Ulster Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Good products, work environment OK
Teller (Former Employee) –  Stone Ridge, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Ulster Savings Bank offers the employees and customers a lot, however management needs work. Often found myself afraid to go to management to ask questions or if I had an issue with a coworker. Overall a good place to work.
Overworked & Underpaid
Banker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 25, 2015
This is a decent job for young people, 16, 17, 18yrs of age etc. But as for a career? It's not for adults. Current employees suffer for mistakes of prior CEO's and bankers.employees are delegated to do everything to complete the job well done, to give customers the 'best service' yet then get told in the same token that they won't be getting their 2% raise this year or the bonus that they look forward to each year to help pay their incredibly high health deductible. You have to ask to use the bathroom and be timed. Ulster Savings bank is good to get hands on experience and then move on to their career job because they will definitely have the experience after being worked so hard. The new CEO just informed current hard working employees that bc of the old CEO's mistakes, ALL employees will now suffer. This employer does not respect or appreciate their employees. So if you want to make minimum wage yet work like a horse, come to Ulster Savings Bank in Kingston, NY. Otherwise, go to a real bank and get treated properly. I left USB and not even 4 months later was I given a salary increase of double the amount I was making there, yet a quarter the amount of stress that I was put through. Be smart about your future, don't invest time in a place that doesn't pay for the work being done. You can start fresh somewhere else and work youre way up after a quarter of the time it will take you to get to 9.50/hour. USB is top heavy with a whole bunch of little fish swimming around barely getting by. Just ask any employee that walks out of that bank- how do you feel about your job? How is  more... your current living situation? They can put up 8 new banks but cant pay the employees they do have. Do yourself a favor and run, run fast. Good luck to you  less
Pros
Unemployment, Outrageous Health Benefits, Experience to go elsewhere
Cons
Horrible benefits, bottom of barrel pay, no room for advancement
Fun working environment. Provides you the necessary tools to move up in your career.
Customer Service Rep / Deposit Operations Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYOctober 15, 2013
Very friendly work environment. I was able to work with many different departments which allowed me to learn new things and how each department works. Management was hands on with training to make sure you were up to date on the newest product and procedures.
Great work environment with positive team members all willing to work together for the goal of our financial institution.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, New YorkAugust 19, 2012
A typical day at work would include opening procedures, branch security, ATM proof, dual-control vault duties, financial transactions, (deposits, withdrawals, mortgage and installment loans, cd renegotiations, IRA contributions, updating account inquiry, refferals given to proper operators depending on customer's needs and wants, etc.) drawer and vault proof, scanning checks and closing procedures.
I have learned how to best finance and manage currency and monetary instruments.
The management at Ulster Savings Bank are dependable and supportive.
My co-workers are a pleasure to work with; all are team-oriented.
The hardest part of the job is not the job itself, but knowing that you cannot make everyone happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I attain after helping a member of the bank by saving them time, money and hassle.
Good Job good people little room for advancement
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJune 19, 2012
Good hours, good pay, management is alright. easy to transfer between departments, room for advancement but limited.
Pros
pay, hours, people
Cons
advancement
Great Working environment with great staff
Teller (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 10, 2012
Every day I dealt with many customers and numerous issues. I learned how to deal with various situations and I learned a lot about banking, whether it is online banking, using visa cards or doing other transactions. Ulster Savings has an inviting and lovely staff and I really enjoyed working there.
Productive and energetic workplace
Customer Service Representative/Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Stone Ridge, NYMay 29, 2012
I work full eight hour days and come in contact with many different types of people. I'm both friendly and professional so it's easy for me to get along with the staff and customers of the bank. I get along very well with management as I've been working with them for six years. Unfortunately, there aren't any openings for me to advance so I'm now looking elsewhere. My current job is demanding but enjoyable and that's what keeps me involved, engaged, and informed.
Pros
free coffee, birthday celebrations.
Cons
short lunch breaks, favortism within branches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulster Savings Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2