Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 1,839 reviews matching the search
A Good Learning Experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 23, 2017
Working at Ulta Beauty was a good learning experience for me in terms of learning to do make-up in different ways on a more broad customer clientele. Learning the more retailed part of customer service opened up my knowledge well.
company is ran by bullies
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 23, 2017
aweful upper management. no room to grow. work day consisted of high goals that no one could reach and if they were met no praise was done for anything!
Very fun place to work and build your skill
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORApril 23, 2017
I loved what I did and the team I had. Never a boring day and it was always fun to go to work. Vendors always continued our education in new brands...
Pros
employee discount, vendor support, gratis
Fun place to work at.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 23, 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work at . It had continue education free lunch occasionally and the customer were GREAT. The manager that I work with was FANTASIC.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work at.
Cons
getting used to new management
Fun, Great Place to Work
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHApril 23, 2017
Fun, Great Place to Work.
Great Company, Products, Customers & Overall Job.

Daily Duties
-Customer Service
-Sales Goals
-Color Matching
-Makeup Application
-Shipment
-Displays
Pros
Gratice
Cons
Short Breaks
Everything is very great and positive
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 22, 2017
Ulta Beaty is a very positive place to work, with great people to work with. Managers do just as much and work just as much as the employees. Everyone is always happy and working together as one to get things done even in the busiesttimes.
Pros
Great attitudes
Cons
Not a lot of work hours
Varies
ASSOCIATE MANAGER OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 22, 2017
The culture of Ulta as a company is great. They have a lot of detailed information on product knowledge, and high standards on communication and goals. Unfortunately management from store to store is not always consistent.
Ulta
Salon Designer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, MIApril 22, 2017
Ulta beauty is a great place to work. Everyone is so friendly and it feels like you're part of the family. From the second you walk in you can really tell that most of these women care about the customer and helping them find exactly what they're looking for.
Slow but productive
Beauty Advisor/Stocker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 21, 2017
On a usual day work was slow and we found little things to do around the store to stay busy. Stocking was done fast and on time every monday morning. At the end of the day everything was done in timely manner and customers were satisfied.
Poorly Managed
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 21, 2017
If you get hired here as seasonal, expect to be treated like trash and disliked by management. Staff is very catty and unfriendly towards newer people knowing they will be leaving within a few months.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Catty
A good starting job for those interested in the cosmetic industry.
Lead Cashier, Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJApril 21, 2017
A good starting job for those interested in the cosmetic industry. There is some room for advancement and training is provided. Hours are spotty and there is room for improvement in management.
Exciting place to work.
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 21, 2017
Fun place to work, and lots of things to try. Great place for makeup lovers. All he managers are equally good. Overall the job isn't hard, but, it can get overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is the makeup because I love it.
Just a Job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2017
Seasonal hire. Corporate does not allocate training hours for new hires, so had to learn mostly on the job. Morning shifts may include restocking boxes of products on shelves or changing displays before the store opens. Lots of micromanaging, which makes it frustrating for employees when they're being talked down on. Only enjoyable part of the job was the 25% discount.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Cut hours, micromanagement
Fun and fast paced environment
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJApril 20, 2017
This company has grown my
Pockets and my people skill. Plenty of room to advance if youre willing to work for it! Would never ever leave this place willingly!
Pros
Free training, benefits, growth
Cons
Not too many
Fun place and accepting of all different kinds of people.
Merchandise Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2017
I loved working there. Benefits were good for management except for the merchandise service coordinator that was not offered health insurance or vacation, but had great dental insurance. The atmosphere is fun and they really consider employee opinions. Mostly felt appreciated for my work. Great opportunities to move up quickly.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Health care
Harassment and more......
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 20, 2017
The management way of handling customer/employee conflicts is poor. You get yelled at like a child IN FRONT of customers then escorted to the front of the like your a criminal.
Pros
Sample of products
Cons
Trust issues of employees, too many different heads trying to run a dept, poor communication between management and employees
Typical retail job
Licensed Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 20, 2017
I was hired as an aesthetician, but most of my time was spent up in the makeup department providing product demos and information to customers, instead of doing skin treatments. They did a great job at promoting their hair salon services, but most people were not aware that they even had an aesthetician, so that made it difficult to grow a true clientele. I ended up leaving after getting hired full time somewhere else.
Cons
compensation
Awful
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 20, 2017
Management was horrendous. Hourly wage seems great, $8.50 ($1.25 higher than MS minimum wage)/hr. You'll work 4-8 hours maximum per week. You'll stand behind a register your entire shift and your bosses will treat you subhuman. Most girls who work there have at least one other job because Ulta alone won't pay your bills. You work really late nights or really early mornings and I was often scheduled against my availability even though the system isn't supposed to let them do that. You're supposed to get a 15 minute break per shift, 30 minutes per every 6 hour shift. But you'll never get it, and when you ask to take it your boss/supervisor will get annoyed with you. It's impossible to get a shift covered and if you get a shift covered for any reason, they'll intentionally leave you off the schedule for 2 weeks. Benefits were great, 25% off retail and 50% off salon but the salon butchered my hair so it's essentially worthless because I had to pay to get it fixed elsewhere. Horrible. I'm heartbroken I left my other job to work here. I've only been here for 8 months and it's added years to my life. I leave nearly in tears after every shift.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Management, Management, Salon, Culture
fun
temp.task (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 19, 2017
i just help set up the store i dont really know alot about this place the people are great to work for it is a fun enviroment hardest part of the job is making sure you look the part
I loved what I did
Prestige Consultant (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIApril 19, 2017
This was probably my dream job. I enjoyed what I did there, but not always my coworkers. There was a lot of gossip, which I get when you work with many girls, but that is something I could do without in my job/
Pros
Discount. Fair breaks
Cons
Coworkers