Ulta Employee Reviews

Found 2,228 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJAugust 17, 2017
Ulta Beauty is a fun work place, however as an Assistant Manager and OPS lead my work experience was horrible. I have devoted everything to this job and i never felt appreciated for my work instead i felt like i was always looked down on and even though i have exceeded all my goals in sales and customer service it was never enough. My personal life and work life was never balanced the way it should because i always had to compromise for my store manager.If i did not i felt like my job was at risk. It felt like my job was at risk no matter what.
Ulta's Environment
Prestige Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 16, 2017
A great place to work but can lack the work/life balance that you may desire. Training is always provided and great relationships are formed. Benefits are awesome, although pay is sometimes lacking based on your role and not work.
trendy place to work
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNAugust 16, 2017
Exciting work for a beauty retail job, given high chances to advance within the company, and the customers are fun. The company is encouraging and fast pace.
Pros
25% discount from start, get to see new products before launch, some health benefits, flexible hours, 401K
Cons
low hours, high stress during christmas time
N\a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 16, 2017
Pretty much what you'd expect, it's retail. Working with make up it fun, but it has pretty much all the downsides you can imagine. Doesn't pay great and the hours are eh.
Decent
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 16, 2017
A great place to advance in the beauty industry especially with a license but management is too stressful they give you a 2 person job and get massive presssure to perform to their high standards
Pros
Some of the best benefits
Cons
Long shifts alone with no coverage
Beauty and Brains
ASSOCIATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 16, 2017
Ulta is a great place to grow and they usually hire from within. A typical day at work will always vary, which is great because you will always be entertained. I have learned so much at Ulta especially with guest relations and product knowledge. They have videos and vendors come in to talk to you about products so you can feel 100% with every product recommendation that you make. Management really varies from store to store but if you have a great general manager it's a really great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the early mornings, processing truck, and smiling at hard to reach customers. There are so many enjoyable parts of the job and I have made so many life long friends at Ulta.
Pros
product knowledge
Cons
Waking up early
Great Company
date Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, IL 61611August 15, 2017
The company is involved with the stores. The staff can be" clicky" but overall great people. Some of the things I think should be pushed aren't and sometimes what you have to say doesn't mean anything to management. Some things that should be address are often overlooked.
Not enough opportunities
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great discounts for employees if you like to buy cosmetics and such. Not enough hours given or opportunities to grow. Hardest part of the job was the lack of working hours given.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
productive and fun in retail
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Everyday you greet customers and use your knowledge to educate customers on the products they are looking for. You are mostly working around females and all your faces are beat and contoured wonderfully! It is a fun environment to meet new faces and talk about the latest products and make up trends. Don't let customers with a bad attitude ruin your day because more than likely it is easy to meet their needs in the store. Management is very helpful because they will show you exactly how to do everything to meet goals in the store. Ulta is a growing experience for cosmetic sales and customer service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Very slow, hard to advance.
Senior Stylist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
It's a very slow location with no incentive and it's very hard to advance within the company. A typical day involves me servicing clients and helping clients with product selection and then imputing that information into the computer. Using the phone to contact clients to confirm appointments, and using the computer to input their information. Workplace culture is very positive but it doesn't transcend to all areas of the store. Hardest part of the job is there isn't much to challenge me. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. I have worked on and off with Ulta since 2013 and it has not provided me with a financially stable life. It is very hard to make a living working for this company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Short breaks, very low pay, very slow environment
Love it, lots of room for growth
Clinique Consultant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 14, 2017
The company is dedicated to a fair work-life balance and to educating its employees to be the best they can for the company and to grow themselves. Quite an enjoyable environmennt.
Fun work environment
Cashier and Tasker (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 14, 2017
very fun place to work; stocked entire store; loved trying new beauty products before coming out; loved being in store before opening; customer service
Ulta
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 14, 2017
Loved working at Ulta because its a positive environment that made the employees and the customers more comfortable with the sales. The managers and co-workers were very easy-going.
fun place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
i enjoyed my time working at Ulta. I was an employee for about 5 years and i enjoyed so much working in the beauty field. You are the first to see new products and learn new techniques. i do wish that they were a little more giving when it came to gratis. maybe it was just the managers at my store but we hardly got anything.
Pros
fun
Cons
short breaks
Worst Company Ive ever worked for
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2017
As licensed professional you cant make money with this Coropation iits not designed for stylist to win althought during on boarding you sell that lie...impossible your mainly working as a retail associate to keep your hours. senoir leader DM is a complete idiot and very racist retail managers are incompetent with salon life barely can function in their own roles completly out of elements with hair world but have plenty to say ..no structure very unprofessional with no leadership skills turnover with salon staff is terrible due to no support, and low wages i would t recommend ANYONE to work or shop with tnis company
Pros
Discount
Cons
The whole Company is horrible
Great Place to work
beauty advisor/ task (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 11, 2017
Ulta beauty is a great place to work, I've almost hit my year mark and i couldnt be happier. My workers are the absolute best and management is always willing to work with my schedule and help me maintain good hours.
Awesome
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 11, 2017
Very fun and exciting job. Loved my team and the company. I looked forward to each day and the customers. It was very challenging and always had something new to learn about.
Pros
Atmosphere and team
Cons
Fun place to work and dress up for
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2017
this was a fun job to work at. I got to do my makeup and learn about different makeup and skincare lines, There was also salon services that are provided there.
balance
Designer (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYAugust 11, 2017
Everything is balanced nicely. Salon and retail are never out of sync there is little to no drama we always have service with a smile and customers are always satisfied
Pros
discounts
Cons
hard commission
No money honey
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 10, 2017
Being a licensed professional, they only pay minimum wage with a promise of making 44 % on bookings that follow through. They do not market so it is pretty impossible to make a living unless you are married or have a sugar daddy, forget it. There is no compensation/commissions on sales of makeup or skin care, had there been, the rating would be better.
Also a pretty fair amount of turnover, poor management and very unsafe equipment that had been reported for a year and not addressed. OSHA needed to pay visits to this chain.
Pros
Some great people that work there
Cons
Extremely poor management and hiring people who don't have the necessary background to be management