Ulta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,364 reviews matching the search
work anywhere but ULTA
Associate Manager Of Operqations (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSAugust 1, 2016
ULTA is run by part time employees! dms and corporate won't do their jobs and investigate allegations but will come in and separate quality managers based on part time employees false accusations.
Pros
Cons
everything
I love Ulta but they favor
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJuly 27, 2016
Favors employees, such a huge company but they never fix a situation. when contacting HR nothing gets fixed either.
hope they focus on their hard workers and not surpass the good ones that seek other employment over small issues.

come on ulta listen to your employees that been here longer!
Pros
some gratis, flexible
Cons
weekends
Don't do it
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJuly 26, 2016
Issaquah management is a joke and everyone is jumping ship. If you want a job you can enjoy and grow with. This is not your job. It's a completely dead end job. If you want to not get scheduled hours and get scheduled without being told. This would be your job. Bad discount to.
Pros
Make up applications
Cons
No hours, bad management, no opportunity for growth
Horrible management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 25, 2016
Very very slow store, and sales expectations were unrealistic. Crazy stuff going on like management stalking associates on social media to try and get them written up. Doors were not opened for employees until exactly opening time, yet we were expected to be there at 10 minutes till, to be prepared for our day? Morale was very low, due to management looking for something wrong with every employee every single day. It was too the point that many of the employees felt anxious everyday going to work. If you like being told one thing one day, and having another manager switch it up on you, then this is the place for you. No one is ever on the same page. Rules are made up as they go along. Promises are made to employees, and not followed thru on. For example if someone goes to training out of town, and is promised reimbursement for expenses, then they should be paid in a timely manner. Nope not this store, employees were made to wait months, to the point that a new training session would be approaching, and they still had not been paid! and I am not talking about $50 it was more like $200. I could go on and on, but I think that anyone reading this will get the message loud and clear. These had to be the most unprofessional group of people I have ever experienced.
Pros
Great Co-workers (non-management)
Cons
NO breaks, girls standing until they were practically fainting from hunger
Bad experience
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  TXJuly 23, 2016
I am currently an employee with Ulta Beauty and never in a million years had I thought I'd write a review on any job experience. But the reviews are so accurate it's horrible and upper mamangememt does not do well with communicating or training employees. Favoritism is key role and HR does nothing to support hostile work environments. If working there and your experiencing a unfair work environment I suggest getting a tape recorder and opening a case with EEOC for discrimination. This company should take care of ALL employees!!!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Can't wait to leave
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 22, 2016
I've been at Ulta for quite some time now and although I love most of the girls I work with, I have been cheated out of my pay, been told I was in line to be promoted since February and it is July and there is always a reason why they can't promote me at the moment, girls who have been there for only 2 months, late to work consistently, called out numerous times, missed shifts, and don't do anything while working have been promoted over me even though I have only called out twice, come in countless times on my days off, stayed late, came in early, worked my butt off for them, and always do what they ask of me. I learned I was being underpaid compared to other associates in my same position by $1.75 an hour which makes a big difference when you're trying to pay your way through college with a $7.25/hr budget. Don't ever count on management helping you advance because there's only a 2% chance you ever will. Don't ever work for Ulta. You will be treated like dirt and it's not worth your time and effort.
Pros
Gratis, discount
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, disrespectful associates, unfair treatment, manager bias, LOW pay, no advancement opportunities
Fun enviroment to work in
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 21, 2016
since I started working at ulta i've learn many new things. the environment is pretty fast paced you have to help multiple customers
Loved my job, hated mangement
Merchandise and Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2016
Working as a MSC I was the lowest manager on the totem pole but had as much responsibility as the rest. Was only part time so did not get the same benefits but had to work just as hard, even harder, than the other managers. Company was not willing to help me transfer position when I moved out of state. HR prides themselves on "CARING" for employee but received absolutely no help nor felt cared for. General manager was the worst when it came to communication and refused to communicate any "confrontational" information.
Pros
fun makeup culture.
Cons
no advancment oppurtiunites, not willing to help, no communication
Fun place to work if you have the right management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  NjJuly 20, 2016
I worked there over a year , loved it at first ..until we got a new manager. There was always rivalry and rudeness from some upper management but it was still acceptable at first . Until we got a new manager , she was very rude , paranoid of everyone stealing her job , short with you , and tried to get rid of all the workers that were already there , just because she and the other manager before used to be friends and now hated each other I suppose , I can't remember her name but the head manager of some of the stores was pretty young and also rude . The samples were great , the guests were great , liked most of the people I worked with. There is room to move up , you just have to be extremely cutthroat and fake. If you work in a low volume store it can also be very boring.
Pros
Samples, guests
Cons
Cutthroat, very little hours, can be boring, Managment!!!
Fast pacing and continually changing
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 19, 2016
A fact growing company, but I high turn over rate. Valued for being a consumer loved company. However employee appreciation has decreased. Not valued as an individual.
Pros
Great benefits, work with a diverse group of people
Cons
Not as employee centric, lack of comminication from upper management
Overall a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, CAJuly 19, 2016
It's a good place to work.Meet customers, provide good customer service and give them the fabulous experience every day.
Great store to shop in but don't work there!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2016
Oppressive work environment. Work 60 to 70 hours a week no breaks /no lunch. High turnover in associate MGR due to workload and unrealistic expectations. Upper management is very condescending and unprofessional, acts childish and shows favoritism towards younger GMs. High volume successful store with double digit increases. Never a thank you, always what you're doing wrong never what you're doing right. Nothing is ever good enough. Does not acknowledge team members.
Pros
Pretty store, great cosmetics and brand partners.
Cons
Zero work-life balance, no appreciation for hard work and loyalty, rudeness and favoritism from DM.
Good Benefits
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 19, 2016
The management was not very nice and I wasn't paid what I deserved. I worked very hard for very little and had to do work that was outside my job description like stocking the shelves when I was hired as a stylist.
Great company to work for.
Associate Manager/Prestige Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 18, 2016
Ulta is a vast growing company who values it's employees. Through my 6 years working for the company I have gained vast knowledge of how the retail management position works. I have been able to excel and accomplish many goals. I have truly enjoyed working for the company.
Enjoyable
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers greatly. The people were extremely nice and the atmosphere was good, I was not a fan of how the managers treated you at times. Mostly lied too, instead of being treated like adults. A typical day, was enjoying my work family, and working hard to get your job done. It was pretty easy. I learned a lot about myself in many ways.
Good option for a temporary job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJuly 18, 2016
I liked working at Ulta. They pay a bit more than minimum wage to start and it was fun working with beauty supplies. However, they keep hours to minimum and hire too many workers. There is room for advancement because people don't stay too long. Truck day is tough, lots of heavy lifting and hard work. Overall, its a good job, just not one I would want to dedicate my life to.
Poor management
Skin Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 16, 2016
Management was poor, showed favoritism. Did not practice what they preached. Very mean. It was a bad experience all the way around
Cons
No awards, no bonus, no raise
Wonderful
Prestige Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 16, 2016
learned a lot and made a lot of great memories. great surroundings. positive atmosphere. loved my job everyone is happy and cheerful
Corporation that care
SALON MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WAJuly 14, 2016
Working for Ulta is and was the most rewarding career that I have ever had. I loved the culture and the environment. I love the continued education and the dedication of everyone involved in the success of each store and salon.
Pros
on going education
Fun Environment
Clinique Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 13, 2016
Great environment to work if you love makeup and working with people. Always get to learn more about new products, and interact with different types of people to gain more experience in the beauty industry
Cons
Management, No Advancements