UCLA Health Employee Reviews

unproductive workplace
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stein Eye InstitureSeptember 18, 2017
Unqualified, unprofessional management.
Disrespectful and demeaning, No leadership or teamwork. Uninspiring and oppressive work culture. A huge professional mistake.
Cons
see above
Nice hospital
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great hospital
Brand new facility
Great doctors
Need approve in patient experience office
Great employees and work culture
Should have better advancement opportunities for its employees
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
No advancement
Unproductive, highly bureaucratic place
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2017
Unproductive, highly bureaucratic place, government-like culture, everyone leaves at 4:59pm, no matter if the job is done. Wouldn't recommend for someone with career aspirations.
Meaningful place to work
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
Great place ! Great co-workers and benefits. You have to pay for parking depending on what department you're in. Great places eat around there. I recommend!
Productive and Positive workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2017
My experience with UCLA Health has been great thus far. I have the opportunity to learn a lot of new things from different departments and advance with the company.
ok
Aminstrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 17, 2017
It is a great institution. I would like to explore working for UCLA again.
It was a balanced position with good exposure to a variety of factors.
the campus is excellent. The management is smart and stays ahead of the events.
Pros
politics
Cons
salary
Met nice people, Pay was well, management sucked
Sr. Clerk/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2017
The beginning was amazing.. the ending was terrible. You don't have room to grow within certain departments. Any ideas you may have wasn't heard. you will be over worked like crazy even if injured.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
short breaks, no set schedule, dont work with you on the schedule
Very good place to work for
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2017
Great atmosphere to work here and the fellow technicians are very helpful. The benefits and great, but like any other company management want to disappear the union. Upper management wants to save money by outsourcing a lot of jobs. My only concern would be job security.
Pros
management is very undertanding
Cons
future Job security
Great Company
MTPCCR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2017
This was an amazing program dedicated to individuals who are looking to start a career in cancer control research or obtain a doctoral degree. Highly recommend.
Always learning something everyday
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 22, 2017
My job as an administrative assistant is to assist the preparing contracts managers and directors with assignments and projects. This job is not hard but there is always something to work on.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Short Break and Health care benefits
I love my job.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
I really enjoy what I do and my interaction with the families of the patients. I truly want a job like this one in sense, I love helping. I need a job that is for the most part set hours full time and is always looking for ways to help people.
Fast pace fun enviroment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
The culture of UCLA is making sure every person feels as thought they matter and that patients get an exceptional experience. It has been exceptional working for a prestigious institution. I have learned that your attitude and how you show up for work plays a huge role on the entire organization and that each of us needs all of us.
Cons
Parking, management
West Washington
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 8, 2017
Depends on what office you are in, office in Culver City's is one of the worst ucla offices within the health system, dirty, coworkers constantly talk about each other, very unprofessional office
Have a second thought before accepting a job offer
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  UCLA Ronald ReaganApril 28, 2017
I had my worst job experience by accepting a job offer to work as a registered nurse at UCLA Ronad Reagan Med-Surg floor. By the time I accepted the offer to work as an RN full time, I had to quit my secure full time RN job at another hospital and I turned down another very secure job offer from another hospital. My approach was - I am pursuing a career development and where else if not at UCLA RR, a Magnet hospital you get the best chances to develop professionally. I soon learned my lesson that I was wronged. I started with my orientation on the floor and passed all the skills and qualifications requirements from the extensive list that UCLA mandates you to pass, collected all the required signatures from my preceptors. Then I was on my own on the floor. Here is where you all of a sudden become to realize at what kind of environment you are in. The staff is not supportive and not friendly. You have to pass your six months probation. After one month of work, all of a sudden out of blue you will be called by the UM, who would notify you that it appeared to some staff member that you weren't doing certain tasks as they supposed to be done. No staff member will directly inform you about those "mistakes". Because you are in your 6 months probation, you are powerless, you are voiceless and unheard. You will end up either resigning or being fired. UCLA feels that because they are a Magnet hospital, they can easily hire and fire nurses. In the end I didn't feel that anyone cares about you, about you leaving and turning down your other jobs, to became an RN at UCLA and no one cares  more... about what happens to you if you resign or get fired from UCLA. So if you are considering to apply to a Med Surg floor as an RN at UCLA my advise to you is have a second thought, especially if you have to resign your current job  less
Pros
salary, "magnet" status, working for a prestigious hospital
Cons
unfriendly, unsupportive environment, high chance of getting fired while in probation
Psychological Issues and Mental Instability
Pharmacy Tech IVAS (Current Employee) –  UCLA RR Medical CenterApril 21, 2017
Well reputable "UCLA", but not because of their pharmacy dept. The pharmacy operations and workflow is probably one of the worst in all of LA area. Staff there have mental issues, very hostile, verbally abusive, manipulative, and workload is extremely heavy. While all chaos is going on half the staff just stand around with their hands in there pockets acting like they have no clue of what is going on. Compensation is through union so no argument there. Work here if you have no self worth or you are the cause of all problems. Diligence and integrity work against you and you will get taken advantage of.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Management, Staff, Drama, Hostility, Traffic, Paid parking, No Parking, extremely heavy workloads.
Professional and uppaced
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 5, 2017
Working of UCLA health is rewarding. I get to help kids to visit their favorite doctors and bring smiles to their face. I have strong support and never left behind.
Pros
Friendly work place.
Exhausting, management problem, political
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  RRUCLAMarch 17, 2017
For this dept, at least, before director change, it was all right. Afterwards, there was no "just culture". Like the other review, you were always afraid of trying to make it better as it will be seen as a negative, and will be punished. You are also afraid of improvement and bringing up near misses or misses so not to be punished. Punishment is harsh and could have been resolved by simple communication. Doctors are treated differently from RNs, they're treated like God. Lots of mistrust and politics and you need to watch your back Either you belong or be treated differently. It's a shame good RNs are moving to different dept or locations. It never used to be like this.
Benefits
Cons
Politics, false sense security
I Love Working at Ucla.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2017
I Love Working at Ucla. Good experience, best benefits, staff are very professional and love working with people our patients. i wish there where clinics in San Bernadino.
productive environment with ability to learn
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2017
have learned so much about various healthcare aspects and branches in healthcare in a short time. friendly environment, open door policy, staff is approachable, management is very supportive.
Busy organization
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMarch 1, 2017
worked many hours
good pay and benefits
enjoyed the diverse environment
the union supported staff
efficient training
all new hire onboarding is done in LA
always traffic on the commute
management was ok
leadership skills
effective communication
stay out of the politics of UCLA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2