UHS

UHS Employee Reviews

Productive, positive program for "At Risk Youth"
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), North CarolinaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits, and pay depending on experience
Cons: You are at risk of being attacked if not alert at all times.
Highly sensitive duties, counseling, and encouraging young adults and some adults in leading more self sufficient lives.
Allot of walking around.
Hospital Service Technician I (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 29, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, good benefits, excellent coworkers
Cons: Waking up sick patients
Great job decent pay. Employees and management at UHS are excellent. Be weary as a hospital service tech you may have to clean many used commodes with just a Clorox, water spray bottle, and a wash cloth. Patients can become very upset rightfully so, when you ask to check their equipment everyday twice.
Good company to work for.
Pt. Acct. Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland, WAMay 5, 2015
Pros: Secure job
Cons: Business office is located in the middle of 4 Psych Units with ongoing risk, daily
Enjoy the team I work with. My supervisor is fair and professional. I enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking and accuracy in my position.
Always Getting Called for extra shifts
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYApril 13, 2015
I enjoy my job, but it is hard to accomplish things at work with minimal staffing sometimes and hard to have a life outside of work with all the call time and constantly getting called for help.
Challenging work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow.
CFO at subsidiary facility (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: benefits, stock purchase
Cons: communication
UHS, Inc provides a challenging work environment. The company provides room for advancement and encourages employees to truly understand their role and how it fits in as part of overall team.

UHS is like any other corporation. Sometimes it is slow and communication is not always the best.

The most enjoyable part of my experience was the wonderful people I had the privilege of working with along the way.
A well balanced group of employees who maintain professionalism
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great team work
Cons: short breaks if any, minimal opportunity for overtime
Normally a day at work consists of taking care of house patients while performing competent examinations on patients all while maintaining the ALARA concept. Employees work together to get all the work done in a timely manner without compromising patient care.
Learning comes first
Biomedical engineer 1 (Former Employee), fremont caMarch 4, 2015
Pros: time spent learning
Cons: long hours
As a tutor one would schedule appointments with students make there own work sheets and lesson plans. Answer online questions and emails from students. Go class too class helping other students.
Excellent Company
Hospital Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: skeleton staffing model
UHS is a great company to work for. There are numerous opportunities to develop leadership and customer service skills. The individuals I have worked with in the company are all top notch individuals.
There are opportunities to advance if one is willing to take advantage of them.
Great benefits, fair pay and for the most part, great leadership. Like most companies, there are a few drawbacks, but nothing that would prevent an individual succeeding who really applied the effort.
enjoy working with varied physicians offices.
PAT/Chart prep nurse (Current Employee), Wilson HospitalJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: a lot of work long hours
Reviewing PAT results. Notifying Surgeon, Anesthesiologist and Primary care physician of any abnormal testing. Obtaining surgical orders, history and physicals and any clearance that are required for surgery. I am a patient advocate to ensure patient will be safe under anesthesia.
Advancements possibilities
Supervisor (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: a great experience
Cons: very stressful
I learned time management, I learned the importance of Clinical positions and well this is essential part of the residents treatment. I also learned the importance of "team work" this will lessen the stress level on a day to day basis. This was a rewarding experience it reminds professionals daily why we do what we do. Managing employees showed me how to appreciate everyone and help build up their confidence by motivating them, productivity had increased.
productive, rewarding atmosphere
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: rewarding intrapersonal relationship with patients
Cons: management was horrible
management was horrible, people were amazing to work with, knowing your life wont ever be great again but not finding a reason to give up.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Midlothian, VADecember 18, 2014
UHS IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR. MY SUPERVISOR WAS A VERY NICE PERSON AND VERY FAIR. I LEARN HOW TO DO BILLING OF CLAIMS
Profits before people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2014
Very dangerous staffing ratio.No support from management. Very Unorganized.
UHS
Mental Health Technician/ Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Tequesta, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: exceptional company
Cons: n/a
Currently the staffing coordinator at a 120 bed adolescent facility, I started as a per diem MHT 3.5 years ago. The growth has been outstanding. We currently staff 70 MHT's and 10 nurses per day.
Support Group Facilitator- Breast cancer support group, caregivers support group and general cancer support group
Support Group Facilitator- Breast (Current Employee), Johnson City, NYAugust 15, 2014
o Responsible for writing and creating support group programs
o Presentation of programs and education
o Organization and group promotion
o Planning of group activities and events
Undecided
Regional Director (Former Employee), Centre Hall, PAJuly 30, 2014
Cons: senior administration promote corrupt behaviors.
I feel that UHS as a corporation is a good company to work for...the specific facility that I worked for (The Meadows Psychiatric Center) does not follow through with their Mission Statement in their operations. In recent years, the facility/management has been moving in a downward direction comparable to corruption. Training is not provided for positions acquired.
good place to work
Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
plenty o f work job was cool great management and atmosphere
Productive Place to work
Business Clerk/Medication Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: short breaks
Very stressful and rewarding at the same time
Leaned a lot about disorders and medication
management were very supportive
co-workers were great and worked well together
Patient Satisfaction has been changing to reflect positive results
Stroke Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: it is exciting collaborating with varies departments and activities
Cons: support from upper management is minimal and scarce.
As a stroke coordinator you always have to be prepared to attend a stroke alert and monitor the process observing areas to improve. On a daily basis monitor all stroke documentation on the computer. On monthly basis chair the stroke committee meeting to discuss the areas of improvement and changes to be made. I also discuss any community projects, any positive feedback to staff, any research being conducted, update on the stroke support group and goals for the stroke program.
medical biller
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), richmond ,vaApril 25, 2014
Pros: bonus if reach goal
Cons: no advancement
ok company no room for growth everything is lateral. Great manager people work as a team