UCLA Health System

UCLA Health System Employer Reviews

Supported Health care givers
Team Lead, Database Administration (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: hired to do db2 z/os, got snagged to support db2 luw, oracle and sql server
Cons: went to epic, become configuration manager
It felt good knowing problems you solve directly impact health work place for physicians and care givers
Great career for higher up titles or Students
ex employee (Former Employee), west woodJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: morale is non exsisent no promotion management isnt professional
It has great benefits but don't expect transfers or any promotions. Secret society here a lot of clicks favoritism with everyone. Employees whose worked here a while basically run the place even if they are corrupt.
good place to work
Principal Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits generally good inviroment
Cons: managers and some supervisors
only problem was that specific departments have supervisors promoted from several decades ago who dont always have qualifications up to today's standards. Manager had a hard time communicating both in ability to properly convey information and inability to listen to there employees.
love working for them
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CaliforniaMay 19, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: unprofesional lead nurse
Good doctors and residents, I learn so much from them, good team work not the good nurse lead. Good management overall good patient care.
Great Company
Program Analyst II (Current Employee), Westwood, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Great company, great work environment, Great Benefits, not a lot of room for advancement unless you know someone. Many times, who you know outweighs what you know.
Productive and fun workplace
Epic Credentialed Trainer- Cadence (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 9, 2013
A fun, fast past environment, learning quickly, and training!
The best place to work
ACCP ICU (Former Employee), Santa Monica , CASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: pay, the benefits and the experience all together
Cons: nothing
The employees and management are so friendly and understanding. Patient care is top priority and it is shown. The nurses are very attentive and are very competent.
Admin Assistant at Cash Posting Dept
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Westwood, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: working for a big comany like ucla and having a great team.
Cons: it was a temp assignment
A typical day at work was pretty busy, constantly going through boxes of batches with Patient files inside. I would input the different batches and codes into our HBOC system. I learned many new rules and basic knowledge about how the UCLA hospital handles patient files and the different medical insurance company that we worked with. The hardest part – more... of my jobs was sometimes meeting our goal and finishing all the work assigned in a timely manner. month end goals were also sometime challenging. I enjoyed working with the cash posting team. – less
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Westwood, CAJuly 15, 2013
good place to work and usually busy.........................
Great learning experience
Super User- Epic system (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2013
I was part of the CareConnect/Epic system implementation and it was a great learning experience. The staff was friendly and easy to report to upper management. There were some challenges that had to be faced but normal during such a big implementation.
World class health service with enthusiastic and caring employees
CareConnect Super User (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Roaming support for all the types of providers at Ronald Regan UCLA has exposed me to the reason why this hospital is one of the top in the nation. Caring for the patient and families is what drives every employee and one can feel the sense of security just by passing the halls and units.

As a Super User, I help care providers feel the same sense of – more... security that they will be able to continue focus on their patients even during the momentous event of CareConnect Go-Live.

Management here has been nothing but organized in their correspondence with the Super Users. I feel like I can contact each person, no matter where they stand in the hierarchy, simply by email or phone call and I would face no problems.

The hardest part of the job: Traveling because I am about an hour away. The drive is definitely worth it, however, simply because Ronald Regan is a beautiful facility.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Interacting with the employees I've met. Everyone has been helpful and friendly. – less
UCLA Healthcare is "BEST IN THE WEST" for over 21 years.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Monica-UCLAMarch 7, 2012
Pros: tremendous staff: physicians and medical staff
Cons: long hours, some difficult faculty.
I have been a Patient Liaison in UCLA Emergency Medicine for over 11 years and serve with the best medical staff in Los Angeles in Ronald Reagan-UCLA on Saturdays. Moreover, I took retirement from UCLA Healthcare on 10/1/11, but can't stay away from the UCLA Healthcare system and want to return in an administrative/patient care postion.