UFP TECHNOLOGIES

UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employer Reviews

Large but not too large
Assistant Production Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: stock puchase plan is great and great chance for advancement.
Cons: none realy
Good chance for advancement if you want to advance.
It is factory work with a lot of engineering new products.
Great overall company if you work hard and want to advance.
Medical Device & Packaging
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Very Potential Company.
12 ~ 13 facilities in national wide.
Governments, Medical, Automobile, Aerospace / Defense.
Even though I spend most of my time here for the last 4.5 years, the atmosphere is not a family environment. Like most jobs usually are.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 25, 2013
Pros: receiving gift cards, lunches for holidays
Cons: not alot of communication between management and co-workers.
A typical day at work: If I don't have work in my department, I am finding other things to keep me busy, or clean.
What I have learned: I am always finding new ways to make my responsibilities more efficient and productive.
Management: Very unorganized.
My co-workers: Sometimes other co-workers will talk to me and other days I don't even get a hello. – more... I always wonder if I did something wrong.
The hardest part of the job: The environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Receiving gift cards for a job well done. – less
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Clinton, IANovember 5, 2013
Pros: day shift
Cons: hours varied
Warehouse Operator, loaded and unloaded trailers. Learned a lot about safety and quality. Worked with one other person per shift. Enjoyed working with the people and talking with the truck drivers.
Not a very good place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Clinton, IAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: getting to stand around
Cons: short breaks, heat, pay
Go in run a machine, make adjustments accordingly. Occasionally have to do tool changes. Deal with changes in the pulp.
Sometimes co-workers are helpful most of the time not. If they see you struggling more times that not they will just sit there and watch you. It is a typical factory the drama is everywhere.
Management is the worst I have EVER seen. – more... They give positions to people that have lower seniourity, will not come and give you breaks when they are supposed to. Do not come and check on you. Make you do a tool change and then decide to put it right back. Do not care about anything that is going on. You tell them a problem and they just brush it off. When they are short staffed make you do tons of ot and still expect you to work the weekends. Give horrible reviews and horrible raises.

the hardest part about the job is dealing with management and their 24 hr notice of overtime for the weekend.The best thing about the job is if everything is running ok then you can pretty much just stand around. – less
If you want hours to work they have them.
Supervisor Tony (Current Employee), Clinton IowaAugust 1, 2013
Job doesn't pay the best but you can get 40 hours a weak and more. Good benefits, you can move up in the company, and you can get hired on after 3 months of working threw the temp service. The main thing I don't like is there's a lot of short notice overtime.
Bad place to work!!!
Maintenance electrician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MichiganJune 5, 2013
Pros: none!!!
Cons: bad place to work!!!
Place is a dump, the pay is bad, the management is horrible and the employees are all back stabbers...stay far away from this place!!!
Laid back/low pay
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Clinton IowaMay 9, 2013
I enjoy what I do, however the pay is lower than the average machine operator in this town as well as no chances for advancement in this career.
boring, dull, and meaningless work
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee), georgetown maNovember 8, 2012
Cons: atmosphere, poor excuses for bosses, pitiful pay, liars everywhere, no benefits, no sick leave, no excuses, etc etc
it's a repetitive job and thankless work, the management are a bunch of lazy hypocrite slave drivers, who do nothing themselves but get angry at people who try to enjoy themselves at work. they give no thanks for a hard days work and they tell you that as long as you keep working hard you'll get a permanent job there, but let you go without any notice – more... whatsoever. – less
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Georgetown, MAOctober 15, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and customer relationships that i developed. I learned how to be patient with everyone in order to get the issues resolved. Working with an open mind.
Alright Job
Material Handler (Former Employee), Clinton, IAJuly 4, 2012
A typical day at work consist of producing paper products for packaging. While I was employed there 2nd shift went through 4 managers. The hardest part was freezing in the winter and sweating in the summer.
Very focused
General Laborer (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLJune 11, 2012
Pros: left alone, good co workers
Cons: no air conditioning in the building
Everyday was essentially the same, production work. For 8 hours you will stand in the same area, but it was steady work.
Simple Job
Pulper (Former Employee), Clinton, IAMay 18, 2012
Pros: easy job.
Cons: low pay, 12 hour shifts
At ufp technologies I would load 3 different conveyor belts with 116 kg of paper. The management was usually nice and pleasant to work for. Most of the people there are nice people.