UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2017
UDR is a challenging company to work for. But, employees are well compensated. For a small company they are some nice perks. Entrepreneurial environment, but each department is a little different.
Good Company and they help you to move up.
LEASING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  TampaSeptember 18, 2017
Great Company as a leasing consultant if you are into marketing. Discounts on rent, benefits package offered, and lots of opportunity to continue learning.
Beautiful community , poorly Managed.
Senior Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 12, 2017
I truly enjoy the job of a Leasing Consultant. Unfortunately the working conditions weren't desirable due to lack support and management..In the two years employed management turnover was very high due to poor hires.There were a total of five Community Directors in this period and three were interment and overseeing multiple communities.
Pros
Location, Benefits and Compensation
Cons
Lack of Support and Poor Management
Fun place to work
Summer Corporate Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2017
Everyone is very friendly, and the work is fulfilling. Everybody is very supportive of interns and there is plenty of collaborative work. The Intern program is very well organized, so you will not find yourself with a lot of tedious busywork.
Great company
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 18, 2017
The team I was blessed to work with made coming to work every day fantastic. I loved my direct supervisor and the supervisor above her. I would recommend to anyone.
Solid company
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2017
UDR is a solid average player in the multi-family industry. They can be very cutting edge on some fronts while archaic on others. If one is looking for a stable, straight forward mulit-family experience, UDR is the place to be.
Pros
Good company and people
Cons
middle of the pack mentality
No money put into properties
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Company is cheap and doesnt want to put money in the properties, apartments are extremely overpriced and what we sell to the residents is bad quality as the apartments, appliances etc are all breaking down and falling apart. Constantly looking to charge residents new fees each year like parking, etc but do not put money back into these properties. Do not pay leasing staff enough and management complains if we go overtime. Quite frankly it sucks.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Cheap, bad quality product, bad management
The benifits were good. I enjpyed working with my coworkers
AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 8, 2017
This company had good benifits. The company relocated its corporate offices in 2011 and laid off many employees at the time. The company at the time was good to work for before the layoffs. I am sure that it is still a good company to work.
Great Company
Sr. Service Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2017
This is the best company I have worked for in my career. I would recommend this company to anyone looking at getting into property management. UDR is a place where you can find fulfullment and job security as long as you have integrity in your work.
One of the best!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 22, 2017
Although my time with UDR was brief (achieved goal sooner than anticipated), I had the opportunity to experience a well-run residential property management company.
Laid back
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2017
Laid back company.
Room for advancement for those who seek.
Highly specialized roles.
Located in the suburbs
Located in greater Denver area
Discounts at the properties
Great Company to work for
Resident Services (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 5, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for UDR over the last several years and feel that I have been generously compensated for my work.

My only issue is that the advancement is lacking. I feel that employees are not given the opportunity to grow. The lack of growth becomes increasingly frustrating for those employees who want to move up and move on in their careers.

I am looking for a company that empowers their staff to make decisions based on their experience in the business and that are pushed to learn and succeed in their career goals.
The culture embraces technology and development to empower their employees to be successful.
QA Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
UDR, Inc has an energetic atmosphere and is constantly in motion, growing to meet the demands of the Apartment Home industry. The employees are recognized for the contributions they make both in the workplace and the Community they work in.
Good Com[any
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 9, 2017
Lost of classes available, hard to make time to attend them. Great co-workers, but I think all management is stretched thin. Floaters are need at every company to remove strain.
Excellent Work Environment
Office Manager/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2017
A typical day at UDR was very warm and inviting.. Great atmosphere.
I learned a lot about Human Resource and Benefits Administrator. How to managed budgets etc.
The most enjoyable part about UDR, Inc. is the family atmosphere..
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long periods between promotions.
an excellent innovative organization
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 17, 2017
Leading technology and innovation in property management. A great company to grow with. I worked with them for 5 years and have nothing negative to report. It is a very competitive environment but not cut throat.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Great company with some amazing people.
Regional Director of Training and Marketing (Former Employee) –  DallasApril 16, 2017
Loved many years with UDR! Sometimes too much change is too much. However, the great people made life long memories for so many. UDR certainly touched many lives.
Pros
Focused on growth and family.
Cons
Tried too hard to become a boutique style company.
Real Estate Investment Trust can be tricky, but I loved it.
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 27, 2017
I loved being a Community Director for UDR. I enjoyed living by the ticker tape and having a direct impact on raising share value. Unfortunately for myself and my team, the Tidewater group of properties were actively for sale, resulting in negligent under-spending over the course of my employment. Again, I was good at it. I loved upper management and felt supported by them. Middle management seemed not to want to be involved. Because I believe in following a chain of command, this could be tricky to navigate.
Pros
Challenging and fun work environment.
Cons
Hard to achieve a work-life balance.
Busy, busy, busy
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at work involves multi-tasking to the max. You can expect to be a police officer, a therapist, tow vehicles all the time, be the complaint center, amd answer a million calls while having a line of people waiting for parking passes.
Pros
You learn alot
Cons
No Breaks
Consierge (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 25, 2016
Live working here. Management is awsome. The only downfall is if you work part time you get no benefits. Pay is ok.....should be more due to the cost of living etc. the turnover rate would not be so huge if they paid better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.