UF Health Employee Reviews

Productive fast pace job with teaching and training experience
Environmental service worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Great company to work for has a teaching hospital excellent customer service the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude patients but the greatest part is encountering great people as your day goes on the one thing I've learned there is that it don't take much to make most sick patients smile or uplift them
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxed environment
charge follow up coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Nice place to work. nice employees. interaction on the phones with insurance companies/ main goal to obtain payments for denied claims. sometimes required to write appeals.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
limited career opportunities
Manager BSG
Manager, Business Services- Facilities (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 12, 2018
This is a great job. I supervise, maintain all budgets for Facilities, train, have a warehouse, manage several projects at any given time.
Putting together a vehicle leasing program.
I enjoy meeting with my Directors and VP's to discuss our needs and our future plans for our facility.
Pros
belonging
Cons
salary
Awesome
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
UF Health is an excellent place to work! I really enjoyed working there. The people are nice. There is job security and benefits! It was a great experience.
Hard work but worth it
Financial Rep - Trauma One Center (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
The environment is very hectic and stressful however it is a downtown hospital with the worst of the worst coming in, you must be able to handle the most unusual situations. All in all a great place to make a living and start your future.
patient access rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
working at uf health itself was an delight. The nurses and doctors were friendly for the most part. The pay as an patient access representative is not satisfying, but the duties of the job really help the hospital properly function.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Good benefits, terrible town
Transplant Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
It was good as it was bad. I did not enjoy living in Gainesville, but my job made me stay. If you are in the company, you can make a living. Everything is cheaper than the big city, but it is a very boring town,
Not a family culture.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Many positions in the company are farmed out to a subcontractor, work policy is not created by UF Health but by its subcontractor. This makes it difficult for employees that want to succeed and move forward very difficult. Security staff is not permitted to join there union, even though there employed by the same company.
Typical Day At UF Health
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting the patients and helping them find their way through the hospital. Also, the awesome people I met while working there in the other departments. On a rating scale from 1-10 I would give my typical day at work a 7 only because I never knew what to expect every day I was there. The management I worked under was the worst but for every bad day with them, the older or younger patients found a way to make up for that for me. But there are those interesting days where the patients do things that you have to see to believe.
Fast paced lots of hands on learning
Pre Analyitical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Typically, I loaded samples on the MPA machine and processed until the 3 AM list needed to be distributed to all phlebotomy staff. I was expected to process, distribute all morning labs duties and perform my phlebotomy while making it back on time to issue the next morning draw. I loved my work/duties and enjoyed learning more hands on MLT duties.
Pros
Hands on experience!!!
Cons
If all phlebotomist call out there was no back up on call list.
Very fast paced
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Very fast paced. Need to be on top of your game at all times while on duty (actually good as keeps you sharp). Constantly reacessing resources (time, labor, opportunity cost of decisions) throughout the duty period.
It was a fun work place and i enjoyed being there the patients as well and with the worker it just was nice and clean fun
Patient support tech (Former Employee) –  Uf Health at ShandsDecember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working the for 31 years + I loved my job enjoyed working with other, would love to go back there but I just would like to do something a little different and at a different area work place. Before I left my job was in OR on the 2nd floor, I miss seeing everyone but like to change the University of Florida for now if I am hired as a worker. Will work can work as following orders. Will be on time and can work along with others. At uf Health I also worked with other we worked together as a group.
Pros
Will except the time given to me for lunch
Cons
15 mins
files and documents organized for companies.
Radiology Clerk 2 (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2017
Documenting/Recording Information -- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form. 2) Performing Administrative Activities -- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing ...
Typical work day including re-filing and pulling documents. Employees must maintain PPI compliance at all times.
Pros
Checking incoming paperwork
Cons
(correspondence, invoices etc.) and making copies before distributing Sorting all papers alphabetically
great teammates
Transition Coach (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2017
The Director created an environment that was stress-free and cultivated work relationships. The teammates worked together to support each other on a daily basis.
Pros
great teammates
Cons
low pay
fun place to work
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2017
great place to work; supportive administration; great salary. The hardest part of the job is the population given the nature of where the hospital is situated.
Great place to learn
RN, Charge & Staff, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2017
This is a teaching environment and there is a willingness to teach. However, many nurses will eat you alive if you try to be passive. This is true in all hospitals
Great benefits
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 14, 2017
Good benefits, good place to work. Would recommend to anyone who needs good benefits and steady employment. Make sure to know the difference in organizations - HB and PB.
Salary Position
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2017
Upper corporate management was in-predictable. The job was very rewarding and the physicians were great. Unfortunately, corporate seemed more about the bottom line than patient care.
Pros
All of the benefits of working for a large corporation
Cons
Patient acuity was rarely taken into consideration
Benefits
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 4, 2017
Excellent health and financial/retirement benefits. Management is very supportive of staff; provides adequate staffing and equipment. It is a teaching hospital, providing opportunity to grow and learn.
Helpdesk Coordinator/PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2017
UF Health is a place for a learning tool. After 17 years of working for the company it became more of who you know and not what you know. I wouldn't say it's not a good company, but after the treatment of management, I wouldn't want to return.
Cons
Short breaks, very poor management