Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 1,696 reviews matching the search
Lot of work and stress
General Manager (Current Employee) –  LA AreaFebruary 24, 2017
Great gratis and free product. However, as a manager it is a lot of stress and little recognition. You work most week ends and 2 or more nights per week.
Pros
gratis
Cons
stress and rotating schedule
I enjoyed working with customers.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2017
I liked having the ability to do multiple jobs. I would work at the register and I would also have tasking responsibilities. Unfortunately, the management wasn't the best. I experienced having six different managers in the span of 5 months.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Short Breaks, Multiple Management Issues
Nice salon
Retail Sales Associate, Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYFebruary 23, 2017
Very serious management style. Nice coworkers. No outside training. As an esthetician I was paid an hourly rate. Only a part time receptionist, we all answered calls and made appt. I did enjoy doing professional make for bridal parties.
Beauty
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 22, 2017
love the joys applying make up on people. great work environment for everyone. great bosses to work everyone got along . everyone worked together in getting task done.
Review
Prestige Beauty Advisor/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Loved being able to play with makeup and apply it on customers. Management at the time was very strict. Loved the workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques on makeup application.
Fun Place to Work
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Everyday is an absolute blast. Though, upper management can sometimes have the tendency to micro manage everyone gets along great. No drama, just makeup. Make your sales goals and do your job and you'll be fine.
Pros
Gratis occasionally
Cons
Working every weekend practically
Good, fun company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MI 48640February 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Ulta, however, I needed to relocate to an area where there is no Ulta. I loved the variety of products that Ulta carries.
Pros
Fun, fast paced work environment
Cons
Upper management in my district
Fun, fast, and upbeat work place.
Lead Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I learned so much at Ulta. I focused on building my client base, and helped my clients solve their skin care issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people, and helping people feel better about their skin.
Productive and fun work place for those who primarily work alone or in small groups.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2017
The workplace culture resembled that of a High School, there was unaddressed separation between Representatives and supervisors which hindered productivity.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
micro-management
Loved it
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I always hear people saying "a job is a job" but at ULTA I actually enjoyed coming into work everyday. Working there for 2 years, I made a ton of connections with people who became my friends, people who were working on my level but also management. I learned valuable customer service techniques, how to be a team player, how to work and have fun at the same time without sacrificing one or the other. I wouldn't say there was a stand out "hardest part" of this job, the most frustrating was some of the customers but there's nothing you can do about that, really. The most enjoyable part was working and having fun at the same time. It really is a great environment and, for anyone who enjoys cosmetics, it's an awesome place to work.
Great place to shop and work
Brow Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I love what I do and my clients make it even better. Working for Benefit Cosmetics is the best company! they are so much fun and uplifting!!
Maybe it's just my location,
Lead Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Management could use some work.The turn over rate for this company is high. If you prefer working in customer service, this is the place for you. The hardest thing you'll do is set up new stands and products throughout the store. I did enjoy my position there, however it did get old. The perfect place for part-time or if you have just moved across town and need extra cash.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Odd hours, nit picky tasks.
Positive and hardworking atmosphere
CASHIER/STOCK (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 20, 2017
All employees along with management were passionate about their job and quite knowledgeable. Everyone is helpful and super friendly. The discount and company sales were a great bonus.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short Shifts
Great learning experience
Lead Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Layfette hill, PAFebruary 18, 2017
Working at Ulta was a pleasure, the work environment may change store to store but my 4 year total experience has been a pleasure. Learning customer service skills, management skills and retail skills has influenced my greatly
Great learning environment
Associate Manager of People (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 18, 2017
During my time with Ulta, it was a very diverse learning environment. Defientley a place to learn about all the different lines of make up and hair care products. Management needed a lot of work considering it was more based on favoritism. That was seen even in upper management with the Regional and District managers. Although I was an Associate Manager of People my work was never recognized even though I did the best I could with what I was given. However in saying that I honestly LOVED my job and interacting with the customers and the employees. I was told, when I had to put my 2 weeks in, that I would always have a place at Ulta to come back if I choose. Well that was a false sense of hope when I did try to come back just as a lead cashier and GC. I was basically blacklisted and no one in that region would hire me. Even though I hadn't done anything wrong upper management enforced her options about me so now I can no longer work at an Ulta at any of the locations near me.
Pros
Great learning environment on products.
Cons
Too much favoritism by upper management.
Great Job
Beauty Advisor/ Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAFebruary 17, 2017
Loved the girls, the discount, and the products! Working with the company was wonderful. The managers were all so helpful and friendly. They care about you and your individual needs, as well has helping you progress in your career.
Exciting company to work for, little work/life balance
Associate Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 17, 2017
Ulta is a wonderful and exciting environment to work in especially if you like the hustle of retail. Great perks and discounts.
Ulta tho exciting has zero work /life balance. Company pushes unrealistic work load in retail half of the company and pappers its corporate employees.
Terrible
Beauty Advisor / Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 16, 2017
Starting out, Ulta was fun and exciting. However, after a few months of being opened the management went downhill and everyone was miserable every single day.
Productive and fun place to work
Prestige Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 16, 2017
the job itself is very customer service oriented, requires high levels of sales to ensure the store meets its daily, weekly, and monthly goals. The job also includes working with outside agencies to ensure sales are being met.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
job work/life balance is unstable
Productive and fast paced environment
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portchester , NYFebruary 16, 2017
Working at Ulta Beauty helped me improve my time management skills due to the fact that I was in school during my employment. My coworkers and managers were understanding of my obligation to my school work. I also loved working with makeup and hair products while also gaining experience in sales and team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9