Ultimate Software Employee Reviews

Great Training
HR/Payroll Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Ultimate has one of the best Trainign in the industry. really making sure their people understand their job and are successful. Can be fast paced at times
Productive nice enviornment
Marketing Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I honestly can't think of a bad day or person while working with Ultimate Software. There was no set routine at work so everyday really felt like a new day to learn and work with the nicest people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment made me more comfortable.
Pros
Co- Workers
Cons
N/a
September 22, 2017

So happy to hear you love working at Ultimate :) Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

Tier II Human Resources Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FL 33326September 17, 2017
Ultimate Software is a great company to work for if you are super technically sound. Nepotism and family environment can be uncomfortable if you are not a member.
September 22, 2017

We're really sorry to hear about your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to continuously improving in the future.

Challenging, but good work environment
Senior Manager, Managed Service Payroll (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 24, 2017
Family like environment, but senior leaders are disconnected. Solid team environment can be performed and there is room for advancement for hardworking top performers.
Pros
Phenomenal beneftis, lots of free meals and EE perks
Cons
Executive leadership does not partner well and are disconnected from lower levels
September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write US a review, glad to hear you enjoyed our benefits and perks.
We value your feedback and will continuously improve in the future.

Relaxed and fun place to work
Payroll Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GeorgiaAugust 22, 2017
My truly ideal place to work , everyone is willing learn anything. The buddy system was great. Working at Ultimate Software feels like family. The number one thing is they put their people first. They volunteer in the community. Train you on the CPP exam and also offer you class and pay for school. You are offered inside promotion before the job is posted to the job board. I like when we win best company to work for we are given an extra PTO day off for that year, l love the qtrly bonus too. Everyone is given two days a week to work from home. Everyone spends a week in corporate which is in Fl. For orientation.
Pros
Free monthly breakfast
Cons
Free healthcare
September 22, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your insights on working at Ultimate Software. We're happy to hear you enjoy our "People First" culture!

Great Culture
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2017
Great company culture, best in business benefits, very competitive pay. Overall great company, but like all companies/positions....management can vary.
The Holy Grail of Companies
Specialty Support - Time (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Coming in day one, you're not quite sure what to expect with all the hype around the company. I will say, everything is 100% true. Benefits are 100% paid for and the 401k match is unheard of for most companies. The management wants you to succeed and if you tell them what career path you want to gravitate to, they'll help you get there. Free food multiple times a month, casual dress code, and newly implemented unlimited PTO.

Now all these perks come with a "cost." The cost is that you have to show up to work and work hard. I don't think that's too much to ask for a company that treats their employees so well. I am doing whatever I can to help the company, which helps myself in turn.

The only 4 star I gave was the work/life balance, due to the stressful year-end schedule on the support side. For about 2-3 months, it is not unheard of to work 10+ hour days and with limited PTO available during that time. However, if you have to do something during the day, go do it and come back (or leave early) and you won't get hassled.

Ultimate Software gives their employees every tool to succeed, so it's up to us to use them. If you're a good person and wants to do the right thing in your life and at work, this is the company for you.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, 100% insurance covered, great people, free food constantly
Cons
Nothing of note
August 1, 2017

So happy to hear you love our benefits and management :) Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

A Great Company to Work For
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 9, 2017
Ultimate Software prides themselves in being a TOP company to work for, in fact they have won many awards. While I did have (mostly) a great experience working for them, I do have some criticism that I hope if head honchos there see it can bring into account and deal with it.

#1 - They hire too many young people. Sorry, but young people might be full of energy, new ideas, great new skills of the latest technologies right out of school...BUT THEY ARE INEXPERIENCED IN LIFE SKILLS. As such the people that hired me (much older than them) did not pay enough attention to who they were hiring and the existing skills I had...they were too hopeful that I had the skills given 33+ years of experience. Unfortunately they expected me to come up to speed on too many new technologies too quickly (in 4 weeks rather than the 8 it actually took me).

#2 - Like nearly all corporations - They have bought into the globalist agenda of everybody must think alike and follow blindly the Politically Correct and Actually Incorrect agenda of the corrupt world leaders. So much so that they actually block out web sites that post real news (line Rense.com) while allowing you to view websites that post fake brainwashing news (like CNN, MSNBC, etc)

Anyway Ultimate Software was very good to me in many ways. They have very nice office space. Lots of great technology to work on and with. Great compensation. Lovely people. Flexible work schedule and the ability to work remotely.

Overall you could do much worse than this company. I only hope the young people there wake up to what is really going on in
  more... the world and help make this corporation stand up to the true corruption in the world and really earn their pride in their company.  less
August 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write US this review and give us valuable feedback, as it helps us improve in the future.

August 1, 2017

Be prepared to say goodbye to you personal life
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 29, 2017
By far the most stressful and unrewarding job I have ever had made worse by unmotivating narcissistic managers. Workload is impossible to maintain unless you are willing to work 24/7
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Their core values sound great but that is not what I've experienced

Comment – June 30, 2017

The health insurance is 100% ER Paid which is wonderful but the copays can be very high followed by bills for services not covered. As a breast cancer survivor my copay for my semi annual check up with my DR was 75.00 followed by a bill for 1250.00 for my visit that was not covered by US my annual mammogram had a copay of 20.00 (most health plans have no copay at all for this wellness visit) then followed by a bill for 65.00 for services again not covered by US. For years I was on my spouses insurance we only changed because it's was ER paid in the end paying for far better health care with my husbands job made much more sense

July 10, 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback, as it helps us to improve in the future. I'm really sorry to hear about your experiences, especially with our health insurance policy. If you'd like to talk about this further, feel free to email socialmedia@ultimatesoftware.com.

