ULTRA DIAMONDS Employee Reviews

Loved this place
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 9, 2016
It was amazing working here, I sold a lot made connections with many customers, my manager was really cool. The co-workers were friendly, there was no hard part in this job and the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks, good pay and commission
Cons
n/a
stressful and hostile due to poor management
Jewelry Consultant/ 3rd key (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 5, 2013
A typical day at work includes cleaning up after the manager . getting yelled at or disrespected. I have learned to keep my mouth shut and just do my work as i'm told even though it may be being done the wrong way. Management is extremely poor ... She should be retired due to the fact shes running it into the ground and blaming others for her short comings. I enjoy my co-workers to a point there is a lot of laziness by the associates but other then that i enjoy them. The hardest part of the job is not getting frustrated. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and being able to learn about diamonds and gemstones. And to see all the different styles designers have to offer ...it's truly amazing.
Pros
great discounts and good benefits
Cons
management
Just an ok company
Jewelry Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INAugust 23, 2012
Sometimes, usually once a week you had to work a 12 shift. It was very difficult to get breaks with this company. One co-worker got away with so many things that if I'd been manager he would have been fired for verifiable reasons. The only thing I enjoyed about this job was helping customers get what they needed or wanted. To see them smile and be so happy about their purchase made my day.
Pros
commission was ok
Cons
did not get proper training, rarely received breaks, management played favorites, compensation was terrible
Fun Job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baraboo WisconsinNovember 22, 2015
This was a fun job and the pay was good. The only downfall was during the recession upper management made all managers take a 3% decrease in pay,, which doesn;t sound like a lot but when your pay is low to start taking anything is a lot.

Other than that... the job itself was fun and the staff worked well together.
Pros
work environment, employee discounts, fun atmosphere.
Cons
low pay
Very busy place to work following customer needs.
Fine jewelry-Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMarch 28, 2012
As the responcible person for any given task by the store Manager i earn trust and respect even the store closed do to Filenes Basement situation. Responsible for a Fine Jewelry Dept in a large value of Diamonds,value stones and a large amount of cash in a daily basis .The ultimate goal was to provide Exeptional Customer service at all times and increase sales .
Pros
some times we have short breaks .
Cons
no benefits do to part time status .
Its alway great when customers are so giving and it doesn't matter if they spend big or spend little its the thought that counts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 24, 2013
I loved working in the Jewelry business but any more at the time after being in retail jewelry for many years jewelry was not a something anyone really needs and sales were not so great anymore, I wanted to do something more important in my life to help people in fields where they needed someont to be honest live is hard as it is and if we can't help each other it is sad. So I got into the fields of Home and the knowledge I could give there/

I loved the looks on peoples faces when they were going to get married and Holidays people in LOVE or the things they could buy I was one of the people that didn't like to take advantage of customers So I had my own clientel and they always came back to see me this made me one of the Top Sales person in my district HELP I gave with a smile.

Don't take advantage of customers

Help your co workers no matter what we can learn from each other

The hardest part of the job is having to take a return cause the girl told the guy she didn't want to marry him and told him to return the ring

Seeing the customer come back and picking out the wedding band after the cust mate to be said yes and for the day to be a day where we made all of our quotas
Pros
working for the company, working with your peers, raises, at times free meals
Cons
health care could of been better., more merchandise
It's just another retail
Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2015
Average for any retail work. Low skill job, (thus low pay) can be physically demanding. The management seemed to be compensated fairly well for retail.
hell would be a better place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 11, 2013
i was there over a year. in that time i had 7 managers. the sxith one is still currently in jail. there is no advancement there what so ever unless your friends of the current manager or sleep with them. there is no air conditioning so you feel like your in the deepest pit of hell. no heat in the winter so you will freeze. the location is going down hill rapidly. the mall manager is the guy who managed jamestown mall so that gives you a clue of how the mall is. I was harrassed by manager 5 and 6 and reported and had texts to back them up and the company said let's focus more on sales right now. the district manager is a huge joke. this is just a small sample of the nightmare of a "job" this is.
Pros
none unless you like being in hell
Cons
no advancement, low pay, have to fight to get your comissions, bouncing paychecks, the company will not listen to you, etc.
I knew from the very beginning what was happening . I decided to stay hoping that I can change things through my hard work and talent.
Assistant Manager, Manager. Certified Gemologist. (Former Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 25, 2013
Expensive health care in order to fully pay for the executives, nepotism, favoritism, retaliation, discrimination, to name just a few.
Terminated for allegedly not following made up 'company regulations'.
Pros
working directly with guests on offering deals on jewelry.
Cons
everything else! being persuaded not to have a voice, not to tell or see the truth.
I work here to create realtionships with happy couples and build relationships.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2013
I typically go to work and start to set up the store at 9 am. We open at 10 am and start immediately with the individual piece count. We have to do inventory every morning and clean up the glass from the night before. After all is complete then I get started on the merchandise recall. I have learned to be patient and trusting, I have learned to respect the manager and the staff I work with on a daily basis, My co-workers are very moody so I have also learned to tune out negative and stay positive no matter what the situation is. The hardest part of my job Is driving people into the sale, I am not a pushy person so I must enforce a sale with no force, I've become very good at that. The most enjoyable part of this job is the diamonds!
Pros
definite paycheck
Cons
very far away from my house .

