIND OUT WHAT ORDERS YOU HAVE TO PULL YOU HAVE 8 HRS TO PULL THEM IN BUT I WOULD FINISH A HEAD OF THE OTHER SO I WOULD HELP THEM SO WE COULD LEAVE ON TIME
Big industry with heart for the community
Certified Applicant Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyed promoting healthy families through fairs
Through UCI I was able to help families obtain health care coverage for their children though Healthy Families. It was a positive experience helping the local community.
Good team to work with and learn stuff
Equity Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 17, 2013
We work together as a team, and the discussion is very open. And we all have mentors to teach us technical skills.
Exciting and stimulating environment with lots of diversity
Palo Verde Housing Assistant (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2013
I was trained to become a back-up housing assistant. Training included CPR, fire-extinguisher, and other training related to public health and safety. This would allow me to be ready for filling in as a housing assistant if ever needed. (if any current HA were to step down)
I work with great people. We all work well together, helping each other covering shifts, etc. I really respect my manager, she is very involved with the community and strives to make it better for everyone. She is very approachable and easy to talk to.
The hardest part of the job would be being on call in the late hours of the night for emergencies.
Educational Experience
Intern - Disability Student Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: extremely friendly staff.
Cons: i did not have the time to accomplish every project that i started.
I had to ask questions in order to achieve tasks on a daily basis. My coworkers were extremely supportive whenever I had questions and pointed me in the right direction. My supervisor was extremely helpful in my development.
Excellent academic environment, great staff
Interpreter, ESL Instructor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 13, 2013
I have been involved in a 4-week summer teaching program, and I love everything about the UCI. My co-workers are very friendly, and the coordinators of the program are extremely supportive. So I love their managerial strategies and care for their workers. I enjoy every day of y work. I just started teaching there.

I worked for LWIT since 2001, and for the Universal Language Service since 1989.
Productive and always interesting
Software Tester (Former Employee), HavanaJuly 15, 2013
An incredible company where I had the opportunity to learn several techniques in software testing scope as well the basics of software engineering in real life not just by the books with very prepared professional ready to answer all the doubts that pops up.
Good place for school
Research Assistant (Former Employee), 3151 Social Science Plaza Irvine, CA 92697-5100January 4, 2013
Pros: quiet atmosphere, teachers are friendly
Cons: some bad teachers who just don't care, quarter system is too fast to absorb much.
University of California, Irvine is a great place with great teachers and mentorship available for the student population.
Made some good money
Mechanic/ Oiler (Former Employee), Vancouver, WASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: money and working with my uncle
Cons: company shut down
Always on the go from one job sight to another fueling and checking equipment out before the work day starts. My uncle taught me a great deal about heavy equipment and heavy truck and electrical. We were very busy in the shop with just the two of us and working with my uncle was great and got a lot of overtime.
Great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 18, 2012
This was a very rewarding position, but I graduated college and needed to venture out to other things.