Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Best company I've ever worked for -- really!!
Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 1, 2016
I've worked here for just under 7 years now and can honestly say it's been the best place I've ever worked. I came here in search of better work-life balance, a more rewarding career, better management, and just to be happy again at work. I got so much more! Ultimate is like a family. My manager genuinely cares about me, not just the work I do. What's more, the benefits offered by Ultimate are amazing. I've never worked for a company that took care of its employees like this.

Is every day or everything perfect? Of course not. But you simply can't beat this kind of company culture. I can't imagine ever working anywhere else. Needless to say, I'm planning to work at Ultimate for a very long time.
Pros
Company culture, team events, benefits, great people, supportive management
Cons
Fast growth can sometimes cause frequent internal changes (team structure, etc.)
Great Company
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virtual - CAAugust 26, 2016
Ultimate is ahead of the game in treating people with respect and helping other companies to do the same. The management team is amazing, company culture is great. 40% of employees work out of Weston, FL, and another 40% work from home all over the country. They are serious about building team work and relationships.

The hardest part is the fast growth. There's not much balance right now while tenured employees are training new people, and new people have way too much on their plates. It's great to have a supportive team, but I'm working very long hours with not much relief in site. It seems like once we hire for the load we have, then sales kicks it into high gear, and we're still trying keep up.

It's a great product and a great company. I expect to be here for the rest of my career.
Pros
Flexibility, virtual, strong culture, great benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance

Comment – August 30, 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoy our flexible work environment! Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it.

Comment – August 31, 2016

Thank you so much for providing us with feedback. We're so glad to hear you enjoy our People First culture! Have a great day!

Best Place to Work Hands Down...
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2016
I joined Ultimate Software in 2014 and it was the best decision I have made in my career. Everyone from the CEO on down treats one another like family. Incredible employee benefits, care and concern for each and every employee and their families. The culture is amazing and we do our very best to extend that to our customers. Everyone truly cares about providing world class service and support to our customers. We get incredible support from our peers and leadership alike. There are ample opportunities for personal and professional growth. Ultimate invests a lot into developing their employees. Everyone at Ultimate if fully vested in the success of the company. People truly do come First. No plans on ever leaving...
Pros
Employee/Family Benefits paid 100%, 401K Benefits, Equity in the company, Annual trips, Training Events, Culture, Career Development Opportunities
Will be here forever!
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 18, 2016
I've had a long and rich career but have never worked any where with a culture like Ultimate Software. It is such a positive and inspiring culture. I am excited to go to work every day. I have always enjoyed my career and love it even more here. My team that I work with every day I consider family. They are so incredibly supportive in every way. We work very hard and enjoy every moment of it. It's all about the people and how we support and encourage each other to be the best we can be and as a result Ultimate Software is growing like crazy and with that we are all ensuring even with the growth we keep the culture as it is; absolutely amazing.
Pros
The people, the work, the benefits, the culture
Cons
Not enough days in the week to enjoy it

Comment – November 1, 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoy all the Ulti Peeps and our company culture! Thanks so much for your feedback.

The best company to work for in my opinion!
Strategic Engagement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virtual from homeSeptember 20, 2016
I have worked for Ultimate for 6 years and cannot imagine working anywhere else! From the top levels of leadership down, Ultimate encourages work/life balance as well as personal and professional development. I work from home as does approximately 40% of the work force and the flexibility that allows helps me make the most of my time away from work with my family. My co-workers are fun, kind, supportive, encouraging and always willing to share knowledge or jump on a call to help out. Travel is limited in my position to around 3-4 times a year and often to a beautiful, beach-side hotel. The executives are approachable and treat all levels of employees with kindness and respect, constantly letting us know that what we do every day helps the company succeed. Medical benefits are fully paid for myself and my family and 401k is matched at a very high percentage. I cannot say enough great things about Ultimate Software and highly recommend it!
Pros
Paid medical, work from home, work/life balance, excellent culture
Cons
I cannot think of a single one!
Can't Beat it!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2016
I left a higher salary position to take the opportunity to join this amazing company and I have NEVER regretted the decision! I love the positivity my team and this company provides on a daily basis! At first I kept an email folder to capture those nice words spoken by management thinking that it would wear off - let me tell you it hasn't. My team is competitive in a healthy, generous way and constantly supports each other. And the best part is that I get to be a part of finding talent to join this amazing company! What a gift!
Pros
Positive environment, benefits, recognition, Work from Home, Supportive Team, Fun environment; and so much more

Comment – November 1, 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoy your team and being able to work from home! Thanks so much for your feedback.

Best place to work....ever.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  WestonSeptember 26, 2016
I dont even know where to begin to describe the culture and benefits of working at Ultimate Software.

The work is as challenging as you want to make it, the people especially management want to see YOU succeed and know that if you succeed that they will too. They happily provide training both online and in person.

