UDR, Inc.

UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and educational place to work
Community Director (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great leadership
Cons: no room for advancement
UDR is a very diverse company with many property styles. I have worked on C+ to A properties, and UDR treats all assets equally. I learned a lot from great mentors. I enjoy making sure people have a
comfortable place to call home.
Task
Lead Concierge (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2015
Supervise and train varied groups of support staff. Assist in planning, preparation and executing jobs to design and store specifications with goal of 100% service delivery. Work with other field specialists and program coordinators to responding promptly to customer enquiries in person or via telephone, letter, and e-mail. Use an in-house system to record necessary information and instigate actions as required. Process orders, forms, applications and requests for information. Disseminated information to callers in reference to commodity and merchandise associated with sales. Performed a variety of administrative functions listed as other duties assigned.
Great orginaztion to work with.
Community Director (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Love working with UDR. Integrity ran deep with the management and fellow employees. Pay was excellent.,
Good pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXOctober 26, 2014
A great place to work for upscale apartments. Porter and work orders are a rotation with two technicians. The best part about working for this company is you are only on call one week a month.
Great
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee), Webster, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Great Company to work for. The advacement of UDR compariable to other companies is awsome.
wonderful company to work for
Lead maintenance (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 8, 2014
great company great people great benefits fantastic property's to work on and the picnic's and Christmas events for the employees is awesome
A Real Estate Trust-Solemn, Executive, Focused
Receptionist-part time (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: lovely, inviting facility, great perks: stocked kitchens, keurig coffee, great views
Cons: part time
I have every regard and respect for the upper manager who worked with me in my hiring process. He will always have my gratitude.
Awesome growth potential
Telecom Specialist (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 18, 2014
Advancement within UDR was based on your work performance. Hard work, determination and a willingness to learn enabled me to advance within the company in less than a year.

Great work environment with a supportive team made working at UDR my home away from home.
UDR-Eastern and Western Residential, Inc. is a great place to work. Upper management leads by example. Fun and team oriented atmosphere!
Area Recruiter (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: employees and product
For the past almost three years I have been a corporate employee working in the field. UDR is a great company to work. If you are looking for a corporation that has high expectations for there employees and rewards those that get it done! I highly recommend UDR. Training and development is part of your daily agenda. Since coming to work here I have grown both personally and professionally. Genuinely nice people from the top down.
Great Company
Community Director (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 21, 2013
A lot of expectations, but if your ambitious a great way to excel in your career.
terrible company
Service Director (Former Employee), Orange County, CaDecember 11, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything else
lure you with promises, great salary and benefits. Work you to death, harass and threaten all the time, backstabbing is common way to survive. If you are not part of the VP's group, you usually do not last a year. Worst job I have ever had, stayed in touch with all the great people, they have moved on also.
Not a great company
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 4, 2013
They have to many mangers that have no idea of what to do and the overall low level of professionalism.
challenging and everyday learning
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 28, 2013
Pros: award and recognitions
Cons: short breaks
daily survey/monrtoring of service request, make ready accomplishment and customer satisfaction. Over and beyond service satisfaction. survey conducted by customer and office headquarter.Team effort is our best weapon to get the job well done. The enjoyable part is the weekly survey rating that we achieve and identified as a leader in production and performance.
Hard working employees
Business Analyst - Utilities (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CONovember 22, 2013
Pros: bonus plan, healthcare benefits
Cons: sterile environment
I came to UDR from the same industry (multi-family) with responsibility in the same area (utilities). The hiring manager left UDR in late August and the utilities function was re-organized under different management.

During my tenure at UDR, I was doing work I really loved: building partnerships with vendors, interacting with community staff, resident billing management, training, account reconciliation. I especially enjoyed working on resident amenty programs that were on my desk by default, not having another logical home. My co-workers created a team-friendly environment.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to fulfill the requirement of financial/analytical skills to the level it was becoming necessary to.
normal day
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), San Mateo, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work exp., staff, perks
Cons: 1hr lunch one raise in three years
come in check work orders see what's urgent if none then proceed with the grounds pick up for bout an hour its an big property after that ill get on our trash machine in change both garbage and recycle bins out off all six buildings then from there do a few work orders in split the rest with staff I will say the hardest part of my job is when we have an lot of turns in short staff but the most enjoyable part is the over all atmosphere
TERRIBLE
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAOctober 19, 2013
Unless you are in management you will be treated poorly. The pay was below average and benefits were about average. My co-workers were amazing and that's the only thing good about the whole place.
UDR your postings, why not add what you can offer or is it ask not what co.can do for you but what you can do for co
Maintenance Tech. (Former Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 15, 2013
Cons: lousy pay, manager one sided
Worst company to work for. Worked for almost 2yrs was let go within 2 months of new supervisor. Management was a big joke incompetent comes to mine. Pay was horrible was told should not be in it for money..really? I could go on and tell you things you would not believe but if you ever worked for this company I'm sure you no what I'm talking about. I take back its not the company it's the the people who run the property's on sight, to much power and why not corporate never looks into any going ons Any rate I left with my head held real high. KARMA!
Great location and pay
Assistant Community Director (Current Employee), Abingdon, MDJuly 8, 2013
Pros: generous paid leave
Cons: glass ceiling
Its easy to fall in love with your job when you work with UDR. Great communities across the US, great pay and friendly people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know your resident. Through resident events, you can exercise your creative abilities and have fun!
Bad company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee), San FranciscoMay 9, 2013
Pros: good hands on experience.
Cons: don't get me started.
Good co-workers, good hands on experience. Regional, Area management are very bad people. They do not care about you or your co-workers. Meetings remind you Amway conventions. You can work as long as you can take it abuse from upper management. Company will sacrifice well been of the employees to save money. They will forcing you to take pay cuts. They mentality, take it or bye- bye. Regular workers are taking abuse for stupid ideas from upper management. If you came up with good idea, do not share, later on the same idea will came up from Upper Management. If you like stay there for a year and then start look for better job. If you live on site. Your rent more then your paycheak.
Enjoyed Meeting new tenants and catering to their needs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits, salary and education
Cons: poor management
I really enjoyed this position because it allowed me to meet mant different people from different walks of life. I loved being able to find them a home they loved and assisting them with their daily living. This position required lots of Sales, marketing and strong people skills. Meeting sales goals was our priority and maintaining current residency. It was difficult to convince or help understand why rental increases were made at time of renewal and keeping them from vacating their home if they have had some kind of difficulty during their lease term. The most enjoyable part was helping one find the perfect home and helping them resolve any issue they might have during their stay with us.
Industry