UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Great start for new IT workers
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMay 5, 2017
Boss is very personable and knowledgeable of IT. He is always willing to answer questions, and help you understand and grow in your role. Calm environment compared to many help desk companies. You are not being bombarded with tickets, and you don't any pre-defined quota to reach. The people within the company are friendly (I've never had or even seen any major issues among co-workers). As Tier I support, you have a pretty light workload when it comes to tickets, so you may be assigned other duties such as inventory management and purchase orders. While the starting rate is somewhat low ($15/hr), it is actually more than most entry-level help desk roles which is around $12/hr.
Pros
Relaxed environment, job security, decent benefits
Cons
Limited sick/vacation time (PTO system)
Very frustrating place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAApril 21, 2017
Ufp is on on many companies u can work and have fun at the same time. However it is very difficult to advance unless you're well like by the team members or the management. It is very odd how they operate. Deff can see the favoritism towards certain employes by management with the decisions on promotions. That has alot to do with the turnover rate being so high. Every shift has same rules but u can deff see the difference on how much they abide by them. If u want to get away with not following company procedures i suggest u work on 3rd shift or 2nd shift. Turnover rate also has alot to do with how hard they work u on certain jobs. It could b a 2 to 3 man job but will make u do it alone to save money on themselves when that isnt right at all. Long story short if you want to work there and advance kiss ALOT of butt,dont miss n be pretty if you're a girl. Dont believe me check it out for yourself.
Pros
Lose weight in the summer due to eccessive heat
Cons
Get digestion issues from swallowing your food so fast on a 15 min lunch break
Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain Analyst/Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAApril 17, 2017
Company is very well run and takes advantage of economies of scale. The company is also well involved in key industries that they support. Products are fundamental and needed by most industries, and continues to develop them to appeal to a broader range of industries.
Pros
Good management
Cons
N/a
Productive place to work
Sr. Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, MAApril 10, 2017
One of the many things I enjoy about UFP is the ability to just work to get things done. For me I don't really have someone looking over my shoulder all the time. They ask for something to be completed or done and then let me get right to it. Love being able to work in that type of culture.
Pros
Annual Bonus
Cons
Holding all people accountable. Sometimes we are too nice
Good work environment with great teamwork
Cad Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Friendly coworkers that worked well together to resolve any issues that arose. Progressed in my skills with AutoCAD and sent out for training in SolidWorks. Able to learn and progress knowledge of various CNC Cad software for programing production parts.
Pros
occasional front office snack day, great team environment beyound department boundaries
In a state of transition
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 28, 2016
Many management changes in play right now. All systems are being rebuild including a new MRP system. So many customers management cant focus on a group of core competencies.
Pros
Very Diverse
Cons
Disorganized
Horrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 14, 2016
If you want to work where it is ok for Supervisors to have relations with there subordinates and try to get into your pants, take smoke breaks every 20 minutes, sneak away to do who knows what, where private conversations are non existent with management, plant manager who doesn't have a clue how to run a plant or has a clue what is really going on, never spends time with employees to make the culture better, never follows through, excuses is there best quality, acts like he knows employees on the floor and the list goes on. They can't pay us better but yet he has a viper? Management is the worst I had ever worked for and the full time employees treat you like your garbage if they don't like they way you look. Stay away
Pros
Check
Cons
stress
If all you need is a paycheck
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2015
A culture where employees hate to work, but need a paycheck. UFPT is struggling as the company attempts to reign in all the "ma & pops" companies previously purchased. A difficult task with good leadership, but impossible with the leadership in place now.

The environment is extremely hostile! The "blame game" is the only game that they play. Anyone starting below a supervisor level, can expect minimum wage, and even with 25 years of loyalty, you are going to be at about 14$/hr. Management is overpaid and highly incompetent. The company currently has a 50% on time delivery record.
Pros
weekly paycheck, and a nice one if you are management, but minimal if not.
Cons
terrible culture, worse leadership, hostile work environment, and no vision for the future.
appreciate the staff
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownDecember 10, 2015
the job itself was a guessing game you did not know what you were going to be doing till you got into work the supervisors always helped answer a question if needed they also showed you how to do a job.I learned how to use a die cutter and work with medical materials in a clean room.Co workers of the job for the most part were pleasant people other times probably better to stay to yourself. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a new machine hoping not to mess anything up.Enjoyable parts of the job were how fast time seemed to go by and how people helped time fly by cracking some jokes.
Pros
the staff
Cons
negative atnosphere at times
Nice place to work
SALES SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJDecember 3, 2015
Location is closing. In my five years I learned a lot about the foam business and had many customers that became friends.
Pros
flexible with your personal time
Cons
facility closing
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAOctober 10, 2015
My title was customer service representative but, my functions were more of a project coordinator/account manager role.

I was there during a consolidation from PAC Foam Products to UFP Technologies and our ERP systems did not mesh well going through the transition. There was a fair amount of confusion on the paperwork end of transitioning over 10,000 parts with no clear instruction on completing them.
Pros
Good Stepping stone
Cons
Transitioned accounts took less precendent than pre-existing accounts.
Easy self motivating job
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 23, 2015
Typical day as a fork lift operator working 3rd shift was go in inspect my fork lift put inventory away and loading trucks, keeping in mind of where abouts of co workers
Pros
worked alone
Cons
3rd shift
productive working place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAJuly 23, 2015
very cheerful staff and energetic they were always willing to train you if you did not know the machine and how to work with it .
Pros
machines were learned fast when taught correctly
nice people to work with
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 3, 2015
I learned everything about machines at UFP TECH
Management was helpful and working with us in everything
my Co- worker were nice and they are still my friends
the hardest part was when they decide to close the company due to high taxes
Good Place to Learn
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Good job overall, the atmosphere is great, the people are hard workers, everyone wants to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and short notice of daily issues or deadlines.
Pros
People, Benefits
Cons
short breaks, wages, no advancement.
Low wages, inability to keep qualified prospective employees
Sr. Maintenance Manager / Sr. Prod Support Sup (Former Employee) –  Glendale Hts, ILJanuary 23, 2015
The best part was the people that did stay with the company.
Management was all about the bottom line.
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAMarch 17, 2014
I wake up early (positive) to make my lunch and get ready to go work, I learned to be responsible with my co worker with my boss and my supervisor for me I don't have any hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people have the patient to tech you to make the job right
Pros
free luch
Cons
short brake
Large but not too large
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 13, 2014
Good chance for advancement if you want to advance.
It is factory work with a lot of engineering new products.
Great overall company if you work hard and want to advance.
Pros
Stock puchase plan is great and great chance for advancement.
Cons
None realy
Medical Device & Packaging
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Very Potential Company.
12 ~ 13 facilities in national wide.
Governments, Medical, Automobile, Aerospace / Defense.
Even though I spend most of my time here for the last 4.5 years, the atmosphere is not a family environment. Like most jobs usually are.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 25, 2013
A typical day at work: If I don't have work in my department, I am finding other things to keep me busy, or clean.
What I have learned: I am always finding new ways to make my responsibilities more efficient and productive.
Management: Very unorganized.
My co-workers: Sometimes other co-workers will talk to me and other days I don't even get a hello. I always wonder if I did something wrong.
The hardest part of the job: The environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Receiving gift cards for a job well done.
Pros
Receiving gift cards, lunches for holidays
Cons
Not alot of communication between management and co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UFP TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8