ULTA

ULTA United States Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: vendor relationships & product knowldge
Cons: unethical practices
The company and management does not operate in an ethical fashion. They preach their "values" although they do not exhibit the minimal behaviors through their actions towards their employees.
A successsful Workday as a retail sales manager
Prestige Manager (Current Employee), Morganton NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: 25% of retail and services
Cons: short breaks, work every weekend
Given multiple task in a work environment, I achieve 65% of the sales from the entire store, book appointments, give excellent customer consults, preform a skilled artistry, and continue to drive my team into positive success for the day. Daily package sending and receiving and daily deposits. Exchanging Cash and achieving a net promoter score of 80% and above for the store. Excellent customer service and fulfillment of sales
Hard working and productive workplace.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: gratis, special events, flexible schedule
I have enjoyed my time at Ulta. I have a great team that I work with and that is what has made my time here so much more memorable. We all get along so great and together we create success for the company. Every worker is very efficient which benefits the company by saving time and money. Management does there job well while at the same time creating a great environment for all employees. My managers are great with flexibility of my schedule between my classes, internship and personal life.
Salon Manager
Salon Manager, Master Designer (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDFebruary 2, 2015
I really enjoyed the staff. I had a great group of ladies that worked under me. We really enjoyed each other and had a great time at work! Management was good. The other salon managers that I had the honor of working with were a great support.
Fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 2, 2015
Cosmetics Store!
Girls dream.
Employers are pretty nice.
Fun workplace.
Never a dull moment!
Great Discounts and coupons!
Friendly
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Friendly work place. Stocking items on shelves was easy. Each storage box was color labeled to know which items go where. I did experience an unhappy customer where she was asked to leave. I enjoyed my co-workers who were friendly to help with me any questions I had.
it's slow sometimes
empolyer (Former Employee), lafayette,laJanuary 30, 2015
it's slow but fast paced at times. Never really put me on the schedule. The clients were the only thing that made me like my job.
productive fun workplace
Esthetician (Current Employee), Capitola, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Great place to gain experience. Great co workers and good place to learn how to further my facials and waxing skills. The training was very helpful for my career.
Big let down.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: gratis, if you were lucky enough to get it.
Cons: no hours, rude manager, no diversity, bad pay and no job security.
I was thrilled when I saw that an Ulta was coming to my area. I applied as soon as I could. I was thrilled when I got the call informing me that I got the job. They promised everything I'd want to hear, great hours, job security, gratis and a job doing what I'd love. They had us come in the work 40hrs a week to set up the store for them. We were all happy to do it because we were so excited to be apart of this store. Unfortunately, after the set up half of the girls were cut. Even those of us who were left were stuck doing a job that we didn't sign up for. I was stuck unloading a truck in the back and only got 4-10 hrs a week TOPS. They said that the only way to get more hours was to sell the most stuff, yet they didn't even give us a chance to do that. Only the freshly 18 yr old girls with little to no experience were actually given hours. Not only did I have retail experience, but I have also been a makeup artist for 7yrs. I don't think that my store manager was a fan of my tattoos, even though there is nothing regarding tattoos in the employee handbook and Urban Decay (a top selling brand at Ulta) adds and social media posts display tattoos and self expression.. It was like high school all over again. The manager seemed stressed and out of place. She has no experience in the cosmetology industry and only has managed a Bath and Body Works store before. She acted like that teacher in school who tries to fit in with the "cool kids". She was very rude, unfair and unprofessional. It's a shame, because the store could be an awesome company to work for, under better management maybe. If the assistant manager was given the GMs job, I think it would have been a lot better. So, if you want to be paid very little, not appreciated, talked down to, given 4hrs a week and not be able to be at all unique - GO FOR IT!
Insurance/Customer Service/Retail Management
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2015
I have 30 years of retail experience - mostly in management. Typically, I open and close the store, hire, train and coach new associates. I handle difficult guests and resolve their situations. I set the store for new ads. I run the shipment process. I take care of merchandising and inventory. Theft prevention.

My insurance experience is over 20 years worth. I typically had a full time job in insurance and a part time job in retail. Regarding my insurance background - over 20 years in property and casualty insurance. Underwriting, rating and issuing policies. Designing new insurance programs for specialty markets.
Loved working here.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Buford, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Ulta, decent management, operations, and a 25% discount!
Great Place to Learn All about Beauty
Prestige Consultant (Former Employee), Culver City, CaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free products to try
Cons: short breaks, not enough hours
So many Lines and Beauty products to acknowledge. From hair, Make up, skincare, etc. Universal store indeed. Always learning about New Products and trainings are Amazing. Very fun & exciting
I did not like it
Temporary beauty advisor (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 26, 2015
the managers promised more hours but as soon as xmas hit I was being left off the schedule completely
great friendly workplace
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Daphne, ALJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I really enjoyed working at ulta I feel I would probably still be there if I lived in around one! We always had good communication between the management and the floor staff the co workers were amazing you knew they had your back if you needed help our if you were knew and still learning someone was there to help you!
productive workplace
Part-time Lead (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free makeup
Cons: grouchy people
Started as a tomboy and with a little love and TLC. This company has molded a primadonna.
Fun place to work with options for growth
Prestige Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Hill,TxJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Ulta I learned how to multi-task,work effectively with a team and perfect my customer service skills.
The training there for management is excellent. What I most enjoyed was interacting with clients and establishing relationships with them as well.
Enjoyable and encouraging work place
Prestige manager (Former Employee), Fort LAuderdaleJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: product gratis through training, hands on experience, delightful atmosphere, available promotion within company
Cons: lack of full time positions, working holidays, lower pay than with other similar companies
I loved working for Ulta Beauty because of the positive and happy atmosphere within the company and the availability of growth within. I also enjoyed the benefits that were offered to me through my employment. I also learned how to properly operate a business and how to manage and motivate employees.
Fun place to work, depending on your area!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Capitola, CAJanuary 18, 2015
I was privileged to work with such wonderful ladies in Capitola, CA where the general lifestyle is very laid-back and carefree which was reflected in both employees and customers alike.

We opened late 2013 and the crowds were new and all of us were more than eager to educate the locals on the newest makeup trends and brands. Management had been transferred from other surrounding Ultas, and for the most part everyone got along very well. The best part was really connecting with our customers and showing them that going out of the box was okay (mind you, this town has a reputation for an alternative, au natural lifestyle so having all these new products available was like a culture shock).

I would advise to try your best to stay away from store gossip, however juicy it may be. I know that good people have gotten fired for famous retellings of the lives of our other coworkers. Yes, you might get bored but I'm sure there are plenty of things that can be done around the store instead.
Very fun environment, great coworkers.
Hair Designer (Current Employee), St. George, UtahJanuary 17, 2015
My typical day consists of doing hair, cleaning the salon, and if I'm not busy with a guest, I am helping others find products they are looking for as well as answer questions about hair and skin care. It is a very fast paced, uplifting environment.
Fun work place, great co-workers
Hair Designer (Current Employee), Southern Pines, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Its a great company to grow with. Educational classes always provided to give you the tools and knowledge for advancement. Fellow employee's are more like family than co-workers. Enjoyable work environment. You get to go to work everyday and make people look and feel beautiful.

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates some 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more

ULTA Salaries