Ulta Employee Reviews

love it!
Prestige Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 6, 2017
I enjoy ulta and highly reccomend asnyone who loves beauty to apply! The staff is very friendly and much more inviting than you would expect. not everyone is judgemental.
Pros
discounts, see sales first, great coworkers
Cons
not flexable with hours
It’s Great Place To Work At
ulta ware house (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
All In All It’s A Good Company To Work For It’s Very Hands On They Will Train you Very Well It’s a Simple Job To Do supervisors Are Awesome The Leads Are Amazing The Co-workers if You Get To they more you be comfortable with them Once You’ve Been With The Company For Months They Will Train you Well And once you get the hang of the job you will be fine I was thankful enough to work at Ulta Dallas DC It was A good environment to For no complaints Just Nice Old Fashion Working Once Again Grateful Enough To Experience Working At This Wearhouse If Your People Person And If Like Working Warehouses This Is The Job For You they are helpful and everyway Ulta Is Place To Be I Was Honnored To Work With The People I’ve work with Ulta Beauty Is Good Personel
Fun Workplace
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
Fun and friendly place to work. Great place for the people person. Consistent and ongoing training. Fair supervisors and pay. Cool work culture and environment.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low hours
My Experience
Merchandise Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 5, 2017
I started with Ulta in 2016 and moved up to an MSC in 2 weeks. I loved my job and role until new management took over and it was no longer fun to work there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Very low pay
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2017
Working there was ok but they expect your life to revolve around working there and the pay is terrible. They want you to work extra hard for little pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very low pay for working hard.
Wonderful GM, indifferent about the middle managers, but overall enjoyed the job.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 3, 2017
I was hired on as a seasonal beauty advisor, but they kept me on for almost a year until I quit to take a higher paying job elsewhere. The General Manager at the ULTA in Johnson City was AMAZING. She truly cared for her employees. If you were a good worker, she let you know it and valued you. The middle management is difficult to work for at times but overall, I enjoyed the job. If you want to get a lot of hours, this is not the job for you, though. They hire a lot of people so the hours are spread pretty thin, but it was a great job to have while in college for the most part as long as you can manage your time well.
Fun place to work.
Stylist/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2017
I grand opened a new store and stayed for over a year. The amount of traffic was so low that it wasn't enough customers to service. It was hard to find people to do services on.
Not enough hours
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2017
Ulta is my very first company to work for that is actually what I love; Makeup! BUT unfortunately not enough hours. The atmosphere is great. Some of the staff are amazing to work with. some of the co workers are amazing minus those who think too much of themselves and think everything is a competition. I do feel like its a huge pressure when you are force to sale credit cards when customers don't want them. It makes you Feel uncomfortable. I haven't work in 3 weeks maybe more last work day I only worked 4 hours. Sucks because I finally found a job doing what I love but not getting any hours and I believe its because of the credit cards; not pushing customers to get them. We should be able to express ourselves freely and not how they want us to.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No hours
Love
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2017
I have been with ULTA part time for a little over two years and I love my managers, co-workers and the actual company itself is pretty great to their employees. There is always a way to move up, you just have to make it known. If I wasn't in school, I would probably keep this jobs and try to move up.
Pros
"Fill the fridge" contests, easy to communicate with any manager
Cons
Hours fluctuate, some weeks you may have over 20, some you may have under
Factory worker
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INNovember 1, 2017
I love this company, this just isn't the same place I left two years ago.
However they're great to all employees and treat everyone the same I absolutely recommend this company to anyone seeking employment
Pros
Close to me
Cons
Need more from a company
You can be productive with the volume of customers to help in the store
SALON DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAOctober 31, 2017
Management didn't have enough time to give, and when store productivity was low management sent you home. Promise to give more hours but would take it away because of low productivity. Some workers were not responsible and unclean. Not profesional and talked about clients making me uncomfurtable.
Pros
Great Products you can try before you buy. Sales.
Cons
Superficial
Make-up
Task Team Member (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJOctober 31, 2017
This job is perfect for individuals who are into and knows make-up, cosmetics, and perfumes and colognes. If you like to do make overs or help others make over this is the job for you
If you like the movie Mean Girls this is the place for you!
Lancome Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 30, 2017
Managers are very petty. They talk about each other to the beauty advisors and talk about the beauty advisors to other beauty advisors. The managers are horrible and do not communicate effectively.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
High energy fun team work
Prestige Beauty Manager (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 30, 2017
Greet customers and meet thier needs. Demostrate how to use products and educate client and staff on benefits and application of skincare and cosmetics. I managed the sale floor ensuring all displays and merchandise are as they should be.
Pros
fun hands on
Cons
Was not always enough staff to accommodate the traffic
Enjoyable and Fun Job
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 30, 2017
Working at Ulta not only as a prestige beauty advisor but as a shift supervisor has developed my skills in customer service and product knowledge exponentially. Ulta has provided training, feedback, and support when needed. As a part-time job I find working at Ulta Beauty very fulfilling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 30, 2017
I loved working at Ulta! It was busy during the holidays, but overall it was a good experience. The people I worked with were great and everyone helped everyone. It was quite sometime ago so I am not sure what the culture is like now.
good place
Guest Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2017
overall its good and all but not a lot of hours given and low staffed , when its busy it really well , everyone helps with what they can , usually is hasn't been busy
Review
PRESTIGE COSMETICS ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 29, 2017
Ulta was a great company to work at as a student. The company is very respectful of your availability. I would highly recommend working there part-time..
Loved working here!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYOctober 29, 2017
Working at Ulta has been my favorite place to work so far. They provided a clean, friendly, fun environment. The management was great and I met a lot of amazing people. I would definitely recommend working here if you have a love for beauty, skincare, makeup, and helping customers find the right product for them.
Customers are amazing
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 29, 2017
The best part of working at Ulta is the customers who are amazng. I liked being challanged every day. We are like family at Ulta always bringing each other up/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ulta. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9