Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 2,014 reviews matching the search
this job isnt for everyone
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
every location is different however, where i worked it was an unfair workplace, i worked there for a year and a half and i outlasted 12 managers, and dozens of employees.
Pros
discounts on services, and products is awesome
Overall avoid this company if you can.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Horrible place to work. Everyone fights and it is a hard place to work. The GM sits in her office 40 hours of the week. Guests bully you to get their way.
Ok place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 12, 2017
Its an ok place to work. Its hard to advance up within the company. I've tried & tried but never had.......................................................
Best Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 12, 2017
Working at Ulta has been the best experience I've had. The company allows you to grow within as well as grow as a person. I learned hard work and dedication while working there. Every team member is happy and ready to work as well as welcoming. It is a fun environment as well as a hard working one.
love it
Lead Cashier And Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2017
working at ulta was a great place to work. I always felt comfortable and everyone was so helpful. they make you feel like a family. it was one of the best places I've ever worked at.
Great job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 12, 2017
Ulta is such a fun place to work at. Everyone is friendly, there is never any pressure, its a fun and easy job to do. Only downside is the hours suck so if you are a person who has responsibilities such as, bills to pay then I wouldn't recommend you apply here unless you work two jobs.
Pros
discount, great envrionment, easy job, fun, keeps you busy.
Cons
hours, some rude customers.
Very fulfilling and enjoyable work environment
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Ulta, the management was very understanding and flexible with my school schedule and second job. I learned a lot through the trainings the company provided as well as everyday experiences.
Terrible
Associate Manager of People (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJune 11, 2017
Zero operational knowledge. Company fails to help any of their employees other than General management. Company should be working on their operational aspects of the business instead of focusing on new store openings
Good
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 11, 2017
Ulta is a very pleasant place to work. I thoroughly enjoy the environment I work in and the people I work with, especially my managers. This job is not hard as long as you're a determine individual.
fun workplace
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2017
Performed esthetician services such as waxing, facials, chemical peels, makeup application, and other skin treatments. Consistently earned the highest weekly sales commissions, including seasonal promotions and special product placements. Managed makeup application for special groups and events such as bridal parties, prom, and birthdays.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short shifts
Great part time job
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 9, 2017
Management was great. Discount is definitely a plus. Most shifts available for sales positions are only part time. They also have a salon which requires a license.
Poor management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 9, 2017
They basically use you to their advantage I was hired with intentions of being part of a different department and it never happened I was also promised 20+ a week and I would always receive 15 or less when I was lucky if not the usual amount of hours they give are 10. Management varies in stores but the GMs are the same rude, disrespectful and unhelpful. They'll promise you advancement opportunities but yet hire outside the company when something opens up.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, missed punches, fast paced not enough associates
Dont work here
Master Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 8, 2017
Typical retail; however, if you like retail, then this would be perfect for you. Long hours, weekends, and mandatory holidays. Management does not care.
Challenging work environment
Senior eCommerce Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 8, 2017
The IT organization is going thru growing pains. The work is there, but PMO is ill equipped to handle it appropriately with current personnel, especially for the client-facing projects.
good moral
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJune 7, 2017
Good Job. People care about their positions. Management is good. There is room for advancement. The employee discount is nice and he salon discount is even better.
Great environment of people doing what they love
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2017
Ulta Beauty is a company and brand I stand by 100%. Working for a company with a motto of doing what we love and loving what we do, I truly believe that to be true throughout the entire company. I enjoy helping people embrace their beauty as well as giving them a shopping experience that is both enjoyable and fulfilling.
Pros
Discounts, beauty trends and tips, great management, positive environment
Cons
Being open on major holidays
new management
employee (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 7, 2017
not enjoyable place to work, unable to freely speak your mind or discuss problems, transition to hire management that lacked compassion and wanted to run building like target facility.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
min
productive and fun, great learning experience
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 7, 2017
It's a great company to work for just make sure to always keep track of overtime worked. Advancement isn't always guaranteed which can be disappointing even when you do so much!
Pros
gratis, training with vendors
Cons
short lunches, not enough pay
Working at Ulta
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 7, 2017
The experience was different than what I was accustomed to. The hardest thing was trying to stock the materials on high shelves in the back. Other than that everyone was friendly and I furthered my education when it came to cosmetics.
This job was an okay experience.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJune 7, 2017
My experience at Ulta Beauty was okay. The job was very enjoyable whereas the management was slightly less than enjoyable. Very easy going job to perform.
Pros
A lot of room for improvement
Cons
Very strict rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9