UCSF Medical Center

UCSF Medical Center Employer Reviews

average job as a temp. much better if you are hired as a permanent employee
Pedi/adult back/front office medical assistant (Current Employee), Greenbrae, CANovember 21, 2014
great co-workers, working in various speciality practices, fast pased
Challenging and dynamic place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: tight team work, excellent pay & benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: psychologically overstimulationg work environment, difficult cases with poor outcomes.
Management in my unit was supportive. A typical work day is chaotic and challenging. The unit comes together to get things done through team work. I loved working here, but over time I have found that the trauma one is exposed to in the place is too much.
Working in the health environment is full of enjoyment, challenges and satisfaction
Administrative Assistant-Practice Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, great people, safe place to work and good resources
Cons: parking
A typical day at work is helping a high volume of costumers from diverse cultures, there is not a dull moment, it"s a constant learning experience. It's productive and fun to work in the medical field.

During the 12 years of service I learned how to give excellent costumer service, have sensitivity towards all the costumers; to multitask and keep calm.I learned how to prioritize and have excellent team work; to give excellent service to internal and external costumers.

My co-workers and I work hard and have fun at the same time, it's like being in family. I value being a team player with diverse cultures.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with unfairness and lies.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being of service and helping others efficiently. Giving people joy and making them feel comfortable. Being part of the costumers healing process. Working in the health environment is extremely gratifying for me.
good environment
Temp (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: friendly staffs
Cons: na
I love working at the busy environment. meeting people in daily basis.
Good hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAAugust 28, 2014
Nurses are overworked. Needs updating. Hospital seems to be lacking funds to update facilities.
Good Place to work
Senior EEG Technologist, R.EEG T (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Challenging work, amazing location, great facility and adequate compensation.
Great place to intern
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: always interesting, the staff has your back
Cons: the rehab staff tends to not take breaks, there are obvious bureaucratic issues that makes any progress very slow
I learned a lot here from all the rehab staff members, and I feel I received superb training for working in the hospital setting.
Great Office
Customer Support Center Analyst (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 28, 2014
Great office filled with super teams that helped with any questions and helped by brainstorming solutions and very open to suggestions. Great team environment.
Research position
Practice Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
I contributed to work that will be published, which is gratifying. Everyone on this team is pleasant to work with and helpful in bettering myself through experience.
Stimulating, busy, at time challenging and educational environment
Administrative Assistant Radiology (Current Employee), San FranciscoJune 30, 2014
Fast pace environment. Always provide great customer service for patients and great service for employees. Follow through with all requests in timely manner.
I learned a lot from amazing people.
Assistant Business Manager, ED Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2014
I had a lot of amazing people i had worked with. The Clinicians and my Peers were willing to share their knowledge and experiences with me to attain the best practices.
Great Place
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2014
Amazing place to work in. Everyone is professional yet easy going.
Productive work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), san francisco,caJune 10, 2014
learned a lot of things in this office management are nice and easy to work with co-workers are so friendly
Fast pace, high volume environment!!
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: annual bonus, x weeks of vacation per year to start
UCSF has good benefits and a lot of the positions are union, so your job is very secure. Be prepared to work, very high volume Hospital!!
Excellent place to work
Home Health Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2014
Excellent place to work
They support nurses professional growth
Excellent workplace, and great atmosphere.
OR Equipment Tech/PACS. Assist Facility personel (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2014
Very nice stablishment, fair, great job offers and advancement. Overall, I would recommend it to anybody.
Professional nursing practice
Assistant Patient Care Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Healthcare at its best. Interdisciplinary patient care highly practiced.
Management is Not Effective
Administrator (Current Employee), San FranciscoFebruary 12, 2014
My experience at UCSF has been positive, except for the management. Management is either too afraid or too sensitive to address issues head-on. The result is that problems build and build until a small issue has turned into a huge one. This would be solved if management was more assertive and direct in their dealings with others. I see a lot of "not wanting to step on toes" or "not wanting to upset the apple cart" that ends up in disaster.
Supportive for nurses, great benefits
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Great opportunity for career advancement

Continuing education and certification supported

Supportive and understanding management

Great team work and collaborative culture

Bedside nurse experience and relationships with management and Medical teams varies by unit
Best working environment ever!
EMT (Former Employee), Kidney Transplant, ER, Float poolJanuary 20, 2014
I would work for UCSF again in a heartbeat! Best work environment I've ever had the pleasure to work in!

1 2 3 4

About UCSF Medical Center

Careers at UCSF Medical Center Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments – Read more