Ulster Savings Bank

Ulster Savings Bank Employer Reviews

Fun working environment. Provides you the necessary tools to move up in your career.
Customer Service Rep / Deposit Operations Rep (Former Employee), Kingston, NYOctober 15, 2013
Very friendly work environment. I was able to work with many different departments which allowed me to learn new things and how each department works. Management was hands on with training to make sure you were up to date on the newest product and procedures.
Great work environment with positive team members all willing to work together for the goal of our financial institution.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, New YorkAugust 19, 2012
A typical day at work would include opening procedures, branch security, ATM proof, dual-control vault duties, financial transactions, (deposits, withdrawals, mortgage and installment loans, cd renegotiations, IRA contributions, updating account inquiry, refferals given to proper operators depending on customer's needs and wants, etc.) drawer and vault proof, scanning checks and closing procedures.
I have learned how to best finance and manage currency and monetary instruments.
The management at Ulster Savings Bank are dependable and supportive.
My co-workers are a pleasure to work with; all are team-oriented.
The hardest part of the job is not the job itself, but knowing that you cannot make everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I attain after helping a member of the bank by saving them time, money and hassle.
Good Job good people little room for advancement
File Clerk (Former Employee), Kingston, NYJune 19, 2012
Pros: pay, hours, people
Cons: advancement
Good hours, good pay, management is alright. easy to transfer between departments, room for advancement but limited.
Great Working environment with great staff
Teller (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 10, 2012
Every day I dealt with many customers and numerous issues. I learned how to deal with various situations and I learned a lot about banking, whether it is online banking, using visa cards or doing other transactions. Ulster Savings has an inviting and lovely staff and I really enjoyed working there.
Productive and energetic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Bank Teller (Current Employee), Stone Ridge, NYMay 29, 2012
Pros: free coffee, birthday celebrations.
Cons: short lunch breaks, favortism within branches.
I work full eight hour days and come in contact with many different types of people. I'm both friendly and professional so it's easy for me to get along with the staff and customers of the bank. I get along very well with management as I've been working with them for six years. Unfortunately, there aren't any openings for me to advance so I'm now looking elsewhere. My current job is demanding but enjoyable and that's what keeps me involved, engaged, and informed.