ULTA

ULTA Employee Reviews

worked here for seasonal
Cashier (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXJuly 30, 2015
I had a seasonal position during the winter season. The work environment was fun because I love makeup, and I wish I could've advanced to another position but there wasn't one available after the holiday.
Perfect for the makeup lovers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJuly 29, 2015
Pros: discount, management
Cons: lack of hours
Good management, treats their employees fairly.
Hard and fast lines of what you can and cannot do.
Not nearly as catty as I thought it would be (working with all women).
Discount is FABULOUS.
You get to be yourself.
fun
Cashier/Trainer/Customer Service (Current Employee), phoenix azJuly 29, 2015
Loved working here loved my managers and they work with your schedule if you have another job or go to school and you receive awesome gratis .
Ulta was a cool company to work for especially if you like make up and beauty products!
General Manager (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, gratis, people
Cons: small box store so hours can be long if someone calls in sick.
The pay was adequate for the size of the store. It is tough to run a salon along with the store, but I found it interesting to learn that biz too. As a store manager one of the fun things was going to the store manager conference and getting all the free gratis!
It can be challenging as a General Manager because you may be the only salaried person in the building so you make up for hours when someone calls in sick.
NA
LOVE THE POEPLE I WORK WITH
MANAGEMENT IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING
Exciting!
Associate Manager (Current Employee), NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: FUN and BEAUTY
Cons: Not good Pay and hours can get cut
I love what i do but its alot for not alot of pay! Operations and tasking will take up most of your time! But there is always something new and exciting!
Fun Workplace
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: difficult customers
Overall, I enjoy working at Ulta. A typical day will consist of front facing the store, completing transactions, advising customers on different products, and keeping the front clean and organized.

I learned a great deal of patience in dealing with customers and keeping calm in difficult or hectic situations.

I feel greatly supported by management and have developed a personal bond with them. I feel the same way about my co-workers as well.

The hardest part about this job is dealing with customers who get upset about policies that are not in my control.

The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with customers who are willing to learn about new products and are interested in the knowledge and skills that I have.
Amazing opportunities to grow a career
Salon Designer (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 23, 2015
Pros: benefits for a salon
Cons: late work hours
The store works as a team to deliver excellent customer service to clients and customers. Working here has given me the opportunity to advance my career in ways I couldn't believe.
your beauty destination
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2015
-running the sales floor 6-8 hours a day
-how to work with each brand
-management is strong
-co-workers are nice and friendly
-the hardest part of the job is not being able to be trained like you are needed too
-working with the customers and making their day
Exciting and Fast paced work.
Guest Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: location far from my house.
A typical day at work is making sure every guest is provided with a "wow" experience. Employees must ensure guest are happy and help them with their needs.
Working at Ulta
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Fast pace, free education, store discount, business building tools
Cons: Not all management is on the same page
A typical day at Ulta is a fast paced day filled with customers. Each day I learn something new whether it is about the company or what I can do to grow my business. The salon manager is very into helping everyone achieve their goals and growing their business.
Mainly a good job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 21, 2015
I very much loved working there. I worked there for about 6 months and was promoted to a part time manager. Our management team is awesome very motivating.
great co workers and great hours
Lead Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: the ladies I work with
Cons: the public
It is a very enjoyable work environment and the hours are perfect for my life. It does take a toll on you dealing with the public every day for quite a few years.
Very fun place to work with fun girls-horrible pay
Receptionist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: underpaid
I loved talking hair and makeup all day and had fun with the other employees. Awesome staff and managers were very sweet and fun. Team meetings always fun. Underpaid and store was always understaffed. People don't want to come into the store if they have to wait 20min in the line at the cash registers because only one cashier is on. Floor was always a mess. Not enough help for customers on floor. Loss prevention was horrible.
Not enough pay or hours
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Sunset Valley, TxJuly 15, 2015
Pros: work with make up
Cons: pay
This job would be more fun if I knew I was making enough money to live or if i had enough hours to make enough money. I have only been getting about 11 hours a week.
good company to work for
Associate Manager/General Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Falls, IAJuly 14, 2015
Good company, just ready to advance in my area of expertise. good work environment, lots of new faces, and good perks.

day to day operations are good and its a pretty smooth running company.

co workers are easy to get along with.

gratis is a great perk and best part of the job!
Productive and progressive work enviornment that allowed for self expression.
Select Staffing - Temporary Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: fun enviornment with free product and special lunch days
A typical day at ULTA Beauty in the pricing department consisted of using Report Manager and SAP to print label and update product pricing, as well as testing promotional ads into Micros to ensure proper functionality
A typical day at work
Prestige Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Ability to put your own creative aspect in events, flexibility with hours, strong partnerships with vendors; business meetings.
Cons: Short coverage
Working for Ulta keeps you constantly busy. Whether tasking, coaching, assisting guests with their needs; there is never a time to stand around and do nothing.
Good workplace with customer service opportunities
Designer (Current Employee), Kennewick, waJuly 13, 2015
This job entitles helping customers find products, perform hair, skin, or nail services up to standards, be friendly, upbeat, polite and courteous.
Fun, hip, and interesting place to work.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Saginaw, MiJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible, professional, the system works.
Cons: Very serious environment.
On a typical day I would keep the store tidy while interacting with customers. I would maintain current knowledge about products as well as specials in store. I learned how to interact on a professional level more socially. The management was very organized and helpful while co-workers were reliable. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the organization of merchandise. The most enjoyable part was the opportunity to interact with new people everyday in such an appealing environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates┬ásome 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more

ULTA Salaries