Udacity Employee Reviews

Friendly workplace, nice co-workers, and fun culture.
Lead Animator (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 13, 2017
A typical work day is usually either stressful or directionless. I did love the fast-paced work culture, but after a while it will take a toll on your overall health. The SF Bay area is extremely high cost of living and many people come and go because of this.

Although the culture and workplace is fun, and the perks are lovely! It's not a place I personally found growth and advancement; and promotions are far and in-between.

I learned communication and management skills. The best part of the job was definitely the perks and benefits, because it kept the workplace fun and exciting. But the hardest part was the unrealistic deadlines, and sloppy management.
Pros
Free lunches, dinners, good benefits, and unlimited paid vacation.
Cons
under-resourced, stressful sometimes unrealistic deadlines, slow advancement not much room for promotion, and low salary for an extremely high cost of living area.
innovative
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 5, 2017
Great place, interesting people and projects. lots of support, and the culture is great. The mission is to provide quality online education for modern technical fields and every one loves supporting that mission
Easy to understand and follow
Student (Current Employee) –  OnlineJune 7, 2017
It is a online school which teaches many interesting course such as self-driving car.
I have learned python, convolution neural network for training data such as classification.
Love this job
Reviewer (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 8, 2016
Working for Udacity is one of the best jobs I've ever had! Work/life balance is great and the staff is super supportive. They are truly a coming of age company to work for!
Too few growth opportunities for entry level employees
Course Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 22, 2016
Overall, a great place to work with a strong culture and amazing people. However, growth opportunities for those lower than middle management are too few. Expect to gain some great experience and likely leverage that into a job elsewhere rather than growing within the company.
Fun and good place to work
Course Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2016
I loved my time working here. The company does good work and provides an excellent work environment. They give you enough freedom to really do your job, they don't micromanage, the work itself is enjoyable and provides positive change in the world, and you get quite a bit of free stuff. My coworkers were generally great to work with; they were friendly, intelligent, and competent. If your work allows it, you can frequently work from home, but you wouldn't want to, since the office is such a nice place to work.

Honestly, there are only three cons:

1. Job security. I've seen quite a bit of turnover, not all of it voluntary.

2. The level of group-think in regards to far-left social-progressivism (think SJW's) that pervades the bay area is quite strong here, which would be a large culture shock for anyone not from the West Coast. It's not that hard to avoid opportunities for this to come up, though, and it doesn't cost you much of anything to ignore it when it does.

3. The SF Bay area is almost comically expensive to live in.

Everything else was about as good as I could reasonably expect any job to ever be.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Coworkers, Ping-pong, good mission, fun work
Cons
Job security and advancement