ULTA

ULTA Employer Reviews

productive workplace
Part-time Lead (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: grouchy people
Started as a tomboy and with a little love and TLC. This company has molded a primadonna.
Fun place to work with options for growth
Prestige Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill,TxJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Ulta I learned how to multi-task,work effectively with a team and perfect my customer service skills.
The training there for management is excellent. What I most enjoyed was interacting with clients and establishing relationships with them as well.
Enjoyable and encouraging work place
Prestige manager (Former Employee), Fort LAuderdaleJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: product gratis through training, hands on experience, delightful atmosphere, available promotion within company
Cons: lack of full time positions, working holidays, lower pay than with other similar companies
I loved working for Ulta Beauty because of the positive and happy atmosphere within the company and the availability of growth within. I also enjoyed the benefits that were offered to me through my employment. I also learned how to properly operate a business and how to manage and motivate employees.
Fun place to work, depending on your area!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Capitola, CAJanuary 18, 2015
I was privileged to work with such wonderful ladies in Capitola, CA where the general lifestyle is very laid-back and carefree which was reflected in both employees and customers alike.

We opened late 2013 and the crowds were new and all of us were more than eager to educate the locals on the newest makeup trends and brands. Management had been transferred from other surrounding Ultas, and for the most part everyone got along very well. The best part was really connecting with our customers and showing them that going out of the box was okay (mind you, this town has a reputation for an alternative, au natural lifestyle so having all these new products available was like a culture shock).

I would advise to try your best to stay away from store gossip, however juicy it may be. I know that good people have gotten fired for famous retellings of the lives of our other coworkers. Yes, you might get bored but I'm sure there are plenty of things that can be done around the store instead.
Very fun environment, great coworkers.
Hair Designer (Current Employee), St. George, UtahJanuary 17, 2015
My typical day consists of doing hair, cleaning the salon, and if I'm not busy with a guest, I am helping others find products they are looking for as well as answer questions about hair and skin care. It is a very fast paced, uplifting environment.
Fun work place, great co-workers
Hair Designer (Current Employee), Southern Pines, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Its a great company to grow with. Educational classes always provided to give you the tools and knowledge for advancement. Fellow employee's are more like family than co-workers. Enjoyable work environment. You get to go to work everyday and make people look and feel beautiful.
Worst company to work for!!!
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay rate if you get enough hours & if they like you
Cons: unreliable, company with no growing opportunities, no good benefits, not a good company to work for, very unorganized, lack of communication with corporate and stores
I never would go back to this company! Unstable hours and management is unreliable and very unprofessional. The fashion island location especially! Management there is very unprofessional and there is favoritism in that store! Take my advice this company you will never grow! I would sometimes close late nights (which would be 10 pm) and the next morning would open at either 6 am or 5 am. There was one time I ended my shift at 9 pm and came back into work at 2 am. The store never had coverage and yet we had multiple tasks to do but not enough hours which didn't make sense! And in the two years I worked there I never really worked a shift of the position I was hired for. I wore multiple hats in that store that I was not granted a raise or a higher position until there was no staff left but there was so much stress in the store. From experience advise people be careful applying here this place might cause anxiety and stress, lots lots of stress. I am currently glad I am not working here my life has been a lot better since.
Friendly working environment at a steadily busy store
Beauty Advisor; Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discount on ulta products, snacks in the break room, great hours
Cons: having some of my shifts cut when the store went over on hours
I was a part-time seasonal worker at one of the highest grossing Ulta stores in the country. During the weeks before the holidays, the store was extremely busy and the checkout line was never-ending. As a cashier I learned how to handle different types of transactions including store and online returns and purchases via reward accounts. My co-workers were helpful and answered all my questions (as a new employee). The management was very friendly and organized, and overall the store ran wonderfully.