Great work, life, balance and management team is good
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 21, 2017
Ultimate Software is a great place to work! It provides work, life,balance and flexibility with working hours. Supervisors were friendly and easy to talk to if you had questions.
Pros
Flexible hours, Free breakfast once a month, food trucks, pool tables

Want to know more about Ultimate Software?

Ask a question
Team work over quality of work
UltiPro BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2017
This Company is great fro people who are ok with being asked to work 24/7. The culture is great and stresses Team work over quality. thats odd for talented people but great for the C and D students. Nothing wrong with that if you are ok working in that environment because you will work longer hours in order to compensate for the slower Team mates.
Pros
Free Health coverage, generous stock plan
Cons
Poor management, team work over real skills, promotion based on years of service not qualifications
June 26, 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to talk about this further, feel free to email socialmedia@ultimatesoftware.com.

Great culture and CEO/CPO
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2017
Great environment to work in, the company's leaders really care about their people. Employee benefits are fantastic and a lot of growth happening. Ultimate Software was an excellent career move! They make the industry seem fun and exciting!!
Pros
Employee perks seem endless
Cons
Payroll and tax business isn't the most appealing
May never go job searching again!
Solution Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualJune 16, 2017
Ultimate has everything I want in an employer: great culture, innovative technology, driven yet friendly colleagues, and an emphasis on servant leadership for managers. My skill set is one that ports to many technology companies, but because of the genuine and supportive environment I get to work in each day, I hope to have the privilege of working here for a very long time.

My love for Ultimate can be summed up by the company's focus: treat employees well, make great products that provide the highest value to customers, and work in earnest to make each customer interaction positive and memorable. Financial success is only ever a byproduct of these goals, and Ultimate has their priorities in the correct order!
Pros
Management, culture, freedom to innovate, colleagues, healthcare and benefits
Highly Empowered to Innovate, Honor our Customers and Each Other
Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Ultimate provides an environment where we are free to think beyond the boundaries of our role and consider how we as individuals - not as support reps, consultants, account managers, developers - can help our customers to be successful.

It is a fast-paced environment where we are empowered to make decisions without micro-management so long as those decisions line up with our culture and vision - always do the right thing, always be the champion for our customers' needs, always be authentic and honest.
Pros
free food, flexible work schedule, work-from-home is available, empowered, my time feels valued and valuable
June 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write US a review! So happy to hear you feel empowered in our work environment :)

True Thoughts
Payroll Tax Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 29, 2017
The company is great and compensation is true to your experience and title. The benefits are fantastic, but the experience and feel of being in the office isn't worth it. The management for the office location I was at was very poor. You're not promoted or considered unless you've worked with the person before or know them personally. I walked in that office everyday for a year and a half with a smile on my face, but always left at the end of the day saddened and uncomfortable of being there. I always felt unaccepted and an outcast, no matter how nice and friendly I was. No one will help you, everyone is there to help themselves succeed rather than work as a team to make each other and the company grow. The new manager of my department obviously never accepted me because apparently I didn't "mingle" enough. When I expressed my feelings and concern to the Director of the department at the time, he had the audacity to say that I was the issue (he's no longer there as well). I was then let go a month later. To this day, some of the people in that department are not being treated the way they should (favoritism from the new manager). Overall, I'm so glad that I was let go. My happiness and health is way too important. The VP's and CEO will need to reevaluate the work ethics of this office and pay closer attention to their employees. They are wolves is sheep's clothing.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Management, Employees, Work Ethics and Culture
June 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to talk about this further, feel free to email socialmedia@ultimatesoftware.com. Hopefully we can improve this in the future.

great place to work
cloud systems engineer (Former Employee) –  weston, floridaMay 27, 2017
great place to work, excellent company. I was given opportunity to learn and grow and advance my knowledge and career. It was a great environment. Also good company benefits
June 19, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! So glad to hear you have been able to learn and grow professionally with US.

I love it here! Best company I have ever worked for.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 18, 2017
I have worked here for almost 2 years and love the interaction with clients and employees. They truly keep the culture alive here by walking the walk.

Scott and Viv are the leaders here and they are amazing.

The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with my team members several times a year. I work virtually so this is key to me feeling part of the team.
Pros
Job, Flexibility, Travel, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Too much food sometimes..
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! So happy to hear you enjoy working with your team and your job flexibility :)

Very impressed!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 18, 2017
This has been my first week at Ultimate Software and I can confirm that I am very impressed by the culture and the company's philosophy. US know's how to integrated their employees especially when you are virtual.You feel the support from your collegues and management as well. What can I say about the benefits and compensation...they are simply amazing!
I truly believe that I will enjoy my time here and that I will be proned to give my 110% every day.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Management
May 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really do appreciate it! So happy to hear you enjoy our culture and philosophy :)

People First
Talent Team (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2017
Ultimate is the best company that I've ever worked for. The great people make the place great - we put people first. Our CEO and founder teaches us to talk the talk, walk the walk, and above all always do the right thing...for your co-worker, your customer, and your community. We work hard...and continually strive to do everything we do better. We also play hard - building lasting friendships with our colleagues. Ultimate is a truly unique place and our UltiPeeps are truly unique people.
Oh and did I happen to mention that the benefits are amazing?!!
May 23, 2017

Glad to hear you enjoy our benefits and People First culture :) Thank you so much for your feedback. We really do appreciate it!

Excellent Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 16, 2017
The company lives up to the hype. I'm amazed that nearly every new hire comes in saying "I didn't believe all the hype could be true... but once I started I see that it is all true and then some!"
Pros
The people first cultures is outstanding and all true
Cons
No cons noteworthy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultimate Software. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5