UIC Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great environment to work in
Student Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
Typical day of work was to secure the building, supervise events,contacted any damage repairs to the Campus Operations department, and worked with the University police department. I learned to respect my co-workers, build more leadership skills, take on challenges that were necessary to make. becoming responsible and reliable when others needed assistance, and exert excellent customer relationships. The hardest part was the various complaints that people had within the events and had to report then, but the satisfactions of seeing everything working properly and maintaining a safe, secured environment for university students and staff is what makes us content in the end of it all.
Overall great working environment
AIX/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2016
great people to work with. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow within your field. Great compensation and benefits. Great working hours.
Productive and fun place to work
Economics Club Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Good work culture and a positive environment lets you thrive in the place. All of the members are friendly and it was a pleasure working with all of them.
Research Assistant
Machine Learning Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2015
The people are great, but of course this always depends on your research adviser. Typically get work done whenever you have time so you can come in at whatever hours work best for you. Get to work with some cool new technologies.
Pros
Working with the newest technology
Cons
Not the greatest compensation
Excellent but very theoritical
AIX/Unix Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2015
Working with UIC was a great experience - but it was much more theoretical compared to other experiences.
But the team, multi-dimensional coordination was super.
Nevertheless, it was a contractual based job making it more challenging.
safety oriented
inspector laborer (Former Employee) –  deadhorseSeptember 17, 2015
easy onboarding system . great people to work for. let you know exactly what you will be doing for your position. they also pay well.
Great On-Campus Job
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2015
It is a great on campus job for a college student. The work is fairly easy but the job includes plenty of responsibilities and accountability. During the school year, conference room set-ups are the main objectives of the job. Once the set-ups are done, there is some downtime that can be used to do school work. The supervisor is one of the best supervisors that I have ever had the opportunity to work for.
Helpful to community
Visiting Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  32nd & Madison Ave(s)July 13, 2015
Productive establishment, management undesirable. My time there was productive. School incentive was an excellent benefit. My overall experience was beneficial to my long-term goals.
Pros
Relaxed working atmosphere
Cons
management
Cheri Strickland
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
UIC is a great place to work. You learn a lot about various materials and procedures. The work schedule fits perfectly if you have a family. You stay in the loop about new procedures and equipment. The staff is amazing.
Tabular
Library of Health Science Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2015
Experienced working with librarians and learning what they do on a daily basis. Learned how to properly shelve books for people
studying in the medical field. Also learned how to put in data and gather it to be able to form a data analysis. As well as learning how
to co­work with the entire staff.
Went to school here
NCSO Vice President (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
-Very diverse group of students
-Learned a lot from my degree
Sickle Cell Clinic
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  ILNovember 12, 2014
Working in the Sickle Cell Clinic is a rewarding and educating experience. My current work environment is filled with hard working and dedicated individuals who take pride in what they do and who also take excellent care of their patients. Daily we meet a variety of patients and do our best to meet their health and psycho/social needs. The hardest part of the job is seeing young patients die. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people every day.
Pros
excellent teaching institution
Cons
poorly managed
Busy afternoon officiating various sports and teaching new officials.
Intramural Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2014
Work does not start until 4 pm to allow students to get out of classes. Intramural games last until about 11 pm. The work environment is very energetic and friendly as you get to meet many new people, who also enjoy playing sports. I have never had a problem with any coworker and many have become very close friends, which I spend time studying and going out for lunch with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with participants who like to argue and do not have good sportsmanship, because they can injury our other participants, who would just like to enjoy the game and have fun.
Pros
convenient since it is on campus
Cons
very short breaks and little time to eat lunch
Sport Psychology research scholarship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2014
Research Assistant—Undergraduate Research Scholarship
 Research study in Exercise Psychology with a focus on triathlon training
 Presented research results and theoretical conclusions in a university research forum
 Performed data and visual analysis of research outcomes on Mental Skills Training
 Conducted literature review on Mental Skills Training articles
 Acted as the subject of the pilot study to obtain better perspectives of future participants
good
Research Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  chicagoMay 28, 2014
coworkers are efficient. typical day is productive and efficent
The job is on campus research, made my knowledge more solid and more capable.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILApril 14, 2014
In this paid research job, I learnt how to conduct a research, what's the procedure and most importantly I learnt the right attitude which is strict and serious to do the academic research.
What's more, my programming skills get well developed.
Great Experience
Portuguese visiting lecturer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2013
I have learned a lot working at UIC. People there are very professional and friendly. The students are great and enthusiastic about learning Portuguese and Brazilian Culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am with my students. We have so much fun while learning and discussing each topic presented on class.
Top Rated State University
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2013
I have worked as a Teaching Assitant and Instructot at UIC's School of Design and I have been extremelt fortunate to get this opportunity.
It gave me a chance to exhibit my skills and develop additional skills at the same time. I managed a class 15-25 students for 2 years and feel very confident about pursuing teaching as as Career option.
very public oriented
patient care customer service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2013
was able to help people with health care meet good people made me aware of teen pregnancy
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
seeing babies having babies
Productive and Fun place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2013
Learned so much from the management. The flexibility in work schedule is great. The people are great and work very hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UIC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5