UCSD Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2017
Being able to be a part of UCSD has been a great experience. They have given me the opportunity that I have always wanted. Everybody here is very professional and the benefits are great.
Pros
great benefits
interesting place to work
Critical Care Partner (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work, I am gaining lots of oncology experience, management is great but sometimes hard to read, I really enjoy the patient population
NICU Center
Dietetic Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2016
Prepared formula for infants in a fast-paced environment. Worked alongside nursing care staff and doctors to ensure accuracy and the needs for formula prepared daily were met.
Productive and fun co-workers
Student Therapist-Affiliation (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CADecember 2, 2016
Great team environment. Learned a great deal about movement disorders with Parkinson's population, as well as other movement disorders. Great mentors.
Ucsd medical center
CCP (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2016
Worked there over 13 years. Flexible schedule so I could attend college.Hands on with the latest medical technology. Caring patient centered staff with ongoing education and training. Watching someone die and not being able to prevent it. Never went home from work wondering if I was doing something worthwhile.
Pros
Helped pay for college.
Difficult enviroment
Patient Biller III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2016
This office is not an optimal environment. Department goals are not met by the majority of staff. Long time staff do not welcome change or new employees that meet the standards, this created an uncomfortable work environment. UCSD Human resources does not assist in resolution and does not back up the UCSD harassment policy.
Pros
Great pay - Great benefits
Cons
unprofessional management
I loved working there.However for a new position never was given a chance or reason to review a mistake I made and released me from probation period.
Insurance Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
The director of PAS at the time did her best to have myself and the 4 of us on the team come from Temp agencies to full-time. I know I must have made a mistake and some how was not warned of what I was suppose to correct. I was released from probation early and since than have tried to get back in to UCSD. Still trying....
Pros
Breaks were given even a little bit more. Always potlucks, everyone celebrates birthdays and no one is left out.
Cons
healthcare
love working with the therapist
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2015
different cases all the time,how to use my body mechanics,very good with scheduling,good therapist, not having any slings,not stuck in one unit.
Pros
my body mechanics got better
Cons
not enough slings to provide for pt's
A good place to work.Benefits and retirement is super.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2015
People are nice and caring.Most doctors are knowledgeable.Management are good.I learned a lot from supervisor and co worker.
Fantastic leaders, great work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2015
Gained knowledge and guidance from three directors. Diverse environment. Allowed to take initiative to grow my position. Able to use organizational skills to create more efficient process.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Department closed
UCSD was a very educational place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 31, 2015
Working at UCSD in the late 80's was interesting, challenging and so educational. I enjoyed learning in an educational environment and the experience was invaluable.
Professional office
Patient Biller III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2015
UCSD Medical Center is a professional office with high standards. My co-workers are very pleasant and helpful. Management is supportive and goal oriented.
Pros
Fantastic co-workers
Cons
I am a temporary employee without benefits.
Good teamwork among employees and good working environment.
Clinical Lab Scientist Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2015
UCSD Health System offers great benefits to its employees which is one of the reasons why most UCSD employees have long years of service. Hospital health care workers at UCSD have good working relationships and they are focused with their assigned responsibilities. Giving the best care to our patients is always of utmost importance.
Pros
Lifetime pension once you are vested.
Cons
Parking is not free.
The climate can be hostile
Clinical Care Partner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2015
The culture climate can be hostile and very selective about who they accept. a lot of politics and games are going on with the upper management.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Culture dysfunction
Great Company with tons of potential
Hospital Assistant II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 27, 2015
UCSD is a great place to work. With any growing compnay, there have been moments of stress. With great leadership and a positive attitude, the challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied, I have learned a lot working at UCSD and I see a lot of potential growth in the future,
Pros
Lots of career opportunities, fun, activities, and fast growing
Cons
Growing fast leaves the organization struggling to keep up with the demands of the business
Just being able to help people and give back makes me happy every day
HOSPITAL VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2015
I love working with patients, co-workers, management and the PUBLIC here at UCSD... ITS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR.A typical day starts with saying good morning to my patients, then it's running labs, picking up or delivering equipment as needed and when I'm not busy I go down to the lobby I greet and help people find there way to where ever they need to go...
Pros
working with patients
Cons
no cons
Revenue Manager, Department of Surgery (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients, and the support staff is fantastic.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Ucsd
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2014
UCSD was a great place for employment, they empower the employees and provide the necessary tools to succeed. I move into several positions while employed by UCSD. Please note some of my accomplishments:

• Extremely well rounded career history in hospital, medical billing and financial services, over 25 years’ experience.
• Extensive knowledge of contracted healthcare carriers.
• Full understanding of the operations and functions of patient financial services.
• Recovered an additional 1.7 million in revenue from Tri-care as a result of the Children’s Hospital differential.
• Recovered additional Tri-care revenue after uncovering incorrectly loaded DRG weights by the Tri-care intermediary.
• Recovered $875,000.00 in untimely claims denials.
• Was nominated for employee of the year award UCSD Moore’s Cancer Center - see link http://cancer.ucsd.edu/aboutus/news/archive/archive2.asp?articleID=221
• Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Power point
• UCSD Medical Center – Recovered 1.2 million in non-payable organ acquisition charges going back 5 yrs. for BMT and Solid Transplants.
Great Place Great People
Student Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2014
Interned as an administrative assistant assisting with keeping state databases up to date as well as processing orders.
Fun and productive place to work.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2014
Typical work day was busy but fun. How to utilize team members for support on stressful days. Management was concerned with the welfare of co-workers. Challenging population. Seeing the patients improve over time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSD Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2