UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

Relaxed work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SF, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Mostly computer diagnostics. I was an office admin. Supply orders and making sure teachers could teach classes with the tech. Put it was a 4 month contract.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Short breaks and hard to keep busy
Sr. Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94115January 13, 2018
Amazing place to work, friendly staff, great team work. Some supervisors feel like micro managing is the best approach but otherwise there is a sense of team work amongst everyone. Competitive pay but parking sucks and can be expensive, commute is the worse but that more of a SF City overcrowding problem, not UCSF fault.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Micro-managment
Amazing Volunteer Experience
Falls Awareness Safety Team Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Volunteering at UCSF is an amazing experience for students or other individuals looking to contribute to making patient experience enjoyable. I greatly appreciated the experiences that I had volunteering here.
Dynamic enviruonment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I left 17 years ago. I can hardly speak for current culture there. Given the chance i would work there no, though. The culture of oncology care has grown exponentially. It's an exciting time in oncology care.
Pros
RN collaboration
Cons
Upper Management
Typical large organization challenges
Contractor (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CAJanuary 5, 2018
UCSF is a large organization with multiple leaders moving in many directions, often at odds with each other. Business pace is slow and communications are weak which result in many frustrations.
Positive environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Very stressful job, but the collaborative environment makes it fun to go to work everyday. I will recommend this place for employment. Pay is great, management is attentive and teamwork is excellent.
Good work place
Risk Management Analyst III (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Flexible and considerate management and collaborative work culture. Enjoy all my tasks and job responsibilities as they are interesting though confidential. Every day is a productive day, share fun parts of life with one another.
hectic schedule but fun at the same time
Sterile Processing Technician, Trainee (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 31, 2017
The PM shift is normally the busiest because most cases are done by the time the shift starts but when you work with hardworking people, the workload is so much easier.

Teamwork is what they have and understanding each and everyone's roles and responsibility.
stressful
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2017
not an enjoyable place to work due to some managers, there is a lot of favoritism and nit-picking by in some departments. I am the Front Desk Receptionist/Patient Care Coordinator and I check in and register patient, verify Info, get authorizations if needed an all other front desk duties
Staffs very efficient when having emergency on the unit
Travel RN on MS- Ortho 7E & neuro spine Sx (Former Employee) –  7 E & 7LDecember 20, 2017
The unit that I worked very organized, beginning of the shift with a warm huddle from the nurse manager.
Charge RN very thoughfull when knowing I am new on the unit.
She went over each case to make sure I am comfortable with my assignment.
All staffs very friendly, pt's assignment always reasonable, all breaks and lunch are well covered.
I really love my experience there
productive and collaborative relationship
Registered Nurse - Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94143December 20, 2017
It was a very pleasure to work for UCSF and I would return if I could.I have learned so much about technology procedures and always doing research to improve procedure to help patients. The doctors are very collaborative and not so authoritative . The hardest part of my job is waking up early mornings for the early shift starting at 5:30am. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the best knowledgeable doctors and helping the patients .
Pros
buy nursing uniforms
Cons
short breaks
Excellent place to get training
Hematopathology fellow (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2017
Experts in the field giving intensive training for pathology residents and fellows. Excellent lectures and opportunities to do research projects. However, the department branches in four different locations, which makes intradepartmental consulting difficult
good
Sr data analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 11, 2017
easy job, short commute ... Good collaboration with sitting Sr Healthcare Analyst . Learned about UCSF Transplant program and UNOS national donnors database . fast paced.
Very easy going kind staff that works really well together
STERILE PROCESSING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 10, 2017
I've been an Intern here at Children's Hospital and the staff here are excellent. I've learned so much they are patient and very helpful with any needs or questions I have. I am very lucky to have been placed here for my learning experience, the staff has been awesome.
Not good to contractors
Senior Epic Ambulatory Consultant (Former Employee) –  SF, CADecember 8, 2017
Contractors aren't treated that well. The expectations are too much as they have 2 instances of Epic to contend with.

The Management has lost grasp of what the working environment should be.
An introduction to the Special Events Department
Summer - Special Events Internship (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 4, 2017
My summer internship with the UCSF special events department was eye-opening because I was able to learn a lot about special events department that I did not know about before. I had three bosses that were each unique and that I each learned different things from. I was very comfortable with all three of them and was able to ask questions when I was confused, or I could ask them questions about special events in general.
Pros
flexible with work time
Best Hospital learning environment
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 26, 2017
UCSF is the best place to work because the quality of care to patients is great. They treat their employees well. A great place to continue to grow in your career.
I have enjoyed working at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital. The salary is competitive and there are many opportunities for advancement and eduction/
Nurse Clinician III (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 16, 2017
I have been at UCSF Benioffs Children's Hospital for past 17 years. I have had the privilege of working with my exceptional people and serving the community in which I grew up.
Pros
Close to my home and my children's schools
Cons
No Cons
Tremendous place to learn and develop management skills
Chief Technologist, Diagnostic Imaging Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2017
The staff and the work kept me busy from start to finish. The patients were interesting and expanded my knowledge as a leader and prompted me to strive for excellence in all I did as they would expect nothing less. I really enjoyed the comradery and high energy.
Pros
Teaching institution with an abundance of great minds
Administrative Assistant/Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2017
Uc is a great place for advancement and a lot of amazing opportunities for advancement. some of the best doctors in the world work @ UCSF. The balance between work and home life is ok.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hours not flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSF Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2