Uline

Uline Employer Reviews

Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
No job security but great company if you have opportunity to move up and advance
good pay benefits but run like a cult
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: treated like a child
Office is micromanaged like a cult. raising hand for permission to go to the bathroom, followed to bathroom and timed, HR measuring skirts to make sure goes below knees.
Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: bonus program
Cons: management, hours
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Good Place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Is a good job to work for ..I started as a temp and worked my way up the ladder. Enjoyed coming to work!!Bonus are great and they take care of their workers
Benefits make it worthwhile
Unclaimed Property Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: stressful
I looked over customer accounts and refunded appropriate customers.

Very stressful. Management is okay, but I was taught the wrong things. Everyone is very nice.
Excellent compensation, busy schedule
Warehouse Stock-Picker (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: long days
The company is micro-managed to a fault. Management values quantity over quality of shipments, leading to apathetic workers.

The work schedule is busy with 9 to 10 hour days, but they keep you busy enough that the time passes pretty quickly.
Bad Management
Picker Operator (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: managers, no life.
Some people say Uline is a great place to work at. I oppose to that. It is very strict and they treat there employees like garbage. I was one of them. I was a top dog performer which means my error percentage for sending items and quantity was amazing. I was paid less than other people and worked harder than most. However, I got Injured picking up heavy material there, missed some work, and lost my job. The managers there are terrible and do not know how to operate the equipment and most importantly, cant manage. They only work when the big boss is around instead of helping out everyday to get done faster. They sit around and talk about fantasy football and other sport trades that are supposed to happen. Furthermore, I learned that I was just a number at uline and I can be replaced. They used me in the transfer department to send the correct products to save them time however It was only beneficial to them since the lines I pick don't count towards my goal of achieving other awards. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a family or who wants to have a life outside of work.
Applicant for Sales Positionss
Sales applicant (Former Employee), Des Moines & MinneapolisNovember 22, 2014
I have applied at least three times to this organization and almost instantly get a reply of no interest. This makes me wonder if they discriminate against protected groups including age - and the not protected group of those who are unemployed.
I have been an enthusiastic user of their products, but will search alternatives in the future.
Something weird is going on, seems Racist.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: fustrating, missing out on excellent employees.....
I have applied several times, I have 13 years experience. I have won trips and made bonus monthly. I was laidoff. I wish I could block this company some how because their $25 an hour promotions has me still applying. I have now applied as a White woman to see if I get a call. Today I decided to read the comments and see that many others are feeling the same way as I am. Sad, on so many levels. I avoid small companys to avoid Racism but this company seems large. This world is a trip.
The requirments are Ridiculous
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie,WIOctober 22, 2014
I am a African American women I have worked in Corporate facility for 14 years. I was laid off I worked in the call center for 3 years I was a team lead and did an excellent job. I received and MVP award for my team excellence and work ethics.

I am currently enrolled in school pursuing my dream job in Social Services helping people. I have applied at Uline numerous times only to be rejected.

They want you to have a Bachelor's Degree for Customer Service no one goes to school to receive a Bachelors' Degree to get a Customer Service job. I have been told by many people this company is racist I am really starting to believe they are. This is really sad this company looks over good hard working people.
Hard to get job but a go company to work for. Great owners.
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta , GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, good work life balance
Cons: management team, micro manage way too much.
Micro Manage way too Much and have a VERY hard time telling an employee that you are doing a good job, always telling you that you need to try this, change this, do this, etc....
Strict work environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: paid by the hour and no issues with over time.
Cons: paid when you were logged into your phone.
Logged into a call center that had an alarm go off if calls were not being answered
They don't care about their applicants,they play Very tough,rude people
Outside sales or ware house associate . (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
I have never worked for this company ,however I have been applying so many times for different positions starting with out side sales, then as my last attempt,for a warehouse associate, and I am turned down all the time, why? I don't know, don't understand cause they never tell me nothing about it, I am a bilingual in Spanish business developer with 4 years of college in my country ( colombia ) not related to the jobs I have applied for, but I need to work, I need to pay my bills, with a very clean background and driving record, with more than 10 years of experience in the field of sales, however these guys at ULINE are very unprofessional , they don't care about you, about your applications, about the importance of giving a short and courteous response to all the applicants and maybe a brief explanation about the reason they found for disqualifying you from any type of job at that company.
If they are not hiring, that is understandable, but why they keep on running those jib ads all year around on all the major internet sites like career builder, indeed, monster, etc...why?
Some companies like this one are taking advantage of the actual crisis in usa to play their own games very dirty with no scrupulous at all, they are mean people, please avoid them, don't apply there, it tells a lot about the lack of people skills from those peers working there in the recruiting department...
That sucks....they should treat all the applicants with respect and professionalism...
competitive natured facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: yearly christmas bonus $3000+
Cons: great benefits, workout facility
a typical day at work was an everyday challenge to maintain your position. It taught me how to be a better worker by far, guaranteed on a slow day at uline you probably work harder then anywhere else. The management where significantly involved in our daily routines, often there when we had any questions or needed help. my co workers where mainly hard workers, seeing that if not your work definitely showed. The hardest part of the job really was based on your body, the work was simple after you learned the process. but sometimes running your body at 100% is tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job was your hard work didn't go unnoticed.
your race and the way you act
forklift (Former Employee), brieniville, paSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: your race and act
If your ghetto and not white or act white! Your not getting in. Plenty of temps that they have are hard workers but don't get hired because of the ghetto look they have. I applied and I'm Hispanic. Got an interview and was the 6 person to have a high score out of 25 interviewers. Took a tour while they were interviewing me . I notice I didn't run into not one black or Hispanic . Interviewer seem like I was wasting her time , don't see why when I have 10 years in forklift and warehouse experience. Didn't understand why I wasn't hired ,but I def had the vibe that they wanted to keep ghetto and certain race out. Very sad!!
Productive and meticulous work place.
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: time seems to go by quick, company does alot for it's employees
Cons: exhausted when coming back home
self motivating job that requires effort and hard work. learned how to operate a picking machine.
Excellent employer with great benefits and strong culture.
Executive Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 20, 2014
Uline is a fast-growing company that offers competitive wages, incentives and advancement. Rigourous interviewing ensures only well-qualified candidates are hired.
Fast paced work environment! Never dull.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buford, GAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: occasional free catering, employee appreciation week
Cons: micro management
If you're looking for a rush, this is the place to work! From when you step foot into the door until you go home, it is non stop work. It really makes the day fly by. Daily you will be answering phone calls, and processing emails.

Just when you think you've seen everything something new surprises you. Be on your toes at all times ready to go! Always something new to learn, always something to do.

Great work environment, great people.
Professional work environtment.
Quotes/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
A typical day at Uline is answering phone calls and placing orders in a timely manner. Providing quotes in a fast manner and mainting a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
Cult like
forklift (Former Employee), wisconsinAugust 9, 2014
Cons: cult like
Don't apply here if you are over 40 Not sure what they are looking for but they sure pass up on some really good people..

1 2 3

About Uline

ULINE was founded in 1980 by Dick and Liz Uihlein in the basement of their home. Today, the company has grown to over 2,300 employees – Read more