UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good place to work
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  DC/Maryland/VaFebruary 28, 2016
This company only promote who they like. It's sad that they don't recognize hard working and dedicated employees. The pay sucks and management is horrible. If you're Black or Hispanic you will not be promoted.
Pros
employee discount on apartments
Cons
Being Minority
Great working environment
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 18, 2015
Enjoyable work atmosphere, good benefits and salary ranges. Not much room for advancement. Depending on the position, bonuses are offered.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Great opportunity for anyone looking to gain real estate experience w/o a broker's license
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
The company is great for entry-levels who would like to begin a career in real estate or property management; like most companies there are things not so great.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Management, communication, and accountability
We worked like a team
Porter (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 3, 2016
When i worked for UDR my coworkers and i always helped each other out and worked as a team.we always helped each other out when needed or offered to help out any chance we could. we always had stuff to and we had alot of fun while getting it done. our manager was rude to us at times but we still listened to him and got our work done.
Pros
Really good money, apartment/rent discount
Cons
Manager was rude at times
Met people everyday
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2016
Daily work through of apartments and property for proper curb appeal and move in ready apartments. Adhere to local laws and state laws regarding the function of leasing apartments within the real estate industry
The truth
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 2, 2015
To put in nicely the Baltimore region needs some work. The benefits are attractive but most of the PMs don't know what they're doing and they brown nose to the District Manager. The maintence dept. are treated like slaves , that's why the pay is above average. They do everything in house instead of contractors who actually specialize in certain areas. High turnover.
Benefits
Cons
Glass ceiling and walls
Hard working employees
Business Analyst - Utilities (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 22, 2013
I came to UDR from the same industry (multi-family) with responsibility in the same area (utilities). The hiring manager left UDR in late August and the utilities function was re-organized under different management.

During my tenure at UDR, I was doing work I really loved: building partnerships with vendors, interacting with community staff, resident billing management, training, account reconciliation. I especially enjoyed working on resident amenty programs that were on my desk by default, not having another logical home. My co-workers created a team-friendly environment.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to fulfill the requirement of financial/analytical skills to the level it was becoming necessary to.
Pros
bonus plan, healthcare benefits
Cons
sterile environment
Enjoyed Meeting new tenants and catering to their needs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 2, 2013
I really enjoyed this position because it allowed me to meet mant different people from different walks of life. I loved being able to find them a home they loved and assisting them with their daily living. This position required lots of Sales, marketing and strong people skills. Meeting sales goals was our priority and maintaining current residency. It was difficult to convince or help understand why rental increases were made at time of renewal and keeping them from vacating their home if they have had some kind of difficulty during their lease term. The most enjoyable part was helping one find the perfect home and helping them resolve any issue they might have during their stay with us.
Pros
great benefits, salary and education
Cons
poor management
Worst Property Management Company in the Nation
Floating Assistant Community Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2012
They take everything from you and give you nothing in return. Low pay for the heavy amount of hours you work. Expect you to punch out and continue to work without getting paid. Not accomodating unless it benefits the management team.
Pros
large corporation could lead to stability if you don't get fired first
Cons
everything
normal day
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 23, 2013
come in check work orders see what's urgent if none then proceed with the grounds pick up for bout an hour its an big property after that ill get on our trash machine in change both garbage and recycle bins out off all six buildings then from there do a few work orders in split the rest with staff I will say the hardest part of my job is when we have an lot of turns in short staff but the most enjoyable part is the over all atmosphere
Pros
work exp., staff, perks
Cons
1hr lunch one raise in three years
Productive and educational place to work
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 19, 2015
UDR is a very diverse company with many property styles. I have worked on C+ to A properties, and UDR treats all assets equally. I learned a lot from great mentors. I enjoy making sure people have a
comfortable place to call home.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
no room for advancement
Bad company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 9, 2013
Good co-workers, good hands on experience. Regional, Area management are very bad people. They do not care about you or your co-workers. Meetings remind you Amway conventions. You can work as long as you can take it abuse from upper management. Company will sacrifice well been of the employees to save money. They will forcing you to take pay cuts. They mentality, take it or bye- bye. Regular workers are taking abuse for stupid ideas from upper management. If you came up with good idea, do not share, later on the same idea will came up from Upper Management. If you like stay there for a year and then start look for better job. If you live on site. Your rent more then your paycheak.
Pros
good hands on experience.
Cons
don't get me started.
UDR your postings, why not add what you can offer or is it ask not what co.can do for you but what you can do for co
Maintenance Tech. (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlAugust 15, 2013
Worst company to work for. Worked for almost 2yrs was let go within 2 months of new supervisor. Management was a big joke incompetent comes to mine. Pay was horrible was told should not be in it for money..really? I could go on and tell you things you would not believe but if you ever worked for this company I'm sure you no what I'm talking about. I take back its not the company it's the the people who run the property's on sight, to much power and why not corporate never looks into any going ons Any rate I left with my head held real high. KARMA!
Cons
lousy pay, manager one sided
Terrible
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 19, 2013
Unless you are in management you will be treated poorly. The pay was below average and benefits were about average. My co-workers were amazing and that's the only thing good about the whole place.
Task
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2015
Supervise and train varied groups of support staff. Assist in planning, preparation and executing jobs to design and store specifications with goal of 100% service delivery. Work with other field specialists and program coordinators to responding promptly to customer enquiries in person or via telephone, letter, and e-mail. Use an in-house system to record necessary information and instigate actions as required. Process orders, forms, applications and requests for information. Disseminated information to callers in reference to commodity and merchandise associated with sales. Performed a variety of administrative functions listed as other duties assigned.
Great orginaztion to work with.
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Love working with UDR. Integrity ran deep with the management and fellow employees. Pay was excellent.,
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
terrible company
Service Director (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CaDecember 11, 2013
lure you with promises, great salary and benefits. Work you to death, harass and threaten all the time, backstabbing is common way to survive. If you are not part of the VP's group, you usually do not last a year. Worst job I have ever had, stayed in touch with all the great people, they have moved on also.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else
Awesome growth potential
Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 18, 2014
Advancement within UDR was based on your work performance. Hard work, determination and a willingness to learn enabled me to advance within the company in less than a year.

Great work environment with a supportive team made working at UDR my home away from home.
wonderful company to work for
Lead maintenance (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 8, 2014
great company great people great benefits fantastic property's to work on and the picnic's and Christmas events for the employees is awesome
Overall good place too work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2015
The coworkers were the best thing about this job. The location of the work place was in A bad area and hard to reach. The best part of my day was coming and leaving.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.