Ultimate Software is seeking a highly motivated Data Integration Developer who can rise to the challenge of a high performance culture. This person will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of ETL solutions using Informatica PowerCenter, that meet requirements for a data warehouse system. The ideal candidate should be able to provide simple, scalable, and often creative solutions to complex problems.
As a Jr Informatica/ETL Developer on our team, you will be working with product owners and business users to clarify and lead design discussions. This new team member will be a key contributing member of the core Integration team working on our award-winning SaaS enterprise Human Capital Management solution, which is delivered to 2500+ customers worldwide.
Ultimate is ranked #20 in FORTUNE's 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2014.” Ultimate is the top ranked cloud provider as well as the only HCM provider on the list. This is the third year in a row we have been listed on FORTUNE’s list. We were ranked #9 in 2013 and #25 in 2012. Ultimate is also ranked #4 on the inaugural list of “Ten Great Workplaces for Millennials” produced by Great Place to Work®’s Great Rated!™ This helps explain why Ultimate Software is able to attract the country’s top talent—we pride ourselves on treating our entire team so well, they never want to leave. The position will be located at our Atlanta GA office.
Take a look at our company culture: http://bit.ly/1nYvenD
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! http://bit.ly/1AumZp2
- Automate ETL processes using Informatica PowerCenter
- Improve programmer's productivity by creating clean, simple APIs and tools
- Responsible for defining the PowerCenter architecture and developing solutions
- Work closely with software developers and architects to deploy solutions to production
- Work closely with product management and to identify business needs and develop solutions
- Design of the master data and Meta data layers of the solution
- Design all extraction and integration (ETL) processes
- Implement execution framework including reporting, auditing and alerting
- Maintain Data lineage from source system to the data warehouses
- Work closely with Technical Architects, QA, Business Intelligence Analysts, BI/Report Designers, Data Stewards, Database developers, Database Administrators and support staff throughout the full Data warehouse life cycle
- Mentor team members in BI/ETL/Database development and support practices
- Perform data analysis and propose and ensure transformation covers all data possibilities including managing data anomalies
- Maintain a deep understanding of the integrated data and work with end users for how to best interpret
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting skills to assist in resolving errors and performance issues including tier 2 production supports
- Maintain confidentiality of all data
- 2-5 years of experience working with large enterprise class Data Warehouse projects as an ETL Developer
- Solid working experience in Informatica PowerCenter 9.x, Data Exchange/Data Transformation (DX/DT) environments
- Strong experience and passion for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing design principles and industry best practices
- Experience in requirements gathering and creating architectural, detail design documents and mapping documents
- Experience with many of the transformations of Informatica including complex lookups, stored procedures, update strategy, mapplets, etc.
- Skilled in developing Informatica objects - mappings, sessions, and workflows based on the prepared low level design documents
- Experience in debugging mappings and identifying errors and error rows so that they can be corrected and re-loaded into a target system
- Performance tuning of Informatica Mappings, processes, and load routines
- Experience with Data Integration Web Services, Data Quality, and Data Validation Option
- Ability to work efficiently following an Agile Methodology
- Analyze business requirements holistically and as they relate to the ETL process, research, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions
- Experience automating ETL processes with Informatica PowerCenter
- Ability to perform relational and multidimensional modeling and schema creation.
- Development of cube dimensions, measure groups, calculations, and any data management code for the partitioning schemes.
- Good understanding of XML and corresponding XSD's
- Solid experience in database query/performance optimizations
- Ability to interact with other departments and business users who are not as technical in nature
- Ability to understand system functionality, process, and architecture at a technical and business level
- Experience with SQL Server 2005 and 2008 in the areas of database administration, as well as schema design, database object development, management, optimization, and T-SQL programming
- Hands on experience with Informatica Cloud Services
- Hands on experience with REST API
- Experience in HRMS/Payroll industry and/or Ultimate Software’s products a plus
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard