Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 2,154 reviews matching the search
fun employers and job enviroment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 20, 2017
Most enjoyable was new products and teaching clients. Hardest part was managing lost prevention. Management was a lot of favortism, and purposely low pay.
Pros
25% discont on any item
Cons
low hours low pay, cant make a living
Great company
Associate Manager of People (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 20, 2017
I loved working where I had fun. The energy in the store is electric. It's a fast paced environment that is focussed mainly on the satisfaction of the guests. The actual job is great. The only problem I had was some of the culture changes with new management.
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCAugust 20, 2017
I loved working for Ulta Beauty. The managers were very helpful and nice. I loved the products that the business sales they are east to promote to customers.
Great first job.
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2017
Typical day at work if no one is scheduled on your book is converting on the retail floor, helping customers, advertising your treatments and cleaning. Management is super nice and respectful. The hardest part of the job is to make sure your book is always full every time you come into work and trying to avoid No Shows and last minute Cancellations. The most enjoyable part of the job is your clients appreciation and feeling like you've done a good job and helped someone with their skin concerns or for hair stylists helping someone fixing their hair and the clients appreciation from that.
Terrible
Lead Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 18, 2017
horrible management, even worse hours. constantly cutting hours. favoritism. fellow employees are friendly and make work place enjoyable but management is terrible and pick favorites and passive aggressively do so.
Pros
co workers in general
Cons
management
Very hot
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 17, 2017
No air at all makes it so miserable
Very long hours but the set up seems well organized it's just the heat that makes it hard to stay focused... Other than that no other complaints
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJAugust 17, 2017
Ulta Beauty is a fun work place, however as an Assistant Manager and OPS lead my work experience was horrible. I have devoted everything to this job and i never felt appreciated for my work instead i felt like i was always looked down on and even though i have exceeded all my goals in sales and customer service it was never enough. My personal life and work life was never balanced the way it should because i always had to compromise for my store manager.If i did not i felt like my job was at risk. It felt like my job was at risk no matter what.
Ulta's Environment
Prestige Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 16, 2017
A great place to work but can lack the work/life balance that you may desire. Training is always provided and great relationships are formed. Benefits are awesome, although pay is sometimes lacking based on your role and not work.
trendy place to work
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 16, 2017
Exciting work for a beauty retail job, given high chances to advance within the company, and the customers are fun. The company is encouraging and fast pace.
Pros
25% discount from start, get to see new products before launch, some health benefits, flexible hours, 401K
Cons
low hours, high stress during christmas time
N\a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 16, 2017
Pretty much what you'd expect, it's retail. Working with make up it fun, but it has pretty much all the downsides you can imagine. Doesn't pay great and the hours are eh.
Decent
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 16, 2017
A great place to advance in the beauty industry especially with a license but management is too stressful they give you a 2 person job and get massive presssure to perform to their high standards
Pros
Some of the best benefits
Cons
Long shifts alone with no coverage
Beauty and Brains
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 16, 2017
Ulta is a great place to grow and they usually hire from within. A typical day at work will always vary, which is great because you will always be entertained. I have learned so much at Ulta especially with guest relations and product knowledge. They have videos and vendors come in to talk to you about products so you can feel 100% with every product recommendation that you make. Management really varies from store to store but if you have a great general manager it's a really great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the early mornings, processing truck, and smiling at hard to reach customers. There are so many enjoyable parts of the job and I have made so many life long friends at Ulta.
Pros
product knowledge
Cons
Waking up early
Great Company
date Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, IL 61611August 15, 2017
The company is involved with the stores. The staff can be" clicky" but overall great people. Some of the things I think should be pushed aren't and sometimes what you have to say doesn't mean anything to management. Some things that should be address are often overlooked.
Not enough opportunities
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great discounts for employees if you like to buy cosmetics and such. Not enough hours given or opportunities to grow. Hardest part of the job was the lack of working hours given.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
productive and fun in retail
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Everyday you greet customers and use your knowledge to educate customers on the products they are looking for. You are mostly working around females and all your faces are beat and contoured wonderfully! It is a fun environment to meet new faces and talk about the latest products and make up trends. Don't let customers with a bad attitude ruin your day because more than likely it is easy to meet their needs in the store. Management is very helpful because they will show you exactly how to do everything to meet goals in the store. Ulta is a growing experience for cosmetic sales and customer service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Very slow, hard to advance.
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
It's a very slow location with no incentive and it's very hard to advance within the company. A typical day involves me servicing clients and helping clients with product selection and then imputing that information into the computer. Using the phone to contact clients to confirm appointments, and using the computer to input their information. Workplace culture is very positive but it doesn't transcend to all areas of the store. Hardest part of the job is there isn't much to challenge me. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. I have worked on and off with Ulta since 2013 and it has not provided me with a financially stable life. It is very hard to make a living working for this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short breaks, very low pay, very slow environment
Love it, lots of room for growth
Clinique Consultant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 14, 2017
The company is dedicated to a fair work-life balance and to educating its employees to be the best they can for the company and to grow themselves. Quite an enjoyable environmennt.
Fun work environment
Cashier and Tasker (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 14, 2017
very fun place to work; stocked entire store; loved trying new beauty products before coming out; loved being in store before opening; customer service
Ulta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 14, 2017
Loved working at Ulta because its a positive environment that made the employees and the customers more comfortable with the sales. The managers and co-workers were very easy-going.
fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
i enjoyed my time working at Ulta. I was an employee for about 5 years and i enjoyed so much working in the beauty field. You are the first to see new products and learn new techniques. i do wish that they were a little more giving when it came to gratis. maybe it was just the managers at my store but we hardly got anything.
Pros
fun
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9