Uline Employee Reviews in United States

Micro management
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 6, 2016
Run unless you love being talked down to like a five year old. If you love being hounded nonstop for ten hours and given a thousand pieces of paperwork for doing one thing then this is for you. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE SIMPLY IDIOTIC RUN COMPANY IN MY LIFE. Every 20 year old with a title thinks they have the big balls and want to enforce every little line of every piece of paper LITERALLY EVERY LINE AND SPACE OF EVERY PIECE OF PAPER. Run for the hills
Pros
An hour lunch
Very Traditional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2016
Uline is excellent regarding employee benefits. The pay is okay, there are yearly bonuses which are not heard of anymore. They also provide health and 401k. Overall, the employees are smart, hard working individuals as well.

Where the company falls short however is in its culture. Micromanaging is inevitable, very strict guidelines and metrics. You feel like you're going to be fired at any moment.

If you are young, and want a job that has benefits as well as a good culture, this is not the place. Uline is more for the introverted, followers who don't want to think for themselves.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Micromanagement
Very corporate atmosphere
Credit Assistant Trainer/Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 11, 2016
The company is a great company to work for and has great benefits. I learned while working my way up that work and personal relationships need to be kept separate. The management style at this company is very hands on and may be hard for some to get used to. Working for Uline has made me a very hard working and passionate individual. I believe that this company has taught me several core values that will stick with me forever. The department I was in was a very small and personable department. There were several outings and potlucks to bring the group together.
Good benefits/Poor employee recognition
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 7, 2015
This company pays well and gives good bonuses and will work out well for you if you can check your brain at the door. They do not like suggestions to making their processes better. They love it if you watch other employees and catch them breaking the rules and report this. If you're a good snitch you will go far. If you're a hard worker and mind your own business you will never be promoted or recognized for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor treatment by management
great company but no room to grow
Web Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 15, 2016
Great company good benefits but no room to grow. Not a challenging role and work gets to be mundane. Looking for a more challenging role to develop skills and grows within the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little time off and no room to grow
Great benefits and good place to jump start career.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 27, 2015
Great place to jump start a professional career and gain experience. A lot of micro management throughout the day; however, great group of people to work with.
Pros
Amazing benefits and profit sharing is the best part.
Cons
Micro-management, not much room for advancement.
Good but monotonous
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 14, 2016
The company has great Co-Worker and good management. The work is monotonous but some seem to enjoy it. Lots of overtime opportunities and great benefits.
Great job, good opportunities
Warehouse Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits. Really good opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 1, 2015
It was a good place to work but to much to do just for a two man job. There were days where it was to busy to load the trucks in a well organized way
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for 2 people
Revolving door
confidential (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Keep seeing the same jobs posted over and over again---turnover really high. Crazy "Drink-the-Kool-Aid" culture. not a happy place--lol!
hardworking, motivated, quick learner
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 1, 2015
good place to work for, very originated company. I learned a lot from this company everyone was friendly. A typical day was high volume in calls, fast pace environment.
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Pros
bonuses and free items.
Cons
MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
Understanding and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 4, 2015
easy to get along with and communicate with both supervisors and other employees.
Very understanding of time off and provides great compensation.
everyone is very friendly and enjoyable to work with in the office.
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy or hard to understand customers.
Pros
very competitive salary, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons
short breaks.
Family owned company with a odd dynamic of one person who makes all of the decisions.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about price negotiation, program management and vendor relationships. My typical day involved vendor communication, product sourcing and inventory review. My co-workers and I worked as a team with one goal in mind but managed separate vendors and accounts. Being a family owned company with not much room for growth, I felt as if I was hired for one position they felt I fit and there was never going to be opportunity for advancement. They offered no grooming type associate development to indicate that promotion was a possibility and very few people received any sort of promotion in my department in my close to 5 years there. For the first 4 years I had a manager who respected work/life balance and was supportive and offered personal development to his team. The last year I had a manager who had no respect for work/life balance and worked with his own goals and agenda in mind.
Pros
fitness center, on site cafeteria, healthcare, 401K match
Cons
dress code, expectations of hours worked, no room for development and promotion
unrealistic goals
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  waukegan ilJuly 4, 2015
a typical day was the whole day worked 8-10 hrs with a micro managed company. if you want to be hounded by 3-5 managers about the same thing in a matter of 5 min then work here.
I was generous and gave them one star
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waukegan ilApril 8, 2015
If you honor your life stay away from this blood sucking corporation, I'm telling you this as a former employee, you are just a warm body, they don't care who you are, what you think or your personal life. Do yourself a favor and keep looking somewhere else, I was there , I'm not lying , run away
No work / family balance
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 8, 2015
Company is too strict.

There is obvious favoritism played by all mgmt at the company.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the events the company holds
Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Pros
bonus program
Cons
management, hours
Manpower temp
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 8, 2015
Great company, unfortunately they do not do temp to hire. The uline employees were always professional and goal oriented.
very wonderful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 27, 2015
very wonderful, needs better safety management, overall a very well kept company, but the safety is not a concern of theirs.