Want to know more about ULTRA DIAMONDS?

Ask a question
Company sold a lot of merchandise that I felt was not great quality
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, New JerseyMay 20, 2014
Daily I would have the team count the merchandise in the cases and make sure nothing was missing.
Put out new merchandise.
Help markdown merchandise
Design the windows
Make the schedules for the employees, set up breaks and teach about safety and loss prevention

Loss Prevention was the toughest to make sure the team understood how important being smart is!

Enjoyable to see a couple get engaged right in front of me.
Pros
happy customers:)
Cons
loss prevention - teaching the staff how important being smart is
Great location and a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTAugust 15, 2013
Every day is different, you meet new people every day and share their excitement about their jewelry purchase. I love the training and coaching to watch the development of my associates to further their careers.
Could be very fast paced and multi-tasking is a must.
Very productive and fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Primm, NvJune 1, 2012
This location was a very busy one and a typical day was always pretty eventful. I learned how to achieve great sales from tourists and enjoyed their presence in the store The hardest part of the job was during non-season times of the year when it would be extremely slow. Management was very good and helpful.
A a revolving door of different people to meet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 19, 2012
Sell product whether it was a ring or maybe options.
Clean the store and keeping a professional appearance
at all times. Run the register and assist other sales personnel
in providing customer service.
How to get information on what a customer needs or wants.
The hardest part was constantly pushing product on customers
after they have said no or not interested.
Interacting with people on a friendly basis.
Pros
meeting different people daily
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJuly 15, 2013
A typical day at Ultra Diamond was opening the store on time. Address every customer that comes in the store and convince them that our diamonds is what they need. There was nothing hard about the job because I enjoyed it. To close a sale sometime I would turn over the sale to the coworker in attempt to close the sale. At that time the sale would be split and applied to our monthly goal.
Pros
sometime home office would buy us lunch.
Cons
dental insurance was not good.
Commission based pay
Salesperson, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FlJuly 31, 2013
Management turned over a few times. Co-workers were great! Hardest part of the job was getting business because of the location. Business is also being bought out by Kay jewelers from what i hear
Pros
good company
Cons
goals and commission
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 13, 2014
We had a very fun and inviting store. We knew what had to be done to succeed and we all worked well as a team. I had complete control of the store without too many bindings. They wanted us to treat the store as if it were our own. The hardest thing about working there was finding employees that would drive down there for the pay they would pay their associates. Really regret leaving them the 1st time I did.
Ultra Diamonds was fun, Sterling Jewelers is all business
Sterling Jewelers dba Kay Jewelers Outlet (Former Employee) –  Branson Missouri/Las Vegas NevadaApril 27, 2014
Ultra Diamonds was acquired by Sterling Jewelers in 2012 and the subsequent transition is still developing. The Outlet culture is an area of development for the well established Sterling Jewelers.
Jewelry Business
Manager/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2012
Great place to
Work! Definately a place that when you prove
Your talent you are noticed. So advancing is common.
Pros
advancement for talent.
Cons
to much of a risk taker for operations.
Wonderful Company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2013
Management was very respectful. No stress attitude. A delightful place to work
Pros
great attitude from senior management
Cons
retail

2.9