Uhlich Children's Advantage Network

Uhlich Children's Advantage Network Employer Reviews

productive working enviroment
Residential Clinical Interventions Specialist (Former Employee), chicago ilOctober 31, 2014
working for this company provided assurance that customer service related work was my field.
Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2014
This is an excellent company to work for.
...............................................
Social Services/ Mentoring
Mentor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2013
Mentor to children in foster care setting. Introduce children to organized sports, structured activities, etc.
This is a place where children can become future leaders.
Case Manager Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJuly 26, 2013
A typical day is busy and there is always something that needs to be done. There could be meetings all day and I am directing my staff on how to handle different situations.
Would never recommend this job to anyone
Residential Treatment Specialist II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2013
This place is awful. Nothing good to say about it. The employees are all terrible, mean, racist people, and openly so in front of the kids, they are mean to the kids, the kids rarely see their therapist even though they are in the building. It is essentially the worst babysitting job in the world. Talking to management does absolutely nothing because they are all incompetent and ignorant. I met one coworker that I genuinely liked, we both quit, that's all the good that came from this job. You are overworked because they are so understaffed because the turnover rate is so high, it is one of the most miserable jobs I've ever had. I wish I could have taken all those kids out of there with me.
Great experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2012
Pros: diversity and other agency initiatives, always willing to improve
Cons: staff moral, salary, several years without receiving raises, quantity of services seemed to over shadow the benefits of quality services
I learned a lot and felt as though I had an important role in this large organization. In my role I had consistent access to upper management and felt as though with any issues that arose the open door policy was always in affect.
Productive work place with opportunity to grow
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Riverdale, ILSeptember 25, 2012
Working with residents in TLP Program to provide direct individual, and group services assisting adolescent teens, teen parents with their children, in developing the independent living skills necessary to reach their goals and providing client supervision both on and off site. Provide life skill training, assists clients with homework, complete case notes, and daily paperwork.
Work review
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2012
Pros: being able to guide children in a different direction.
Cons: some children would not listen to what you had to say.
A typical work day included getting the children ready for school for the day, lunch and getting them to relax after lunch and back in the mode of learning.
I learned that it is hard being a teacher and getting children to listen.
Co-workers and management were great. There was plenty of teamwork.
THe hardest part was working with emotionally and physcially challenged kids.
The most enjoyable part was helping kids.