Uline Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Uline

• The work is physical, but no more physical than most warehouse jobs
  • I didn't understand why I heard whispers about Uline being a CULT until the HORRIFIC experiences I had on a daily working there
  • Treated like a child
  • See more...
No work / family balance
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 8, 2015
Company is too strict.

There is obvious favoritism played by all mgmt at the company.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the events the company holds
Manpower temp
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 8, 2015
Great company, unfortunately they do not do temp to hire. The uline employees were always professional and goal oriented.
If all you care about is money, knock yourself out (not worth it).
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 8, 2015
The managers talk down to you, the yearly raises are a joke and they will find any little thing to ding you on (even make it up) to keep you from getting the full raise. They have a decent starting wage and the profit sharing bonus is nice, I'll give them that. But you WILL NOT get promoted because they have such a high turnover rate that they can't replace you in a reasonable amount of time to let you change shifts or jobs. The Owners send e-mails with their political and religious views to all employees, with no regard as to making someone feel uncomfortable. Very Unprofessional. AND they are way behind the times on both warehouse technology and culture. The warehouse requires you to work 8-10 hours with only an hour lunch in place of the usual 15 minute brakes and 30 min. lunch. If you don't agree to this you are not being a team player and are looked down on and may not even get the job. They act like they are the best company ever and blame the employee who doesn't want to stay saying...."They just didn't hit the Uline Standard" when really they didn't want to put up with the Management arrogance.
Pros
Profit Sharing bonus.
Cons
Management / Owners
unrealistic goals
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  waukegan ilJuly 4, 2015
a typical day was the whole day worked 8-10 hrs with a micro managed company. if you want to be hounded by 3-5 managers about the same thing in a matter of 5 min then work here.
very wonderful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 27, 2015
very wonderful, needs better safety management, overall a very well kept company, but the safety is not a concern of theirs.
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Pros
bonuses and free items.
Cons
MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
Uline
Re-Packaging (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 24, 2015
Great job good pay family owned business corporate building same schedule weekends off all in all a really easy job that anyone can do
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drive
Understanding and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 4, 2015
easy to get along with and communicate with both supervisors and other employees.
Very understanding of time off and provides great compensation.
everyone is very friendly and enjoyable to work with in the office.
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy or hard to understand customers.
Pros
very competitive salary, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons
short breaks.
Wonderful place to begin working.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2015
My first job out of school and really showed me what it took to get going. Beautiful facilities and work environment. Loved building a rapport with our many customers.
I was generous and gave them one star
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waukegan ilApril 8, 2015
If you honor your life stay away from this blood sucking corporation, I'm telling you this as a former employee, you are just a warm body, they don't care who you are, what you think or your personal life. Do yourself a favor and keep looking somewhere else, I was there , I'm not lying , run away
Worst Managed Company Award
Smart employee who quit General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 27, 2015
In all my years of working this is by far the worst managed company ever. Sure they're a million dollar business., the pay and benefits are good but at what cost? If you ever have to wake up in the morning and think what's the worst that can happen, then my friend you have thought of Uline. Management is poor, they talk to you like they are just way better than you, nobody has a back bone in that company cause every answer you get is, "that's what corporate said". If you have a good idea you can forget it. They don't care what you have to say, think, do, or feel unless it's the Uline way. Management told me Work was more important than family and it took me everything in my will to keep from cursing or punching him in the face. You aren't allowed to be sick cause if if you are it counts against your attendance, who cares that your lying in the hospital, you better well hit your production numbers no if's, and's or but's. God forbid if it snows and you can't leave your house due to ice, even though the schools in the area are shut down too, confirming its unsafe for kids to go to school, you better make sure u rent a snow sled and somehow make it to work. And if it snows 2 days in a row, now you're just being a belligerent employee and has nothing to do with the weather. Considering I'm in Texas and it never snows in Texas but when it does you better risk your life and get to work or its a hit against your attendance and not just 1 occurrence but 2 occurrences so now your almost half way to getting fired off one snow incident. They hire you with tattoos and don't say a word for  more... 10 months then all of a sudden your discriminated against to hide it whether or not it's your culture, cause we all know nobody in a warehouse environment never has tattoos. (Ha ha). Ridiculous rules. I get it, they have uniforms, but I don't see a customer all day long but I have to tuck my shirt in, wear a belt, and hide my tattoos cause somehow that affects my work performance.Some how the packages I pack or pick will let the customer that I will never interact with know,that this employee covered his tattoo, had his shirt tucked in and wore a belt and that will want them to order from Uline everyday. Not to mention none of their warehouses are climate controlled so when summer time comes around and it's hotter in the warehouse than outside, if that tattoo isn't covered up with a long sleeve shirt, well you're just a terrible, useless, no good, trouble making employee. If u even think of vacation you are a lazy, no good, dead piece of meat to Uline. Fortunately for me I got approved for 7 days of vacation, unfortunately for me I had to come to work in the middle of those 7 days (yes in the middle of my vacation) cause they thought since their stuff don't stink they can make you do that. So they approved me Monday-Thursday denied my Friday and made me come in then approved my Monday-Wednesday the next week and had the nerve to apologize that they hope they didn't ruin my vacation. Seriously? like I'm supposed to say it's ok, everybody loves coming in for one day in the middle of their vacation to go back on vacation the next week. The list goes on but I don't have enough muscles in my finger to type a never ending story, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be honest with you. Stay away from this company.  less
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Just think about it and there you have it
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
No job security but great company if you have opportunity to move up and advance
good pay benefits but run like a cult
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Office is micromanaged like a cult. raising hand for permission to go to the bathroom, followed to bathroom and timed, HR measuring skirts to make sure goes below knees.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
treated like a child
Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Pros
bonus program
Cons
management, hours
Good Place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Is a good job to work for ..I started as a temp and worked my way up the ladder. Enjoyed coming to work!!Bonus are great and they take care of their workers
Benefits make it worthwhile
Unclaimed Property Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2015
I looked over customer accounts and refunded appropriate customers.

