ULTA

ULTA Employer Reviews

art and learning
cashier (Former Employee), Boise, IDAugust 30, 2014
Pros: meet all kinds of people
Provided excellent customer service.
Sterilization of tattoo equipment and shop.
Learned various tattoo techniques, as well as, researching art and artists.
Very competent in drawing.
Great Work Enviroment
Operations/People Manager (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free product, fun work enviroment
Cons: no hours. part time less than 20hrs. full time never promised.
Ulta is a great company. Its a different approach on cosmetic retail, they really cater to all diversities. While working for the company the past four years I've really taken in a lot. Everything from skincare-cosmetics to hair and body. They even cater to MEN. The best part of the job is that you are able to network with so many different companies – more... and people there is always room for advancement. There's a fun and friendly staff due to ULTA taking pride in choosing the most bubbly approachable personalities to represent their company. The most enjoyable part of the job are all the freebies! You receive lots of gratis for trainings on new product lines and you are able to try the product in order to testify to it, how awesome is that!! I love the ULTA company and have shared many wonderful times as a member of management however my only suggestion is that the payroll for the company is something to take into consideration. The store is so set on opening new stores that they are not supporting the staff with payroll to deliver excellent customer service. Majority of the time when you walk into an ULTA store you notice the staff is very limited and for a cosmetic store you want to ensure that you have available help because make-up isn't self selling when you don't know how to use it. – less
Ulta salon hamburg NY
Cosmetologist, Conversion sales (Former Employee), Hamburg,NYAugust 29, 2014
Pros: 20% everything in the store. continued education.
Cons: management could have handled situations better.
Typical salon duties.
Learned sales conversions.
Management could have been ALOT better! (speaking as a manager myself)
co-workers were dramatic.. but friendly for the most part.
Hardest part of the job? With the hours I was working.. they wanted me to be part of their "path to abundance" program.. which was IMPOSSIBLE, due to the fact that the entire – more... program was specifically designed for full time staff.. Not part time.
Best part of the job... Seeing the joy on a clients face and in their voice when they left my chair 100% satisfied! – less
poor management
Task/Cashier (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 27, 2014
poor management. Hired over 40 people & did not tell employees they did not have hours available never when store opened. Employees laid off with no discretion
Fun, lively, and overall a great experience
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: discount on store products, frequent breaks
Cons: hours on a weekly basis random and sporadic, schedules occasionally change throughout the week without notice
Working as a beauty advisor for Ulta taught me the significance of team work, communication, and customer satisfaction in a customer oriented industry. The coworkers I have are overall fun and bubbly people, the managers prove to be understanding and open to any thoughts or concerns, and the overall treatment of the employees fair and pleasant. Since – more... this is my first job, I couldn't tell anyone how much better or worse this company is compared to other stores, but my only complaint is how absolutely inconsistent hours are. Some weeks I worked 15+ hours, others none at all. Also the schedules are occasionally changed without employees knowing. I've been "late" when my shift was bumped up two hours earlier and no one even bothered to call. I've also missed days I thought I had off when managers decide to once again change the schedule on me and didn't call. I don't know how common this is in retail, but it's honestly my only complaint otherwise. Just a bit more communication as far ahead as possible would suffice! Working in retail requires flexibility, but communication helps. – less
Dont work here.
BEAUTY ADVISOR/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Sparks, nvAugust 19, 2014
No hours and no respect from anyone.You just work on the cash registers.
gratis, cosmetics, and hair care
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: cosmetics
Cons: upper mgmt
It was a great atmosphere with all the cosmetics around. The upper management was not very discreet with confidential info. The designers should have been paid more.
ULTA
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 12, 2014
Ulta was great with helping customers and it taught me a lot on different brands of makeup.
great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Covington, LAAugust 12, 2014
great decent place with poor management. I worked as a cashier and as a stock associate, making sales of makeup and cosmetics.
Highly Educational Work place
Salon Manager and Master Stylist (Former Employee), Wellington, FLAugust 8, 2014
Great and equal advancement opportunities! the company is a great system and concept. With every corporation, there are bad seeds(co-workers) that may get hired, but overall I had a great experience with the company. I advanced at a rapid rate!
love it
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 8, 2014
Awesome place, loved my co workers, loved my management team. I did not get a whole lot of hours but all in all it was great working there.
Fun work environment with friendly co-workers!
Lead Cashier (Former Employee), D'iberville, MSAugust 7, 2014
Even in the busiest and most stressful times of work (i.e. Christmas) Management always made work fun and enjoyable. We would laugh a cut up together to relieve tension created by demanding or demeaning customers. Great support system!
great breakroom, employees had family vibe
Supervisor assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: clean facility, family vibe with co-workers
Cons: too many people for building they needed to expand due to growth in company
Typical work day was starting the day off by setting batteries in forklifts and making sure they all ran. then assist employees and help supervisor with orders and pulls.

I learned how to lead and to set goals motivate the TEAM

Manage ment made sure all equipment and machine was working proper and floors clear and clean. Kept safe work invironment.

Co-workers – more... were busy and eager to work.

Hardest part was running multipal tasks at once on busy days

Completing the days with no work injuries and productive sales – less
Lots of Potential, but depends
Manager (Current Employee), Northern VAAugust 3, 2014
Ulta has so much potential to be great, but there are many hurdles that can make this unachievable. Managers do not work cohesively together as a team, and in my store GMs seemed to be the root cause of many issues that went on. You are given little to no payroll to accomplish ridiculous amounts of tasks, as well as guest service. It makes it feel nearly – more... impossible.

On the positive side, this really is a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with different cosmetic brands. Vendor support and trainings made the job very enjoyable. – less
Productive and Beneficial
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Valdosta, GAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: excellent discount
Cons: hours being cut constantly
A typical day at work for me is fun and exciting
I learn about different brands and uses of make-up daily
The management team is wonderful though there are some areas of improvement
The isn't anything hard about this job to me
The most enjoyable part about the job is that I make women feel beautiful everyday.
Good job if you like high school type jobs
Prestige beauty consultant (Former Employee), summerville, scJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free makeup
Cons: pay, breaks, advancement, management, co workers, customers
Decent job to start if you like to do makeup and are in high school, not enough to make a living. They don't train you at all, bad pay, customers are horrible. Management are snakes (all the way up to corporate). No room for advancement. Glad I got out. This place is a joke.
NA
Task (Temp) (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJuly 30, 2014
Job duties included:

Unloading
Stock
Pricing
Package handling
Fun work place with plenty of opportunity to grow
Merchandise Coordinator (Manager) (Current Employee), sanford, flJuly 30, 2014
Pros: extensice training
Cons: poor employee benefits
I learned how to be a better leader when it came to my management position. They really helped me be the best I can be. My staff was/is great and they are very hardworking. I enjoyed the amount of responsibility that I had because of the fact that I like to be busy and I like to learn.
Fast paced environment
Salon Manager (Current Employee), Denton, TXJuly 28, 2014
The company has a good work/home ballance. They have technical as well as personal training for salon. They care about there employees.
Great Place
Salon Manager (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLJuly 26, 2014
I do not want to write anything here! look them up on their website if you want more information. I want to move forward in my career and am bored.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates┬ásome 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more