Uline Employee Reviews

friendly work environment
UPS Packer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 18, 2017
All employees are very friendly, work hours vary on a day to day basis. The company treats its employees well but doesn't encourage individuals suggestions. A lot of micro managing from supervisors on a daily basis. Must keep errors low and allow for ones that customers claimed that may or may not be true.
Pros
friendly
Cons
dont feel like an individual more like a robot with a number
Organization that supports employee development and internal promotions
Credit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 12, 2017
Joined the company as an A/R representative and progressed into analyst and leadership roles. The employees are provided with an environment where hard work and dedication are highlighted and appreciated. My most current role involved a lot of developing new employees and helping individuals gain set of analytical and technical skills.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Benefits, Profit Sharing and yearly bonuses
Great compensation to feel insecure
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 28, 2017
Uline pays amazing well for the work they request. Micro managing is a major issue and all errors and mistakes are tracked constantly. If your error rate is higher than a .015% you are made to feel that your job is on the line no matter what elsebyou are successful at.
Perfectionists are the only people that will be hired, this is something that is bragged about. Personality is a huge factor in hiring.
Refreshing to be in a work place where everyone works exteemely hard and puts in effort.

Beware, they will track everything you do and will drug test to the legal maximum.
Pros
Benefits, profit sharing, lots of free meals
Cons
Micromanaging, no advancement oportunities
Overall good
Forklift Operator/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158April 27, 2017
Overall good besides bad macroeconomics and microeconomics with slight favoritism over seniority.
I learned all the basic warehouse functions.
Workplace culture is fantastic.
Their is no hard part of this job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is mentoring and helping out new co-workers.
Pros
Pay, healthcare, benefits
Cons
Favoritism over Seniority
Disappointed!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 21, 2017
Hands down the worst place I have ever worked! Extremely high turn over with poor team morale that stems from the management level down. Was lied to from the beginning! Went through four interviews before being hired and not one person mentioned a 47 hour minimum work week until day one!! If your salaried here you will get used!
Uline Review
Production Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 19, 2017
Fast paced environment. They put your mistakes for all to see feel that ids very counter productive. Need to reevaluate management and how they interact with staff.
Flexible, sometimes inconsistent workplace
Laborer/ repack worker (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 12, 2017
I originally planned to work this job through college because of the flexibility but it complicates more than helps my schedule more and more lately. I don't mind the work even the most physical but I found it fristrating that I never have the same coworkers and their work ethic varies more than I am comfortable with any longer.
Pros
Flexible hours, cafeteria, good wage
Cons
Inconsistent hours, rarely consistent coworkers, little to no opportunity for advancement
Good company, good people, good pay, fun place to work
Senior Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 5, 2017
Good company to work for with good pay. Co-workers and management are mostly great. Good culture and great customer service and quality products. Dress code is too strict though.
Cons
Dress Code
The management was terrible.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  2015 S Lake DriveApril 5, 2017
The management was terrible. Managers would fire hard working employees and keep lazy ones. Within my first week there they had me training new employees even though i wasn't trained fully and properly.
Account Representative
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 27, 2017
The base pay and bonuses are pretty good but everything is micromanaged. Prepare to have a relatively boring culture but really good people to work with. The company is operationally excellent and detail-oriented. You can sell to your customers easily but make sure you have enough room to carry product around.

There is nowhere to go beyond Level 2 representative. Sales Managers are sourced from outside the company and it's not growing rapidly enough to create new positions.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses
Cons
Little upward mobility
Ok place to work BUT!
Warehouse Associate/Operator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 13, 2017
Not a good company to work with. My experience with this company taught me to always be prepared. Create a work pattern to make your day go a little easier.
Good people, bad management
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMarch 13, 2017
I loved the people I worked with. The management was not exactly working in our favor or even cared about how the employees felt. The daily schedule is also at an odd time so literally your entire day is gone.
Pros
hour lunch break, good pay
Cons
parking is 1/4 mile away, no room for advancement
Fun place to work and grow
Warehouse Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 8, 2017
Uline is a fun place to work and grow/advance your career. They have a very detailed and organized training program and do everything they can to get you ready. Perfect job right out of college.
Pros
Bonus, Food, Vacation
Cons
Only wear shorts in summer.
Productive positive work enviorment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 27, 2017
It is a good work environment with good people and they kept me busy so time went by quick. i would have definitely stayed employed if it was my choice but it was a temporary job threw a staffing company.
Pros
1 Hour half paid lunch
Constant Micromanagement
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2017
There are always manager trainees coming into the business, but most of the local middle managers never leave, so there is no potential to move up and the trainees that do stay are those without the skills or drive to go somewhere else. In the end there are too many managers trying to prove that they are worthy of a title while having nothing better to do than get in the regular employees way.
Pros
The pay and benifits
Cons
Everything else
Worst Place To Work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Where do I start? The only thing positive I can say about Uline is the pay rate. Management sucks. Very unprofessional. Look elsewhere, please don't waste your time and energy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything from the job up to management
Horrible place
Shipping Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAFebruary 3, 2017
This company claims to be all about safety but only cares about you while you are there and doesn't care about your safety or anything you have going on outside of work. They are a band of "good old boys" who only look after each other and anybody not in the club or who isn't drinking the Copland is treated horribly, regardless of how hard they work. They pay is good but that's how they trap you... if u are a dim witted robot then this place is for you!
Pros
Year end bonus
Cons
Required overtime. Micromanagement. Poor leadership. Obvious favoritism. Etc...
decent job
Outbound Shipping Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Breigningsville, PAJanuary 25, 2017
chance for advancement - clean and friendly work environment - work life balance not so great but compensation makes up for issue. working docks was the most difficult part of job.
Great company, great people, great culture.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 25, 2017
This is a company moving forward without a doubt. They have a great work culture and every employee is held accountable.
Pros
Strong company moving forward, competitive salary
Cons
no advancements/ promotion without a Degree.
Productive and fun environment!
Sales Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2017
Uline was a very fast-paced and fun place to work. I did also master the art of multi-tasking here and would have loved if the company was closer to home at the time. The only reason why I left was because of the commute to Manhattan every day. I loved being able to assist the Sales Reps and speak with customers over the phone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uline. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5