UHY LLP Employee Reviews

Easy going, fun workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
• Work as part-time, Administrative Assistant for a project management company.
• Date Entry, paying invoices, scheduling appointments, booking travel arrangements, and answering calls.
• Operated equipment including personal computers, copiers, and fax machines. Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Great company, great fair management & awesome work life balance!
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2015
Wonderful fair management! Great incentives for advancement and wonderful work life balance! These guys are the absolute best! Supportive family work environment and a job that I truly wish I had never left!
Sourced and recruited and screened senior audit and tax people for publc accounting positions at UHY
Human Resources - Executive Search Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
The HR Management and Partners worked to keep a good working relationship between HR, the partners and its tax and audit people and staff at UHY. In public accounting, there is a need during the busy season to have people work long hours. The management did its best to make the work environment a more desirable place to work. An emphasis was made by HR to work harder on retention and even had alumni parties to keep a good relationship with ex-UHY employees, who were offered referral bonuses. In December, UHY became part of BDO.
I would still be with the UHY if my husband had not had to relocate.
Director of Ops & HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 29, 2012
Phenomenal company. Worked directly with/for the managing office partner. He taught me the honesty and integrity that go into creating an office manager and gave me additional duties as the years progressed and my confidence level increased with my experience and his guidance.
Pros
made many life long friends, had fantastic admin staff.
Cons
excessive overtime during tax season, jan to april each year.
Productive place, job compensated very well, fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2014
This company is where I learned a lot about the corporate world. I learned new things everyday. I actualy love my job and what was expected of me. Here is where I made the most money.
Pros
job treated workers very well
Cons
long hours, job was not complete until work was finished
Good benefits but slow advancement
Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2013
There is a steady work flow every day. The company cares about its employees and gives great benefits. Advancement is slow in certain departments and usually calls for company change in order to move up the ladder.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Salary and advancement
Temporary position
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 15, 2014
I worked for UHY during their tax season as a temporary assistant. My normal daily tasks involved covering reception, mail, and filing. It was noted that my position was only temporary and they would not be hiring anyone new.
Productive and good environment
Receptionist / A.A (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2012
I enjoyed working at UHY Advisors because the company had loyalty and it was a team environment, Working at UHY, I learned how to work with different type of people every single day. Communication was number one and I absolutely enjoyed it.
Temporary
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I worked here as a temp. It wasn't required for them to keep me on, and they didn't. The needed me during tax season, as it was an accountants agency.
Pros
experience
Cons
job security
Great place to work for with some awesome people
Senior Staff Auditor (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2013
Great professional environment.
Oil & Gas industry.
Management cares about your personal growth.
Co-workers are nice.
Good work/life balance
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GaApril 29, 2012
Good work/life balance but chance for advancement once you are in the Field is slim. Lack of communication.
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2013
  Assisted office manager with Financial Statement and Proposals-some preparation –backup for copying, binding, and filing typed copies, maintaining report release records. Maintaining file room: (maintained a highly effective organizational and filing system, including quick and thorough indexing, filing and offsite storage, resulting in easy access to critical information and streamlining office function).
 Coordinate and set up high-level conference calls, board and management meetings, special events and travel arrangement for executives.
 Receptionist duties (Answering a high volume of incoming calls and in-person inquiries from clients and colleagues; treat each person with respect and provide information and referrals. Call for messenger drop-offs and pick-ups.
 Created new client profiles and Engagement Master Files using Elite Enterprise 3.5 and AS/400. Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable.
 Conduct extensive Internet research on competitor and potential acquisitions, reporting findings to sales representative as well as maintaining database and compiling PR materials for potential clients.
 Process tax returns and mailing of invoices. Responsible for mail, faxes and Transit check distribution. Time input, maintaining inventory for office supplies and ordering. Support fellow co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UHY LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9