ULTA

ULTA Employee Reviews

It was an okay place to work but temporary
Task (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 3, 2015
Pros: 35% off for employee week, 25% off every other day, fun coworkers.
as a task, we set up the store for a grand opening. not many chances of advancement since they said they would keep us but didn't. overall it was pretty fun working there. nice discounts off makeup as well. the coworkers are really nice and the managers were too.
Ulta
Salon Guest Coordinator (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at Ulta Beauty Salon is arriving early and I start to organize and clean the store to get it ready for opening and the guest. Once the guest arrive I check them in and inform the hair stylist. I've learned to have a lot of patience in this job because I am dealing with all types, I learned how to read facial expressions. Being the salon guest coordinator is slightly difficult at times but enjoyable at most, because I am dealing with so many different personalities and also by becoming closer to the guest it gives me chance to sell to the customers as well.
Poor attitudes/unprofessional management
Beauty advisor (Former Employee), Weatherford, txJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Salon discounts
Cons: leadership, training, organization
there is a lack of professionalism and common courtesy here. there are a lot of catty like attitudes. micromanagement is a problem as well. unless you are a licensed makeup artist you will not be doing makeup on people in fact you will be on the register 90% of your time. the pay is minimal. the average person working here gets between 12 and 15 hours per week. it is also a rotating schedule so each week will be different. any company I worked for that has had the rotating schedule always had attendance problems and scheduling conflicts and when you get called to cover someone else's shift and can't do it you are met with attitude. all in all for this location in weatherford texas I would say it's not worth your time you can get more hours and make more money working for another business.
overall review
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 7 miles from home
Cons: working weekends and holidays
LOVED the girls and environment of the beauty industry, great customers and close to home. Great team atmosphere, was looking for a new challenge after being in the retail world for over 17 years
Not a fun place to work
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 1, 2015
ULTA is super boring if you work in the Salon there. My boss was very rude to me and criticized the way I did my own hair. I was not impressed and never had any clients at all. It was a good thing I got paid hourly because I worked there for 2 months and had probably 10 clients total.
Nice place to as long I was not bothered about the small stuff.
Salon Manager / Salon Assistant / Master Stylist (Former Employee), Katy, TXJune 30, 2015
I was the management, I managed five salons at one but good enought for the stylist cause they were out ot get my job. But all they had to do is ask for it and I would have given it to them. Cause I was getting tired of working 24/7.
Excellent salon and corporation to work for.
Stylist (Current Employee), Bloomington ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: High volume salon, easy to convert shoppers, decent pay structure, ample opportunity for advancement.
If money is your main priority, then ULTA is the place for you. I don't mind working the hours, our store is pretty good about letting us have a rational amount of time to rest through out the day. The tips are excellent and the store is always pulling in foot traffic which makes it easy to convert shoppers to the salon. Management is fine, they follow all the rules and are very goal oriented with high expectations. If you make money, they make money, as a corporation what else is to be expected? I thoroughly enjoy working here and the high energy environment keeps me going all day.
Helped me know the different ways to help others
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJune 30, 2015
When putting on customers make up and helping it really helped me realize that everyone is different and they each need to be treated with special care
Loved most of it
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJune 26, 2015
Loved working in the east, and the oppurtunities were great. Moved to the north region and didn't think the environment was as good.
A great place to work
Arch Expert (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJune 26, 2015
I love working at Ulta , by far my favorite place to work.
Some of the mangers can be overbearing , and there is a strong vibe from the management that you need to prove your worth & seems like they are not so accepting of you , but if you stay with it & do actually prove your worth , the rewards overshadow everything else . My store ended up having a close knit group of individuals , with a strong atmosphere of feeling like family .
Working for ULTA
Distribution and Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 24, 2015
During the time I spent working at ULTA, overall I enjoyed it.
I met a lot of great new people and was blessed with new opportunities that came out of working there. I loved working with all the new and current beauty products and looked forward to coming to work everyday.
