ULTA

ULTA Employer Reviews

Love makeup
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: no coverage
Great discount if you love makeup this is the place to work but it gets super crowded and it can be understaffed but lots of makeup to play with
Beauty Advisor
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Summerlin NVMarch 30, 2015
The ability able to help people is a rewarding opportunity. I enjoy assisting people and introducing them to new ways of doing things.
not a great steady or long term career
Hair Designer II (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: discount, friendly staff, the products
Cons: management, hours, greed, no confidentially
Worked as a stylist for 3 years in the salon and was the highest ranked. When manager position was available i applied and was told no because i needed more experience and was to young. Then they hired a manager that had not had their license that long ( less than half the years i had mine.) Very poor manager skills and only looked out for herself. Broke so many of Ulta's policies and when i reported them nothing was done. They also offered me a full time position and then 8 months later when i tried to use vacation time they never entered me in the system as full time so i had no vacation or sick time. Even though i worked full time hours every week i was considered part time. It was really sad and hard for me to put my notice in. Two weeks after i left the manager and a stylist were fired for drinking alcohol and serving it to the clients.
Growing business and industry leader
General Manager and Prestige Market Trainer (Current Employee), Marlton, NJMarch 29, 2015
Ulta is a great place to gain leadership and communication skills. It has been in operation for 25 years and is going stronger than ever.
fun workplace
Achievement of personal sales and service goals (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 29, 2015
daily consultations. must meet sales goals. greet every guest at ulta in an effective and timely manner. coworkers are friendly. you learn about skin care, hair care, and products. the hardest part of the job is not having enough coverage on the floor on a busy day.
enjoyed working with the people i worked with over the holiday
Sorter (Former Employee), chambersbiurg paMarch 26, 2015
a typical day at work was scan product bin then the product then find a placement for the product to be shipped out, enjoyed the co workers, just didn't enjoy the fact we worked through the holiday
Great team with tremendous opportunity to provide excellent customer service.
Associate Manager (People) (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great bonuses and teamwork.
Cons: Asked to come in on days off or to stay longer than scheduled.
A typical workday includes creating a fun atmosphere to work. The most challenging is finding exactly what type of personal items the guest is looking for.
Ok if you're starting out
Skin therapist (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free hair and skin services
Cons: Micromanagement. No money. Horrible commission
You get treated like a child. Try to tell you how to do your job even though you went to school for it and know more about the business then the "management" Poor GM got treated horribly. So disrespected by other managers. One assistant manager micromanaged so bad and tried to tell us our Salon manager wasn't our boss, but she was. Which is false. She was not liked by anyone at our store. Didn't know how to schedule us properly. No support what so ever. This is definitely not a long term career in our industry. They treat you like criminals every time you walk out the door. God forbid you ask for a break or even grab a drink of water! I didn't go to school to sell cheap make-up. I went to school to teach people the importance of skin care. The GM and the salon staff were amazing! But I'm happy to be out of there! Oh and this supposedly "great training" not true. Not once did I get any of these perks they supposedly have. This is also the worst commission out there. And you also loose money because of those stupid coupons.
Great Place to work!
Lead Cashier/ Prestige (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 22, 2015
If you are make up and beauty oriented I highly recommend this job. Whether you are a beauty consultant or a prestige consultant, you will love this job and helping those find the products they love and want.
Not the best place to work
Associate Manager of People (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 20, 2015
I had a lot of trouble with the HR department they made me feel very singled out and helpless. I do not wish to disclose much information about ULTA because the company truly destroyed by thoughts on managment in a retail environment and I would highly recomend for people to steer clear of this company
Good Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Eureka, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great products, decent people to work around.
Cons: short hours unless management or in salon.
Ulta can be a little challenging, but a good challenge. Work hard daily and you could go far. Typical work day can consist of busy cash wrap lines, helping guests with their needs, stocking and facing products, directing guests or guest calls to the appropriate manager or salon. Management is great as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job here is the short hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is a smile on a guest who may not have had a good day until coming in contact with me or my co-workers.
Had a lot of make up
Skin Therapist/Sales Representative/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Fairlawn, OHMarch 20, 2015
The management is horrible. I basically taught myself the skin treatments. My co-works were okay, most were petty and unprofessional, others were nice and professional. The hardest part was being around my co-workers that caused drama all the time. they would talk horrible about you behind you're back. The most enjoyable was getting to play around with make up all day.
Manager micro manged everyone poor morale
Prestige Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield, INMarch 19, 2015
Pros: discounts, make-up customer interaction
Cons: management, half to beg for breaks and some time get grief for it!
i worked for Ulta as a prestige MAnager for 10 months, loved my job, servicing guests, got great feedback via online survey.
However, the young gen manager I felt was threatened
by my knowledge and 15 years of experience 10 in man agent. She wanted no feedback on how to get moral up and treating guests as customers, she became very defensive. She came to me with an unethical accusation a new people manager had with a associate. When questioned about it and it's unprofessional she quickly blamed the associate instead of manager. She apologized when she realized her actions were unfactual and blamed the innocent employee. I spoke w employee she called hotline and complained no response. I then said that this was a defamation of character and I'd like to set and discuss this. She became frantic and said I should have got al facts I'm sorry. I still wanted to talk to upper dm etc. the next day she said we including DM will sit and discuss, but I must not talk to anyone till she got back from mini vacation, after that and my few days up I was sitting with her and loss prevention. Basically she did everything in her power even using product I bought gave they did not mark and I brought in and immediately gave to management, she let it sit for months while I asked can u please confirm so I can take. It was a total set up because of her unethical inexperienced practices. She is always late verified by employees and management yet wrote others up for it. She did not have to clock in. I asked for a transfer prior to her due to accusations as well as dm everything was fine and then she retaliated. I would absolutely not reccomend the Plainfield location.....
Productive and fun place to work
Lancome Counter Manager (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXMarch 19, 2015
Overall, this is a good company to work for. However, I do wish that management would help employees pursue further advancement in the company. Day-to-day duties take over long-term goals.
Fun work environment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 18, 2015
I love working with all my coworkers and managers to help customers find what they are looking for. I am always finding and trying to products that I like and I love getting to share that information with others.
Worked there for the discount only
Team Member (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
Pros: discount, holiday discount
Cons: poor compensation
I loved the girls I worked with but there is no room to move up. Compensation is poor and I hated doing inventory. Inventory trucks would arrive at 6am which sucked in the winter.
Busy enviornment with great people
Merchant Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Marquette, MIMarch 16, 2015
Pros: busy working environment
A typical day at ULTA Beauty as the Merchant Sales Coordinator includes chat-in/chat-out's with employees, coordinating tasking and customer service, solving employee and customer issues or complains, opening/closing procedures, and completing daily tasks.
Fun, more about business
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Gambrills, MDMarch 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Ulta because of my experiences and knowledge I have gained. Going into Ulta I thought I would learn more about products and receive more product training. Compared to Sephora, Ulta is definitely more about the business side rather than the beauty side.
prissy management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fun atmosphere, good discount
Cons: management
great job but management ruins it. older ladies who dont relate to recent fashion culture and arent understanding of much of anything if its not exactly what they want. very prissy and they pick and choose who they like, and then those who ARE liked are given special priveledge while those who arent are treated bitchily. AWFUL JOB. you are also supposed to look out for the company and their money more so than the customer. they act like they have you and your wallets best interest but they wont even let associates provide a coupon if you forgot yours.
dont stay long
Cashier (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: you have freedom for another job
Cons: rude
not a lot of hours for the employees, your only full time if you are in management. Not enough cashiers for the customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more

ULTA Salaries