ULTA

ULTA Employer Reviews

Very livley and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Tukwila, waMay 17, 2014
Pros: gradis, coworkers
Cons: managment was iffy, not professional
It was a pleasure working at Ulta Beauty, There of course were some bumps in the road but at most jobs there will be, and I take what's given to me and work with it. it was fun, colorful and a pleasure to work there for as long as I did
productive and fun workplace with creative minds
Esthetician (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 15, 2014
I enjoyed working for Ulta and saw the advancements within the company. Its exciting to see people growing within the company.
dedicated task team
Task Team, Customer Service (Current Employee), San Bruno, CAMay 14, 2014
hard working
dedicated
create positive environment
great management
Inspire beauty everywhere awesome business concept
Manager (Current Employee), South, FLMay 4, 2014
Pros: developing employees and watching their growth.
Cons: dealing with sometimes guests you can never please nothing is good enough
Great place to work, managing others and coaching and mentoring professionals for growth. While meeting guests and helping them make the right decisions for hair and skin care
Meh.
Skin Therapist (Former Employee), Nampa, IDMay 4, 2014
Pros: dicsount
Cons: no clients!
I worked here for about 7 months as a skin therapist. I felt like I had ample training, but was never able to fill my book and build clientele. We didn't have very many people in the store at all, let alone getting services. They would change my schedule the day before/or day of and get mad when I had plans (doctors appointments, etc..) and was forced – more... to leave. Even though I didn't have anyone scheduled.
The discount was pretty nice, what little money I did make basically went back into the store. – less
Terrible Terrible Terrible
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), NEMay 1, 2014
Pros: discounted merchandise and salon services
Cons: no breaks, no lunches, unrealistic expectations, limited staffing hours, corporate does not care, micromanaged, very high turnover amongst gm's and corporate employees.
As a General Manager at ULTA, corporate management believes stores can serve guests, task, make budget, clean, train, etc on a limited amount of hours. They continue to push and push their employees to their breaking point!!!!!! They overly expect way too much from their employees and there is NEVER just a simple thank you for what you do. Beware potential – more... GM's!!!! You will not have a life if you choose to work for this company. There is a reason why there is always changes amongst senior management. – less
It is a good place to work at for a starting job, very friendly people.
Cashier/ Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), Oswego, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: you learn a lot information about your skin and face costmetics
Cons: does not give enough hours
My typical day at work is alright, not much going on, in the night shifts, which I always get. But I love my co-Workers!
Fun job, but no hours
Prestige Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), Holyoke, MAMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun environment and staff, great discount
Cons: not enough hours, short shifts
This is another company like so many others that avoids having people even close to full time unless you are in a management position. It is a fun place to work however and the management team at this location are great to work for. They do give a great employee discount and depending on your position you recieve a lot of gratis as well.
very productive
Sales associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2014
My typical day at ulta is to make sure inventory is being displayed correctly, store resets and assist customers. I've learned so much about how to maintain great hair and skin.
A great fun and educational cosmetics and salon enviorment.
Prestige Manager (Former Employee), West Hills, CAApril 29, 2014
Pros: growing on a porfessional level and inner growrth.
Cons: high management and employee turnover
Engaging customers promoting sales and promotions. Managing the department and educating beauty counsultants to achieve store daily goals and store expectations. Was able to grow within a multi facets skincare and cosmetic enviorment on all levels which I was able to make successful high level of events goals as well l established great vendor relation – more... to grow business throughout my years at Ulta. Working on a daily basis with company cutting hours weekly and very low staff in store daily in order to accomplish what was expected had to be the most challenging and hardest. – less
Productive and fun workplace with great attitude.
Prestige Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 29, 2014
Pros: great attitudes, great vibe and a great boss
Cons: on your feet all day, bring a pair of black flats
I absolutely LOVED.. L O V E D my team at ULTA. My boss had a mild case of OCD and had all of us girls keep the store in TOP NOTCH condition. This helped with sales, which in turn helped all of us get better reviews and move up in the business.

This business is easy to move up in, you just have to have patience and dedication. Never get caught gossiping – more... or being negative at work, this is not that place for all of that.

If you want to learn alot about product knowledge and get over a fear of meeting new people, this is a perfect place. – less
upper management needs to improve
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: upper management dm lose touch of the common employee's
i had worked there for a yr. i liked what i did and loved who i worked with. we had a change in upper management and things went south. i think if the upper management would remember what it was like to work in the store there wouldnt be problems. sometimes you have to remember where you came from to understand where the Little guys are at.

June 21, 2014

seems like my replacement left for the same reason. it is a same the new DM doesn't get it.

Very productive and fun to work for.
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2014
A fun and good place to work for. I learned alot from this company and should the oppertunity happen I would definitly go back to work for them.
worst company
hairstylist (Former Employee), GAApril 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
bad store & salon management. discount is a joke. co-workers are pathetic. hourly pay is even worse & so are the hours. they treat you like a child.
Creative atmosphere
Lancome Prestige Lead (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free product
Cons: poor management, low pay
This is job for great experience. Company does not like to hire within and have poor judgment on hiring managers. Easy to partner with your co-workers for more creative products and I personally enjoyed building relationships with guests.
Always A productive day at Ulta
Stylist (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: awesome bunch of girls to work with, awesome discount.
Cons: going on the sales floor to bring people to the salon.
Always something to learn about color, cuts, gel nails , the hardest part was filling your booking when you didn't have clientele.
Is fun however.....
Associate Manager People/Operations (Current Employee), Madison, MSApril 16, 2014
Pros: changes
Cons: payroll
I love working for ULTA......However there is NO WORK LIFE BALANCE!!!!!!
Your first job- ever
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: fun place
Cons: very low wages for amount of work
Great for someone who does not have any experience and is fine with working for minimum wage.
It has so much potential!
Cahsier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2014
Pros: parking garage
Cons: not a teaching evironment, no conversation aboutthe new things going on that are import to a cashier.
There's not much taught at this location because it is new.
The management has a lot to learn about running a store like this.
The employees are friendly and we try our best to teach each other what we know.
The hardest part is not being chatted in on what happened when you have not been on the schedule for weeks.
I am surrounded by what I love to do, – more... Makeup! The consumer wants people who want to show them how the product that they are planning to by works and I love to do that! – less
Great Learning Experience in a rapidly growing company
General Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 12, 2014
Overall operations of the store. Rapidly growing company.

About ULTA

Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance wants to be every woman's ultimate beauty stop. The company operates┬ásome 450 stores in 43 states. – Read more