Gives you plenty of resources to grow with the company. Hires externally often though
Assistant Manager of People (Current Employee), S, TxJune 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: mediocre pay
Retail is a high stress job no matter where you are. You really have to be patient with lots to do and not a lot of labor hours to do it with. There are a lot of resources provided to learn about other positions within the company. Opportunities can be limited if you are not willing to relocate. They take external applicants much more seriously for management positions than internal ones.
ulta
Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 24, 2015
A typical day at Ulta is me opening the store and doing opening paper work, opening the registers making sure opening tasks are done before the store open at 10am, cheat-inn so that everybody know what they doing through out the day. GEMing (walking around the store making sure guest are doing ok) Taking care of returns. Answer phone when guest call making salons appointments. What I learned from Ulta how to handle difficult situation weather its a unhappy guest or tasks my general manager may have given me. My management team and co-workers is a hard working motivating team. I have learned so much from them, build friendships with some of them. The hardest part of my job is when I do not have enough coverage that's when co-worker and guest seemed to need me the most so I have to be at 20 different places at once. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is meeting so many different vendors and learning the different brands and trying new products.
It was a fun environment for the most part..
Beauty advisor (Former Employee), midvale, UtahJune 23, 2015
Pros: Getting new samples and gratis
Cons: you cant make any hours, benefits are not that great
I like how before we started work we got together and talk about our goals that are set for the day. My managers were encouraging and they did want us to do the best we could.
The hardest part about the job I didn't like was that we just had too many sales pitches and having customers trying to come to our events when they are at the registers. I felt it overwhelmed the customers cause most of them wanted to just pay for their stuff and go. There was about 5 or 6 things we needed to tell them about plus our events. What I liked most about the job was getting to learn about new products and everyday was a new learning experience in the beauty world.
As a Ulta Salon Manager
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJune 23, 2015
Pros: Awsome business detailed outlineA great opportunity as a stylist to build a clientell
A typical day would consist of
Ensuring i am a ambassador and an example for my team
Reviewing and responding to emails
Reviewing the forecast for the week and so on.
Adjusting schedules to accommodate up and coming forecast and events.
Setting goals, for myself salon, and team
Coaching staff
Playing the host making customers feel welcome and satisfaied
Normal salon activity
Productive and fun work place
Prestige Consultant (Former Employee), Maywood, NJJune 22, 2015
Cons: Most of the workers are part time, except management. Sometimes, if the store is not making their goal, your hours can be cut.
Ulta is an exciting place to work. There are a variety of cosmetics. Something for everyone in their price range. Management and colleagues are a pleasure to work with. The guest are very pleasant.
Doesn't care about people
General Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: discount of 25%
Cons: Negative upper management with poor corporate values. No training
I was a General Manager for a short while. The company values pushing product at the expense of the employee. I ran a single free standing store that embraced difference and valued ongoing development. The corporate culture valued pushing sales. They gave limited payroll and asked me to fire employees to cut hours only to hire new ones a few weeks later. I ran a very profitable store with double didgit increases yet had staff cut constantly.
Fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deerfield, ILJune 22, 2015
If you're interested in cosmetics, very fun place to work.
Great rewards for doing well on the job.
If it isn't a busy work day, there isn't much to do unless if you are higher up in the company. (such as a GM)
Culture Driven
General Manager (Current Employee), River Forest, ILJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great relationships made.
Cons: Work life balance
Culture driven environment, great executive staff, lack of growth potential. Lack of training for internal promotions.
Productive place to work, new items come in all the time
Task Team/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJune 19, 2015
Pros: Team work, comfortable work environment
Cons: lack of hours and no benefits if you were part time.
I did stocking so I stocked all merchandise and ran the register when I was needed. I learned how to apply make up and how to use all the tools to use. My co workers were awesome and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours which I had to find another job to live on. The most enjoyable part was seeing all the new brands and trying out to products that came in so I could tell my customers all about them.

1 2 3 4 5

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates┬ásome 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more

ULTA Salaries