Uline Employee Reviews

Lots of extras and lots of hours.
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 30, 2016
Provide employees with lots of extra gifts. Shirts, lunches, outings. More gifts them I have ever had. You are always treated like you are impotent to the success on the company.
To much overtime. 10 to 9 hour days. Hard to get approved for a day off. Productive and quality standers are tough, leaving you to often feel like you will not be able to keep up.
Great profit sharing bonus. Plus personal bonus. Pays very well.
micro manage???
slave (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 6, 2016
these people don't manage anything. they are told what to do by the owners who are a bunch of yuppies. the only thing that's micro is their personalities. if you are in need of a job and get hired, suck at everything you do that way not much is expected out of you. you'll have more success selling glasses to a blind man than pleasing these people.
Pros
mile walk to work. literally it's a mile from where you park
Cons
the owners are cons
Very big place to work at but fun
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 5, 2016
There is a lot of walking involved if you are not on a forklift, which is healthy. Also is a very big place to work at because there is a lot of room and you don't feel trapped.
Pros
1 hour lunch, good pay, walking
Cons
sometimes there is heavy work but not all the time
Productive but very micromanaged
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 20, 2016
I manage a territory of over 500 accounts and have grown the area 7% year to date. I have learned how to identified a productive account and establish new accounts. I have converted 50% of the cold calls I visited.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Micromanagement and growth opportunity.
Micro management at its finest
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 12, 2016
Like every job it has its ups and downs. the pay is decent but what gets everyone is the bonus. its nice. but throughout the year you are only getting 40 hour checks. overtime is offered on the weekends but you are so drained through the week, your time off is way more valuable. the management team sucks. they make unrealistic goals in which they control the outcome. they have their favorites and if you're not one of them its literally survival of the fittest (who can kiss butt the best). every minute of the day you are being watched. the morale of the company is very low. many of the managers are unapproachable. they do have a fitness center, that was pretty cool. the raises suck. when I applied here it was a "grass is greener on the other side" situation. I was unhappy at my old job and thought I was going into a better situation. boy was I wrong.
Uline is not in line
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2016
I worked for this company and they discriminated against me for being a Veteran and constantly harassed me for being one. The management did not back me so I left the scum bag outfit.
Micro management
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 6, 2016
Run unless you love being talked down to like a five year old. If you love being hounded nonstop for ten hours and given a thousand pieces of paperwork for doing one thing then this is for you. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE SIMPLY IDIOTIC RUN COMPANY IN MY LIFE. Every 20 year old with a title thinks they have the big balls and want to enforce every little line of every piece of paper LITERALLY EVERY LINE AND SPACE OF EVERY PIECE OF PAPER. Run for the hills
Pros
An hour lunch
Very Traditional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2016
Uline is excellent regarding employee benefits. The pay is okay, there are yearly bonuses which are not heard of anymore. They also provide health and 401k. Overall, the employees are smart, hard working individuals as well.

Where the company falls short however is in its culture. Micromanaging is inevitable, very strict guidelines and metrics. You feel like you're going to be fired at any moment.

If you are young, and want a job that has benefits as well as a good culture, this is not the place. Uline is more for the introverted, followers who don't want to think for themselves.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Micromanagement
Good for experience, bad for career
Loader/Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2016
I started as a packer, became a picker, ended as a a loader. Every position involved is stressful. The more you do, the more they expect at the same pay rate. And only the ones they befriend move up. Luckily I was liked but i saw many employees get mistreated. Loading was the toughest job I EVER had. They had me working in a trailer sometimes in 135 degree heat, by myself, loading up to 900 boxes per hour, the majority weighing 50-80 lbs. I lasted 1.5 years, seen many get injured or just quitting before they do. And when I complained that i needed a third person, they just told me that I did it last year so it shouldn't be a problem, even though they're using guys like disposable razors. Not to mention, they had access to coolers but they refused to pull them out because it was "too much work" until corporate witnessed the conditions I was working in and made them bring them out, and even then they only brought the heat down to 110 degrees. I think they chose the color red because Hitler loved that color. Glad to be done here.
Pros
xmas bonus
Cons
everything else
great company but no room to grow
Web Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 15, 2016
Great company good benefits but no room to grow. Not a challenging role and work gets to be mundane. Looking for a more challenging role to develop skills and grows within the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little time off and no room to grow
Very corporate atmosphere
Credit Assistant Trainer/Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 11, 2016
The company is a great company to work for and has great benefits. I learned while working my way up that work and personal relationships need to be kept separate. The management style at this company is very hands on and may be hard for some to get used to. Working for Uline has made me a very hard working and passionate individual. I believe that this company has taught me several core values that will stick with me forever. The department I was in was a very small and personable department. There were several outings and potlucks to bring the group together.
Great Company
Quotes Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 14, 2016
The quotes management is the best that I have been around. Always there to help and support you through whatever it is that you need.
good pay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2016
from what I have seen it is the highest paying job out there. some days the work can be back breaking and others its a coasting. The pay makes up for the hard days that you leave sore.
Very strict environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
Great training, but long.
Benefits are okay and a day in the field can be fun.
Long work hours and lots of admin work each night.
Pros
Great pay and bonus
Cons
Not much vacation time (16 days only), no sick days, long work hours
Good benefits/Poor employee recognition
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 7, 2015
This company pays well and gives good bonuses and will work out well for you if you can check your brain at the door. They do not like suggestions to making their processes better. They love it if you watch other employees and catch them breaking the rules and report this. If you're a good snitch you will go far. If you're a hard worker and mind your own business you will never be promoted or recognized for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor treatment by management
Great benefits and good place to jump start career.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 27, 2015
Great place to jump start a professional career and gain experience. A lot of micro management throughout the day; however, great group of people to work with.
Pros
Amazing benefits and profit sharing is the best part.
Cons
Micro-management, not much room for advancement.
Good benefits, but thats where it stops
Packer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 20, 2016
Lets start with the first thing, if you ever think you are going to be sick do not work here. You will be scolded for calling in sick, and will be blamed for everyone working overtime for the day you called in.

Management is another joke, they look down on you like you are a 2 year old. Give you an attitude when you are trying to learn the job. Micromanaged by 6-7 different leads and managers. Half the time they are no where to be found, or won't give you the time of day.

Typical day consisted of a team meeting, stretches, then straight to work til lunch at 1, get back at 2 then pack until done. No breaks at all for 5-7 hours after lunch. The hours seem good to start with, until you realize that there is no time to get errands done during the week. 10:30-7 or later, eats up the whole day.

Also, if you have any dreams of doing more then packing boxes, forget about it, there were so many new packers the wait time to get to the next position was unreal, and that is if you are even considered in the first place.

It took me 4 years of applying to this company to get hired. I wish I would of stopped knowing what I do now. Save your time and go somewhere else and be happy with life. I spent everyday going in asking myself if I was going to be fired, job security is non existent.
Pros
hour lunch, great benefits
Cons
management, work/life balance
Good but monotonous
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 14, 2016
The company has great Co-Worker and good management. The work is monotonous but some seem to enjoy it. Lots of overtime opportunities and great benefits.
Great job, good opportunities
Warehouse Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits. Really good opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 1, 2015
It was a good place to work but to much to do just for a two man job. There were days where it was to busy to load the trucks in a well organized way
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for 2 people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9