UCONN Health Center Employee Reviews

productive work environment
Account Coordinator(Contract) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 28, 2017
On a team to work all the denials from United Healthcare that was never worked. This was a group of 4 people we was able a great deal of money within a short amount of time.
Its the best place to work in!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 8, 2017
Prosthodontics Department
Endodontics Department
General Dentistry Department
Orthodontics Departmet
Periodontics Department
Radiology Department
Implant Department
I worked in all of these departments with pleasure.
The doctors were great people to work with.
Pros
no free lunches!
Cons
yes there was brakes!
Good People and Good Environment
Volunteer at Health Fair (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 31, 2017
Even though I only volunteered at the UConn Health Center for a day, I was still very eager to help patients. I was mostly doing blood sugar tests and vital signs. It was very nice to see such friendly people.
State job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 25, 2017
State job , state benefits, good benefits, good jobs, management has no ideal how to treat their employees. They don't help you transition from one job to the next. They want you to go to school and better yourself but they don't make it easy for you to do so.
Mediocre place to work
Medical Assistant-Temp (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 19, 2017
UConn is a good place to work to gain experience. The hours are pretty good and regular. There are many different departments to choose from to work in.
Pros
Nice cafeteria and outdoor space
Cons
Very rude employees
hhx
Dental Assisting Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 2, 2017
It was somewhat of a nuisance having to get there an hour early to catch the shuttle up to the building I was in, but the residents and staff alike were very friendly and extremely helpful.
Pros
Cons
Shuttle ride
good health benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 8, 2017
a community hospital dedicated to serving people, eradicating illness, and managing chronic diseases. A teaching hospital, the only state hospital in CT.
Cons
mandation
Correctional nurse
Correctional nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 31, 2017
I was very happy at this job. I made lots of money. You just have to get past the fact that you are providing medical care to violent criminals. It's basically one of the easiest nurses jobs around, basically med pass
Pros
Lots of OT.
Cons
Your locked in with inmates
Great place
S.P. Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 21, 2017
Great place but unfortunately it was a temp position for me and could not stay longer because this hospital is research driven so most roles are temp or grant funded.
Productive, get to meet new people everyday
Student worker/techinician (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 19, 2017
Work on computers, either download programs, windows updates, or virus scanning. I learn how to operate on a computer, how to put solve some technical problem like a virus, the computer doesn't turn on. I work alone most of the time, i keep it professional with the other students. The most enjoyable part of the job is i get to learn more and everyday about technology. There's not really a hard part, it's pretty easy.
Corrections LPN
LPN Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Suffield CTMarch 10, 2017
Very fast paced. Coworkers are not friendly and are willing to sink you rather than lend you a hand. Civility is definitely lacking. On top of all of this, UCONN has decided to advertise only to hire RN's now. I personally can not imagine why any RN would want to work in a pharmacy which is primarily what the LPN role is. The inmates sad as this might sound are friendlier than the staff. It is a shame that the full time staff feels threatened by per diem nurses sharing the same monthly assignment.
Pros
Good money
Cons
no breaks most days, unfriendly staff
Fun work enviornment
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 1, 2017
love working here, benifits are excellent, very relaxed enviornment, very diverse, great location, very innovative...
Pros
benifits
Cons
no advancement
Consistantly heavy workload and ability to meet tight time frames.
Coding and Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Comfortable work environment. On the job training provided and team building. Staff and Management friendly and helpful. Coming in as a new Temporary Employee, was introduced and well trained.
Fast paced, high call volume department
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 12, 2016
Excellent department; Professional and efficient public safety department. I had a lifetime of experience working for this agency and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to make public safety a lifetime career.
Former employee
Correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Niantic / UncasvilleSeptember 27, 2016
This is a very negative company to work for. If you are somewhat intelligent working for the Correctional Managed Care division you are harassed and disciplined for things you didn't do or extremely minor things that others do daily. It's stressful enough working in a correctional environment and they make it harder.
Pros
The health insurance
Cons
Rarely get breaks
Great environment to work in.
Office Assistant Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  OA Float PoolSeptember 9, 2016
This facility was one of the best places to work at. The people are just genuine and caring while giving top notch quality care. Was a pleasure to be a part of it all.
A very good environment and productive
Clinical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 8, 2016
Making sure all patient related information would be treated will confidentiality and respect.Taking patient calls, scheduling appt's, X-ray,MRI, CT and other test, scheduling surgeries obtaining referrals from ins company's, I learned to treat every person no matter their condition etc with respect and care, enjoyed every co-worker the making time to relate with everyone in thee department.
Pros
Free lunches, Patient care feed back
Cons
no cons
good place
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  orJanuary 9, 2016
Need functional leader. Head nurse didn't know the policy and the procedures.
The head nurse said you don't need work so quickly. Take your time. Disoriented with orientation for new staff. Disorganized with teaching systems.
Pros
refers improvements
Cons
need efficiency
Learning experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 23, 2015
My time at Uconn was short but helpful. I learned all of the bases I would be expected to at an internship site. I got to assist the doctors in procedures and would alternate taking patients in to obtain vitals and update medical history.
Potential
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 18, 2015
UCHC has tremendous potential to take over the health care industry in CT. Good place to work. Excellent benefits. Working here makes me feel like I am "making a difference"