Uline Employee Reviews

Good and Bad
General Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAOctober 15, 2017
Uline as a company is amazing. However, my branch seems to provide "easy streets" for those who are friends with the higher ups. If you are ok playing politics, then this will not be a problem.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Plenty of overtime available
Cons
Too much politics
fast paced and results driven
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 14, 2017
eight hour days with up to 2 hours of OT when busy. New hires are 10:30am to 7pm. The company has it's own culture which can be stressful. Most managers are cool.Working in shipping containers is the hard part. A lot of good people to work with.
Fast paced, Exciting Career
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 28, 2017
This was a great place to work and if we didn't have to move fro family reasons we would probably still be there. The people were fun, energetic, always had a positive attitude and benefits were great. Definitely room for advancement.
Best of luck
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2017
Uline is a tough place to work. It is extremely micro managed. There is no room for advancement unless they hired you for the position. They interview a lot with no intent to hire to keep their numbers up so don't get down if they don't take you.
Pros
not a ton
Cons
pretty many
stressful environment with poor work/life balance
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 15, 2017
mandatory overtime every day, must work holidays, and stressful environment. Management poor, with a corporate with no morals, integrity, or honesty. Dont work here unless you want 10+hr days and a fast paced environment that stresses metrics. Its all about the numbers
Pros
good benefits, decent pay
Cons
mandatory OT daily. Very poor work/life balance, biased management
Productive and fast paced
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PASeptember 13, 2017
Uline was a great place to work. I loved the bonus packages they provided, they always were generous and came around the holidays, when they were appreciated the most.
Pros
Good pay, bonuses
Cons
Not much room for advancment
Coworkers are great, expectations are way too high.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 8, 2017
I was actually really liking this job, it was hard and you came home tired but it was fine because the pay is very reasonable. Then they started hiring more people and I would start to get less work, it was enough of a decrease to the point were I couldn't make are expected numbers, even when taking orders from others you still fell behind. This went on for about 2 weeks and then work started to pick back up and I started to hit again but upstairs is too worried about those 2 weeks where I struggled and tell me I'm too inconsistent and they will have to let me go. I was working so hard those past weeks that I was taking my 1hr lunch to try to catch up, there was nothing I could do and I felt like they didn't even bother looking at the floor and how empty some stations were.
Pros
Hard work, good pay, 1hr lunch
Cons
Only care about numbers and don't see us get starved of work
Very bad energy in this work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  8900 n 55th street milwaukee wisSeptember 7, 2017
I started this job knowing it was a high turn over rate but time moved quickly and im still working there being stressed out to the max almost every day. There is so much gossip in this place and management is barely none the human resource is the only person to talk to that will get something done would not send no one there.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Full of drama
If you are into competition this is the place for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 6, 2017
To much micro management. Stress start catching up with you when the metrics are not met. A lot of activities for the employees and rewards if you are someone's pet.
Pros
Excellent bonus
Cons
Stress to reach metrics
Better work ethic than my manager
Print and Mail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 5, 2017
Loved working for Uline until I was transitioned to a manager who didn't want to work too hard or share their expertise. She would rather let me fail than show or teach me the right way to do my job.
Terrible placs to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 31, 2017
No work/home life balance. Hr and management cover up death treats and dicrimination ,but will fire employees for any little thing. Management will even threaten you with termination for having resumes on career builder or indeed
Official response from Uline
September 7, 2017

The safety of our employees is our main concern; we will always report any unlawful activity to the proper authorities. Uline takes every employee complaint seriously. Investigations and disciplinary actions are conducted in a confidential setting and results are not published or discussed with anyone outside of those involved.

Uline strives to be an employer of choice in the DFW area. We work hard and we reward hard work. This is evident by our robust benefits, employee appreciation events and bonus offerings.

Productive workplace
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 29, 2017
Uline is a great company to work with . Their work culture is great.Management is very proactive . I am currently working with Uline as a contractor where i am contributing as a Sr Consultant.
Happy at Uline
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 22, 2017
The culture is not for everyone, but if you can find your niche you will be very happy. I look forward to coming to work every day.

They can be micromanaging, but if you can recognize the bigger picture, you can learn from your mistakes and move on.

Uline definitely takes care of the employees that put the effort in. That being said, advancement is a slow process, but rewarding if you are willing to make a longer term commitment. They are not title driven, but they have cross training opportunities to develop skills and make you more marketable in the future.

The benefits are unparalleled, the bonuses are outstanding, and the managers are willing to work with you if you approach them about any issues in a mature and adult way.

The only real complaint I have is their inflexibility with scheduling/working from home.

Overall, Uline is a phenomenal place to work. I am very blessed.
Pros
Bonus program, tuition reimbursement, CLEAN facilities
Cons
Strict schedules/attendance
I love working at Uline
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 15, 2017
I have been working here for a little over a year. I was very nervous starting here because I had made a career change, and I'm in my late 30s. The only regret I have is that I didn't do this sooner. This is a great place to work. My coworkers are amazing and management is approachable and always willing to help.

I ran a very busy office in my previous job, so it was hard for me to "start over" somewhere else. The training here is top notch. They give all new reps the tools they need to succeed and are with you every step of the way. My team lead is amazing and continued where the trainers left off. In the little time that I have been here, I have been moving up and learning new functions. So there is opportunity to move and learn and grow.

I have had bad jobs in my life, and this is definitely not one of them. They have family activities for our families and really make me feel like I'm not just a number and that all us "little people" really matter. They go out of their way to make sure we feel appreciated. I actually don't mind getting up and coming into work every day and I don't mind working over time. How many people can say that????

Hands down, this is the best employer I have ever had, and unless they make me leave, I'm not going anywhere!
Pros
great work environment, amazing coworkers and management, opportunity to move up, bonuses, employees are appreciated
Cons
There are no cons to working here, and that's the honest truth.
Exhausting
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 11, 2017
All they care about is if the company hit the production standards no matter how tired you are. They don't care about your well being. They will yell at you all day for getting a wrong item error and if you don't hit a production number. Management always complains about the long nights but when it's busy they will walk around judging employees. Don't work here is all I have to say...
Pros
Money
Cons
Anything and everything else
Great Company to Work For!
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 9, 2017
Uline has and will continue to have strong sales growth.

Great starting pay, great year end bonuses, good work / life balance, the managers at the branch care about their employees, great and affordable benefits package.

The branch has many fun events throughout the year: Six Flags Day, random cookouts, Christmas Party, ect.
Fabulous company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MexicoAugust 8, 2017
A strict work environment , not for everyone.
But a great company with exceptional continuous growth, under great leadership

They are perfectionists, so they expect the best every moment you are working there.

The pay is above average and so are the fringe benefits. They have profit sharing. And generous bonusses based on overall company growth.

I highly encourage anyone who is hard working, organized, and disciplined to eork for Uline.
Pros
Read above
Cons
Read above
Best Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIAugust 7, 2017
If you are looking for a fast paced, detail orientated, family run company than Uline is the place for you!
Great People, great benefits and pay, clean environment.
Pros
co workers, pay, benefits
Cons
dress code
Watch out
LEAD CUSTOMER Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 5, 2017
Good company highly micromanaged.No career growth within the branches. Weird idol worship of President quite annoying. Verbal write-ups count against you especially when rare promotions come up. Employee relations is Zero. HR is against workers not for them.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, Bonus, Gym at work, constant incentives
Cons
No potential for growth. Too many managers doing nothing.
Best Place to Work in the Lehigh Valley
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 4, 2017
My team mates are awesome, you will make some of your best friends here! We all do very well with meeting metrics- but we definitely support each other and help if someone struggles.
We laugh a lot, we work pretty hard and we do lots of things to keep it fun. If you are the kind of person who is friendly, competitive and a team player, you will do extremely well for yourself here.
Pros
Great for people finishing school and looking for a job to start their career, Also a great fit for established and skilled CS Reps looking for a long-term career with one company, Excellent pay, really good benefits, flexible work hours
Cons
They treat Customer Service super well-if you start with a later schedule, you will usually get an earlier one when the next training class hits the floor, Don't let a few months of mid-shift keep you from applying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8