ULTA

ULTA United States Employee Reviews

Rapidly growing company with stable financials
End User Services Specialist (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAApril 19, 2015
Good company to work for and is rapidly expanding. However, the support base is not growing fast enough to support the company operations. A breakneck pace and management turnover makes it difficult to advance within your department. Also, no tuition reimbursement is offered, though benefits are very good.
Such a great work enviroment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Wellington, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: You get to work with makeup and people all day
This is a great company to work for. All the associates are so much fun to work with and there is lots of opportunity for growth.
great job
Manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIApril 12, 2015
Had a great time working for Ulta, the staff was great the hours were easy .. enjoyed the customers and helping them with their needs . only left because I moved would return if there was an position open for me
It was very fun.
Associate (Former Employee), RenoApril 9, 2015
The job in general was a very fun, bubbly atmosphere and the other employees and managers were nice and fun. It never really got too busy so it was never really that stressful.
poor work place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Florence, ALApril 8, 2015
management is not easy to work with. They don't give you any hours and don't work with you if anything ever comes up. Management was never helpful and never wanted to do anything.
fun place to work with makeup
Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: always something to do, great people to work with
Cons: pay wasn't what i wanted
great place to work and advance in the company, great co-workers and management. learned a lot about different makeup, and gained more customer service experience. a busy day would be stocking, cleaning and helping customers around the store also taking phone calls and helping book appointments for brow bar and salon.A positive place to work.
Fun place to work, but hours are NOT consistent
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 7, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere, rewarding customer service
Cons: schedule changes often with no warning, no compensation for your sales
It is a fun place to work, but that comes with many disadvantages.

Hours are based on the week's sales. Your schedule could be changed (given hours or hours taken) with no rhyme or reason. This makes it difficult to manage money and to manage your time outside of work. They want you to sell, but you get no credit for sales (except MAYBE a few extra hours on your schedule.)
Prestige beauty adviser
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Sanford, FLApril 6, 2015
Product knowledge on skin care and other beauty products. Maximize sales by demonstrating the proper products for the customer.
Building sales by three items more to the costumers purchase.
Excelling in team goal/department goal.
Awful Awful awful!
manager (Current Employee), N.E.April 2, 2015
Pros: Gratis benefit package
Cons: Hours lack of payroll, expectations in tasks, too much time cashiering and not managing.. Lack of support from corporate.
You open and close the store, unload and process over 8000 pc. Trucks. Cashier for 4-5 hours at a stretch. The store operates with so little payroll hours that it leaves you with 2 people working in the store cashieing and selling. Thus no customer selling can happen because you cannot focus on them at the floor. 300 people a day come through and it is impossible to reach them all and have them be greeted engaged let alone thanked. Thus the adt and $ per transaction expectations are so very difficult. Then the customer surveys you cannot possibly please them because you cannot talk to them. Then there are the trucks with heavy piece counts can you imagine 8000 bottles of shampoo to put away but first you must separate by brand. Then how about the tasks. Rework the entire makeup department in off hours but if you use all your people during that time what happens to running the store during the day? What sbout the planograms and how do they get done. Before you open. Biggest complaint lack of work life balance because the hours are so limited the gm ends working long days just to meet the work load. NO ONE CARES! Company just keeps expecting and the support in the field by dM is ridiculous as well. Company has Potential but the limited payroll makes the GM s want to run for their lives. Terrible place to be. You are not a Gm you are a worker...if you want to work very hard, not be able to train and develop, never get a break, can not have conversations with your customers, then this is the place for you. No advancement opportunities the pretend. It is a ridiculous place and retailer to work for! When the begin to care about their people then they will have something. Right now NO,! They are missing the purpose of retail - How to get $ into the cash register. They don't care.
Love makeup
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: no coverage
Great discount if you love makeup this is the place to work but it gets super crowded and it can be understaffed but lots of makeup to play with
Beauty Advisor
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Summerlin NVMarch 30, 2015
The ability able to help people is a rewarding opportunity. I enjoy assisting people and introducing them to new ways of doing things.
not a great steady or long term career
Hair Designer II (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: discount, friendly staff, the products
Cons: management, hours, greed, no confidentially
Worked as a stylist for 3 years in the salon and was the highest ranked. When manager position was available i applied and was told no because i needed more experience and was to young. Then they hired a manager that had not had their license that long ( less than half the years i had mine.) Very poor manager skills and only looked out for herself. Broke so many of Ulta's policies and when i reported them nothing was done. They also offered me a full time position and then 8 months later when i tried to use vacation time they never entered me in the system as full time so i had no vacation or sick time. Even though i worked full time hours every week i was considered part time. It was really sad and hard for me to put my notice in. Two weeks after i left the manager and a stylist were fired for drinking alcohol and serving it to the clients.
Growing business and industry leader
General Manager and Prestige Market Trainer (Current Employee), Marlton, NJMarch 29, 2015
Ulta is a great place to gain leadership and communication skills. It has been in operation for 25 years and is going stronger than ever.
fun workplace
Achievement of personal sales and service goals (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 29, 2015
daily consultations. must meet sales goals. greet every guest at ulta in an effective and timely manner. coworkers are friendly. you learn about skin care, hair care, and products. the hardest part of the job is not having enough coverage on the floor on a busy day.
enjoyed working with the people i worked with over the holiday
Sorter (Former Employee), chambersbiurg paMarch 26, 2015
a typical day at work was scan product bin then the product then find a placement for the product to be shipped out, enjoyed the co workers, just didn't enjoy the fact we worked through the holiday
Great team with tremendous opportunity to provide excellent customer service.
Associate Manager (People) (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great bonuses and teamwork.
Cons: Asked to come in on days off or to stay longer than scheduled.
A typical workday includes creating a fun atmosphere to work. The most challenging is finding exactly what type of personal items the guest is looking for.
Ok if you're starting out
Skin therapist (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free hair and skin services
Cons: Micromanagement. No money. Horrible commission
You get treated like a child. Try to tell you how to do your job even though you went to school for it and know more about the business then the "management" Poor GM got treated horribly. So disrespected by other managers. One assistant manager micromanaged so bad and tried to tell us our Salon manager wasn't our boss, but she was. Which is false. She was not liked by anyone at our store. Didn't know how to schedule us properly. No support what so ever. This is definitely not a long term career in our industry. They treat you like criminals every time you walk out the door. God forbid you ask for a break or even grab a drink of water! I didn't go to school to sell cheap make-up. I went to school to teach people the importance of skin care. The GM and the salon staff were amazing! But I'm happy to be out of there! Oh and this supposedly "great training" not true. Not once did I get any of these perks they supposedly have. This is also the worst commission out there. And you also loose money because of those stupid coupons.
Great Place to work!
Lead Cashier/ Prestige (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 22, 2015
If you are make up and beauty oriented I highly recommend this job. Whether you are a beauty consultant or a prestige consultant, you will love this job and helping those find the products they love and want.
Not the best place to work
Associate Manager of People (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 20, 2015
I had a lot of trouble with the HR department they made me feel very singled out and helpless. I do not wish to disclose much information about ULTA because the company truly destroyed by thoughts on managment in a retail environment and I would highly recomend for people to steer clear of this company
Good Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Eureka, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great products, decent people to work around.
Cons: short hours unless management or in salon.
Ulta can be a little challenging, but a good challenge. Work hard daily and you could go far. Typical work day can consist of busy cash wrap lines, helping guests with their needs, stocking and facing products, directing guests or guest calls to the appropriate manager or salon. Management is great as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job here is the short hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is a smile on a guest who may not have had a good day until coming in contact with me or my co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more

ULTA Salaries