UCSD Employee Reviews

place was very unorganized
medical biller / collections (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2016
managers were not helpful very unorganized co workers were helpful at times no managers were there to answer any of your questions
Good opportunity for students.
Reader (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 18, 2016
Free tuition and $15/hr for correcting papers. Not bad. Can't say enough stuff to get 20 words. Bla bla bla. Don't get the lab classes though.
Great benefits and long-term career opportunities
Staff Research Associate (SRA-1) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
Great benefits and long-term career opportunities, they know how o take care of their employees, for them to take care of patients, students, staff, etc.
Awesome place to do research as an undergrad. Tons of support and lots of collaborations.
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 9, 2015
I didn't get paid for my position, so everything was self directed and motivated in the lab I worked in. It seemed like everyone knew that I was working on my own accord so they really supported me in my journey of technical self improvement. I was always welcomed by all the professors to talk to them and many had really good advice for research directions and future things to do and consider.
Pros
Amazing Faculty, Supportive, Beautiful Environment
Cons
No pay, Often worked alone
Research Intern at UCSD
USCD Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
This lab job served as a jumping off point into my job at college. Overall, it was a great experience, and helped me fuel my passion for research.
Nice working environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Good job work/life balance. Most people are responsible for their work, so working with them are very pleasant experience. A small issue I found is parking is not easy in the campus.
Good experience and great coworkers.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2015
Not the best management and a State funded hospital which ended up costing me my job. Long commute had to take a bus not to have to pay for parking. No room for advancement which was a disappointment.
Pros
Made great friends
Cons
No free parking for employees
Great research institution
Postdoctoral researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2015
Great research institution with a lot of things going on. Daily seminars and development workshops. Vibrant research community, very collaborative.
Pros
Collaborative, great research opportunities
Cons
Long hours and low pay (as most of postdocs are)
Great way to learn about other cultures. A very interesting and easy job !
Conversation Leader (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is that I meet people from different parts of the world, and thus, learn about other cultures. My typical task is simply to talk to international students that are learning and improving their knowledge and use of the English language. The instructors usually provide a topic for us to discuss, but they do not mind if we go off topic.
fun and not too hard
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2015
a work day at ucsd was okay.
co-workers were fun and friendly always smiling and working hard.
managers and supervisors were understandable
It's a good place to work for the retirement benifits
SRA III (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 22, 2015
While I worked there I gained knowledge on EEG recordings, writing reports, going to symposiums, clinical evaluations, Lab maintenance, computer maintenance, programming, research functions, etc.
Archaeology Lab Experience
Archaeology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2015
Assisted in curating and cataloging cultural items. Learned basics of GIS in relation to archaeological applications.
work hard play hard
Administrative and Fiscal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2014
• Ensured expense and revenue is charged to the correct accounts by using financial-link system
• Collected receipts/invoices/packing slips from card holders to ensure compliance with internal controls
• Created Excel ® templates as a proof of cash revenue and deposited daily
• Confirmed the actual revenues and expenses with card holders, vendors by communicating verbally,
Educational and Productive
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2015
Empowers students to reach their potential and provides the required tools in order for students to be active members of society and workforce.
good times
Laborer (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 29, 2015
not really much to say about this job, it was ok with same everyday work, a few good employees, most fun working with this company was meeting so many people and working at the baseball stadium for overtime pay , we did do one day of school for 30 minutes then we can go home and still get paid for the day
see resume--
Peer Advisor, Academic Internship Program (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, San DiegoJuly 5, 2014
• Updated, organized, and filed student information on database & paper records to reflect current status
• Communicated to students the process of AIP through orientations, email, and via telephone
• Assisted students and potential employers with use of AIP website and resources
• Maintained a supply of instructional handouts for AIP students
Cons
Efficient and quite work area with neat people
Administrative and Fiscal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2013
I worked as a full-time as an Accounting Assistant. I have learned about Federal and state funds to record and sample appropriately. I learned a lot from my direct supervisors. Even if the work load is always a heavy but I would like manage my time every day and organize my files very often to keep productive.
Nice place to be a TA
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  La JollaJuly 6, 2015
You have approximately 20 hours of work per week.
Usually the work is enjoyable especially if you enjoy teaching the subject.
Solar Power Integration Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 10, 2015
I work under a professor and a PhD student where I learn a lot about doing research and get exposed to the real life problems that one can encounter in the process of finding something new about the universe.
Research assistant at Antiviral Research Center (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA.August 19, 2014
Busy, and very interesting, always something new happening.
Learned to work with many smart people.
My manager was very intelligent and prepared person.
Excellent co-workers.
To me every day was very enjoyable one.
Everything.
Pros
something new every day.
Cons
no cons.

4.3