Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 1,516 reviews matching the search
terrible company to work for
Tailored Customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2016
zero benefits, all managers give you different answers even if they have been employed there for 14 years. no one is on the same page ever, and never knows how to help you.
Nice place to work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WINovember 14, 2016
Ulta has a pleasant work environment with a good management team. One of the most organized companies I've ever worked for. High job security, and decent wages.
DO not be an Etsy here
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MINovember 14, 2016
The girls in the salon are catty and think of themselves as better than you, they say they recommend ppl to you yet they take some of your makeup clients and the place has too high of a sales goal for you to reach in the type of location it is in also they expect way too much out of you in 90 days when everyone knows it takes at least 1 yr to get a clientele started... you also feel unappreciated because you bust your self only for them to hold the salon at a high rank and they also make you do retail work so its like your working 2 jobs and getting paid for one its very overwhelming at times and don't let me forget the micromanaging that happens and major favoritism
Prestige advisor
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 13, 2016
Pay is not good, hours are not guaranteed, and expect to work every weekend unless you request off. From the end of October through Christmas you are not allowed to request off. Most managers only care about pushing sales, regardless if the customers haven't necessarily they are interested in certain products.
Pros
Free products with training
Cons
Work weekends, hours aren't great, pay is not good, dead end job.
It is utterly despicable
Hair Designer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
Stop and listen to what everyone says, it's worse than high school.
Put a 100 of petty woman on a power trip together and call it Undignified. You see it happening to everyone else and you think to yourself that won't happen to me. Wrong,,
Managers talk to other managers.
Great Instructors
Hair Stylist/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2016
Thanks to Ulta I became a great manager. They tough me everything I know today and of course i've acquired a few things through experience but I will never forget the good instructors who helped me get where i am today.
productive company to be a part of
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MANovember 10, 2016
A company that is willing to coach and guide their employees. A company that does have the opportunity for on to grow and flourished with hard work. The hardest past of the job is when we were understaff.
Pros
Great Coaching experience
Cons
Short Staff
Great growing company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYNovember 8, 2016
Love working for this growing company. They have great benefits, great pay, and great environment. You are held accountable for your work and many great tools to be successful at your job. Always room for advancement and amazing CEO.
Pros
Gratis, hours, management
Cons
hard to get your work done in the hours you work
easy job to go play all day
Prestige Manager (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 8, 2016
there is a lot of ego in this industry and people clearly play favorites. You know its hard to get fired so people basically slack off and have no regard for management. Its bad either way.
You are a glorified warehouse worker, must do hard labor, pretty much except if you are a cashier, and who wants to do that forever.
Just not professional nor encouraging.People actually hold back information from teaching you so that you look ignorant. Retail makes you really dislike people
Pros
benefits for fulltime
Cons
attitude, heavy boxes, alot of bending, shedule
nice place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolling Hills, CANovember 7, 2016
if you love makeup and beauty products then you might love the job you also get free product. meet the sales goal is daily. fun place to work when you're working around people who like the same things as you.
Fun
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 5, 2016
Its a fun work environment to work in. I really enjoy helping guests find the perfect makeup for them, it makes them feel good about themselves and i love that! who doesnt want to play with makeup and get paid!
Alright place to be
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 3, 2016
Ulta is an okay place to work. It seems like no one is on top of anything and most customers a rude. Employees didn't seem to care and they don't work well with scheduling. Communication is awful they didn't tell me I was hired on as seasonal and I had to continuously call to find out when I was working next because they weren't organized.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
Communication
fun place to work
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 3, 2016
This place is a great place to be at if you love informing others of beauty products. Management is great and so are co-workers.
Love getting to see the new products.
I loved working with makeup
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 3, 2016
I have a passion for makeup, so being able to work with makeup was my dream. I also loved working with costumers and being able to help them find good products that worked for them.
Pros
working with people, learning about products.
Cons
management
Fun place to work for.
Beauty Consultant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a fun environment and I learned a lot about makeup. The managers were warm and friendly and it felt more like a family than anything else. I learned a lot more about hair and make up and I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
30 yr stylist, 6 yr employee
Master Designer 2 (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 31, 2016
Great company for new stylist that need to grow their clientele and keep learning with continuous classes. As well as for established stylist who like to keep up with the trends. A lot of opportunities to grow, travel, train, or manage.
Pros
Endless money making opportunities and training.
Cons
It's a corporate attitude.
Ulta Beauty
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2016
Ulta was a great experience. There were some issues with management because our store manager was dating our merch manager and that sometimes made the work environment a little difficult. The pay was good but we worked very hard. This was my first corporate experience.
Pros
great company
Cons
ethical choices made by management
Over all a good company to work for. Atypical day at work includes recruiting, maintain relationships and filling orders.
Clinique Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHOctober 31, 2016
Great Store, bad management.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 31, 2016
The company had a lot of issues with scheduling, and policies. the managers I had were all fired. To this day they still send me employee information after I was "fired" by the salon manager, even though the store manager and corporate did not know about it. it was a lot to deal with. The store is great, but the company needs serious help.
Pros
great information on new professional products, great servies offered at the salon and brow bar.
Cons
bad managers, constant log in errors with company programs, alot of stealing in that area
Love the store and all it's vibes, the manager, not so much.
Esthetician / P.O.S Associate / Nail Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 30, 2016
The store atmosphere with all the beauty products and services were every girl's dream, but the manager was my biggest problem. Seemed to have a lot of drama when the new manager took over last year.
Pros
discounts on product and services
Cons
no hours and poor mgmt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9