UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

It's not right to hire someone to work 5 days and then switch them to 6 days.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 18, 2016
Be ready to do your best brown nosing. Honesty will get you no where in this company. All they want to hear is that all of the worthless, time consuming marketing ideas are working fantastically, even though the numbers and facts show the opposite. And, if one of your logical ideas does get used be prepared for someone else to get/take the credit. The manager that hired me was the best person in the whole company and transferred soon after I started. In my short time there I had three different direct bosses and countless other "bosses" that had to be answered to, some were never phsically on the property and had no idea about that market.
Growing Company
Sales Associate (POD) (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job is doing everything that other agents may not volunteer to do, or help with. Such as scanning in documents for the manager, helping with commissions, pulling reports daily, price adjustments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am a big part of the team. I love to help others and complete deadlines in a timely manner. Multi tasking is not hard for me, but instead, keeps me going. I love seeing our team be successful!
Pros
pay rate
Cons
work load
Good to work at corporate, overall
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 19, 2016
Service Desk IT Department was a really good place to get in and gain experience. Mostly really great people working there. If it weren't for a couple of bozos coming in there and focusing only on their personal gains and hurting everyone else in the process for the long-term, it would have still been a great place to work. Other than them ruining it, it was very fair compensation, a lot of promotions, recognition for hard work, and good team building activities. It was definitely hard work but you were rewarded. Also a really nice Holiday party and lunches out on occasion.
Pros
Lunches, Holiday party, team building events, Recognition for hard work, they care about you as a person and do not micromanage you
Cons
They hired some turds that caused a lot of turnover, they have let a couple of greedy knuckleheads ruin the IT department for everyone else, other departments in IT not held accountable for doing their jobs
Consierge (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 25, 2016
Live working here. Management is awsome. The only downfall is if you work part time you get no benefits. Pay is ok.....should be more due to the cost of living etc. the turnover rate would not be so huge if they paid better
marketing associate
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCAugust 26, 2016
They only care about 2 things white and money they don't care nothing about there employees they smile in your face everyday as if they care then when you lease expect it they transfer you or fire you or both F*CK UDR.
Pros
Rental Discount
Cons
watch out for the snakes they do bite
Professional environment/structured. Lots of growth opportunity.
Leasing Consultant/Concierge, Orange County, CA (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 16, 2016
UDR properties have a very professional work environment. Management is very hands on with the staff. There are lots of opportunity within the company for growth.
Good Job
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 15, 2016
Great if you have experience. Nice properties. Online leasing is a plus. Work life balance. Decent pay. People tend to move up easy which can be good.
Great opportunity for anyone looking to gain real estate experience w/o a broker's license
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
The company is great for entry-levels who would like to begin a career in real estate or property management; like most companies there are things not so great.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Management, communication, and accountability
Great Company
COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
I worked with United Dominion Realty/UDR for almost 16 years. They always treated me good. The only reason I'm no longer with them is because they got out of the Houston market.
Pros
good benifits, award programs
We worked like a team
Porter (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 3, 2016
When i worked for UDR my coworkers and i always helped each other out and worked as a team.we always helped each other out when needed or offered to help out any chance we could. we always had stuff to and we had alot of fun while getting it done. our manager was rude to us at times but we still listened to him and got our work done.
Pros
Really good money, apartment/rent discount
Cons
Manager was rude at times

Want to know more about UDR, Inc.?

Ask a question
Met people everyday
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
Daily work through of apartments and property for proper curb appeal and move in ready apartments. Adhere to local laws and state laws regarding the function of leasing apartments within the real estate industry
Not a good place to work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  DC/Maryland/VaFebruary 28, 2016
This company only promote who they like. It's sad that they don't recognize hard working and dedicated employees. The pay sucks and management is horrible. If you're Black or Hispanic you will not be promoted.
Pros
employee discount on apartments
Cons
Being Minority
The truth
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 2, 2015
To put in nicely the Baltimore region needs some work. The benefits are attractive but most of the PMs don't know what they're doing and they brown nose to the District Manager. The maintence dept. are treated like slaves , that's why the pay is above average. They do everything in house instead of contractors who actually specialize in certain areas. High turnover.
Benefits
Cons
Glass ceiling and walls
Great working environment
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 18, 2015
Enjoyable work atmosphere, good benefits and salary ranges. Not much room for advancement. Depending on the position, bonuses are offered.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Task
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2015
Supervise and train varied groups of support staff. Assist in planning, preparation and executing jobs to design and store specifications with goal of 100% service delivery. Work with other field specialists and program coordinators to responding promptly to customer enquiries in person or via telephone, letter, and e-mail. Use an in-house system to record necessary information and instigate actions as required. Process orders, forms, applications and requests for information. Disseminated information to callers in reference to commodity and merchandise associated with sales. Performed a variety of administrative functions listed as other duties assigned.
UDR-Eastern and Western Residential, Inc. is a great place to work. Upper management leads by example. Fun and team oriented atmosphere!
Area Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2014
For the past almost three years I have been a corporate employee working in the field. UDR is a great company to work. If you are looking for a corporation that has high expectations for there employees and rewards those that get it done! I highly recommend UDR. Training and development is part of your daily agenda. Since coming to work here I have grown both personally and professionally. Genuinely nice people from the top down.
Pros
employees and product
UDR your postings, why not add what you can offer or is it ask not what co.can do for you but what you can do for co
Maintenance Tech. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 15, 2013
Worst company to work for. Worked for almost 2yrs was let go within 2 months of new supervisor. Management was a big joke incompetent comes to mine. Pay was horrible was told should not be in it for money..really? I could go on and tell you things you would not believe but if you ever worked for this company I'm sure you no what I'm talking about. I take back its not the company it's the the people who run the property's on sight, to much power and why not corporate never looks into any going ons Any rate I left with my head held real high. KARMA!
Cons
Lousy pay, Manager one sided
normal day
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 23, 2013
come in check work orders see what's urgent if none then proceed with the grounds pick up for bout an hour its an big property after that ill get on our trash machine in change both garbage and recycle bins out off all six buildings then from there do a few work orders in split the rest with staff I will say the hardest part of my job is when we have an lot of turns in short staff but the most enjoyable part is the over all atmosphere
Pros
work exp., staff, perks
Cons
1hr lunch one raise in three years
Bad company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 9, 2013
Good co-workers, good hands on experience. Regional, Area management are very bad people. They do not care about you or your co-workers. Meetings remind you Amway conventions. You can work as long as you can take it abuse from upper management. Company will sacrifice well been of the employees to save money. They will forcing you to take pay cuts. They mentality, take it or bye- bye. Regular workers are taking abuse for stupid ideas from upper management. If you came up with good idea, do not share, later on the same idea will came up from Upper Management. If you like stay there for a year and then start look for better job. If you live on site. Your rent more then your paycheak.
Pros
Good hands on experience.
Cons
Don't get me started.
challenging and everyday learning
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2013
daily survey/monrtoring of service request, make ready accomplishment and customer satisfaction. Over and beyond service satisfaction. survey conducted by customer and office headquarter.Team effort is our best weapon to get the job well done. The enjoyable part is the weekly survey rating that we achieve and identified as a leader in production and performance.
Pros
award and recognitions
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.