Uline Employee Reviews

Worst Managed Company Award
Smart employee who quit General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 27, 2015
In all my years of working this is by far the worst managed company ever. Sure they're a million dollar business., the pay and benefits are good but at what cost? If you ever have to wake up in the morning and think what's the worst that can happen, then my friend you have thought of Uline. Management is poor, they talk to you like they are just way better than you, nobody has a back bone in that company cause every answer you get is, "that's what corporate said". If you have a good idea you can forget it. They don't care what you have to say, think, do, or feel unless it's the Uline way. Management told me Work was more important than family and it took me everything in my will to keep from cursing or punching him in the face. You aren't allowed to be sick cause if if you are it counts against your attendance, who cares that your lying in the hospital, you better well hit your production numbers no if's, and's or but's. God forbid if it snows and you can't leave your house due to ice, even though the schools in the area are shut down too, confirming its unsafe for kids to go to school, you better make sure u rent a snow sled and somehow make it to work. And if it snows 2 days in a row, now you're just being a belligerent employee and has nothing to do with the weather. Considering I'm in Texas and it never snows in Texas but when it does you better risk your life and get to work or its a hit against your attendance and not just 1 occurrence but 2 occurrences so now your almost half way to getting fired off one snow incident. They hire you with tattoos and don't say a word for  more... 10 months then all of a sudden your discriminated against to hide it whether or not it's your culture, cause we all know nobody in a warehouse environment never has tattoos. (Ha ha). Ridiculous rules. I get it, they have uniforms, but I don't see a customer all day long but I have to tuck my shirt in, wear a belt, and hide my tattoos cause somehow that affects my work performance.Some how the packages I pack or pick will let the customer that I will never interact with know,that this employee covered his tattoo, had his shirt tucked in and wore a belt and that will want them to order from Uline everyday. Not to mention none of their warehouses are climate controlled so when summer time comes around and it's hotter in the warehouse than outside, if that tattoo isn't covered up with a long sleeve shirt, well you're just a terrible, useless, no good, trouble making employee. If u even think of vacation you are a lazy, no good, dead piece of meat to Uline. Fortunately for me I got approved for 7 days of vacation, unfortunately for me I had to come to work in the middle of those 7 days (yes in the middle of my vacation) cause they thought since their stuff don't stink they can make you do that. So they approved me Monday-Thursday denied my Friday and made me come in then approved my Monday-Wednesday the next week and had the nerve to apologize that they hope they didn't ruin my vacation. Seriously? like I'm supposed to say it's ok, everybody loves coming in for one day in the middle of their vacation to go back on vacation the next week. The list goes on but I don't have enough muscles in my finger to type a never ending story, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be honest with you. Stay away from this company.  less
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Just think about it and there you have it
SOLID!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 2, 2014
Uline is a fast paced and rapidly growing organization. Being part of this success is an honor. The environment is intense, and staff are held to the highest level of professionalism and quality. I like that!

The Customer Service team in the Hudson branch are some of the nicest and hardest working people I have ever met! Everyone arrives to work ready for their day. There is no drama, and there are no "back room antics".

Employee expectations are clearly defined during the interview process, and the onboarding process. After initial training, all staff understand their role and expectations. There are no hidden agendas! It is simple: come to work, do your job and go home to family & friends. OT is available, but NEVER mandatory. Holiday staffing is shared by all - including upper Management, and rotates from year to year. It is very fair!

Uline's Customer Service system technology is state of the art. We use dual screens, and our phone system is tied into our computer system. Calls / emails come in, and accounts automatically pop onto our screens. We are constantly offered product and procedure training, and Management wants to hear our ideas!

I have worked for a handful of Customer Service organizations, and this is, by far, the most organized and supportive group! For a mature and hard working employee, this environment refreshing!! Uline's commitment to speed, passion, and operational excellence is alive and well in our Customer Service division.

Have you worked in other customer service departments? I assure you, this is the "greener side"!
Pros
professional setting with focus on quality, service, and branding
Cons
intensity & accountability can be overwhelming for many millenials, gen "x "or "y".
They don't care about their applicants,they play Very tough,rude people
Outside sales or ware house associate . (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,gaOctober 1, 2014
I have never worked for this company ,however I have been applying so many times for different positions starting with out side sales, then as my last attempt,for a warehouse associate, and I am turned down all the time, why? I don't know, don't understand cause they never tell me nothing about it, I am a bilingual in Spanish business developer with 4 years of college in my country ( colombia ) not related to the jobs I have applied for, but I need to work, I need to pay my bills, with a very clean background and driving record, with more than 10 years of experience in the field of sales, however these guys at ULINE are very unprofessional , they don't care about you, about your applications, about the importance of giving a short and courteous response to all the applicants and maybe a brief explanation about the reason they found for disqualifying you from any type of job at that company.
If they are not hiring, that is understandable, but why they keep on running those jib ads all year around on all the major internet sites like career builder, indeed, monster, etc...why?
Some companies like this one are taking advantage of the actual crisis in usa to play their own games very dirty with no scrupulous at all, they are mean people, please avoid them, don't apply there, it tells a lot about the lack of people skills from those peers working there in the recruiting department...
That sucks....they should treat all the applicants with respect and professionalism...
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
Listen to me...RUN!!!
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 17, 2014
One of the worst places I ever worked for, and trust me I've had my share of jobs.
The Good...
.Deceant pay BUT...horrible raises year after year.example...3 cents!!
.end of year bonouses
.coworkers...because every one hates it.

