Uline Employee Reviews

Great job, good opportunities
Warehouse Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits. Really good opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Revolving door
confidential (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Keep seeing the same jobs posted over and over again---turnover really high. Crazy "Drink-the-Kool-Aid" culture. not a happy place--lol!
Good benefits/Poor employee recognition
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 7, 2015
This company pays well and gives good bonuses and will work out well for you if you can check your brain at the door. They do not like suggestions to making their processes better. They love it if you watch other employees and catch them breaking the rules and report this. If you're a good snitch you will go far. If you're a hard worker and mind your own business you will never be promoted or recognized for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor treatment by management
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 1, 2015
It was a good place to work but to much to do just for a two man job. There were days where it was to busy to load the trucks in a well organized way
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for 2 people
Great benefits and good place to jump start career.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 27, 2015
Great place to jump start a professional career and gain experience. A lot of micro management throughout the day; however, great group of people to work with.
Pros
Amazing benefits and profit sharing is the best part.
Cons
Micro-management, not much room for advancement.
hardworking, motivated, quick learner
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 1, 2015
good place to work for, very originated company. I learned a lot from this company everyone was friendly. A typical day was high volume in calls, fast pace environment.
Family owned company with a odd dynamic of one person who makes all of the decisions.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about price negotiation, program management and vendor relationships. My typical day involved vendor communication, product sourcing and inventory review. My co-workers and I worked as a team with one goal in mind but managed separate vendors and accounts. Being a family owned company with not much room for growth, I felt as if I was hired for one position they felt I fit and there was never going to be opportunity for advancement. They offered no grooming type associate development to indicate that promotion was a possibility and very few people received any sort of promotion in my department in my close to 5 years there. For the first 4 years I had a manager who respected work/life balance and was supportive and offered personal development to his team. The last year I had a manager who had no respect for work/life balance and worked with his own goals and agenda in mind.
Pros
fitness center, on site cafeteria, healthcare, 401K match
Cons
dress code, expectations of hours worked, no room for development and promotion
No work / family balance
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 8, 2015
Company is too strict.

There is obvious favoritism played by all mgmt at the company.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the events the company holds
Manpower temp
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 8, 2015
Great company, unfortunately they do not do temp to hire. The uline employees were always professional and goal oriented.
If all you care about is money, knock yourself out (not worth it).
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 8, 2015
The managers talk down to you, the yearly raises are a joke and they will find any little thing to ding you on (even make it up) to keep you from getting the full raise. They have a decent starting wage and the profit sharing bonus is nice, I'll give them that. But you WILL NOT get promoted because they have such a high turnover rate that they can't replace you in a reasonable amount of time to let you change shifts or jobs. The Owners send e-mails with their political and religious views to all employees, with no regard as to making someone feel uncomfortable. Very Unprofessional. AND they are way behind the times on both warehouse technology and culture. The warehouse requires you to work 8-10 hours with only an hour lunch in place of the usual 15 minute brakes and 30 min. lunch. If you don't agree to this you are not being a team player and are looked down on and may not even get the job. They act like they are the best company ever and blame the employee who doesn't want to stay saying...."They just didn't hit the Uline Standard" when really they didn't want to put up with the Management arrogance.
Pros
Profit Sharing bonus.
Cons
Management / Owners
unrealistic goals
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  waukegan ilJuly 4, 2015
a typical day was the whole day worked 8-10 hrs with a micro managed company. if you want to be hounded by 3-5 managers about the same thing in a matter of 5 min then work here.
very wonderful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 27, 2015
very wonderful, needs better safety management, overall a very well kept company, but the safety is not a concern of theirs.
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Pros
bonuses and free items.
Cons
MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
Uline
Re-Packaging (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 24, 2015
Great job good pay family owned business corporate building same schedule weekends off all in all a really easy job that anyone can do
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drive
Understanding and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 4, 2015
easy to get along with and communicate with both supervisors and other employees.
Very understanding of time off and provides great compensation.
everyone is very friendly and enjoyable to work with in the office.
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy or hard to understand customers.
Pros
very competitive salary, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons
short breaks.
Wonderful place to begin working.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 27, 2015
My first job out of school and really showed me what it took to get going. Beautiful facilities and work environment. Loved building a rapport with our many customers.
I was generous and gave them one star
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Waukegan ilApril 8, 2015
If you honor your life stay away from this blood sucking corporation, I'm telling you this as a former employee, you are just a warm body, they don't care who you are, what you think or your personal life. Do yourself a favor and keep looking somewhere else, I was there , I'm not lying , run away
Worst Managed Company Award
Smart employee who quit General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 27, 2015
In all my years of working this is by far the worst managed company ever. Sure they're a million dollar business., the pay and benefits are good but at what cost? If you ever have to wake up in the morning and think what's the worst that can happen, then my friend you have thought of Uline. Management is poor, they talk to you like they are just way better than you, nobody has a back bone in that company cause every answer you get is, "that's what corporate said". If you have a good idea you can forget it. They don't care what you have to say, think, do, or feel unless it's the Uline way. Management told me Work was more important than family and it took me everything in my will to keep from cursing or punching him in the face. You aren't allowed to be sick cause if if you are it counts against your attendance, who cares that your lying in the hospital, you better well hit your production numbers no if's, and's or but's. God forbid if it snows and you can't leave your house due to ice, even though the schools in the area are shut down too, confirming its unsafe for kids to go to school, you better make sure u rent a snow sled and somehow make it to work. And if it snows 2 days in a row, now you're just being a belligerent employee and has nothing to do with the weather. Considering I'm in Texas and it never snows in Texas but when it does you better risk your life and get to work or its a hit against your attendance and not just 1 occurrence but 2 occurrences so now your almost half way to getting fired off one snow incident. They hire you with tattoos and don't say a word for  more... 10 months then all of a sudden your discriminated against to hide it whether or not it's your culture, cause we all know nobody in a warehouse environment never has tattoos. (Ha ha). Ridiculous rules. I get it, they have uniforms, but I don't see a customer all day long but I have to tuck my shirt in, wear a belt, and hide my tattoos cause somehow that affects my work performance.Some how the packages I pack or pick will let the customer that I will never interact with know,that this employee covered his tattoo, had his shirt tucked in and wore a belt and that will want them to order from Uline everyday. Not to mention none of their warehouses are climate controlled so when summer time comes around and it's hotter in the warehouse than outside, if that tattoo isn't covered up with a long sleeve shirt, well you're just a terrible, useless, no good, trouble making employee. If u even think of vacation you are a lazy, no good, dead piece of meat to Uline. Fortunately for me I got approved for 7 days of vacation, unfortunately for me I had to come to work in the middle of those 7 days (yes in the middle of my vacation) cause they thought since their stuff don't stink they can make you do that. So they approved me Monday-Thursday denied my Friday and made me come in then approved my Monday-Wednesday the next week and had the nerve to apologize that they hope they didn't ruin my vacation. Seriously? like I'm supposed to say it's ok, everybody loves coming in for one day in the middle of their vacation to go back on vacation the next week. The list goes on but I don't have enough muscles in my finger to type a never ending story, but feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be honest with you. Stay away from this company.  less
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Just think about it and there you have it
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
No job security but great company if you have opportunity to move up and advance
good pay benefits but run like a cult
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Office is micromanaged like a cult. raising hand for permission to go to the bathroom, followed to bathroom and timed, HR measuring skirts to make sure goes below knees.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
treated like a child