Ultimate Medical Academy Employee Reviews

Great place to teach!
Online Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2017
I work as an online adjunct for the Gen Ed dept and I love what I do and the courses I teach. The curriculum is great and makes students think how their education and courses will help them in their future health care career. The initial online training was great and allowed me to fully understand the school and courses I would be teaching. Students can be difficult at times but like any school, they want to know you care and reaching out to them and motivation can do wonders. I would love to teach online full time with UMA and would recommend to anyone!
Pros
Remote work, great resources and support, flexibility
Cons
Would love to work as a full time online instructor
Bad management, but great environment
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2017
It is a very competitive and a cut-throat job. You must meet your metrics, or you have the danger of losing your job. Job security is always a concern and people are getting fired constantly. The environment was fun, but the micromanaging was horrible. They do not care about their employees. We are just a number to them. There is no warning when they fire you either.
Pros
Benefits, pay, and environment
Cons
Micromanaging, job security, and stress
Very unethical
Academic Adviser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
Management are narcissistic and contradictary. Rules and policies change literally daily. You are given unrealistic expectations to try and "motivate" poor performing students to turn in their work/improve their grades. When you cannot get students to answer the phone or reply to emails, you are expected to stalk them using unethical and possibly illegal means.

Many of the student have cognitive or emotional disabilities and are not at all appropriate to be in school, yet they are talked into it by the recruiters and tricked into taking out large student loans and then talked into staying in the school even after they have failed miserably.

The school is run by former Trump University admin. Horrible place to work knowing you are forced to cheat vulnerable people.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Complete and total scam
Loved It
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2017
Very fun and exciting atmosphere! Hard to advance in the company but the culture is nice! High energy and lots of perks. The constant quota is a challenge.
Pros
games
Cons
quotas
Good Company
Dental Assistant Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2017
Good Company and good office culture.They care about their employees and the students. The school provided a great budget for material and resources.
Productive and Engagine Workplace
Adjunct Instructor - Online (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Ultimate Medical Academy for the past five years. The staff is awesome and the company support is excellent. I highly recommend UMA.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, inclusive environment
Cons
No full time postions for online instructors
I love this place
Interview Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
Endless opportunities, I love my job and my team. My manager is very supportive and my team is all about one another success. The hardest part is the repetition and the cost of health insurance. The best part is the work life balance and the pay.
May 8, 2017

Keep up the great work! Helping our students position themselves for success in the interview process so they land a great job is what UMA is all about. You are continuing to make an impact on our students and fulfilling our mission, empowering students to have a successful career in healthcare. Thank you for doing what you do!

Fast-paced, high-stress, yet rewarding company
SF (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
UMA is a fast-paced, high-stress, yet rewarding company to grow with. There is very little down-time and finding a work/life balance can be difficult at times considering the business seems to always be expanding. The alternative, of course, is a company that offers little room for advancement and provides minimal challenges. If you strive to constantly take on new things and value career growth and opportunity then UMA will be a great place to work and thrive in.
Pros
Advancement, growth opportunities, strong leaders, good compensation
Cons
Average benefit packages, cut-throat mentality, work/life balance
May 8, 2017

We appreciate your kind comments about UMA and your work experience. Student finance professionals are invaluable when it comes to helping our students make well-informed choices. We agree that UMA continues to evolve at a frenetic pace as the needs of our students evolve, and as we learn on how to make their experience more exceptional each day. We’re glad you enjoyed your time here, and we thank you for the dedication you provided to our students.

Always fun activities at the school
Registrar Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 13, 2017
Busy atmosphere, always something different that is learned. Students make the days fun and instructors make it productive. Not much training in the department I work in but still manage to complete tasks that are given. Enjoy working with staff and students everyday.
Cons
not enough training from management
May 8, 2017

Dear Registrar Coordinator, our students are the reason we do this day in and day out, and it’s people like you who play a role in their success. If you have suggestions on training or questions regarding the topic, feel free to reach out to HR or send us a note at social@ultimatemedical.edu. Many of our training opportunities are run through the talent management department that offers a diverse group of programs for staff each month. If you don’t see something you want, let us know – much of what we do is based upon input from folks like you. Keep up the great work!

High turn Over
Career Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
This company pays really well however the turn over is ridiculously high. The metrics are nearly impossible to meet and they fire employees on a regular basis who have been with the company 2+ years.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
High turn over
May 8, 2017

Career advisors play a vital role in our students’ continued success. We’re sorry to hear things did not work out for you – we agree, it’s a challenging mission and goal, but it drives us toward success each day. We thank you for your dedication to our mission, vision and values and best wishes in the future.

