Uline Employee Reviews in United States

Very Traditional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 4, 2016
Uline is excellent regarding employee benefits. The pay is okay, there are yearly bonuses which are not heard of anymore. They also provide health and 401k. Overall, the employees are smart, hard working individuals as well.

Where the company falls short however is in its culture. Micromanaging is inevitable, very strict guidelines and metrics. You feel like you're going to be fired at any moment.

If you are young, and want a job that has benefits as well as a good culture, this is not the place. Uline is more for the introverted, followers who don't want to think for themselves.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Micromanagement
Very corporate atmosphere
Credit Assistant Trainer/Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 11, 2016
The company is a great company to work for and has great benefits. I learned while working my way up that work and personal relationships need to be kept separate. The management style at this company is very hands on and may be hard for some to get used to. Working for Uline has made me a very hard working and passionate individual. I believe that this company has taught me several core values that will stick with me forever. The department I was in was a very small and personable department. There were several outings and potlucks to bring the group together.
Good benefits/Poor employee recognition
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 7, 2015
This company pays well and gives good bonuses and will work out well for you if you can check your brain at the door. They do not like suggestions to making their processes better. They love it if you watch other employees and catch them breaking the rules and report this. If you're a good snitch you will go far. If you're a hard worker and mind your own business you will never be promoted or recognized for a job well done.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor treatment by management
Great job, good opportunities
Warehouse Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Great job with great pay and benefits. Really good opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I would recommend this job to a friend.
Good but monotonous
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 14, 2016
The company has great Co-Worker and good management. The work is monotonous but some seem to enjoy it. Lots of overtime opportunities and great benefits.
Great benefits and good place to jump start career.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILNovember 27, 2015
Great place to jump start a professional career and gain experience. A lot of micro management throughout the day; however, great group of people to work with.
Pros
Amazing benefits and profit sharing is the best part.
Cons
Micro-management, not much room for advancement.
Family owned company with a odd dynamic of one person who makes all of the decisions.
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIAugust 18, 2015
I learned a lot about price negotiation, program management and vendor relationships. My typical day involved vendor communication, product sourcing and inventory review. My co-workers and I worked as a team with one goal in mind but managed separate vendors and accounts. Being a family owned company with not much room for growth, I felt as if I was hired for one position they felt I fit and there was never going to be opportunity for advancement. They offered no grooming type associate development to indicate that promotion was a possibility and very few people received any sort of promotion in my department in my close to 5 years there. For the first 4 years I had a manager who respected work/life balance and was supportive and offered personal development to his team. The last year I had a manager who had no respect for work/life balance and worked with his own goals and agenda in mind.
Pros
fitness center, on site cafeteria, healthcare, 401K match
Cons
dress code, expectations of hours worked, no room for development and promotion
If all you care about is money, knock yourself out (not worth it).
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 8, 2015
The managers talk down to you, the yearly raises are a joke and they will find any little thing to ding you on (even make it up) to keep you from getting the full raise. They have a decent starting wage and the profit sharing bonus is nice, I'll give them that. But you WILL NOT get promoted because they have such a high turnover rate that they can't replace you in a reasonable amount of time to let you change shifts or jobs. The Owners send e-mails with their political and religious views to all employees, with no regard as to making someone feel uncomfortable. Very Unprofessional. AND they are way behind the times on both warehouse technology and culture. The warehouse requires you to work 8-10 hours with only an hour lunch in place of the usual 15 minute brakes and 30 min. lunch. If you don't agree to this you are not being a team player and are looked down on and may not even get the job. They act like they are the best company ever and blame the employee who doesn't want to stay saying...."They just didn't hit the Uline Standard" when really they didn't want to put up with the Management arrogance.
Pros
Profit Sharing bonus.
Cons
Management / Owners
worst company to work for!!!!!
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 23, 2015
Happiness is not something that is noticed here @ uline. They micro-manage like crazy and pick and choose their favorites. Don't give them your opinion on anything because you will pay for it later.Overtime wasn't too bad with 2 hrs. mandatory if it was available. Pay was good, but the raises SUCK since you can only get up to 4%. Worked there for 3 1/2 yrs. and was tossed out like garbage. Shifts were hard to make room for my family until i was able to get on rotation.That made life a little more enjoyable by being able to see the sun when i punched out.
Pros
bonuses and free items.
Cons
MICRO-MGMT!!!!!!! PAY AND HOURS.
Micro management at its finest
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 12, 2016
Like every job it has its ups and downs. the pay is decent but what gets everyone is the bonus. its nice. but throughout the year you are only getting 40 hour checks. overtime is offered on the weekends but you are so drained through the week, your time off is way more valuable. the management team sucks. they make unrealistic goals in which they control the outcome. they have their favorites and if you're not one of them its literally survival of the fittest (who can kiss butt the best). every minute of the day you are being watched. the morale of the company is very low. many of the managers are unapproachable. they do have a fitness center, that was pretty cool. the raises suck. when I applied here it was a "grass is greener on the other side" situation. I was unhappy at my old job and thought I was going into a better situation. boy was I wrong.
Micro management
Grunt (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 6, 2016
Run unless you love being talked down to like a five year old. If you love being hounded nonstop for ten hours and given a thousand pieces of paperwork for doing one thing then this is for you. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MORE SIMPLY IDIOTIC RUN COMPANY IN MY LIFE. Every 20 year old with a title thinks they have the big balls and want to enforce every little line of every piece of paper LITERALLY EVERY LINE AND SPACE OF EVERY PIECE OF PAPER. Run for the hills
Pros
An hour lunch
Good Place to Get Paid, Bad Place to Work
Order Filler, (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
The Good:

