Ultimate Medical Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Re-Entry Advisor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2016
Very well balance and fun place to work. Also, very gratifying. Speaking to students and motivating them to graduate was awesome.
Pros
Students, management, team.
Fun place to work
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 14, 2016
Great enviroment. If your a person that loves nose you need to work here. Especially if you like to motivate others but you must be assertive
laidback environment
Online Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Very laidback but competetive environment; must understand the importance of numbers needed to be met; requires overtime to exceed most months.
Great for personal and professional growth
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 1, 2016
UMA is a nice place to work. Yes, some days are very stressful, but others are extremely rewarding. There are some big personalities and challenging metrics, but overcoming obstacles is the name of the game. In career services, you have to develop yourself professionally in order to successfully advocate for your graduates. If you're just chasing a paycheck and lack a capacity for personal growth, it may work out for a while, but you won't be happy. On the brighter side, if you are focused on betterment and the development of yourself and your graduates, you will love UMA. The support and training they provide is very instrumental, but you have to use it! It is a call center job, but you have to build relationships. You have to ask the hard questions, take the rejections, offer your support. They push the "changing people's lives" angle pretty hard, which I admit, I thought was cheesy in the beginning. Then, it happened. Then it continued to happen. It is a great feeling to hear how thankful people are when you make a huge impact on their life by "just doing your job." The naysayers are ugly side of UMA. The pay is good, so they just hold on as long as they can and try to take a few with them on the way down. If you have a positive outlook, or you are trying really hard to, UMA is full of forward thinking, bright, supportive professionals who want you on their team. It's not your average workplace. It's high energy, and they really do try very hard to make it fun. To sum it all up, sometimes I have to hit the mute button and swear out loud, but sometimes  more... I smile until it hurts.  less
Pros
Impact, teammates, beautiful office building, pay
na
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
Faced paced environment
how to market a student
management is not good they have a lot of pressure
co workers under pressure
everyday is a hard day
I do not wish to disclose
patient customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
no open door policy, no job training. not working with employees to enhance better or working with them to be better employees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Very Difficult to Work For
New Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
I worked for this company for roughly over six months, I know I was not a picture perfect employee but honestly I was extremely under-qualified for this job as was the case with many of my co-workers. The trainer does an amazing job at training you the only problem is none of it actually helps when it comes toward dealing with the students. This is not a school it is a company, the main concern is money and it may be a nice pay check but at the cost of many under-privileged individuals.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Very, very unprofessional
Goal Oriented and Results Driven
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2016
A typical day at work is knowing the goals of the day and week. Having fun in achieving these goals and priorities is important while working in an environment that is positive and working with a supportive leadership. Co-workers will help each other as we all come with different backgrounds and educational levels.
Benefits
Cons
no tuition reiumbursement
Definitely NOT for everyone
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 15, 2016
This is the kind of job you accept while you are in between jobs and you just need a few pay checks in the meantime. This is not a stable job at all. In admissions you have to dial "leads" several times a day. Your "DOA" will lie to you and tell you they are new leads when they are NOT. You will be harassing people all day long until they enroll. They want you to tell a student anything to get them to enroll. If you are an honest person this isn't the job for you as they are a very unethical company. The pay is great and honestly some of the people were really awesome. The $16 an hour is great for a job that isn't too hard however there is no job security!! You will notice your director interviewing and hiring people contsantly. There's a lot of gossip here. If you are a serious adult looking for a job with stability this isn't for you, however if you are in your early 20's and you need a job for a few months, where you can dress up and gossip all day this is a perfect fit. Also you are hired as a temp and they will let you go after 90 days if you don't perform. I made sure I got a REAL job before those 90 days were up. The school itself sucks, has a sketchy accreditation and should be shut down and it was hard for me to try to enroll people who truly wanted to better themselves in a school I didn't believe in. Honestly there is a reason they are always hiring on indeed. Whatever you do don't accept a job from here, and if you do make sure it's temporary until you find something more legitimate.
Pros
Food trucks
Cons
No cafeteria, nasty bathrooms, unrealistic goals, drama in the workplace
Good Ol boy club
Senior Admissions Advisor (campus/online) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
No matter how great you are at your job- you will not be promoted unless you are either really good friends with the higher ups or sleep with a member of management. They have people in management roles who have no knowledge of education industry but because you go out drinking with them- that will make you qualified. So if you like to party then go for it. But if you are actually a hard working individual then keep it moving.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Productive and challenging place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2016
Good place to work if you like to be stagnant in your position. Most promotions are giving externally, not internally.