So they take care of everything they can to make you happy, things like 100% medical for whole family....subsidized hot lunches, massages, exercises, stretching, even car washes. Oh yeah and thats just onsite they help even more offsite with discounts on things like movies, theme tickets, rental cars, hotels....

All this just so YOU can get better at what you do, or even what you want to do because they are big enough they can help you transition to other areas.

What do they ask in return: You treat them as family, take responsibility for your work, care about your team, and be the best you, you can be.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, People, Work, Play.....
Cons
Its so good I have a hard time with people believing me...Its frustrating sometimes

Comment – September 28, 2016

We're happy to hear you enjoy our culture and benefits! Thank you so much for providing us with feedback.

This place is unreal
Payroll Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 7, 2016
I have never had a job where I wake up on a Monday and can't wait to get to work. My mind is challenged by the work, The people are great, everyone supports you and makes sure you get up to speed as quick as possible.
Pros
Cluture -100% employer paid benefits, 40% ( soon to be 50%) match on every dollar of 401k, Challenging work; never the same thing, Dedicated team willing to help whenever you need it, Fun work culture and activities, Hire to Retire mentality ( Career not a Job), Amazing opportunity for growth
Cons
Honestly my only Con is that I din't find Ultimate sooner.
Best company I've ever worked for
Talent System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 20, 2016
I'm coming up on my 2-year anniversary with Ultimate. I worked with them as a customer before leaving a previous company and making a major career change. When I got a chance to apply for a position at Ultimate, I couldn't believe my good fortune. There hasn't been a single experience I've had from the moment I was first hired that hasn't reinforced that I was working for a company that embodies my beliefs and values about how employees should be treated.

It is a gift for me to attend annual meetings when I can look around the room and see such incredible diversity in our employees. Although I work remote, I feel every day that I'm part of the team. I have work-life balance for the first time in the last 30 years of employment.

This company takes it's motto 'People First' seriously. Everyone I've encountered so far lives this in their work relationships. I'm looking forward to many more years being an 'Ultipeep.'
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, great benefits, interesting and challenging work, phenomenal leadership
Cons
Cannot think of a single con.
Best Place to Work!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 16, 2016
I've worked at Ultimate for over 4 years. The benefits are great, lots of career advancement opportunity, management really listens and the work is extremely engaging!
The benefits include great paid time off, 100% paid health benefits, great 401K match and for many positions the ability to work 100% remote. Everyone from the C level down is approachable and will take the time to make sure any suggestions, concerns or otherwise are evaluated which is unheard of.
The reason I put the 4/5 stars for Work/Life balance is that there are most certainly times where deadlines have to be met and extra hours have to be put in, however this is infrequent.
Co-workers are great, and in every group I've worked in the people genuinely enjoy working with each other and spend time hanging out with each other outside the office.
One of the best programs is 48 hours. This program happens 2 times per year. Everyone in the company is given 2 work days of time to design and build any project they want and present it to a panel of senior management and live streamed to the rest of the company. Winner receive a trophy and often results from the event are incorporated into products.
Pros
Benefits, Co-Workers, Facilities, Management
Absolutely LOVE the culture and collaboration in Scottsdale
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaAugust 17, 2016
I'm so thankful to be part of such a great company and culture. I am inspired by the colleagues I work with every single day, even colleagues who manage other payrolls are supportive and the first to help when issues or questions arise. Leadership has fostered and encouraged work life balance, a fun and collaborative balance between getting the work done, and getting it done with some fun in our day. The willingness to teach, coach, mentor and train is never ending by most in this office. (The food is never ending too)

I think management has worked hard to transform the culture and morale of this office. Vast improvements have been made in affording colleagues work from home days, early outs when possible, a family first mentality but also an expectation of being the best in the industry which comes with hard work, collaborative thinking, engagement and knowledge.

The Scottsdale office has no shortage of fun. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Onboarding process could be better

Comment – August 30, 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoy our Scottsdale office culture! Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it.

Love my company!
Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2016
When I began at Ultimate Software a few years ago, I didn't realize how much fun working could be. I now come to meet a 2nd family, if you will, each and every day to interact while working hard for our customers and my team. They say that if you truly love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. It feels like I'm not working a lot of days here, simply because of the atmosphere and culture that we have. Never going to give this up!
Pros
Company Paid Health Insurance, Culture of US, 401k, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Some days can be long!
UltiPeep for Life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 7, 2016
I've been in the working world for 25 years. I have never seen a company display this level of encouragement for personal and professional development before becoming an UltiPeep. From our very first day, we are given every tool imaginable to learn and grow to help advance in our career. The leadership goes to such great lengths to make sure you know you are a huge part of why Ultimate is successful, and how much you are appreciated both as an employee and as a person. I can never say enough good things about Ultimate. I can only be so very grateful to be a part of this amazing company.
Pros
Free insurance, 40% 401k match, stocks, PTO, great pay, advancement opportunity, tuition reimbursement, otj training
Amazing culture, best benefits, family atmosphere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 31, 2016
I have worked at plenty of organizations that try to get it right, but Ultimate actually does. From the top-down, this company believes in putting People First. Scott Scherr is one of the most down-to-earth and nice CEOs you will find anywhere.

My co-workers are all amazing and management is forgiving and always looking for teaching moments. I couldn't be happier coming into work here.
Pros
great benefits, fun culture, family atmosphere
Cons
nothing
If all businesses were like Ultimate, capitalism would have no problems
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  VirtualAugust 31, 2016
Ultimate Software is the best place I have ever worked, and it's not even close. Management truly believes in putting employees first, from the CEO on down.

The company pays 100% of family healthcare premiums, which alone would put them ahead of 99% of other businesses. But they also offer a host of other benefits and perks, go to great lengths to reward their employees and make them feel included. The company also is generous to charities, lends aid to any misfortune outside the company (just in 2016, the Ft. McMurray fire in Canada and the Louisiana flood) or inside it (ex: an employee died from being struck by lighting, and the company raised more than $500,000 to support his widow and children).

Within that culture, hard work is rewarded and you have the freedom to find your own path to success. Co-workers are overwhelmingly bright and motivated, and there's not much turnover because people are happy in the #ultibubble.

I'm grateful to be part of such an amazing organization. We have a great product, and we're motivated and empowered to sell, improve, and support that product. And things just keep getting better.
Pros
Benefits, work culture, freedom to succeed with your own approach
Cons
I haven't found any "cons" yet.
This place is the real deal - best culture, truly good people, treated with respect
Communications Leader (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 21, 2016
I've been at Ultimate for 18 years, most of my professional career. I thought I would just work here for a few years and then move on, but once I got in and saw what a rare culture it is and experienced a company run with such genuine integrity, I had no desire to leave.

I have been treated with incredible respect and support, been given tremendous opportunity for growth, and am constantly challenged. Almost every day, the decisions of this company remind me that businesses can be both ethical and successful, can treat employees and customers generously, and can still be highly effective and competitive. It's hard to really describe the environment here without sounding like I am drinking some kool-aid, but it is just the real deal. Never want to leave if I can help it.
Pros
Truly decent people, given lots of autonomy, understand how your job affects success of business
Love the Culture - Have to pinch myself to believe it's true
Customer Success Manager (Current Employee) –  VirtualSeptember 20, 2016
Grateful to be working at Ultimate as I am encouraged daily and empowered to make independent decisions for our customers! Our senior leadership promised 3+ years ago to me when I started that if I take of the customers that they will take care of me and they absolutely have. We are provided unparalleled benefits, competitive wages, and virtual working opportunities.

The people that I get to work with every day are some of the kindest people I know and are truly my second family. I see myself retiring from here and grateful for each day!
Pros
virtual working opportunities and leadership support
Cons
can't think of any :)
Remote Employees Don't Exist To Office Management
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLOctober 18, 2016
There was no chance for a virtual employee to advance if any of your team worked in the office. This went on for many years. They had no plan to support your clients if you were off a day or went on vacation. Your work was typically waiting for you when you got back. Once had no computer to work with for 10 business days. Couldn't get manager to assist beyond sending an email to the same people I was getting no answer from. All my work, and angry clients, were waiting for me afterwards. This was a constant irritant. You couldn't take any time off without coming back to a huge mess.
Pros
High paying for the industry
Cons
No advancement, unskilled management from heavy nepitism
Ultimate Rocks!!!
SYSTEM CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2016
Ultimate is a great company! Company paid benefits! Great Management support and one of the best teams I have ever worked on. Downside is the pay, it's about mid-market. Work life balance...you have to really work for it! The company is growing and work is plentiful!
Pros
Smart People, Company paid benefits, customer focused, great teams, great management, RSUs
Cons
Work-life balance, Salary

Comment – November 1, 2016

So happy to hear that you enjoy our benefits! Thanks so much for your feedback.

Excellent company with excellent benefits!
Managed Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 13, 2016
I cannot believe it took me more than 35 years to find my home with an amazing company that treats me all associates as family. When hired they give each employee shares of stock in the company so that we are 'owners'. We have a great work/play atmosphere and everyone is willing to help out each other as needed no matter the reason. The benefits are amazing! We have a great work/life balance and everyone expects you to take care of yourself and family first. The position will be there when you get back. Love the company and I am truly blessed to be a part of it!!!!!
Pros
Benefits, Family Atmosphere, Free food and other items, Work/Play balance
Cons
No cons to mention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5