UCSF Medical Center

UCSF Medical Center Employer Reviews

Challenging and dynamic place to work
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: tight team work, excellent pay & benefits, flexible schedule
Cons: psychologically overstimulationg work environment, difficult cases with poor outcomes.
Management in my unit was supportive. A typical work day is chaotic and challenging. The unit comes together to get things done through team work. I loved working here, but over time I have found that the trauma one is exposed to in the place is too much.
Working in the health environment is full of enjoyment, challenges and satisfaction
Administrative Assistant-Practice Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities, great people, safe place to work and good resources
Cons: parking
A typical day at work is helping a high volume of costumers from diverse cultures, there is not a dull moment, it"s a constant learning experience. It's productive and fun to work in the medical field.

During the 12 years of service I learned how to give excellent costumer service, have sensitivity towards all the costumers; to multitask and keep calm.I – more... learned how to prioritize and have excellent team work; to give excellent service to internal and external costumers.

My co-workers and I work hard and have fun at the same time, it's like being in family. I value being a team player with diverse cultures.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with unfairness and lies.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being of service and helping others efficiently. Giving people joy and making them feel comfortable. Being part of the costumers healing process. Working in the health environment is extremely gratifying for me. – less
good environment
Temp (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: friendly staffs
Cons: na
I love working at the busy environment. meeting people in daily basis.
Good hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAAugust 28, 2014
Nurses are overworked. Needs updating. Hospital seems to be lacking funds to update facilities.
Good Place to work
Senior EEG Technologist, R.EEG T (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Challenging work, amazing location, great facility and adequate compensation.
Great place to intern
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: always interesting, the staff has your back
Cons: the rehab staff tends to not take breaks, there are obvious bureaucratic issues that makes any progress very slow
I learned a lot here from all the rehab staff members, and I feel I received superb training for working in the hospital setting.
Great Office
Customer Support Center Analyst (Former Employee), San FranciscoJuly 28, 2014
Great office filled with super teams that helped with any questions and helped by brainstorming solutions and very open to suggestions. Great team environment.
Research position
Practice Assistant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 28, 2014
I contributed to work that will be published, which is gratifying. Everyone on this team is pleasant to work with and helpful in bettering myself through experience.
Stimulating, busy, at time challenging and educational environment
Administrative Assistant Radiology (Current Employee), San FranciscoJune 30, 2014
Fast pace environment. Always provide great customer service for patients and great service for employees. Follow through with all requests in timely manner.
I learned a lot from amazing people.
Assistant Business Manager, ED Department (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2014
I had a lot of amazing people i had worked with. The Clinicians and my Peers were willing to share their knowledge and experiences with me to attain the best practices.
Great Place
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2014
Amazing place to work in. Everyone is professional yet easy going.
Productive work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), san francisco,caJune 10, 2014
learned a lot of things in this office management are nice and easy to work with co-workers are so friendly
Fast pace, high volume environment!!
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: annual bonus, x weeks of vacation per year to start
UCSF has good benefits and a lot of the positions are union, so your job is very secure. Be prepared to work, very high volume Hospital!!
Excellent place to work
Home Health Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2014
Excellent place to work
They support nurses professional growth
Excellent workplace, and great atmosphere.
OR Equipment Tech/PACS. Assist Facility personel (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2014
Very nice stablishment, fair, great job offers and advancement. Overall, I would recommend it to anybody.
Professional nursing practice
Assistant Patient Care Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Healthcare at its best. Interdisciplinary patient care highly practiced.
Management is Not Effective
Administrator (Current Employee), San FranciscoFebruary 12, 2014
My experience at UCSF has been positive, except for the management. Management is either too afraid or too sensitive to address issues head-on. The result is that problems build and build until a small issue has turned into a huge one. This would be solved if management was more assertive and direct in their dealings with others. I see a lot of "not – more... wanting to step on toes" or "not wanting to upset the apple cart" that ends up in disaster. – less
Supportive for nurses, great benefits
Clinical Nurse III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Great opportunity for career advancement

Continuing education and certification supported

Supportive and understanding management

Great team work and collaborative culture

Bedside nurse experience and relationships with management and Medical teams varies by unit
Best working environment ever!
EMT (Former Employee), Kidney Transplant, ER, Float poolJanuary 20, 2014
I would work for UCSF again in a heartbeat! Best work environment I've ever had the pleasure to work in!
I truly enjoyed my job, from the procedures, and patients, to the highly respectable Surgeons that I had the amazing opportunity to work with.
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 job
Cons: older department which needed a better training setting for all employees, although bad communication and training equals patients are over booked by med assistance, which made patients wait times much longer then nessasary
Ahh, a typical day at the Urology Procedure Center, where should I start. We always started out our mornings with a short meeting this enabled us to communicate between the different staff members on how the day was expected to go. I felt that this was one of the many things that was implemented to help the department run smoothly, and it increased – more... our ability to help the patients in a more productive and efficient manor. Due to the procedure center being a teaching facility I was able to capitalize on that as a RT. I was able to learn how to conduct procedures alone, and got the opportunity to be more involved with procedures while in a surgical sterile setting. I was even given the opportunity to change the protocols for VCUG's and RUG's for example. while working with Radiation Safety, this helped the patients pain level decrease tremendously, while improving the time it took to conduct the procedures, which increased patient flow. I couldn't have asked for better co-workers, we were a team and patients could tell we helped one another, whether it be staying late for someone or help set up, or break down a room or get the patients vitals. It was an amazing experience working with people who I knew would help me just as much or appreciated my help as much as I would. Although, management was a bit overwhelmed with information, due to not having any Radiology back ground or Nursing for that matter, we still took the time to help them grasp the daily and overall affairs of that department. I was able to utilize the fact that management was not a Radiology Department setting, this enabled me to learn what was expected from all angles of Radiology. I was in charge of everything that had to do with even the smallest portion of Radiology, which helped me grow into the Technologist that I am today. I was also able to use my business creativity when working with the schedule, the procedure protocols, and the billing. I could physically see the difference I was able to make just by being able to change how we conducted some of our procedures, and getting a hug by a patient at the end of a procedure was definitely the highlight of my day. I would also have to say just being able to see the Surgeons happy, the patients happy, and the best team I have had the pleasure to work with happy, and not all in that order or all together of course,:) was a gratification that a paycheck couldn't offer me. I believe the hardest part of the job, with such a influx of procedures and patients is knowing not everything will be perfect, sometimes things don't go as planned, and having to tell the patient that has all ready been waiting, due to certain circumstances they now will need to wait that much longer. I always tried breaking the news based on the personality of each patient which I believe helped me in my communication. Over all I was able to grow and learn, improve and help or just contribute to the Urology Procedure Center at UCSF and for that I am for ever great full. If anything would have been different I would not have grown into the Technologist I am today. – less

1 2 3 4

About UCSF Medical Center

Careers at UCSF Medical Center Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments – Read more