Ulta Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search
no help
Stylist/Designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
its a culture of slavery.. if you have an opinion save it. the managers don't respect those who disagree with them at all. you fall in line and do as they say, period.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
no process for problems
Productive workplace
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 8, 2016
This workplace allowed me to expand my people skills from being able to communicate with individuals to help them find the correct products they needed.
One of the worst places I ever worked
Benefit Cosmetics Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 6, 2016
Sell beauty retail products to customers
interact with various brand vendors
work with salon employees
perform brow waxing and mini makeup applications
Pros
gratis and a set schedule
Cons
No meal breaks bad management
Very nice people.
Duties as an arch expert (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 5, 2016
What i learned working here is everyone is friendly. Working there was pretty easy and slow. Overall it was a good working experience.
Pros
ORKING
Great workplace and Fun place
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 5, 2016
Great place to work, everyone there is friendly. Been there for over a year and I really enjoy it. Management is great, had a chance to have two general managers in these past years.
No Corporate Level Support
Salon Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FL 33870July 4, 2016
There was no support for poor in store management, the GM's are hired in with no service industry knowledge or accountability of actions. HR will not address claims appropriately and you live in constant fear of being fired for performance that is out of your control.
Pros
Pay & Beneftis
Cons
Upper management
Fun and Professional all in one
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHJuly 1, 2016
First got in everyone was very comforting, and helped me understand the flow of the store, all the managers are kind and understanding,
Pros
free services, employee discount
Cons
short breaks
bad management, no accomodations for life events
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 1, 2016
the people great. The management was not accomodating when i came to life events or any type of time off or possible schedule changes. No real room for advancment.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, no schedule accomodations
Not enough revenue for Esthetician
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
There is no existing clientele at my location and the company doesn't promote the salon much, much less the skin therapist. It's very hard to make commission as a new esthetician there. My sales numbers are always right where they need to be or above the weekly goal, but the way the company has product sales commissions set up I don't receive any commission or incentives. The best thing about working here is my co-workers. Everyone is so nice and friendly and there is no cattiness between the girls.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
no clientele, low pay
Okay place to start off
Lancome Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
Working is great, management is horrible! You are not really able to grow and develop as a person at store level. Co-workers are awesome!

The main thing I like about work is the fact that you build customer relationships.
Pros
gratis
Cons
pay
Fun job, bad pay, hours, and advancement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 30, 2016
Been working for Ulta for almost a year now. Love the job itself and the team but working minimum wage and never being allowed to work more than 4 hours at a time and certainly not more than 20 hours in a week really sucks. Despite working really hard, chances at advancement is next to null. The discount isn't that amazing either. Certainly cannot support yourself with this job. Might be a good fit as a secondary job as schedule is very flexible. But you'll be a wage slave who gets searched every time you leave the store to make sure you're not stealing. There are lots of opportunities to win free products and it's not that difficult to win.
Pros
fun staff, good management, fun job, lots of opportunities for free products
Cons
low hours, low pay, little advancement
Interactive and fun with amazing products.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 29, 2016
Pros:
* Upbeat employees
* pay
* Products and discounts

Cons:
* No breaks
* You have to be checked out to leave for lunch. It would hender your lunch break from a30 min to a 22 min.
* There were no formal expectations or guidelines given
* Very short staff at all times. GM wanted to save on the bottom line
* Schedule was all over the place I would open one day close the next. Get home at midnight and open the store for truck by 6am.
Great company
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 27, 2016
Huge distribution center. Good enviroment. Overall, it is good place to work. Coworkers are ncie. It was my pleasure to work with them. Good memories.
loved my job, managment not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PA 17402June 26, 2016
Working at Ulta beauty was a fast pace fun job. Management was my only concern. I loved the customers, and the overall environment. I worked on the sales floor; stocking shelves, front and facing products, as well as being a cashier. The most fun part about my job was seeing all the new products going out on the shelves before anyone else.
Pros
free samples, snacks in breakroom, and most of staff.
Cons
Managment, and last minute calls to come into work.
Amazing opportunity to start a clientele in a new city
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2016
I absolutely love working for Ulta. From the awesome people I get to work with to the amazing products and services this company provides, I have enjoyed building my career with this team day in and day out. I have attended every class offered within my district to keep my skills up to date, appreciate my management staff and love the feeling of accomplishment when my guests leave happy. It's been an amazing experience to work with such great people while building a clientele and getting my name out there.
Pros
professional working environment, free extended trainings
Cons
draw salary
Ulta
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJune 25, 2016
I love working for Ulta. I love my coworkers. I want to grow within the company, Ulta loves their employees and customers, Ulta makes sure everyone needs are filled.
fun enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHJune 24, 2016
Ulta is an amazing company that caters to every women's need to feel and look beautiful.
The company cares for its employees.
Fast paced .
The most amazing and enjoyable part of the job is being able to take your time with each guest and help them find everything they need in one stop
Pros
bonus', easy to work for
Cons
long hours, not enough payroll
Amazing!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 24, 2016
I absolutely love working for Ulta Beauty. I work with amazing people who are super nice. Everyday I look forward to coming into work and helping customers in the beauty world.
fun work place, all color and products are provided
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2016
-Easy going work days
-Seasonal training provided
-Color is provided
-Hourly+commission on products
-Pay wasn't very high
-Fun environment with beauty products
Working with Makeup & Wonderful Clients...
Beauty Consultant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Heath OHJune 22, 2016
Typical day at Ulta is either slow paced with numerous tasks to accomplish, or very fast paced with numerous clients to tend to all while maintaining on keeping up with those tasks. I find it to be an extremely wonderful, professional environment to work for. The management is wonderful, supportive, professional and assertive. I genuinely enjoy helping other customers find their ultimate beauty necessities while informing them of wonderful new products they can truly benefit in after knowing a little bit about their likes and skin / makeup preferences. The hardest part of the job is ensuring every customer is taken care of while also preventing loss prevention at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping women feel beautiful by finding them the right products for them to enhance their natural beauty. When they are genuinely happy, I am genuinely happy.
Pros
Rewarded with free food, free full size prestige makeup products, free lunches
Cons
not enough hours!