UDR, Inc.

UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 18, 2015
Enjoyable work atmosphere, good benefits and salary ranges. Not much room for advancement. Depending on the position, bonuses are offered.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
The truth
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 2, 2015
To put in nicely the Baltimore region needs some work. The benefits are attractive but most of the PMs don't know what they're doing and they brown nose to the District Manager. The maintence dept. are treated like slaves , that's why the pay is above average. They do everything in house instead of contractors who actually specialize in certain areas. High turnover.
Benefits
Cons
Glass ceiling and walls
Overall good place too work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
The coworkers were the best thing about this job. The location of the work place was in A bad area and hard to reach. The best part of my day was coming and leaving.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
location
Productive and educational place to work
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 19, 2015
UDR is a very diverse company with many property styles. I have worked on C+ to A properties, and UDR treats all assets equally. I learned a lot from great mentors. I enjoy making sure people have a
comfortable place to call home.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
no room for advancement
Task
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2015
Supervise and train varied groups of support staff. Assist in planning, preparation and executing jobs to design and store specifications with goal of 100% service delivery. Work with other field specialists and program coordinators to responding promptly to customer enquiries in person or via telephone, letter, and e-mail. Use an in-house system to record necessary information and instigate actions as required. Process orders, forms, applications and requests for information. Disseminated information to callers in reference to commodity and merchandise associated with sales. Performed a variety of administrative functions listed as other duties assigned.
Great orginaztion to work with.
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Love working with UDR. Integrity ran deep with the management and fellow employees. Pay was excellent.,
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 26, 2014
A great place to work for upscale apartments. Porter and work orders are a rotation with two technicians. The best part about working for this company is you are only on call one week a month.
Great
Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Great Company to work for. The advacement of UDR compariable to other companies is awsome.
wonderful company to work for
Lead maintenance (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 8, 2014
great company great people great benefits fantastic property's to work on and the picnic's and Christmas events for the employees is awesome
A Real Estate Trust-Solemn, Executive, Focused
Receptionist-part time (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 27, 2014
I have every regard and respect for the upper manager who worked with me in my hiring process. He will always have my gratitude.
Pros
lovely, inviting facility, great perks: stocked kitchens, keurig coffee, great views
Cons
part time
Awesome growth potential
Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 18, 2014
Advancement within UDR was based on your work performance. Hard work, determination and a willingness to learn enabled me to advance within the company in less than a year.

Great work environment with a supportive team made working at UDR my home away from home.
UDR-Eastern and Western Residential, Inc. is a great place to work. Upper management leads by example. Fun and team oriented atmosphere!
Area Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2014
For the past almost three years I have been a corporate employee working in the field. UDR is a great company to work. If you are looking for a corporation that has high expectations for there employees and rewards those that get it done! I highly recommend UDR. Training and development is part of your daily agenda. Since coming to work here I have grown both personally and professionally. Genuinely nice people from the top down.
Pros
employees and product
Great Company
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 21, 2013
A lot of expectations, but if your ambitious a great way to excel in your career.
terrible company
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CaDecember 11, 2013
lure you with promises, great salary and benefits. Work you to death, harass and threaten all the time, backstabbing is common way to survive. If you are not part of the VP's group, you usually do not last a year. Worst job I have ever had, stayed in touch with all the great people, they have moved on also.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else
Not a great company
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 4, 2013
They have to many mangers that have no idea of what to do and the overall low level of professionalism.
challenging and everyday learning
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2013
daily survey/monrtoring of service request, make ready accomplishment and customer satisfaction. Over and beyond service satisfaction. survey conducted by customer and office headquarter.Team effort is our best weapon to get the job well done. The enjoyable part is the weekly survey rating that we achieve and identified as a leader in production and performance.
Pros
award and recognitions
Cons
short breaks
Hard working employees
Business Analyst - Utilities (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 22, 2013
I came to UDR from the same industry (multi-family) with responsibility in the same area (utilities). The hiring manager left UDR in late August and the utilities function was re-organized under different management.

During my tenure at UDR, I was doing work I really loved: building partnerships with vendors, interacting with community staff, resident billing management, training, account reconciliation. I especially enjoyed working on resident amenty programs that were on my desk by default, not having another logical home. My co-workers created a team-friendly environment.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to fulfill the requirement of financial/analytical skills to the level it was becoming necessary to.
Pros
bonus plan, healthcare benefits
Cons
sterile environment
normal day
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 23, 2013
come in check work orders see what's urgent if none then proceed with the grounds pick up for bout an hour its an big property after that ill get on our trash machine in change both garbage and recycle bins out off all six buildings then from there do a few work orders in split the rest with staff I will say the hardest part of my job is when we have an lot of turns in short staff but the most enjoyable part is the over all atmosphere
Pros
work exp., staff, perks
Cons
1hr lunch one raise in three years
TERRIBLE
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 19, 2013
Unless you are in management you will be treated poorly. The pay was below average and benefits were about average. My co-workers were amazing and that's the only thing good about the whole place.
UDR your postings, why not add what you can offer or is it ask not what co.can do for you but what you can do for co
Maintenance Tech. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 15, 2013
Worst company to work for. Worked for almost 2yrs was let go within 2 months of new supervisor. Management was a big joke incompetent comes to mine. Pay was horrible was told should not be in it for money..really? I could go on and tell you things you would not believe but if you ever worked for this company I'm sure you no what I'm talking about. I take back its not the company it's the the people who run the property's on sight, to much power and why not corporate never looks into any going ons Any rate I left with my head held real high. KARMA!
Cons
lousy pay, manager one sided