Very Stressful
Enrollment Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 11, 2017
A lot of pressure for high amount of work with no mistakes. Little professionalism. Difficult dealing with rude people on a daily basis. Gained a lot of experience with Microsoft Office.
Pros
Lots of foods often
Cons
High demand to always be at desk, lots of pressure
May 8, 2017

Dear former Enrollment Operation Coordinator, thank you for your feedback. Accuracy is of utmost importance when it comes to student records, accreditation and compliance. Successful staff have a keen eye for attention to detail and keep a positive mental attitude as we work together for success. UMA is continually evolving and strives to give employees the best work experience to empower our students to succeed. We appreciate your dedication to our mission and wish you nothing but the best in your future pursuits.

Great experience for medial providers
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineApril 10, 2017
Great work enviroment
Team work encouraged
Nurse to patient ratio is competitive
Salaries are competitive
Opportunities for advancement
Upgrades are being made to the facility and its equipment
May 8, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. Keep you the great work educating our students and giving them the motivation to be the best they can be.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
Raises, normal business hours, PTO, excellent benefits. Only thing I did not like was having to meet budget numbers each month. Most managers are pretty laid back though.
May 8, 2017

Dear former Admissions Representative, thank you for dedication to many of our newest students and living out our mission daily. We appreciate the time you spent at UMA and wish you all the best in the future.

Metrics Metrics Metrics!
Alumni Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33617April 4, 2017
I enjoyed my position at UMA and learned a great deal from my team members. The diversity was fantastic as I met some really wonderful people who will be lifetime friends. I had a traumatic event in June 2016 which required a craniotomy. I was unable to drive a vehicle to work for several months. With this stipulation, UMA released me from employment.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Great personal manager, however the culture could use a lot of improvement
Student Loan Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
The manager of the department is really great, but the company micro manages everything we do now, we have to stop everything we are doing to stop and explain to the team lead what we did that hour. Very frustrating and time consuming. The moral has dropped and the team is very frustrating. Unfortunately, the favoritism is so bad that certain people can get away with breaking violations because they are liked and other are held to a much stricter code of conduct. The kitchen is always a mess and not sanitary and so are the bathrooms. I used to enjoy working there despite the consent moving of out desks and having the occasional upper management being very belittling. However, the general job was nice but not anymore. Everything is held under a microscope, I don't mind regulations but this is a whole new extreme. I can't wait to get out very unhappy.
Pros
The benefits are pretty good
Cons
constently having to move our desk, heavy mirco managing.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are consistently working on ways to improve our institution and encourage suggestions and feedback. Our employees are vital to our student’s success and we know certain roles are more challenging than others but we thank you for your continued dedication to our mission, vision and values and know that you are making a positive change daily in the lives of our students. We’ll pass this information along to management and HR but please feel free to reach out to HR and social@ultimatemedical.edu if you’d like to discuss further.

Opportunity to advise students regarding their education and goals; help students learn study skills, organization, prioritization, and time managemen
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
While working at Ultimate Medical Academy, I felt satisfied knowing that I was helping students stay focused to attain their goals. The main focus, however, was retention. There was an ethical conflict I had trying to retain some students knowing that their financial aid would run out before they graduated.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for living our mission daily and transforming the lives of our students during your time at UMA. We care deeply about how our employees feel and encourage them to speak with a supervisor or HR if they have any concerns. If you would like to discuss your concern, you can reach me at social@ultimatemedical.edu or contact HR. We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.

Fun atmosphere; good pay; questionable morals
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
UMA was a decent first "real" job for me. However, the work was repetitive and boring at times. The location where I was hired provides a fun atmosphere but job security is poor.
Fun Workplace with Great Management
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2017
Although it was A LOT of work non-stop all day, it was a great company to work for. Management always kept things exciting and fun for employees. There was always room for advancement and they were very understanding when real-life things happened. Employees weren't punished for having to deal with things outside of work. I felt good about what I was doing to help the students.
Pros
Insurance, Holiday party, parties, games
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
May 8, 2017

Dear former student advisor, thank you for your feedback. We thank you for the time you spent at UMA and the dedication you showed toward our students. Best of luck in future employment.

Nice office
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2017
Metrics are required, but you do get to work your desk at your own pace. Managers work with you to help control your graduates and your employer outreach.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Metrics
Excellent Workplace
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 25, 2017
Being on both sides of the fence as a student and now an instructor my experience has been wonderful. They go above and beyond to see their students succeed and as staff it is always a team effort to be see our students be successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Medical Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7