UEI College Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
MA Instructor & Med Office Specialist Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAJanuary 15, 2018
One of the problems I have getting over is that there are certain instructors who have carried on affairs with other workers and the students have caught them. Including finding nefarious activities in my lab and when it was brought to managements attention nothing was done to the instructors.

If you are not from one of the majority ethnicity or close to certain management personnel then you have a less chance of obtaining a higher position
Pros
Cons
You have to scrounge around for basic office and student supplies
very heavy work load
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
if I have nothing nice to say I'd rather not comment. I don't feel like my personal feelings about a company should be a requirement
Review
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 21, 2017
My work day was long. It was important to make sure that goals were communicated to reps. I learned how to manage your time and best practices that you need to follow to be successful.
The people at the school were great, corp not so much
Education Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2017
This company has a lot of micro management going on at the corporate level. They have a tendency to change things very quickly, without looking at the long term issues. They will term people at the drop of a hat if they don't feel you are moving fast enough even if you were not the one that created the problem in the first place.
Pros
good people at the campus
Cons
Corp
My work experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 8, 2017
As a Federal Work Study Student at UEI i had to learn to be adaptable to any situation or need that might be asked of me. I had to keep track and file packets of students current and past in a organised manner so that anyone would be able to utilize the file cabinet.
Pros
meeting different people and businesses
Cons
no benefits
Worst Job
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 7, 2017
I was screamed at by the regional director of admissions for asking for leads to help me bring in more students. They are very disrespectful to their employees. They only care about numbers for their bonus the school president is the rudest person on earth. six people left in my short time at the campus. Please dont work here
Pros
Cons
everything about the company
Happy to work for U.E.I
Dental Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 4, 2017
I love working for U.E.I college: management offers full support to instructors; my coworkers are very helpful and nice to me, the managers are strict but nice and helpful, I am Happy to be part of U.E.I team. I love transferring my knowledge to my students, and I am very happy when they call me years later telling me that they are successful and happy .
Pros
Love to teach
Cons
I wish the college would offer medical benefits for PT instructors
productive
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 9, 2017
i do not like filling these thing out because i do not have anything to say good or bad about this place. i hope this helps, but i cannot think of anything
Unorganized and unpro
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2017
Poorly ran for profit school. Preys on the disadvantaged African American community. Money driven, cut throat and you live in the edge by management that tries to intimidate you.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no overtime
Great company to work for
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed teaching great students and working with all staff. the culture was awesome and enjoyed learning so many different things from my students as well.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 28, 2017
There is a friendly environment at the campus. The director of education, Mr. Bustamante, is very understanding person, and my direct supervisor, Mr. Juan Carrillo is very knowledgable individual. I am glad that I am working with these people.
Pros
Freindly environment
amazing
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
It was student work study. the best school and Job I had and they was very helpful and generous because I was a student work study. They understood about my studies and helped where they can. Didn't overwhelm me.
stressfull
Substitute Dental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 15, 2017
only part-time - no benefits - the instructors get docked if a student doesn't come to class or doesn't wear the correct uniform - it was rewarding when there was a student who wanted to learn and succeeded in their new career
Pros
easy hours
Cons
no benefits
Great company
ADJUNCT FALCULTY (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 11, 2017
Excellent company to work for. I would reccomend that anyone looking for a great job with room for advancement should apply here. The enviornment is fast paced and exciting.
love teaching
Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CA 91731October 8, 2017
the program is well managed and the curriculum is well delivered. the success rate for the students is high i think its because the instructors are happy employee and love what they do
A great way to change lives
Medical Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CASeptember 18, 2017
Pros: great place to work if you want to make a difference in the lives of students. Management is focused on improving the quality of life for both students and faculty through the development on curriculum and their staff.

Cons: Accreditation and programs within a for profit school continue when students can find gainful employment. unfortunately this was difficult for the medical assistants that were in the program as the medical assisting job field is highly competitive. This resulted in a closure of the medical assisting program. In short, job security was not stable.
UEI Review
Lead Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 15, 2017
Excellent place to work. Good cultural environment. Excellent opportunity for growth and development. Great deal of coaching, mentoring for the staff and students.
Pros
Great environment
extremely productive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CASeptember 12, 2017
I believe in UEI 100% when it came to my program, the instructors are 120% dedicated to the students. Hours are flexible for any schedule. Great environment.
Pros
making changes
Cons
no benefits
is not organized
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 12, 2017
The new campus president start to clean the staff and fired most of the staffs and also DOE who was doing great job was fired and since then the new DOE can not handle the job and the population has reduced
student
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 11, 2017
i was a student there getting my medical degree i was never a employee there i loved this school it was a great opportunity for to better myself for my kids