Working at Ulta was enjoyable for me because I loved being around all of the latest beauty products. The only hard part of the job was working the holiday rush hours, but those shifts went by quickly.
Great place to work if young enjoy retail
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Philadlphia, PAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: long hours
Great Place to work if you enjoy retail management and the long hours. Their compensation and benefits package was great, plus f you worked hard you would receive nice bonuses. Ulta was very supportive in career advancement. Sometime management techniques were not always the most successful
Productive fun workplace
Merchandising Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2015
6am arrival with a delivery truck arrival at 6:30. Prepare for the delivery truck by setting carts and buggies into place. Greet the associates who are scheduled to provide assistance dispersing the products. A quick meeting informing everyone of their specific duties. Manage the team by keeping track of time and productivity.
Also, Prepare every register with the correct amount of money, count and record the amount of money in the safe, record store progress of the previous night into the computer.

I learned how to mange a team successfully.

My co-workers were very supportive and helpful.

The hardest part of the job would be leaving a job that is not completed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the public.
Fun place too work
Ulta Beauty (stock) store set up (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: lunches, breaks
Great place to work, great atmosphere Excellent Management, had great co workers, and was able too work well together to get the duties done for each shift also good at training you
Productive and fun!
Seasonal Sales (Former Employee), Canton, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: discounts, fun atmosphere, co-workers worked as a team
I worked here during the 2013 holiday and it was so enjoyable! Talking to customers about hair and makeup was a dream to do and seeing everyone satisfied with their purchases and given advice.

All the co-workers, worked as a team. I was even cross-trained for the perfume and prestige makeup counters, too. The holiday hours kept all of us busy and productive.
Fun work environment; poor management
Lead Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: fun team to work with, "gratis" (free) products if we meet certain goals set by our first-line managers
Cons: little to no pay raises, inconsiderate management, poor reputation leads to customers treating beauty advisors sub par.
I love my job at Ulta and making customers feel beautiful. My team is amazing and we all work hard and have fun doing it. The only downside is infrequent and minimal pay raises, regardless of how hard we're working to meet budgets and other goals set by corporate. It's hard to put so much effort into a company that only communicates via conference calls to tell us what we need to improve on, without recognizing how far we've come as individuals and as a team.
Great job to have if you love the beauty industry!
Beauty Advisor/Service Clerk (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great management, gratis
Cons: little hours to give employees
One of the key parts of a beauty adviser at Ulta includes making sure to go the extra mile to make sure that guest leaves completely happy with the products you present them with and also being able to educate them on how to use them at home.
fun to work at
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot and its fun
Cons: not enough hours, un organized, management sucks
Ulta is a very fun place to work at. You learn so much on how to do make up and different brands of make up,skin care,hair products,etc.... they also give you free things to try out and know more about the product. However, there is lack of communication between management and the employees. I got hired on in prestige then as months went by, I heard through the grapevine that I no longer worked over there and the reasoning was because their weren't any spaces left which I clearly didn't understand since I was already working over there. I'm constantly getting interrupted by management when I'm doing a make up application to go up and ring when others could have help check out a guest or management. Last week I only got put on the schedule for four hours!!! And this week only 9. I wuz promised hours would pick up during holiday season but they dropped. I can say working for ulta has taught me a lot and helped me improve as a make up artist and a cosmetologist period.if hours were better and management communicated well with employees I would rate ulta 10s all down the board.
Not good
Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Ulta does not believe in giving back! Very wasteful company who would rather destroy products than give to those in need.
Nice staff
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: discount on in store purchase
Cons: stuck in entry level position
I enjoyed this job, but there was really no place for me to move up in the company. I was only being scheduled two days during the week and decided that the job wasn't for me.
fast growing company
Master Designer (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2015
a place to obtain retain and beauty skills. I have learned a lot about over all customer service relations in addition to employee management. A focus on retail operations.
Wonderful enviornent
Arch Expert at the Benefit Bar (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: very well at multi tasking and organization, loved the relationships had with my clients
Cons: in middle of services would have to step aside to help assist clients; would cause domino effect
Would have the day planned by appoinents
Had to be not only knowledgeble of my Benfit products but everything else Ulta beauty carried which was other brands of cosmetics, frangances, hair products, exct
Great place to work!
Prestige Makeup Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: education and training, so many brands to get to know!
Cons: not many hours available.
Loved the atmosphere, very fun and enjoyable place to work! Learned a lot about makeup and skincare brands and makeup application. Incredible management at that time, and great co-workers. Hardest part was theft and shrinkage. Most enjoyable part was everything about the job!

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates┬ásome 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more