Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 2,015 reviews matching the search
Poor Management
Associate Manager Operations (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 25, 2017
Upper management does not care about development within the team. They do not think training is important therefore no one is properly trained. Management is very selfish and not understanding
Pros
Vacation Time and Pay
emotionally draining
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 25, 2017
Ive been working at ulta since 2015 and its been almost 2 years since i started. this job has made me depressed given me anxiety and it is completely inconsiderate to your work flexibility. They don't know how to schedule properly or accommodate to your schedule.
Pros
Cons
short break, no pto, you don't get paid time and a half for holidays
Designer 1 (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INJune 24, 2017
I love working for ULTA. My coworkers are amazing, and the atmosphere is very positive, and family like environment. I love that I get to do what I love all the time.
Pros
Discounts, skin services, and the training
Fun, fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 23, 2017
Fair pay, amazing discounts, great incentives, tons of education offered, room to grow with the company, endless opportunities! Would definitely recommend this job!!
productive and fun enviornment
ASM, Merchandising Manager and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJune 23, 2017
Always learning things, everything from better makeup application to better management and leadership skills. All of this makes for a much more fun work environment which creates excellent employees and loyal guests.
Ulta
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 22, 2017
ULTA BEAUTY was and is a dream job. For a fanatic of makeup and beauty and skin care, who wouldn't want to work there. Customer service is always great we put our guest as our number one priority and the fact that we can grow within the company is always amazing.
Fun and welcoming co-workers
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 22, 2017
Working at ULTA is very enjoyable and time passes very fast. The team is very friendly and welcoming to new members. I had an easy transition when I began working there; the team trained me and helped me feel comfortable.
Pros
Positive environment, weekly schedules
fun environment
Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2017
Amazing work place where you get to interact with different customers. Every day was something new and came with new challenges to experience and learn from.
Pros
play with makeup
Cons
no holidays off
Great work environment distributing make-up
Warehouse Shipping Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
I experienced a chance of a life time by being a good worker because they brought it out of me by being enthusiastic, kind and helpful. We had events that catered to the needs of everyone. And every employee was accommodated accordingly
Productive , Fast pace Enviroment , Different areas to learn and grow with the company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJune 22, 2017
Beauty consultations on how to pick the best product that matches the customers skin tone , hair texture and skin care, different products to customers depending on their skin type , hair type and providing knowledge on different ingredients and vitamins in products to customer satisfaction
Fun place to work at
Associate Manager of people (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Learned many techniques.
Has many values as a company.
Worked around my schedule with school.
I Did not get any holidays off and barely any weekends.
Overall good place to work
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 21, 2017
If you love working with makeup, Ulta is the job for you. It combines your makeup skills with work making it a fun environment. It does not involve much physical labor. It is also a pretty easy job to learn
Pros
Fun, decent pay, easy to learn
Cons
Management was kinda unorganized
very productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PA 17201June 21, 2017
fast pace environment staff always helpful supervisors are great benefits are outstanding. you can advance as long as you work hard and give your all.
Not very fun
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJune 21, 2017
Probably my least favorite job ever! So many rules and had some of my favorite lipsticks confiscated because the green dot rule wasn't really explained in my on-boarding. You think you get tons of free samples, but in my 7 months I got two free drugstore makeup items , and maybe 5 or 6 free ulta brand products upon hiring
Would recommend
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 20, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Ulta. Great company, with great people. Not too many hours though, which became my greatest issue, but better pay rate starting out than I had when I left my previous job I had been at for a year and a half.
Fun yet professional work environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 20, 2017
Great environment and fun people all around doing the things you love the most! On a typical work day, it's quite busy but manageable. It's all in all a simple job
Pros
Great benifits, and great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Eh
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 20, 2017
It's retail, you can't expect much. My floor managers were amazing. Their expectations seem to be outrageous though with the lack of training they provide.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude customers
fun place to work at pay sucks!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJune 19, 2017
very fun environment you get to know when all the good thing are coming out! 50%off salon. If you are like me and like makeup and helping people finding products great from them. Handling transactions. Returns. Only unpleasant thing was doing truck (shippment) especially around holidays staying super late.
Cons
short breaks
Productivity, fast pasted,
Distro Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
Has a good work place culture and values. What I enjoyed most about my job was the flexibility good opportunities to learn new and exciting things in the work place. There wasn't really anything hard about my daily duties.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Good Job
Merchandise Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2017
It is a good job, they provide great tools for you to be able to move up in the company. Very strict policies set in place for employees. Not steady work for part time employees if you are looking for a consistent schedule.