UCI Employee Reviews in United States

Black Box is a great company to work for.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 9, 2016
Work flow changed on a daily basis, depending on customer sales requirements, locations and time-zones.

All work was related to closing sales projects,product demonstrations with Manufacturers, engineering systems and processes.

Dedicated team of sales engineers, operations managers and field technicians.

Company lacks loyalty to employees and promotes a team atmosphere, ignoring individual contributions.
Pros
Unlimited compensation potential
Cons
Continuous company acquisitions and down-sizing of local branches to create a Global environment.
Fun place to work everyone was helpful and got along
Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Busy days were always ahead meeting deadline.
Co-workers were very respectable and nice.
Most enjoyable part was being able to go to the gym on your lunch time which was just across the hall.
Orange County Government Utilities
Project Management Specialization (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
I typically manage different projects and tasks. An example of the projects i manage would be different Standard Operating Procedures, preparing presentations for staff training, researching information for individual SOPS, meeting with subject matter experts on the topics pertaining on the SOP at hand, completing deadlines, weekly meetings presenting my progress on individual projects along with more.

I learned a great deal of Project Management, expanded my knowledge of technical writing, and research skills.I also expanded my organizational and time management skills.

I am currently not in charge of anyone, but I often shadow my boss giving training to staff, interviewing candidates and decision making.

My co-workers are great and very professional. My work environment is very friendly, open, but professional at the same time. My boss as long you meet the deadlines, and deliver good quality work, he is very laid back in respect to when you come in and leave the office.

The hardest part of the job really, I would say is managing and scheduling meetings with subject matter experts due to the fact that they are usually extremely busy. I have to carefully plan the information I want to ask them and present it to them in a timely matter, and always making sure the project on hand is following the projected path of completion.

The most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say is the actual managing of individual projects; creating a projected path so that the final product gets delivered on time and with good quality making it possible to increase productivity.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
I would like to work on projects more related to my major.
Great people, great company.
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2015
I love the people I work with and for. The only negative thing about this job is that I spend 98% of my day cold calling businesses which is just too boring for me.
Great Student Worker Atmosphere
Student Parent Orientation Program Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2015
Worked at UC, Irvine as student. Great place to work as student. There is always something exciting going on and its an upbeat campus to attend and work.

Supervisor super understanding and welcoming. Flexible and worked well with my schedule.

Great training and wonderful experience working with fellow students and classmates
Pros
students, staff, upper mannagement, free food and board (orientation days only)
Cons
usual busy hours (nothing to fret about)
Great Research Experience
UCI Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2015
Doing a research for UCI has been great experience with a lot of information to learn and use it in the real world scenarios. It was an amazing experience.
Fun to work for
Courier Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 8, 2015
The company was going under and I had to pick up alot of loose ends.Alot of miss communication but we got the job done company is no longer in bussiness.
Student at UCI
Co-Founder and Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2015
It was a great school to attend as there were many research opportunities and a wide array of classes to chose from.
very fast pace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 21, 2014
great company to work for. Delivered furniture for all government and federal buildings in UT.
Pros
got to see a whole lot of different people and see the smiles on there face
Cons
not enough work
Fun Place to work easy going co workers
Journeymen Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CANovember 3, 2014
I like walking away from anything that's has my name on it and has to do with pipe fitting
Pros
hour lunches sundays off
If you work hard you will reep the rewards.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 13, 2014
Great company that cares about their employee's. If you work hard they will help you as much as possible.
Great pat-time job with my own hours
Conversation Partner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2014
I was able to learn about a different culture while simultaneously teaching the students about American culture.
Highly stressful job
Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2014
- A typical day at work would include constant contact and communication with patients and study personnels
- I learned that all patients are different and therefore react differently to what is asked of them
- I learned to manage my personal life with the job because I am always working, even off the clock and at home, or in the middle of the night while I am sleeping
- My co-workers were wonderful. They helped me adapt to the work environment
- The hardest part of the job is knowing that the study will end and I cannot continue to see the progress of the patients
- The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and getting to know them on a personal level.
Skill development
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2014
UCI has an awesome management team. The company tends to promote within.
Fun and interactive work environment with challenging projects and frequent deadlines.
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 23, 2014
The research often requires literature searches, comprehensive reading, data analysis, data visualization, data interpretation, coherent presentation of findings, interdisciplinary cooperation, technical writing, model testing, and programming. These components of research provide an intellectually stimulating environment on a regular basis. Although much of the research is done alone, ample opportunities exist for working with fellow colleagues on new or on-going projects.
Pros
intellectually and socially stimulating work environment
Cons
restrictions towards solving select problems
Great Place to Work
Admitting Worker (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2014
Great place to work its just time to start a family and i think that moving to Houston Texas is the right place.
Nice, clean, warm, warehouse to work in.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 28, 2014
It was a great experience in the auto parts industry. The management was a great team, respectful, and helpful in all aspects of my job.
Pros
independance
Cons
An innovation and passionate place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 20, 2014
I am a member of electronic team, writing codes by Arduino for the safety of the car. These codes include brakes down, throttle discrepancy and so on. It is a wonderful expericen because I need to look up all kinds of materials to be familiar with a new programming language and be skilled in using it. Furthermore, I studied how to work well with people from all over the world although we have different cultural backgrounds.
Go in talk about what you have to do
Parts Puller (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJanuary 30, 2014
After you find out what orders you have to pull you have 8 hrs to pull them in but I would finish a head of the other so I would help them so we could leave on time
Pros
we got free lunch once a month
Cons
some of the management suck
Big industry with heart for the community
Certified Applicant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Through UCI I was able to help families obtain health care coverage for their children though Healthy Families. It was a positive experience helping the local community.
Pros
enjoyed promoting healthy families through fairs