Ulta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search
Loved the opportunityof working there
Temp (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
Worked there as a temp but even with the small time frame I was there it was good. Loved the staff and how everything was managed.
I love working at ulta
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 24, 2016
I love working with ULTA. The company really shows appreciation for their workers and show thanks in many ways. I had the opportunity to do what I love while learning more about what I love ... MAKEUP! My managers and GM were so great and very accommodating with my schedule and understanding of my situation.
Pros
Discount, Fun Environment, Great Benefits, Room for advancement
Great new experiences
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 24, 2016
This job is very rewarding in the sense of being able to help your customers feel better about themselves and help with confidence. The management was stable but there were just a few slip ups along the way which is expected; I also loved my co-workers they made the job even better. The most enjoyable part of my job was not having to dread showing up because I loved what I was doing.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Short breaks
A well rounded company focus on customers needs.
Merchandiser Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 22, 2016
I would open the store making sure that all registers are turned on, and that every employee is aware of their daily tasks. Also attend to customers needs.
favorite place to work
LEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2016
This was the best job i've had, I loved the staff, I loved the store guest, I loved the job culture the company created, all of it made for a great work place. Unfortunately I was offered a different job, somewhere else with better pay. But if i could get paid more to work for Ulta I would have never left
Fun place to work.
Receptionist/Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 20, 2016
Managers and co workers are great; but the corporate side was terrible in making decisions. The atmosphere was fun and enjoyable and regular customers were nice.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Terrible pay long hours
Much better Beauty jobs out there
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 19, 2016
If you at all have counter experience or are serious about makeup applications and skincare, you may be let down with a career at Ulta. Most of the time, it feels like a waste of my skill, experience and education since we are not allowed to do much of anything but make suggestions to the customers and most likely get stuck at the register.
Benefits of Ulta!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 19, 2016
I've worked for Ulta for a little over a year and in two different stores. In both stores, the managers have been engaging and helped to drive employees' motivation by creating different types of competitions or recognitions for completing different amounts of sales goals or driving up the stores loyalty through issuing loyalty cards. The discount you recieve on makeup is amazing, but winning 'gratis,' also greatly improves worker's motivation for helping in completing store goals. Another great thing about Ulta is they give employees all of their breaks, without causing any issues! Other places I've worked in the past you might go all 8 hours without a single break- not even taking a lunch period if it was too busy. Ulta has definitely taught me a lot about sales, in addition to giving guests great customer service.
Pros
Makeup 'gratis' and discount; friendly co-workers; engaging managers; great training process.
Cons
very few full-time positions.
Loved meeting people and being able to do what I love
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 17, 2016
I learned new things everyday about makeup, customer service, and computers. The hardest part of the job was disappointing the customers that came in for a product that we did not have it in stock. My co-workers were very nice individuals we enjoyed working together as a team. Management was great! One of the reasons I worked for the company so long;I was hired for a seasonal position but things went well they did not want me to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help someone feel beautiful.
Pros
Performing make overs
Cons
too many split hours and pay grade way to low
Great place to work with friendly people
Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting people and finding the right skin care that meets their needs. The management team is phenomenal and very supportive. The co-workers are friendly people and I love to be there with them. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with an unset unsatisfied customer, but we always make the moment right. The most enjoyable part would be seeing the smile on the customers face as they walk out the door.

Want to know more about Ulta?

Ask a question
Beautiful and fun workplace with lots of Opportunities
Associate Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 16, 2016
I loved going to work everyday. Everyday there was new work to be done and something new to be learned. I was able to receive experience in every aspect of retail work and I fell in love with it. I had the most amazing and hard working employees and our team was more like a family than anything else. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the merchandise and ad sets redone every week to keep up to date. But we got it done every week and it always looked good. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with and sell products that I loved to personally use. It made relating to the customers a lot easier.
Pros
My employers were always right there with us helping us to succeed and do the very best we could do.
Cons
somewhat short staffed which made the work load difficult to complete some days.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 16, 2016
I love to put out shipments because I love seeing new and old products. Love to know more about make up and hair products and skin care. I love to help customer find what they like to use daily for their make up, hair, and skin.
Pros
Get to sample make up, hair products, and skin care
Cons
Hate to work holiday hours
Fun workplace with great opportunity for growth
Sales/ Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSMay 16, 2016
Great work atmosphere, wonderful customers, great management. The best part of working here was learning about all of the products information and benefits.
Pros
Loved the products I was responsible for selling
Cons
Couldn't work with school hours
Very nice pace to work, with plenty of room to grow with the company.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 15, 2016
This company offers insurance and benefits that a lot of other companies do not. They work with you on your schedule and are understanding and flexible to your needs. Everyone works as a team. Management is always there when you need them. There is so much diversity, and everyone gets along very well. It's just an overall great company and fun job!
Pros
Products galore! Every girl's dream place!
Cons
You'll spend your entire paycheck there if you're not careful!
Hateful Salon Staff.
Assistant Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMay 14, 2016
The Salon staff is the most unwelcoming group of people I have ever worked with in my life. There is a complete disconnect between the Retail Floor staff and The Salon staff. The Salon staff at the location I was placed were nothing less than cruel and unusual to the retail staff and anyone new who started in the salon. I was advised by the manager that due to my being new and her staff being so close nit... they would not be welcoming to me until I had been there a while and proved my worth to them. The staff sent me harassing messages about how I would never fit into their clique anyway and they were glad I left...even though they never even talked to me or gave me a chance. The manager never properly introduced me to the team...she just expected me to jump in and assist her with coaching without even getting to know the team. I would not recommend working for The Salon at ULTA unless you are catty and feed off of the hateful behavior of others around you. I know several girls that have left their jobs behind at ULTA (in tears) due to the hateful behavior from THE SALON staff...not the Retail staff. I do recommend the Retail floor for anyone who has a passion for makeup and making people feel great about themselves.
Great Learning Environment and Very Challenging
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
I would arrive early and prepare for my day by checking which children were due for their physicals. I had to organize my paperwork and organize children with medicaid insurance between the ages of 0-18. I would also assist the Medical Billing in submitting claims to insurances online. I also assisted in the calling center area by answering any questions patients had. Also directing phone calls to the proper office/person.
Pros
Fast paced
Great Workplace for Starting off Your Career
Lancôme Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 13, 2016
If you want to start your career in cosmetics and want to familiarize yourself with products and techniques, working at Ulta is an amazing opportunity. However, my location rarely grants days off for personal family matters. If you want a day off, you have to request it half a year in advance and even then you are almost guaranteed to be denied. At my location, the schedule constantly got changed, often with no warning beforehand. The saving grace is that I love my co-workers, we were all very close and could depend on each other, and the customers were overall a joy to work with.
Pros
Great way to learn more about cosmetics, Focus on education, Customers were often very nice, Coworkers are all very tight-knit
Cons
Never get approved for time off, constant schedule changes, General Management unprofessionalism
Organized, great management, great co-workers
Manager of Better Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMay 13, 2016
was working sales manager
Check inventory
greet customers
explained my position and how I could assist customer
my manager helped me further develop my customer relations skill
management was very approachable
co-workers were great to work with
not spending my entire paycheck on their products!
making big sales
Pros
overall great company to work for
Cons
closing
Great
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 12, 2016
I enjoy working here and learning about new items to better educate myself and the guest. It has gave me a lot of hands on experience with beauty products
Hard working and fun workplace
Lead Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYMay 12, 2016
All of the employees are extremely nice. We do all that we can to make each customer feel beautiful and happy with their purchases and experience at ULTA.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.