UCSD was a great place for employment, they empower the employees and provide the necessary tools to succeed. I move into several positions while employed by UCSD. Please note some of my accomplishments:
• Extremely well rounded career history in hospital, medical billing and financial services, over 25 years’ experience.
• Extensive knowledge of contracted healthcare carriers.
• Full understanding of the operations and functions of patient financial services.
• Recovered an additional 1.7 million in revenue from Tri-care as a result of the Children’s Hospital differential.
• Recovered additional Tri-care revenue after uncovering incorrectly loaded DRG weights by the Tri-care intermediary.
• Recovered $875,000.00 in untimely claims denials.
• Was nominated for employee of the year award UCSD Moore’s Cancer Center - see link http://cancer.ucsd.edu/aboutus/news/archive/archive2.asp?articleID=221
• Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Power point
• UCSD Medical Center – Recovered 1.2 million in non-payable organ acquisition charges going back 5 yrs. for BMT and Solid Transplants.