Very stressful. Management is okay, but I was taught the wrong things. Everyone is very nice.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
stressful
Excellent compensation, busy schedule
Warehouse Stock-Picker (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 6, 2015
The company is micro-managed to a fault. Management values quantity over quality of shipments, leading to apathetic workers.

The work schedule is busy with 9 to 10 hour days, but they keep you busy enough that the time passes pretty quickly.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
long days
Bad Management
Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Some people say Uline is a great place to work at. I oppose to that. It is very strict and they treat there employees like garbage. I was one of them. I was a top dog performer which means my error percentage for sending items and quantity was amazing. I was paid less than other people and worked harder than most. However, I got Injured picking up heavy material there, missed some work, and lost my job. The managers there are terrible and do not know how to operate the equipment and most importantly, cant manage. They only work when the big boss is around instead of helping out everyday to get done faster. They sit around and talk about fantasy football and other sport trades that are supposed to happen. Furthermore, I learned that I was just a number at uline and I can be replaced. They used me in the transfer department to send the correct products to save them time however It was only beneficial to them since the lines I pick don't count towards my goal of achieving other awards. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a family or who wants to have a life outside of work.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
managers, no life.
Applicant for Sales Positionss
Sales applicant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines & MinneapolisNovember 22, 2014
I have applied at least three times to this organization and almost instantly get a reply of no interest. This makes me wonder if they discriminate against protected groups including age - and the not protected group of those who are unemployed.
I have been an enthusiastic user of their products, but will search alternatives in the future.
Something weird is going on, seems Racist.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 14, 2014
I have applied several times, I have 13 years experience. I have won trips and made bonus monthly. I was laidoff. I wish I could block this company some how because their $25 an hour promotions has me still applying. I have now applied as a White woman to see if I get a call. Today I decided to read the comments and see that many others are feeling the same way as I am. Sad, on so many levels. I avoid small companys to avoid Racism but this company seems large. This world is a trip.
Pros
n/a
Cons
fustrating, missing out on excellent employees.....

2.9