UHS Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Company
PRN - Mobile Assessor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I am prn, enjoying working with various hospital staff as I assess patients, I've learned and continued to improve my assessment skills. Great training is constantly provided.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
sometimes no calls
A working day in the hospital
EVS-Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 29, 2017
I am always respectful of the personnel who to report the previous work, I like to arrive early and to verify all the work, to organize my work materials, to give solution to the most important work, because in health one has to have precautions, to work in equipment in communication with The other staff, but is difficult when a dont have organization with other staff , and talk with my manager but de employer no understant , probably beacuse if dont have sufficient experiences or no respectful the job or the place
Pros
new hospital, new supplies, new equipment
Cons
poor training for new employer, reduction hours, poor payments
Poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAAugust 28, 2017
Managers don't know what to do or how to be a manager. It's so stressful and they don't appreciate you are a hard worker.
They try to force you to work days that it's suppose you are off.
HR don't investigate first if somebody is in trouble, they just get rid of people for no reason.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
management
Nice work environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYAugust 25, 2017
Working at this company has been very good so far. Everyone is friendly, and it's a wonderful work environment. I have learned a lot about the medical field. The hardest part about my job is the turn over of employees, we are constantly hiring new people, and training new people. A lot of the time it's short staffed and gets stressful due to lack of consistency. My favorite part of my job is knowing each one of my patients, I really think it's important to understand what they are going through and out a smile on their face, even on their worst day. A typical day at work is very busy, taking about 100 phone calls while checking patients in, out, and making appointments.
Pros
Full time hours, good benefits
Cons
Very busy
The Techs are great, high turnover
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
High stress and dangerous environment, no employee appreciation, little structure, and bad management. They have low standards of employment, and hire unqualified individuals in nursing and management, probably because of high turn over rate.
Fast pace job
Hospital Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 27, 2017
Come in to work and get cart ready for orders. Deliver equipment and pick up soiled equipment. Clean dirty equipment. Inspect equipment when due for preventive maintenance. Deliver beds and help nurses set up specialty beds for the patients. Do PM's on beds when due. Troubleshoot and fix any broken equipment.
Productive! Always kept me busy, and this company always worked as a team!
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 22, 2017
At UHS, they always kept the interns busy, and made sure they were learning from their job. I am proud to say I worked for this company. This company shows real innitiative to their loan applicants.
Pros
Productivity, family oriented
Boring and dealing with grumpy patients who don't like early morning phone calls.
Access care rep for pre-registration (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYJune 5, 2017
I would rather deal with patients face to face, than wake them up to get them preregistered. No paid holidays, you have to use you PTO. If you don't make your quota your breaks are taken away.
lots of opportunities learning and perfecting skills
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 4, 2017
working at UHS helped me get establish as a Registered Nurse and gave me so many opportunities to learn so much about the field of medicine. Opportunities were endless and very skillful and educated teachers.
Pros
many opportunities for excelling
Productive and efficient work environment
Lithotripter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Very organized and supportive staff. Great compensation and opportunity to continue education and skill sets. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to develop multiple medical experiences.
Pros
consistent work schedule
Cons
short breaks
Clinical care
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 2, 2017
Inpatient care is top notch , providing essential therapy in both addictions and mental health.
Positive acute care milieu for recovery stabilization.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Lack of support from administration
Uhs
Director of Admissions and Call Center (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2017
I worked at as Director of Admissions and Referrals thru Wekiva Springs Center and Riverside Behavioral Hospital. Staff are great with their patients, impressed versus other psych hospitals.
Worst work experience
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYApril 12, 2017
The job itself was everything I expected, and I loved every minute of it. The root of the problem was Management. I feel that training should be directly from a boss so you are doing the job to meet their expectations. When a mistake is made, instead of confronting the issue in an appropriate way, or offering help to fix the problem, they threaten a write up, which is subject to termination in the probationary 6 month period. I will not be working for this company again!
Interesting place to work
Healthcare Business Development Regional Director (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2017
This company offers behavioral health treatment at all levels of care to individuals who have problems with mental health, alcohol or drug use. They offer up to date strategies to assist the individual to recover and acquire additional skills to stay in remission.
Everyone of their facilities have a specific focus and treatment approach like : eating disorders, addiction recovery, child and adolescent , senior adult treatment, geriatric psychiatry, and adult rehabilitation. Most of their facilities have a decent reputation.

Corporate management is mostly supportive to adjust to the specific needs of each location.
Pros
Good Treatment
Cons
Difficut with payers
Terrbile Culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 28, 2017
Some areas are 24 hours so management doesn't take that into consideration. HR does not support management. They will throw you under the bus or flip flop on their answers.
Pros
Pay and Schedule
Cons
Lack of Support
A typical day of work
Behavior Consulting Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 26, 2017
Corporate does not offer legitimate benefits. Working at a UHS facility is dangerous and they do not compensate their employees properly. There is almost no opportunity for job growth.
Would not work here again
Hospital Service Technician I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 1, 2017
Manager was worst I had ever worked for. No respect for staff. Employees are required to work while very ill. Ridiculed if called in or use PTO. Job itself is fine. It isn't too hard or complicated. It is the toxic work environment created by the manager. Going to HR resulted in management picking on individuals.

I have been informed working for district warehouse or driver and not an on site hospital is a different story.
Medical office, part of a four hospital health care corporation
Office Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  UHS PodiatryFebruary 10, 2017
UHS Podiatry is a busy, fast-paced practice with four attending physicians and a resident program. Nurses, medical assistants, and front office staff work together to provide optimal patient care.
Pros
Friendly environment, physicians willing to educate staff
poor management
Access Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NYDecember 21, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the inter-action with patients and getting to know them. Presumably a good relationship with co-workers. However, manager micro-managed.
wonderful company to work for
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 4, 2016
I loved working this job the manager would help out he would get dirty right along with us we did our job but we enjoyed it nothing to me was hard about this job
Pros
good pay great bennefits
Cons
when they lost the contract