UCI Employee Reviews

Lab Tutor
ICS 53 Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 19, 2017
-Good to reinforce what you learned while taking the class by helping fellow peers
-Very enjoyable helping a fellow peer and sometimes even learning a thing or two yourself.
ok job
civil construction (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJune 4, 2017
ok job but is more for a part time job.. some training on job.. not really for new employees to job scope.. you need to already need to be fully trained to get hours and work.
Overall, UCI is a good place to work and gain significant professional experience
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 1, 2017
I've been working at UCI for 6 years, and I can sincerely say that this institution is very well organized. There are plenty of opportunities to gain valuable work experience. The only downside is finding a good balance between a healthy personal lifestyle and work.
Pros
Gain significant professional experience
Cons
Finding a good balance between a healthy personal lifestyle and work.
Department of Urology is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 14, 2017
Great support within the department of urology. Excellent leadership and respect and acknowledgement from supervisors. Other departments have problems with management, but they are working on improvements.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Human Resources jobs not stable due to centralization at UCPath.
Great learning experience
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2017
Great job. Great learning experience, also not easy. I learned a lot of trades I'm greatful for like, building block wall, laying bricks, laying stones, pavers, finish concrete, carpentry
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break, hard labor.
Productive workplace to learn
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cuba, La HabanaNovember 13, 2016
Productive workplace for learn, The nerwork was very big, with technology huawei and an enviroment very nice and calm to work and learn about new technologies.
Fun place to work for
Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at UCI,
Would make appointments for different departments ,Ine of the hardest part of this job is not being able to get the patient in sooner to see a doctor.
Pros
i was only a temp
Cons
everyone seemed nice
Great people!
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 26, 2016
My time working for UCI was a great experience, highly recommended work place. Everyone I worked with was very nice and helpful.
Black Box is a great company to work for.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 9, 2016
Work flow changed on a daily basis, depending on customer sales requirements, locations and time-zones.

All work was related to closing sales projects,product demonstrations with Manufacturers, engineering systems and processes.

Dedicated team of sales engineers, operations managers and field technicians.

Company lacks loyalty to employees and promotes a team atmosphere, ignoring individual contributions.
Pros
Unlimited compensation potential
Cons
Continuous company acquisitions and down-sizing of local branches to create a Global environment.
Fun place to work everyone was helpful and got along
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Busy days were always ahead meeting deadline.
Co-workers were very respectable and nice.
Most enjoyable part was being able to go to the gym on your lunch time which was just across the hall.
Orange County Government Utilities
Project Management Specialization (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I typically manage different projects and tasks. An example of the projects i manage would be different Standard Operating Procedures, preparing presentations for staff training, researching information for individual SOPS, meeting with subject matter experts on the topics pertaining on the SOP at hand, completing deadlines, weekly meetings presenting my progress on individual projects along with more.

I learned a great deal of Project Management, expanded my knowledge of technical writing, and research skills.I also expanded my organizational and time management skills.

I am currently not in charge of anyone, but I often shadow my boss giving training to staff, interviewing candidates and decision making.

My co-workers are great and very professional. My work environment is very friendly, open, but professional at the same time. My boss as long you meet the deadlines, and deliver good quality work, he is very laid back in respect to when you come in and leave the office.

The hardest part of the job really, I would say is managing and scheduling meetings with subject matter experts due to the fact that they are usually extremely busy. I have to carefully plan the information I want to ask them and present it to them in a timely matter, and always making sure the project on hand is following the projected path of completion.

The most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say is the actual managing of individual projects; creating a projected path so that the final product gets delivered on time and with good quality making it possible to increase productivity.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
I would like to work on projects more related to my major.
Great people, great company.
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2015
I love the people I work with and for. The only negative thing about this job is that I spend 98% of my day cold calling businesses which is just too boring for me.
Great Student Worker Atmosphere
Student Parent Orientation Program Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2015
Worked at UC, Irvine as student. Great place to work as student. There is always something exciting going on and its an upbeat campus to attend and work.

Supervisor super understanding and welcoming. Flexible and worked well with my schedule.

Great training and wonderful experience working with fellow students and classmates
Pros
students, staff, upper mannagement, free food and board (orientation days only)
Cons
usual busy hours (nothing to fret about)
Great Research Experience
UCI Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2015
Doing a research for UCI has been great experience with a lot of information to learn and use it in the real world scenarios. It was an amazing experience.
Fun to work for
Courier Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2015
The company was going under and I had to pick up alot of loose ends.Alot of miss communication but we got the job done company is no longer in bussiness.
Student at UCI
Co-Founder and Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
It was a great school to attend as there were many research opportunities and a wide array of classes to chose from.
very fast pace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 21, 2014
great company to work for. Delivered furniture for all government and federal buildings in UT.
Pros
got to see a whole lot of different people and see the smiles on there face
Cons
not enough work
Fun Place to work easy going co workers
Journeymen Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CANovember 3, 2014
I like walking away from anything that's has my name on it and has to do with pipe fitting
Pros
hour lunches sundays off
Cons
If you work hard you will reep the rewards.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 13, 2014
Great company that cares about their employee's. If you work hard they will help you as much as possible.
Great pat-time job with my own hours
Conversation Partner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2014
I was able to learn about a different culture while simultaneously teaching the students about American culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCI. Our community is ready to answer.