The bad...
.Seems that a lot of employees are getting ill with stress related issues.
.micro management
.waaaaay to many managers/leads and no one can't seem to comunicate properly
.if you like being yelled at this job is for you
.If you like feeling like the harder you try the more they expect and less they care..then this job for you
.if meeting unrealistic physical quotas in which people are constantly throwing their backs out trying to achive is your idea of a good job.then by all means apply...
.if you feel like being downgraded to a trash throwing or rack cleaning possition after being on medical or sick leave..then take the job.
. If you like knowing that once you get hurt here and having a lawsuit against them doesn't stop them from firing employees.. then..take it.
If the only thing that matters to you is getting deceant pay with horrible raises.and lots of last minute mandatory o.t. .making them billionaires at the expense of your family or personal time and health then uline is for you if not..then take my advice and run!
Pros
health bennefits
Cons
everythng else
If all you care about is money, knock yourself out (not worth it).
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 8, 2015
The managers talk down to you, the yearly raises are a joke and they will find any little thing to ding you on (even make it up) to keep you from getting the full raise. They have a decent starting wage and the profit sharing bonus is nice, I'll give them that. But you WILL NOT get promoted because they have such a high turnover rate that they can't replace you in a reasonable amount of time to let you change shifts or jobs. The Owners send e-mails with their political and religious views to all employees, with no regard as to making someone feel uncomfortable. Very Unprofessional. AND they are way behind the times on both warehouse technology and culture. The warehouse requires you to work 8-10 hours with only an hour lunch in place of the usual 15 minute brakes and 30 min. lunch. If you don't agree to this you are not being a team player and are looked down on and may not even get the job. They act like they are the best company ever and blame the employee who doesn't want to stay saying...."They just didn't hit the Uline Standard" when really they didn't want to put up with the Management arrogance.
Pros
Profit Sharing bonus.
Cons
Management / Owners
Family owned company with a odd dynamic of one person who makes all of the decisions.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about price negotiation, program management and vendor relationships. My typical day involved vendor communication, product sourcing and inventory review. My co-workers and I worked as a team with one goal in mind but managed separate vendors and accounts. Being a family owned company with not much room for growth, I felt as if I was hired for one position they felt I fit and there was never going to be opportunity for advancement. They offered no grooming type associate development to indicate that promotion was a possibility and very few people received any sort of promotion in my department in my close to 5 years there. For the first 4 years I had a manager who respected work/life balance and was supportive and offered personal development to his team. The last year I had a manager who had no respect for work/life balance and worked with his own goals and agenda in mind.
Pros
fitness center, on site cafeteria, healthcare, 401K match
Cons
dress code, expectations of hours worked, no room for development and promotion
Bad Management
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Some people say Uline is a great place to work at. I oppose to that. It is very strict and they treat there employees like garbage. I was one of them. I was a top dog performer which means my error percentage for sending items and quantity was amazing. I was paid less than other people and worked harder than most. However, I got Injured picking up heavy material there, missed some work, and lost my job. The managers there are terrible and do not know how to operate the equipment and most importantly, cant manage. They only work when the big boss is around instead of helping out everyday to get done faster. They sit around and talk about fantasy football and other sport trades that are supposed to happen. Furthermore, I learned that I was just a number at uline and I can be replaced. They used me in the transfer department to send the correct products to save them time however It was only beneficial to them since the lines I pick don't count towards my goal of achieving other awards. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a family or who wants to have a life outside of work.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
managers, no life.
Hitler-style environment
Warehouse Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 30, 2012
Spent 6 years here as a manager. Lead by fear of terminating employees and you will be fine here. Play favorites and go drinking with the boss and you will be fine here. Laugh at all his jokes too or else. Make sure your red and blues are ironed and clean like a military academy. Dont forget your belt or you will be sent home without pay and dont return without it. Not structured accountability, if you are not liked, you will be cast typed for the entire duration you work there. Only structured policy is attendance. Dont miss a clock in punch or you will be written up. Make sure your workstation or machine is spotless. Use windex to clean the keyboards with a cotton swab. Dont forget to get fired for something you had nothing to do with....
Pros
higher paid warehouse jobs around
Cons
see info posted below

Comment – January 14, 2013

"Hitler-style environment" I agree.... They don't care.

Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Pros
bonus program
Cons
management, hours
Solid company - the best in their respective indusry
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 11, 2014
Typical day of work consists of an early start around 6am for precall planning. 7 appointments a day with sales call notes, updates to the account, and quotations to be completed before the next day. Tuesday through Thursday are 15 hour days. Also end up working weekends to make up work that wasn't finished during the week.

