Ulta Employee Reviews

Not enough hours
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2017
Ulta is my very first company to work for that is actually what I love; Makeup! BUT unfortunately not enough hours. The atmosphere is great. Some of the staff are amazing to work with. some of the co workers are amazing minus those who think too much of themselves and think everything is a competition. I do feel like its a huge pressure when you are force to sale credit cards when customers don't want them. It makes you Feel uncomfortable. I haven't work in 3 weeks maybe more last work day I only worked 4 hours. Sucks because I finally found a job doing what I love but not getting any hours and I believe its because of the credit cards; not pushing customers to get them. We should be able to express ourselves freely and not how they want us to.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No hours
Love
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2017
I have been with ULTA part time for a little over two years and I love my managers, co-workers and the actual company itself is pretty great to their employees. There is always a way to move up, you just have to make it known. If I wasn't in school, I would probably keep this jobs and try to move up.
Pros
"Fill the fridge" contests, easy to communicate with any manager
Cons
Hours fluctuate, some weeks you may have over 20, some you may have under
Factory worker
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 1, 2017
I love this company, this just isn't the same place I left two years ago.
However they're great to all employees and treat everyone the same I absolutely recommend this company to anyone seeking employment
Pros
Close to me
Cons
Need more from a company
You can be productive with the volume of customers to help in the store
SALON DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAOctober 31, 2017
Management didn't have enough time to give, and when store productivity was low management sent you home. Promise to give more hours but would take it away because of low productivity. Some workers were not responsible and unclean. Not profesional and talked about clients making me uncomfurtable.
Pros
Great Products you can try before you buy. Sales.
Cons
Superficial
Make-up
Task Team Member (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJOctober 31, 2017
This job is perfect for individuals who are into and knows make-up, cosmetics, and perfumes and colognes. If you like to do make overs or help others make over this is the job for you
If you like the movie Mean Girls this is the place for you!
Lancome Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 30, 2017
Managers are very petty. They talk about each other to the beauty advisors and talk about the beauty advisors to other beauty advisors. The managers are horrible and do not communicate effectively.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
High energy fun team work
Prestige Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 30, 2017
Greet customers and meet thier needs. Demostrate how to use products and educate client and staff on benefits and application of skincare and cosmetics. I managed the sale floor ensuring all displays and merchandise are as they should be.
Pros
fun hands on
Cons
Was not always enough staff to accommodate the traffic
Enjoyable and Fun Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 30, 2017
Working at Ulta not only as a prestige beauty advisor but as a shift supervisor has developed my skills in customer service and product knowledge exponentially. Ulta has provided training, feedback, and support when needed. As a part-time job I find working at Ulta Beauty very fulfilling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 30, 2017
I loved working at Ulta! It was busy during the holidays, but overall it was a good experience. The people I worked with were great and everyone helped everyone. It was quite sometime ago so I am not sure what the culture is like now.
good place
Guest Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2017
overall its good and all but not a lot of hours given and low staffed , when its busy it really well , everyone helps with what they can , usually is hasn't been busy
Review
PRESTIGE COSMETICS ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 29, 2017
Ulta was a great company to work at as a student. The company is very respectful of your availability. I would highly recommend working there part-time..
Loved working here!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYOctober 29, 2017
Working at Ulta has been my favorite place to work so far. They provided a clean, friendly, fun environment. The management was great and I met a lot of amazing people. I would definitely recommend working here if you have a love for beauty, skincare, makeup, and helping customers find the right product for them.
Customers are amazing
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 29, 2017
The best part of working at Ulta is the customers who are amazng. I liked being challanged every day. We are like family at Ulta always bringing each other up/
Not good.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHOctober 28, 2017
My experience at Ulta as awful. My manager was racist and classist, never any hours, and eventually just stopped giving me hours. The only goodd thing about this job is the discount.
Ulta Beauty
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 28, 2017
I have learned a lot from working here, that's for sure. Easy, up to date technology, like the registers, headsets, and the ULTA.net were all easy to learn and familiarize. I feel like most of my coworkers are very unhappy working under the company and certain managers.
Fun and comfortable place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 28, 2017
Ulta is a great place to work at if you want to feel like your're part of a family. The managers have an open door policy and it is nice to be able to go to your leads with anything!
Working in the salon makes the pay difficult to deal with, since we get paid by commission. But I love what I do so I have stayed there for 3+ years
Pros
fun and upbeat
Cons
little to no breaks in salon, low commission
Worked very hard for very little
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 28, 2017
I worked almost fifty hours a week as a salaried manager and barely had time to rest. It was fast paced and frenzied most of the time. I was rarely able to leave the store on a break or lunch break due to coverage and we were often short staffed.
Pros
Gratis, worked independently most of the time
Cons
short breaks, long hours and low pay
Love it!
Beauty Advisor/Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 27, 2017
I absolutely love working at Ulta Beauty because we have an amazing group of people. I have made my way to lead cashier and hope to move my way up the company. I have learned a lot and learn more everyday.
Fun place to work
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 27, 2017
I started as a cashier and quickly advanced to management. Genuinely enjoyed working here and was sad to have to leave to go to school out of town. The management was great and helpful at all times.
Speciality/Small Box Retail
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 27, 2017
I was the Merchandise Manager which entailed my team and me to set the new tab as well as put daily freight out. I was responsible for inventory controls adjusting PI.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9