Uhc Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
excellent
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2017
great company, great culture
flexible schedule, good pay, independence with scheduling and time off, minimal micromanagement, have to use emr and drive
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long drives between members
Overtime Overtime Overtime
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 7, 2017
If you like mandatory overtime, no opportunity for advancement, and sub par pay this job is for you. On the other hand they do have pretty solid benefits.
Ok I guess
Claims Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 6, 2017
No work life balance expedite appeals - work at home daily stress medicare appeals - benefits need work salary ok but could be better - time off good
Pros
Work at home
Benefits
Great Feeling To Help Those In Need
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 21, 2017
Its a satisfying feeling when you know you just helped a elderly or retiree who was in need. I have learned so much about health insurance and how valuable insurance is in our daily day to day. My joy I get out this job is hearing the sense of relief from somebody that just went through something tragic or the elderly couple that just wants to talk.
management
Provider Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 31, 2016
the reason I gave a 1 star for management, is because my direct boss was hired and had zero medical healthcare background and felt because of his lack of knowledge about the industry, made him a very poor boss.
Pros
opportunities to relocate
Cons
poor management
Great place to work if you get "in" with the "in crowd":
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 24, 2016
Great place to work with most co workers being friendly and helpful
HOWEVER, there is a high school clique and if you're not part of this you will be harassed out of a job or terminated after harassment. Termination over petty stuff that HR overlooks when brought to their attention; there is no backing from HR, HR lets this corner of the company do whatever they choose and get away with it.
Pros
NO pros for the average employee
Cons
small beneficial perks if you "follow the leader"
Excellent company to work for.
Product Support Analyst Assoc (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
Great place to advance in Healthcare.
Great benefits as well.
Option to work from home.
Great support team.
Flexible schedule.
compensation
Senior Claims Rep (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 22, 2015
I wish the company would offer better insurance for their employees. I have to work 19 hours a paycheck just to pay for my benefits for my family.
UHC is just as bad as Walmart
Senior Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 21, 2015
Interview for a certain position in a certain department. I was hired for that job. On the first day of training, our group was told by the trainer that the company changed our position and department. During the very short two week training that our group received for now a call center job for the health care reform department, "Obama Care", or "HIX", the major time spent was on compassion and learning how to show compassion. We only received two days out of the two weeks training on software and hardware skill training before we were put on the phones with no knowledge or understanding of how things worked with these accounts. We were told that all we would be doing is taking payments by phone and the rare call of payment or account issue that might arise. This was not the case. There are so many issues with these health care exchange accounts from the state level and the majority from UHC operations department with the mismanagement of these accounts. Systems errors by UHC causes your time productivity to be really bad, but UHC still holds you responsible for not meeting those timed goals. As a senior customer service representative you can not fix any issues, all you do is make notations and route issues to operations. Operations is so backed up with so many issues, the call center gets repeat call backs regarding why a member's account had not been fixed. This is a high stressed job with no management or supervisor support. Management and supervisors do not take calls from angry members, you are on your own to take verbal abuse and meet your time goals.
Pros
Easy to get into
Cons
No support, very stressful, low wages, disorganized
Insurance Sales
Licensed Agent (215) (Former Employee) –  South Orlando, FLMay 10, 2015
Great people fast paced environment. MONEY MONEY MONEY and lots of fun.

Paid for Life insurance License. 2-15. we enrolled Medicare recipients in health and drug plans
Pros
Money and Opportunity
Cons
Seasonal work
Nice evironment
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 1, 2015
I come in clock in and get started working in the Queues until the work in done. I have positive co-workers to work with. Overall this job is a good place to work at.
great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 16, 2015
fast paced customer service call center. enjoyed the co workers long training process with a lot of great information. great place to work
Well Managed, and concerned about ther people.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  DallasDecember 10, 2014
The pay wasn't as good as some places, but the culture, job security, and work life balance well makes up for the small differences in pay.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Expectations and job role always changing.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 3, 2014
Co-workers great ! Good experience. Busy work environment on the phones.
Pros
Non physical job
Cons
Micromanged. Difficult customers at times
wonderful place to work
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 12, 2014
wonderful place to work get to meet a lot of different patients
Excellent company
Operation Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago ilNovember 19, 2013
provided opportunity of balancing between work and life. Job culture is excellent. Flexiblity in work schedule.
Pros
Good company to start
Cons
promotion is optional
It was a diverse professional, and social, environment where opportunity for growth is endless.
Customer Care Professional, UHC (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 4, 2013
•Developed the ability to manage excellent staff in a fast paced atmosphere.
•Diplomatically resolved customer complaints/escalations on an as need basis.
•Maintained excellent customer rapport internal/external.
•Accurately calculated and made daily deposit up to $20,000.00.
•Ability to follow instructions/policies well and make decisions with no supervision.
•Motivated and supervised 172+ employees on daily basis while ensuring staff tracking.
•Delegated responsibilities to employees to exceed company’s expectations.
•Processed a Payroll of up to 172+ employees.
•Effectively developed telephone communication skills and consistently meet quotas.
•Knowledge able of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws that regulate CSR industry.
•Enter/Exit Interviews.
•Tracking, monitoring, coaching, remotely and side- by- side
•Gave feedback when necessary to staff and management as needed.
•Various Adminstrative Duties, etc.
Pros
Own Office
Cons
N/a
I believe that an agents main function is to be sure that their client understands their policy and benefits.
Independent Life & Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYSeptember 5, 2012
My day begins with following up on activities of the day before as well as keeping set appointments. I don't consider any part of my job hard--but more of a rewarding feeling when I am able to openly discuss and assist my client with the policy and company guidelines.
Pros
educatiion of policy in a languange client understands
Cons
turning away business to company guidelines
Short stay
Contract Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteMay 1, 2012
I wasn't here long, but during my time, it was ok. Its a great job for coders with little or no experience.
Pros
remote opportunity