UIC Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
You learn many computer skills and how to communicate with others effectively. A typical day included taking phone calls and making appointments for advisors and students.
Productive and Fun Environment
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 7, 2017
I love the UIC programs they give you somewhere in your neighborhood and you get paid to do something you love. I got to work with children and toddlers who were really nice. The staff is friendly and welcoming.
Pros
You automatically get a job
Cons
You work short hours
Supportive environment for patients
Family Nurse Practitioner Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2017
The provider team at UIC holds high expectations for themselves. They offer the utmost care to patients in the hospital as well as follow up after discharge.
Resource Library for Professors
Admin Assist Art & Arch Slide Library (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
Quite place to work. University setting allows for continuing education and degrees. As an Art History aficionado, I loved having access to the wide range of images spanning from cave paintings to the latest sky scraper.
verifying insurance and pre registering patients
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
contacting patients to verify demographic info & obtaining insurance information
verifying health insurance for eligibility
explaining requirements with different insurance ex: referral, copay etc.......
Great Company
Matt Bartlett Owner/CEO (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLDecember 12, 2016
Awesome... great company would recommend this utility company to work with and for..

Telecommunications has been the soil hart beat of this company
great company to work for.
AIX/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2016
it is a great day everyday, really great company to work for. amazing management team, great environment, good co-workers. really love to work here. learned alot.
Enjoy working for this company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Deering, AKDecember 2, 2016
Did bunch of laborer work to rebuild the school and build new clinic. Did bunch of sighting, ribs for walls, little bit of roofing, did flooring
Great education at this university
Pre-Dental Club Member (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
It was a wonderful place to learn for the past three years. The school was very open to all different kinds of people. Would highly recommend to potential college students.
Student
Caterpillar Interdisciplinary Product Development (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
This place was alright, I studied and worked simultaneously, which was challenging and prohibited me from taking full advantage of the complete offerings of the college, I regret that.
Pros
Commuting
Cons
Commuting
Great place to start out for HVAC Systems
Engineering, Energy, Construction Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2016
I had a lot of hands-on learning and independent thinking. Gained new soft and hard skills as well. The team was supported and helpful with any questions I had. Be sure you are willing to learn because there is a lot to learn. Also, be sure you enjoy working with fluid systems that's primarily what you will be working with. Workplace is attire is business casual unless you go out into the field, wear casual you may get dirty. Hardest part if the job was making sure the reports were up to standard with the project manager.
Always busy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of getting your assignment and doing your job. The most exciting part for me was meeting the patients. I had a position called a 900 hour position meaning once my 900 hours over with I was done with the job. Working 900 hours is almost equivalent to 6 months. When it was close to my hours being over with some of the patients didn't want me to leave. They wrote reviews about me and how well I did my job. That made me extremely happy. The hardest part about my job was cleaning the rooms in a certain amount of time. When the patients would get discharged, the rooms had to be cleaned for the next patient, but sometimes the rooms would turn over so fast it would be hard to keep up. I had to create a way to clean my rooms and be able to get to the next one.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short lunch breaks
Slow pace
Assistant Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2016
It's a pretty easy job if you're a creative person. There isn't a steady flow of work due to the fact that no sport is all year round.
It was a great environment to work in
Student Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
Typical day of work was to secure the building, supervise events,contacted any damage repairs to the Campus Operations department, and worked with the University police department. I learned to respect my co-workers, build more leadership skills, take on challenges that were necessary to make. becoming responsible and reliable when others needed assistance, and exert excellent customer relationships. The hardest part was the various complaints that people had within the events and had to report then, but the satisfactions of seeing everything working properly and maintaining a safe, secured environment for university students and staff is what makes us content in the end of it all.
Overall great working environment
AIX/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
great people to work with. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow within your field. Great compensation and benefits. Great working hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Economics Club Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Good work culture and a positive environment lets you thrive in the place. All of the members are friendly and it was a pleasure working with all of them.
Research Assistant
Machine Learning Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
The people are great, but of course this always depends on your research adviser. Typically get work done whenever you have time so you can come in at whatever hours work best for you. Get to work with some cool new technologies.
Pros
Working with the newest technology
Cons
Not the greatest compensation
Excellent but very theoritical
AIX/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2015
Working with UIC was a great experience - but it was much more theoretical compared to other experiences.
But the team, multi-dimensional coordination was super.
Nevertheless, it was a contractual based job making it more challenging.
safety oriented
inspector laborer (Former Employee) –  deadhorseSeptember 17, 2015
easy onboarding system . great people to work for. let you know exactly what you will be doing for your position. they also pay well.
Great On-Campus Job
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2015
It is a great on campus job for a college student. The work is fairly easy but the job includes plenty of responsibilities and accountability. During the school year, conference room set-ups are the main objectives of the job. Once the set-ups are done, there is some downtime that can be used to do school work. The supervisor is one of the best supervisors that I have ever had the opportunity to work for.