ULTA

ULTA Employer Reviews

Poor Management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), sebring, floridaFebruary 25, 2015
Utla has many opportunities to offer but management was horrible to work with. I loved my co-workers, it seems like everyone got along, but store manager was not equip to handle staff. Most of the girls that worked there including myself were new to retails and managers were disrespectful when employees asked questions on how to stock and set up store. Never knew what days I would be off and they waited till last day to give schedules. I did enjoy the discounts that they had to offer for employees and how they are welling to give employees a chance on trying new things.
Productive, high volume store
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Overall Ulta is a good company in providing exceptional customer service. Meeting the needs of the customer is always first priority. We always make sure each person leaves with the ultimate guest experience.
I enjoyed working with so many cosmetic products but don't agree with their business structure
Prestige Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: product exposure
Cons: short breaks, poor management, low morale, no support, no training
I was responsible for tracking sales for the prestige cosmetics department. Training team members on new product and makeup application techniques. I absolutely loved my specific job! However, I did not agree with the ethics or management style of this company.
Productive fun work place
Hairstylist/makeup artist (Former Employee), Carlsabad, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: never got breaks only lunches, minimum wage
A typical day at work would be going around the store asking people if they needed help finding anything, handing out business cards and coupons.
I learned a lot more techniques with color applications..
My co-workers were amazing people, very helpful with everything, made you feel at home.
The hardest part of the job was leaving, it was a nice place to work just had more high hopes about it, I had bigger expectations and it never reached them.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having my client leave happy, that's really all I want out of people, or them to be happy with what you have done.
Nice place to work, co-workers are very helpful and friendly
Cashier/Merchandising (Current Employee), Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly place to work
Cons: not enough hours
I love coming to work everyday and learning new beauty products and tips. my co- workers are very helpful when asked questions. the hardest part of my job is satisfying each and every customer.the most enjoyable is when i get to merchandise.
OK
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 24, 2015
The Company is a great place to work, sometimes it can be stressful, but what job is not stressful. There is a lot to do,but you are not allowed in the office and you will work with one on one coverage I mean it will be a manager and a worker all day. they give you a lot to get done with little hours to do it in. The hardest part OF THE JOB IS WORKING WITH FEW HOURS.
Wonderful attmosphere bnut high emplyee turn over
Designer (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 22, 2015
Ulta is a wonderful and fun place to work. They have on going training for salon and retail members. Only problem was they have a really high employee turn over rate due to having to work retail hours. Example you are open every holiday and hours vary each week. If you are someone who wants a fun fast paced and very flexible work schedule Ulta is the place for you.
Super fun retail work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free samples
Cons: low pay
Cashier and beauty consultant at Ulta Beauty. Fun environment, great employees, demanding but flexible managers. Always left a smile on my face at the end of the day even during the busiest of shifts.
Good job for someone in school
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: you get discounts on makeup.
Cons: no benefits for part time workers. don't provide enough hours to live on.
Job is okay. The enjoyable part about the job is that you're able to learn about different brands of makeup. Wouldn't recommend to someone looking to move up in the company. Only are given decent work hours during the holiday season.
Overall nice working environment
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Overall nice working environment. Customers are usually nice. Very clean environment. Usually all workers are positive and shifts go smoothly without drama.
Great benefits and relationships
Hair Designer (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits and relationships
Cons: need remodel
I've worked for Ulta Salon for many years and have seen it all. I've read a few reviews nay saying the employees at my store for gossiping or being rude and the truth is, they're not entirely wrong about how it used to be. I want to write this review to set the record straight. How many salons out there can say they offer paid vacation days, a 401 k (that matches!) and health insurance? Not to mention the foot traffic, this is a high volume store, so there are a lot of opportunities to convert walk in's. Since under new management, the atmosphere is a lot more positive. She is motivating and approachable with anything from help with your numbers and goals or general concerns and the co-manger under her is just that as well. Almost every guest in my chair is on first name basis with him! It's awesome. Everyone in that store and salon have become family and I don't see near as much drama as I did a couple years ago and I just see the salon getting better with time and becoming elite again soon. The only complaint I have is that the salon needs a remodel. I'm starting to feel we look a little dated. Other than that, I enjoy it here and have no intentions of leaving unless I move out of state, and even then, I'd find another Ulta location to work for.
Productive and fun work environment.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Richfield, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great leadership, excellent opportunities to grow, great company support
A typical day at work involves opening registers, conducting budget analyzation for the day and week, checking e-mails, performing daily task duties, servicing guests, and helping employees achieve their daily goals. My years as a manager of Ulta taught me the importance of working as a team. Ulta is a "guest service" oriented company; we will do anything (within reason) to make sure the customer leaves happy. I enjoyed that this company gives me the opportunity to do what is right for the guest. I never found anything difficult about working here; I see everything as a learning opportunity. Everything takes some getting used to when you start a new career. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my employees grow within the company. I will teach anyone what I know, and I make sure it's a gratifying process.
High-end atmosphere with exciting clients and exciting product.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Cranberry, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: learning everyday, bettering myself by practicing patience and pushing myself to new limits.
Cons: working weekends
ULTA is an incredible company. I enjoy going into work every single day. My peers are always excited and ready to learn, as well as, teach new product advancements and techniques. Clients are extremely passionate about the store because we offer amazing services and amazing compassion for any issue.
Productive atmosphere with plenty to keep you busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good discount on products, you learn a lot about the industry
Cons: short breaks, scheduling issues
Work day is spent behind register or walking the floor and assisting customers with product questions. When working the mass cosmetics side it is a bit difficult because customers get frustrated not having testers, but that's standard. I learned a lot about products and makeup/skincare in the work environment which was nice. Management had some issues during my employment. A lot of head butting. Overall was a good job, and good work environment. Nice work atmosphere, easy to pick up on how things work, very friendly coworkers!
fun place to work, not enugh hours
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), corpus christi,txFebruary 11, 2015
was seasonal so I worked like crazy for only 2 days then worked maybe 10 hours a week, didnt even tell me that i wasnt working anymore just didnt put me on the schedule anymore. unprofessional in my opinion
This is a fun job.
salon coordinator/beauty advisor (Former Employee), sunset valley, txFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i found out that i'm really good at makeup and enjoy the beauty industry
Cons: had to force them to give you lunch break for hour when working 11 hour day
I loved the people. They made everyday a joy to go to work. I loved the clients that came in and always had a good time helping them find what they were looking for.
Did not like the way the company was run.
Prestige Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: management
The hardest part of the job was creating an experience for all clients within company standards. Not a company that was warm and fuzzy.
Middle of Mall
Task (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: location
I come in at 6am waiting on doors to open at 7am I come in clock in and have a meeting about the day then I start stacking the product up on the shelfs and then I would pick up the trash around my group take it out to the dumpster the go advertise the company and tell valued customers what we have in store for them and great deals we have .
fun and easy job to work at if you got any hours.
Beauty specialist, cashier, front desk (Former Employee), Carmel, INFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great discount, easy work
Cons: not enough hours
when i first got the job i was just a temporary employee. I was in a group with 25 other temporary employees to help open a brand new ulta. After we helped they picked me and 4 others to stay on permanently. my hours went from 40 a week, down to 5 a week. i tried to get more hours but there were none to pick up so i had to quit.
Fun and Challenging place to work for
Prestige Consultant/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Such a fun and inviting workplace. Enjoyed the constant training provided to better serve our customers. Always staying up to date with the assortment of product.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more