UGL Unicco

UGL Unicco Employee Reviews

Underpaid and underappreciated
Facilities (Former Employee), Foxborough, MA Gillette StadiumAugust 29, 2014
Pros: stadium events
Cons: low wage no room for growth poor management.
High turnover at gillette stadium the job postes as dtz or ugl in foxboro. Management is very poor at communicating expectations. You could work 80 hours a week during times when theres events then write you up for whatever they can. Management has directly lied to many of the employees here thats why theres such a high turnover rate. They will hire anyone and everyone at low wage but theres no room for growth they do not hire within.
buena experiencia de empleo
tecnico de limpieza de equipos de produccion (Former Employee), limpieza de los equipos en el area de mgf 1April 19, 2014
en esta empreza se puede llevar acabo muchas tareas simultaniamente
Found it difficult to work here
Custodian (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: to be honest there was really no pros to this job.
Cons: no one spoke english, the supervisor was difficult to work with, late hours with little pay
I was told to clean bathrooms and kitchens as fast as i could in a busy, disrespectful environment.

The management was horrible and the supervisor liked to gossip behind her workers, as well as insult my work co-workers and myself.

Most the workers only spoke Spanish and made it difficult for my to work in a close bond with then due to only knowing little Spanish and caused issues with are working ability.
An outstanding growing company that promotes within and has an competitive pay rate and benifits.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Atlanta georgiaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: my supervisor and manager has an open door policy with confidentiality, personal time off is given at short notice.
Cons: the people in management work in a different state, or location which makes it hard to have a one on one realtionship, but ii can always call or fax .
I work at the FOPRT location, all my my machines operate at an 98% efficient rate due to good PM's a hard working maintenance team and an supervisor who care's about the client's demand's and need's. We care enough to do a great job to maintain our contract and job. When I started I asked for an specific amount the hiring manager gave me 50 cent more than what I asked for!!! When I attend holiday function's I can feel the comradery even though we work at different location's. The team is diverse. I feel as if though I have an extended family. The hardest part of the job is getting to work. I love my job!!! A typical work day various, somtimes it's easy sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to satisfiy our client's to keeep their company operating at maximum efficiency and minimum down-time.
Company is completely collasping under poor leadership
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 28, 2013
As a former senior manager, I can personally tell you the remaining senior management (30% of the senior staff have left in the last 6-9 months) are incompetent or corrupt! Personnel (such as the VP of the Southeast) have recently been put into positions without any prior applicable experience or understanding of the complicated and often political situations.

