Uline

Uline Employee Reviews

very wonderful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJune 27, 2015
very wonderful, needs better safety management, overall a very well kept company, but the safety is not a concern of theirs.
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: bonuses and free items.
Cons: MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Uline
Re-Packaging (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 24, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long drive
Great job good pay family owned business corporate building same schedule weekends off all in all a really easy job that anyone can do
Understanding and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAMay 4, 2015
Pros: very competitive salary, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons: short breaks.
easy to get along with and communicate with both supervisors and other employees.
Very understanding of time off and provides great compensation.
everyone is very friendly and enjoyable to work with in the office.
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy or hard to understand customers.
Wonderful place to begin working.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2015
My first job out of school and really showed me what it took to get going. Beautiful facilities and work environment. Loved building a rapport with our many customers.
I was generous and gave them one star
Warehouse (Former Employee), Waukegan ilApril 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: All
If you honor your life stay away from this blood sucking corporation, I'm telling you this as a former employee, you are just a warm body, they don't care who you are, what you think or your personal life. Do yourself a favor and keep looking somewhere else, I was there , I'm not lying , run away
Worst Managed Company Award
Smart employee who quit General Warehouse (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Pay and Benefits
Cons: Just think about it and there you have it
In all my years of working this is by far the worst managed company ever. Sure they're a million dollar business., the pay and benefits are good but at what cost? If you ever have to wake up in the morning and think what's the worst that can happen, then my friend you have thought of Uline. Management is poor, they talk to you like they are just way better than you, nobody has a back bone in that company – more... cause every answer you get is, "that's what corporate said". If you have a good idea you can forget it. They don't care what you have to say, think, do, or feel unless it's the Uline way. Management told me Work was more important than family and it took me everything in my will to keep from cursing or punching him in the face. You aren't allowed to be sick cause if if you are it counts against your attendance, who cares that your lying in the hospital, you better well hit your production numbers no if's, and's or but's. God forbid if it snows and you can't leave your house due to ice, even though the schools in the area are shut down too, confirming its unsafe for kids to go to school, you better make sure u rent a snow sled and somehow make it to work. And if it snows 2 days in a row, now you're just being a belligerent employee and has nothing to do with the weather. Considering I'm in Texas and it never snows in Texas but when it does you better risk your life and get to work or its a hit against your attendance and not just 1 occurrence but 2 occurrences so now your almost half way to getting fired off one snow incident. They hire you with tattoos and don't say a word for 10 months then all of a sudden your discriminated against to hide it whether or not it's your culture, cause we all know nobody in a warehouse environment never has tattoos. (Ha ha). Ridiculous rules. I get it, they have uniforms, but I don't see a customer all day long but I have to tuck my shirt in, wear a belt, and hide my tattoos cause somehow that affects my work performance.Some how the packages I pack or pick will let the customer that I will never interact with know,that this employee covered his tattoo, had his shirt tucked in and wore a belt and that will want them to order from Uline everyday. Not to mention none of their warehouses are climate controlled so when summer time comes around and it's hotter in the warehouse than outside, if that tattoo isn't covered up with a long sleeve shirt, well you're just a terrible, useless, no good, trouble making employee. If u even think of vacation you are a lazy, no good, dead piece of meat to Uline. Fortunately for me I got approved for 7 days of vacation, unfortunately for me I had to come to work in the middle of those 7 days (yes in the middle of my vacation) cause they thought since their stuff don't stink they can make you do that. So they approved me Monday-Thursday denied my Friday and made me come in then approved my Monday-Wednesday the next week and had the nerve to apologize that they hope they didn't ruin my vacation. Seriously? like I'm supposed to say it's ok, everybody loves coming in for one day in the middle of their vacation to go back on vacation the next week. The list goes on but I don't have enough muscles in my finger to type a never ending story, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be honest with you. Stay away from this company. – less
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
No job security but great company if you have opportunity to move up and advance
good pay benefits but run like a cult
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: treated like a child
Office is micromanaged like a cult. raising hand for permission to go to the bathroom, followed to bathroom and timed, HR measuring skirts to make sure goes below knees.
Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: bonus program
Cons: management, hours
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Good Place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Is a good job to work for ..I started as a temp and worked my way up the ladder. Enjoyed coming to work!!Bonus are great and they take care of their workers
Benefits make it worthwhile
Unclaimed Property Analyst (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay is good
Cons: stressful
I looked over customer accounts and refunded appropriate customers.