My co-workers are very supportive, and it is they that makes this place an exciting place to work.

Students can be challenging but watching them succeed outweighs the challenge.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Budget Cuts

Comment – June 14, 2016

Dear instructor, thanks for all you do day in and day out for our students and helping UMA fulfill its mission. Your hard work is reflected in the success of our students - both academically and when it comes to finding that first job out of school. Keep up the great work and thanks for making UMA a positive place for our students to achieve their dreams.

Busy
Associate Career Advisor III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2016
You need thick skin to work this job and be prepared to always on the phone, MUST be able to multitask, be patient, meet daily/monthly metrics, responsible and people person.
Pros
great work schedule- weekends off
Cons
metric based

Comment – June 14, 2016

Dear career services advisor, thank you for sharing your feedback about working at our school. And thank you so much for all you do for our students and supporting our mission. Helping soon-to-be-graduates navigate the world of job applications, interviews and transitioning from school to the workplace is no easy task. With the herculean efforts of folks like yourself, you and the UMA team make it happen every day. And for that we are grateful. Keep up the good work!

fun place to work
Sr. Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2016
work hard play hard like any other job do what you need to do and you will be fine.'good people I don't know what else to say or why your making me do this but that's all

Comment – June 14, 2016

Hi career advisor... sorry to see you are no longer on the UMA team. I hope your next chapter in your own career is rewarding and fulfilling. Thank you for your effort and dedication to helping our students during your UMA tenure. Best wishes on future success.

Fun and rewarding place. Work hard, play harder.
Admission Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2016
Working here has helped me perfect my customer service skills and professionalism. The hardest part was meeting our budgets which becomes stressful at times. The enjoyable part was the rewards we received when we did great as a team.

Comment – June 14, 2016

Admission representatives are an integral aspect of the student experience - the first impression of UMA that our new students encounter. Your dedication to helping these new students navigate the complex world of starting school - and supporting them through each step of the journey - is so important to fulfilling our mission. Thank you so much for your dedication and outstanding customer service and professionalism. Here's to a wonderful future - filled with success!

Growing Company
Current Employee (5 years) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2016
Being there for so long, I can say that it's definitely a growing company. I do know that if you are reliable, respectable, hard working, and hit your numbers for enrollments and starts, then you should be able to stay there a long long time.

I'm glad the place is getting a makeover, it needs it. Especially the restrooms. Also glad to hear about the random drug testing.

The rap music and today's hip hop really needs to stop. Too many student's hear it and it's just not a good "look" for them to imagine us in. The short dresses and 4 inch heels need to be more strictly enforced to not allow. It's freezing in there. Freezing.

Hard to have any plans, spend with loved ones, or time for errands during the week after getting home btwn 7:45-9:30pm at least 3 nights. But you just have to make due.

Upper Management is awesome! How many companies can you say that in?

Love the random free lunches, Cold Stone Ice Cream Truck, Cuban cofffee, etc that just puts a pep in the step from the surprise. The outtings/functions, volunteer events for good causes, fun theme days, and holiday parties.

For any manager....I see so much of this. If there are a group of people that you manage that aren't doing their share, have just them be talked to or met with. Don't include the ones who ARE pulling their weight and work hard every day. It only makes them feel like they aren't noticed and appreciated.
Pros
Benefits, functions, my group of friends, upper management, my job itself
Cons
Non-Professional loud music- Long hours, Stress and pressure can be exhausting.