The pay is great at Uline. They offer 401K, 3 weeks PTO the day you start, and an amazing end of the year Bonus.

The warehouse as a whole is cleaner then most hospitals.

The Bad:

Management is the worst part about Uline. They constantly talk down to you and treat you like a child, unless of course you are one of the "favorites". As long as you know about fantasy football, you will be a favorite of management.

Working 10am-8pm M-F. Lunch is from 1-2. That is the only break that is offered. It is hard to finish up the day when you are on your 6th or 7th hour with no food of break at all.

When needing to miss work due to weather, your call out counts as 2 call outs for one day as opposed to one day if it is NOT weather related.
Pros
bonus program
Cons
management, hours
Understanding and Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 4, 2015
easy to get along with and communicate with both supervisors and other employees.
Very understanding of time off and provides great compensation.
everyone is very friendly and enjoyable to work with in the office.
hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy or hard to understand customers.
Pros
very competitive salary, great benefits, a lot of paid time off
Cons
short breaks.
great company but no room to grow
Web Designer/Developer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 15, 2016
Great company good benefits but no room to grow. Not a challenging role and work gets to be mundane. Looking for a more challenging role to develop skills and grows within the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little time off and no room to grow
competitive natured facility
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 17, 2014
a typical day at work was an everyday challenge to maintain your position. It taught me how to be a better worker by far, guaranteed on a slow day at uline you probably work harder then anywhere else. The management where significantly involved in our daily routines, often there when we had any questions or needed help. my co workers where mainly hard workers, seeing that if not your work definitely showed. The hardest part of the job really was based on your body, the work was simple after you learned the process. but sometimes running your body at 100% is tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job was your hard work didn't go unnoticed.
Pros
yearly christmas bonus $3000+
Cons
great benefits, workout facility
Very strict environment
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
Great training, but long.
Benefits are okay and a day in the field can be fun.
Long work hours and lots of admin work each night.
Pros
Great pay and bonus
Cons
Not much vacation time (16 days only), no sick days, long work hours
Great company
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 13, 2014
The work is physical, but no more physical than most warehouse jobs. The benefits are excellent, the pay is good, and I definitely like getting the end of year profit sharing and performance bonuses. Not a lot of upward mobility. It's hard for employees to move into management, and they frequently hire outside management to place over managers that have been with the company for a while. I really like the company, and feel as though I'd be content to stay put if I believed that I had opportunities to advance going forward.
Pros
excellent benefits and good pay for industry
Cons
tough to advance within, they hire a lot of outside management
Revolving door
confidential (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 22, 2015
Keep seeing the same jobs posted over and over again---turnover really high. Crazy "Drink-the-Kool-Aid" culture. not a happy place--lol!
Excellent compensation, busy schedule
Warehouse Stock-Picker (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 6, 2015
The company is micro-managed to a fault. Management values quantity over quality of shipments, leading to apathetic workers.

The work schedule is busy with 9 to 10 hour days, but they keep you busy enough that the time passes pretty quickly.
Pros
benefits, co-workers
Cons
long days
Truck Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 1, 2015
It was a good place to work but to much to do just for a two man job. There were days where it was to busy to load the trucks in a well organized way
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Too much work for 2 people