I would highly suggest if you are looking to work in this industry to seek other employment with similar companies such as: EMCOR, ABM, or Sodexo! In the last 2 years this company has lost nearly $100 million in revenue and will continue to do so.
Worst Place to Work ever
HVAC/R Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: everything
Pay was horrible. Advancement opportunities where non-existent. Management horrible, they almost lost account several times. Co-workers never did there jobs, they would hide in corners all day and horse play. No parts of job were enjoyable.
The money is good but there is no home life .
supervisor/lead mechanic/mechanic (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: poor training. when your off your on the phone about work. as a supervisor your under paid.
The company doesn't care about there employees! 40 hours pay for 80 hour's work!!!
ok place to work since nothing else
mechanic/ millwright (Current Employee), eddyvilleMarch 13, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable workers precision work
Cons: poor mangement
Have enjoyed people l work with management on the other hand will not back employees , disrespect ee, management not on same guidelines. The employees work hard to help one another but are played against with unfair treatment so company is not putting out quality work and not providing the right and necessary tools to complete jobs safely
Poor Management
ANY (Former Employee), ALLFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: pay, poor management, hr, and lack of knowledge
It has been a roller coaster ride to say the least. Management does not care about the employees unless you are a part of the "family" (i.e. sleeping with/have slept with or suggesting you will with someone). Tenure goes a long way here, knowledge, skill, loyalty, and diligence, however, does not. Make sure you have high boots if you're considering a "job" here. They believe in violating the Federal code for overtime... so be sure to negotiate an hourly wage. Or better yet, request a higher than usual salary to compensate for the countless hours you'll inevitably spend making up for their lack of technology. It's definitely not a good career move for the those serious in their pursuit. If you are on a career track-RUN!
Work Enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Northern of VirginiaFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: management team and hr person.
This company is just a place where management cares about themselves. There is not corporate support,including the HR Department that it is more concerned about supporting the management team and not the employees. The only thing that I learned was coming work daily fearfulness; it was just a like a box full or unexpected unpleasant surprises. Management lacked schooling and the skills to manage the daily operations. Very poor, if any, qualifications. Co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part? Well, the management poor judgement and knowledge to lead and deliver quality services to the customers, they were there just to earn the bucks. These guys treated employees as they were in the era of the inquisition-a reprehensible behavior. The most enjoyable part of this job was to be with my co-workers performing proudly our daily routine- very nice, fine, pleasant and educated people to work with. The HR representative was just a symbolic person that tolerate the management injustices toward the front line employees.
Management is very poor.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), NJFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: poor management
They preach family value and "communication is key!!" They truly don't practice what they preach. Everything is great , as long as you want to do your job off hours as well. Hard work and 100 plus percent definitely does not amount in their standards. Lastly , DON'T by any means have an opinion or voice something you see as not rite.
cleaner ,bathroom,dusting,trash,etc..
cleaner (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: hours
is good place to work but i need to change my schedule time in my life!!
A good company to work for, I was treated very well there
Facility Maintenance/Mangement (Former Employee), Bridgeton MissouriDecember 14, 2012
Pros: good benefits and good pay
Cons: that the job was only temporary
A typical day would include building rounds, to include checking on building systems and checking in with the building tenants. I learned a lot about building management, tenant relations, and vendor/ contractor relations. I was the only UGL-Unicco employee in the building. We had a weekly teleconference. I communicated with co-workers and supervisors through e-mail and telephone. I had occasional visits from management. I enjoyed freedom, trust and understanding from corporate.
Management only cares about themselves
Millwright (Current Employee), Eddyville,IaNovember 8, 2012
Pros: good co workers
Cons: no one cares
There not much to say good about unicco. Management doesnt care about anyone, but themselves. Dont expect any raises. Management blows that on their golf or bowling outings. Were told the company broke or losing money. I wonder why that is?
Typical contractor that squeezes every ounce of work out for minimum
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: getting paid on time
Cons: overworked and underpaid
This company is a typical contractor. Unless you're management, you are part time and minimum wage or a few quarters above. Even if you get a few hours added on, you wont get paid much.

The people I worked with were good, but the company itself leaves much to be desired. Just make sure that company Unnico is contracted to is a good one and things will be fine.

We were frequently understaffed, not because people were getting fired, but because they would quit, because the work outweighed the pay by about 50 tons.
Very good company to work for....
Millwright Mechanic (Former Employee), Dayton,OhioSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: company outings
Cons: excessive heat
An excellent company to work for with second to none co-workers.
Employees are good management doesn't have a clue what is going on
Maintenance (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: basically a good company
Cons: bad management.
The company isn't bad but management doesn't know or understand what is going on around them. Safety is only as important when it doesn't slow down a job. Management doesn't do or care about the people working for them. The thing management cares about is how fast they can advance.
This company is atrocius and despicable !!
Dayton, OH (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: you get hired
Cons: they fire you and others often
This company is a typical contractor . If you don't kiss management's rear daily you will get nowhere fast. They promise short and long term disabilty , but both are far from the truth. Your job will probably only be as good as your account manager. The managers and supervisors are usually hired from within and again have no management skills whatsoever . I would rate Unicco as the worst overall job offering "jobs" in the area . If you are part of the "family", then you're in , but if not good luck staying employed here as favoritism runs rampant !!!
Hard knox
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Henry, ILAugust 31, 2012
Pros: good breaks and hours.
Cons: bad attitudes from some peers and management. to much changing of rules from day to day.
It was not a bad job but, when you have the Manager following you every where you go checking up on yours and you peers work it can get kind of irritating. When different rules are made everyday and then changed the next day there is no kind of structure. Lots of yelling and attiude from some peers and Management.
Good company
Facility Route Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2012
Pros: great benifits
Cons: advancement is limited
great company to work for. offers great benifits. supplies all tools required to perform your job.

About UGL Unicco

UGL Services (formerly UNICCO)┬áisn't afraid to get its hands dirty. The company provides an array of janitorial and other facilities – Read more