Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 2,016 reviews matching the search
Good Job
Merchandise Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2017
It is a good job, they provide great tools for you to be able to move up in the company. Very strict policies set in place for employees. Not steady work for part time employees if you are looking for a consistent schedule.
Productive and fun work place
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 19, 2017
I really like working here. I love to interact with my customer with new products we have on the shelves. You only wear black and white which make getting ready for work easy. There make up all over the place so you never go bare and you also get to try new when the come to the store
Pros
You get to try new products in the store
Cons
Not many hours in the store
cashier
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 19, 2017
ok work environment. job is very simple, you help customers all day. management was relaxed, didn't bother anyone. Discounts were a plus. downside the pay
day to day
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
The lead cashier position is responsible for maintaining guest service as per company standard, is responsible for the efficient expedition of all guest transactions as well as ensuring guest satisfaction at the service desk and proper control of all cash and media materials in a superstore.
Fast Growing Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 19, 2017
Ulta is a fast growing company that offers a lot of opportunities in a wide range of functions. Compensation is competitive, and includes a bonus structure and 401k contribution. there is a downtown office that employees are able to use 1 day a week, which is more convenient for those living in the city than the main campus in Bolingbrook.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
N/a
A great place to learn logistics.
Equipment Operator/QA (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
I started with Ulta as an equipment operator and is now a part of the QA team. I have learned different functions and has gained a ton of responsibilities.
Pros
Close to home
Great place to work, fun atmosphere
Part Time Merchandise and Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2017
A fun place to work with a great atmosphere. The beauty advisors and management are friendly and always helpful. I love learning about all the latest beauty products and the gratis is great so we can advise the customers on what we think about the products.
Pros
learn about new products, gratis, fun people to work with
Cons
no insurance, no full time positions available unless top mgmt
Do not recommend carmel location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Ulta in Carmel for the first 2 months, then a new manager was hired and she was awful. The staff changed drastically after she was hired and many people quit because of the way she ran things which was insufficiently.
demanding and unrealistic goals
Prestige Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 18, 2017
Bad raises, not appreciate of the work done above and beyond. Constantly always scheduled closing shifts, I had numerous conversations of these problems and nothing was done. The said they would referring to the two GM's I spoke to and DM.
Pros
free makeup
Cons
Strict and obnoxious regulations no warnings
It's a great place to work if your younger.
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 17, 2017
I've only worked there for about a few months and it's not what I thought it was like. You kind of have to learn everything your own. Management sucks
Pros
Cons
Management is terrible
productive and a fun envoirment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 16, 2017
I love working at ulta. I've learned a lot with making sure that the customers get that WOW experience. Management is just like any other place of work. They're some good ones and bad ones. most importantly everyone gets along. There really isn't a hard part of my job. I do what i'm told and that's it. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers feel beautiful.
Pros
amazing atmosphere
Cons
not enough pay
Fun!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 16, 2017
Getting paid to play with makeup? Yes, please!! Super fun as a part time or temporary job but advancement takes a while. Great vendors and perks so try it out.
Pros
Makeup!
Cons
Snotty customers
Ulta pays well and has decent benefits. Poor work life balance and every job description you do more than expected to keep your job.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 16, 2017
Ulta seems like an incredible place to work and they speak to having a great culture. It's all politics, over working with no payroll, higher up will lie to get you to do whatever needed and then not care about you as a person. You devote a great amount bc of all the beautiful things they sell and seems exciting and the when you work for them you see and feel a disappointment you didn't see coming.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance, management
Depends on the location you work for!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 15, 2017
I worked for the Ulta in Albany, NY and had a pretty good experience. However I had a terrible experience on Staten Island, NY. Basically if your loyalty (data capture) isn't 80% or higher, you lose hours and lost opportunities to advance (even if it is from beauty advisor to prestige beauty advisor). Don't sell yourself short, apply for the higher position cuz they hire anyone from the outside but it will take forever to be promoted from within.
Pros
Discount is 25% off all products and 50% off brow and hair services
Cons
Loyalty of the whole store has to be high in order to get more hours to work.
Warehouse
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 15, 2017
Atmosphere was not ideal, there were numerous times I had trouble with payroll and was not compensated for my work for at least 2 weeks at a time. I do not feel as though this company is an ideal place to work because some of the staff and employees are not fair with certain things.
Not a Great Place to Work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 15, 2017
My shifts are typically 4 hours long. You get shifts based on how many people you can sign up for the Ulta rewards program. No employees are working full time at my location because we are so cheap. A lot of our policies upset customers. I chose this job because I wanted an environment where I could express myself.
Pros
20% Discount on products, Expressive environment
Cons
Skipped Training, No One is Full-Time, Very Competitive with Little to No Reward, Low Pay
Fun Place to work
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 15, 2017
Ulta is a great place to work. The company is always growing and very innovative. My only suggestion would be more payroll for one, better customer experience and two, less turnover due to burnout.
Pros
Fun place to work, great benefits
Cons
High turnover, more payroll for better customer service
Don't work if you want a life
Stock lead (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 14, 2017
Do not work here if you want a life or have a family. Terrible at having compassion for employees or training at all. Would never go back or refer anyone
ok job
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 14, 2017
my day consist of 5 am shifts of stock and stock the floor and back stocking product. sometimes youll cashier but not often but when you do, signing people up for rewards cards is the goal.
Ulta
Master Designer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 14, 2017
Ulta is a company with many opportunities for growth. Whether you are looking to improve yourself, your business or your knowledge of other products and services.