Comment – June 14, 2016

Hi admissions staffer, thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback regarding your time at UMA. Your support of our students during their on-boarding is instrumental in ensuring their success at our school. You set the tone in admissions and your positive attitude and dedication to the mission is so important. For that, we are grateful. I will share your feedback with the senior team to make sure they get your input. Don't be shy about sharing it face-to-face whenever it's on your mind. Your input helps shape the future of your department, UMA and the long term success of our students. Keep up the great work.

Fun place to work, must meet budget
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2016
Great environment to work but it is considered a sales job. The pay is good but the job is not really considered a stable job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Sales

Comment – June 14, 2016

Hi admissions representative... sorry to see that you are no longer with UMA. Supporting new students during enrollment can be a challenging opportunity at times, but it is also very rewarding. Thank you for supporting our students and best wishes to you as you pursue the next chapter in your own career.

Solid front-line position
Academic Adviser- Learner Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2016
A great solid job for any beginning career-oriented individual. this company provides ample information on advancement and is very big on promoting from within.

Comment – May 6, 2016

Thanks for your review! We're glad to have you on the team and thanks for all that you do each and every day supporting our students on their academic journey at our school. Your hard work goes a long way.

Comment – June 14, 2016

Learner services advisors are such an integral part of the UMA student experience. We're so glad you're part of our team and that you appreciate the training and advancement opportunities. We genuinely value our LSAs and the work you do makes a positive impact in the lives of our students every day. Thank you for all you do in support of our mission.

Fun place to work
Recruiter / Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoy this job a lot. Fun to work with students. Got a great sense of accomplishment while signing students in the school.
Pros
Good energy place
Cons
we only had 3 programs to offer our students - school closed

Comment – May 6, 2016

Hi Career Services Advisor! Thanks for your review. UMA has not closed the school, but nonetheless we're sorry to see you go. Best wishes on your next endeavors!

Comment – June 14, 2016

Hi CSA: thank you so much for all that you have done for our students. Helping them transition from being a student to working a full-time job is a rewarding experience. All best as you start the next chapter in your own career.

Fast Paced Good Place to Work
Director of Student Communications (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2016
Be ready for a lot of work, but if you are good you will be successful. Leadership is fair, but it's growing, so there is a lot of changes. However, they are willing to try new things and are open to new ideas.

Comment – May 6, 2016

Thanks for you feedback, Director! Your hard work makes a tremendous impact on our student success and we appreciate all that you do! You're correct that UMA supports ideas from all sources -- if it benefits our students, we'll try it!

Comment – June 14, 2016

Hi Director - thank you for your tireless dedication to the UMA mission and supporting our students. Keep up the hard work and your eye on the ball and we will all go far together!

This place is an absolute circus
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 18, 2016
I was recently hired to work in the call center at the Tampa location under the impression that this was a professional place of business -- was I ever wrong. First off they have these morning pow wows where they play loud music, mostly hip- hop , and do these chants to get you energized for the day. Great concept but a little over the top for me as an adult and obviously for the hire ups because I did not see any of THEM acting like an idiot and chanting yet they encourage you to. Second they teach you this qualitative approach that they expect you to use to get people to enroll in their school however they use this same approach to get you excited about a career there that will most likely end in your termination after 90 days--hence the extremely high turnover rate. It seems like they will hire anybody that can halfway speak the English language, has reliable transportation, no conscience and a decent background check--and even that is questionable. If you are desperate for money and don't mind working in an extremely unprofessional environment THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
Pros
1 dollar red bull machine
Cons
Everything Else

Comment – May 6, 2016

Hi there admissions advisor - I can certainly see that our school wasn't the right place for you. But, that doesn't mean it's not the right place for our students who thrive because of the hands on support provided by our dedicated staff. Best wishes to you on your next career endeavor!

Comment – June 14, 2016

We do get a lot of positive feedback regarding the $1 Red Bulls. I'm always amazed at what people find to be a great benefit. But, I also know that creating a lot of positive energy and team building helps facilitate high performance, positive attitudes and goal attainment. I can clearly read that you did not enjoy your experience at UMA and we wish you all the best as you start the next chapter of your own career journey.

2.7