Very stressful. Management is okay, but I was taught the wrong things. Everyone is very nice.
Excellent compensation, busy schedule
Warehouse Stock-Picker (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers
Cons: long days
The company is micro-managed to a fault. Management values quantity over quality of shipments, leading to apathetic workers.

The work schedule is busy with 9 to 10 hour days, but they keep you busy enough that the time passes pretty quickly.
Bad Management
Picker Operator (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: managers, no life.
Some people say Uline is a great place to work at. I oppose to that. It is very strict and they treat there employees like garbage. I was one of them. I was a top dog performer which means my error percentage for sending items and quantity was amazing. I was paid less than other people and worked harder than most. However, I got Injured picking up heavy material there, missed some work, and lost my – more... job. The managers there are terrible and do not know how to operate the equipment and most importantly, cant manage. They only work when the big boss is around instead of helping out everyday to get done faster. They sit around and talk about fantasy football and other sport trades that are supposed to happen. Furthermore, I learned that I was just a number at uline and I can be replaced. They used me in the transfer department to send the correct products to save them time however It was only beneficial to them since the lines I pick don't count towards my goal of achieving other awards. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a family or who wants to have a life outside of work. – less
Applicant for Sales Positionss
Sales applicant (Former Employee), Des Moines & MinneapolisNovember 22, 2014
I have applied at least three times to this organization and almost instantly get a reply of no interest. This makes me wonder if they discriminate against protected groups including age - and the not protected group of those who are unemployed.
I have been an enthusiastic user of their products, but will search alternatives in the future.
Something weird is going on, seems Racist.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: fustrating, missing out on excellent employees.....
I have applied several times, I have 13 years experience. I have won trips and made bonus monthly. I was laidoff. I wish I could block this company some how because their $25 an hour promotions has me still applying. I have now applied as a White woman to see if I get a call. Today I decided to read the comments and see that many others are feeling the same way as I am. Sad, on so many levels. I avoid small companys to avoid Racism but this company seems large. This world is a trip.
The requirments are Ridiculous
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie,WIOctober 22, 2014
I am a African American women I have worked in Corporate facility for 14 years. I was laid off I worked in the call center for 3 years I was a team lead and did an excellent job. I received and MVP award for my team excellence and work ethics.

I am currently enrolled in school pursuing my dream job in Social Services helping people. I have applied at Uline numerous times only to be rejected.

They want you to have a Bachelor's Degree for Customer Service no one goes to school to receive a Bachelors' Degree to get a Customer Service job. I have been told by many people this company is racist I am really starting to believe they are. This is really sad this company looks over good hard working people.
Hard to get job but a go company to work for. Great owners.
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta , GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great pay, good work life balance
Cons: management team, micro manage way too much.
Micro Manage way too Much and have a VERY hard time telling an employee that you are doing a good job, always telling you that you need to try this, change this, do this, etc....
Strict work environment
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: paid by the hour and no issues with over time.
Cons: paid when you were logged into your phone.
Logged into a call center that had an alarm go off if calls were not being answered
They don't care about their applicants,they play Very tough,rude people
Outside sales or ware house associate . (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: everything.
I have never worked for this company ,however I have been applying so many times for different positions starting with out side sales, then as my last attempt,for a warehouse associate, and I am turned down all the time, why? I don't know, don't understand cause they never tell me nothing about it, I am a bilingual in Spanish business developer with 4 years of college in my country ( colombia ) not – more... related to the jobs I have applied for, but I need to work, I need to pay my bills, with a very clean background and driving record, with more than 10 years of experience in the field of sales, however these guys at ULINE are very unprofessional , they don't care about you, about your applications, about the importance of giving a short and courteous response to all the applicants and maybe a brief explanation about the reason they found for disqualifying you from any type of job at that company.
If they are not hiring, that is understandable, but why they keep on running those jib ads all year around on all the major internet sites like career builder, indeed, monster, etc...why?
Some companies like this one are taking advantage of the actual crisis in usa to play their own games very dirty with no scrupulous at all, they are mean people, please avoid them, don't apply there, it tells a lot about the lack of people skills from those peers working there in the recruiting department...
That sucks....they should treat all the applicants with respect and professionalism... – less

1 2 3

About Uline

In 1980, after recognizing a local need for a shipping supply distributor, Liz and Dick Uihlein started Uline from their basement. – Read more

Uline Salaries