Learned value consultative and solution selling.

Coworkers are great. Very nice and a family culture here. Staff is always willing to help.

Hardest part of job is finding time to finish work within the confinds of normal hours.

Best part of the job is the enjoyment of helping to make customers jobs easier.
Pros
support
Cons
long hours and lack of work/life balance. inflexible schedule.
The requirments are Ridiculous
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie,WIOctober 22, 2014
I am a African American women I have worked in Corporate facility for 14 years. I was laid off I worked in the call center for 3 years I was a team lead and did an excellent job. I received and MVP award for my team excellence and work ethics.

I am currently enrolled in school pursuing my dream job in Social Services helping people. I have applied at Uline numerous times only to be rejected.

They want you to have a Bachelor's Degree for Customer Service no one goes to school to receive a Bachelors' Degree to get a Customer Service job. I have been told by many people this company is racist I am really starting to believe they are. This is really sad this company looks over good hard working people.
competitive natured facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 17, 2014
a typical day at work was an everyday challenge to maintain your position. It taught me how to be a better worker by far, guaranteed on a slow day at uline you probably work harder then anywhere else. The management where significantly involved in our daily routines, often there when we had any questions or needed help. my co workers where mainly hard workers, seeing that if not your work definitely showed. The hardest part of the job really was based on your body, the work was simple after you learned the process. but sometimes running your body at 100% is tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job was your hard work didn't go unnoticed.
Pros
yearly christmas bonus $3000+
Cons
great benefits, workout facility
your race and the way you act
forklift (Former Employee) –  brieniville, paSeptember 7, 2014
If your ghetto and not white or act white! Your not getting in. Plenty of temps that they have are hard workers but don't get hired because of the ghetto look they have. I applied and I'm Hispanic. Got an interview and was the 6 person to have a high score out of 25 interviewers. Took a tour while they were interviewing me . I notice I didn't run into not one black or Hispanic . Interviewer seem like I was wasting her time , don't see why when I have 10 years in forklift and warehouse experience. Didn't understand why I wasn't hired ,but I def had the vibe that they wanted to keep ghetto and certain race out. Very sad!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
your race and act
Great company
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 13, 2014
The work is physical, but no more physical than most warehouse jobs. The benefits are excellent, the pay is good, and I definitely like getting the end of year profit sharing and performance bonuses. Not a lot of upward mobility. It's hard for employees to move into management, and they frequently hire outside management to place over managers that have been with the company for a while. I really like the company, and feel as though I'd be content to stay put if I believed that I had opportunities to advance going forward.
Pros
excellent benefits and good pay for industry
Cons
tough to advance within, they hire a lot of outside management
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Pros
bonuses and free items.
Cons
MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
You feel great before you get into work, then want to run out of the building at full throttle!
Web designer (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 5, 2012
Uline is a very successful company, but suffers from massive internal disorder. The culture there makes The Office look like a normal business. If you love stability and a place that appreciates talented people, then apply elsewhere. Also, beware of companies that make you take a multitude of tests just to get in the door...and then a multitude of tests when you interview. That's a sign of internal problems stemming from past lawsuits.//
Pros
beautiful corporate headquarters
Cons
crazy and full of people who don't know how to manage
Something weird is going on, seems Racist.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 14, 2014
I have applied several times, I have 13 years experience. I have won trips and made bonus monthly. I was laidoff. I wish I could block this company some how because their $25 an hour promotions has me still applying. I have now applied as a White woman to see if I get a call. Today I decided to read the comments and see that many others are feeling the same way as I am. Sad, on so many levels. I avoid small companys to avoid Racism but this company seems large. This world is a trip.
Pros
n/a
Cons
fustrating, missing out on excellent employees.....
Fast paced work environment! Never dull.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 20, 2014
If you're looking for a rush, this is the place to work! From when you step foot into the door until you go home, it is non stop work. It really makes the day fly by. Daily you will be answering phone calls, and processing emails.

Just when you think you've seen everything something new surprises you. Be on your toes at all times ready to go! Always something new to learn, always something to do.

Great work environment, great people.
Pros
occasional free catering, employee appreciation week
Cons
micro management
This company is crazy! Avoid at all costs!
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 7, 2014
This company has absolutely no respect for their employees in a "do it our way or hit the highway" state of business decision making paradyne. They have been successful only by browbeating their employees with the threat of layoffs and reductions in force. Almost reminds me of a sweatshop in the early 1900's. My recommendation: Don't bother...you will be sorry! The management is basically inept and inbred.
Cons
management style, repect for workers, human resources, mission statement, and operating conditions
Hard and fast paced working warehouse environment
General Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 17, 2013
At Uline the day would start with stretching and having the work assignments put out. After the morning meeting you would go straight to work. You did not move very much from your working environment. When I was packing I would stay at my station and pack boxes and place them on an assembly line to load into a truck. I also loaded trucks by hand and would stack them from top to bottom, and front to back of the trailers. I also used stock pickers, and reach trucks to pick items to be shipped.