UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 14, 2016
If you want to work where it is ok for Supervisors to have relations with there subordinates and try to get into your pants, take smoke breaks every 20 minutes, sneak away to do who knows what, where private conversations are non existent with management, plant manager who doesn't have a clue how to run a plant or has a clue what is really going on, never spends time with employees to make the culture better, never follows through, excuses is there best quality, acts like he knows employees on the floor and the list goes on. They can't pay us better but yet he has a viper? Management is the worst I had ever worked for and the full time employees treat you like your garbage if they don't like they way you look. Stay away
Pros
Check
Cons
stress
If all you need is a paycheck
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2015
A culture where employees hate to work, but need a paycheck. UFPT is struggling as the company attempts to reign in all the "ma & pops" companies previously purchased. A difficult task with good leadership, but impossible with the leadership in place now.

The environment is extremely hostile! The "blame game" is the only game that they play. Anyone starting below a supervisor level, can expect minimum wage, and even with 25 years of loyalty, you are going to be at about 14$/hr. Management is overpaid and highly incompetent. The company currently has a 50% on time delivery record.
Pros
weekly paycheck, and a nice one if you are management, but minimal if not.
Cons
terrible culture, worse leadership, hostile work environment, and no vision for the future.
appreciate the staff
Clean Room Operator (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownDecember 10, 2015
the job itself was a guessing game you did not know what you were going to be doing till you got into work the supervisors always helped answer a question if needed they also showed you how to do a job.I learned how to use a die cutter and work with medical materials in a clean room.Co workers of the job for the most part were pleasant people other times probably better to stay to yourself. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a new machine hoping not to mess anything up.Enjoyable parts of the job were how fast time seemed to go by and how people helped time fly by cracking some jokes.
Pros
the staff
Cons
negative atnosphere at times
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAOctober 10, 2015
My title was customer service representative but, my functions were more of a project coordinator/account manager role.

I was there during a consolidation from PAC Foam Products to UFP Technologies and our ERP systems did not mesh well going through the transition. There was a fair amount of confusion on the paperwork end of transitioning over 10,000 parts with no clear instruction on completing them.
Pros
Good Stepping stone
Cons
Transitioned accounts took less precendent than pre-existing accounts.
Easy self motivating job
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 23, 2015
Typical day as a fork lift operator working 3rd shift was go in inspect my fork lift put inventory away and loading trucks, keeping in mind of where abouts of co workers
Pros
worked alone
Cons
3rd shift
productive working place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAJuly 23, 2015
very cheerful staff and energetic they were always willing to train you if you did not know the machine and how to work with it .
Pros
machines were learned fast when taught correctly
nice people to work with
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILMarch 3, 2015
I learned everything about machines at UFP TECH
Management was helpful and working with us in everything
my Co- worker were nice and they are still my friends
the hardest part was when they decide to close the company due to high taxes
Good Place to Learn
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Good job overall, the atmosphere is great, the people are hard workers, everyone wants to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and short notice of daily issues or deadlines.
Pros
people, benefits
Cons
short breaks, wages, no advancement.
Low wages, inability to keep qualified prospective employees
Sr. Maintenance Manager / Sr. Prod Support Sup (Former Employee) –  Glendale Hts, ILJanuary 23, 2015
The best part was the people that did stay with the company.
Management was all about the bottom line.
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAMarch 17, 2014
I wake up early (positive) to make my lunch and get ready to go work, I learned to be responsible with my co worker with my boss and my supervisor for me I don't have any hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people have the patient to tech you to make the job right
Pros
free luch
Cons
short brake
Large but not too large
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 13, 2014
Good chance for advancement if you want to advance.
It is factory work with a lot of engineering new products.
Great overall company if you work hard and want to advance.
Pros
stock puchase plan is great and great chance for advancement.
Cons
none realy
Medical Device & Packaging
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Very Potential Company.
12 ~ 13 facilities in national wide.
Governments, Medical, Automobile, Aerospace / Defense.
Even though I spend most of my time here for the last 4.5 years, the atmosphere is not a family environment. Like most jobs usually are.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 25, 2013
A typical day at work: If I don't have work in my department, I am finding other things to keep me busy, or clean.
What I have learned: I am always finding new ways to make my responsibilities more efficient and productive.
Management: Very unorganized.
My co-workers: Sometimes other co-workers will talk to me and other days I don't even get a hello. I always wonder if I did something wrong.
The hardest part of the job: The environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Receiving gift cards for a job well done.
Pros
receiving gift cards, lunches for holidays
Cons
not alot of communication between management and co-workers.
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 5, 2013
Warehouse Operator, loaded and unloaded trailers. Learned a lot about safety and quality. Worked with one other person per shift. Enjoyed working with the people and talking with the truck drivers.
Pros
day shift
Cons
hours varied
Not a very good place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 14, 2013
Go in run a machine, make adjustments accordingly. Occasionally have to do tool changes. Deal with changes in the pulp.
Sometimes co-workers are helpful most of the time not. If they see you struggling more times that not they will just sit there and watch you. It is a typical factory the drama is everywhere.
Management is the worst I have EVER seen. They give positions to people that have lower seniourity, will not come and give you breaks when they are supposed to. Do not come and check on you. Make you do a tool change and then decide to put it right back. Do not care about anything that is going on. You tell them a problem and they just brush it off. When they are short staffed make you do tons of ot and still expect you to work the weekends. Give horrible reviews and horrible raises.

the hardest part about the job is dealing with management and their 24 hr notice of overtime for the weekend.The best thing about the job is if everything is running ok then you can pretty much just stand around.
Pros
getting to stand around
Cons
short breaks, heat, pay
If you want hours to work they have them.
Supervisor Tony (Current Employee) –  Clinton IowaAugust 1, 2013
Job doesn't pay the best but you can get 40 hours a weak and more. Good benefits, you can move up in the company, and you can get hired on after 3 months of working threw the temp service. The main thing I don't like is there's a lot of short notice overtime.
Bad place to work!!!
Maintenance electrician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MichiganJune 5, 2013
Place is a dump, the pay is bad, the management is horrible and the employees are all back stabbers...stay far away from this place!!!
Pros
none!!!
Cons
bad place to work!!!
Laid back/low pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton IowaMay 9, 2013
I enjoy what I do, however the pay is lower than the average machine operator in this town as well as no chances for advancement in this career.
boring, dull, and meaningless work
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  georgetown maNovember 8, 2012
it's a repetitive job and thankless work, the management are a bunch of lazy hypocrite slave drivers, who do nothing themselves but get angry at people who try to enjoy themselves at work. they give no thanks for a hard days work and they tell you that as long as you keep working hard you'll get a permanent job there, but let you go without any notice whatsoever.
Cons
atmosphere, poor excuses for bosses, pitiful pay, liars everywhere, no benefits, no sick leave, no excuses, etc etc
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MAOctober 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and customer relationships that i developed. I learned how to be patient with everyone in order to get the issues resolved. Working with an open mind.

2.9