ULTRA DIAMONDS Employee Reviews

jewelry store
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXMay 13, 2017
the Customer service was a must and carried very professional. we received high quality diamonds and jewelry. managed money. was certified and a gemologist.
Pros
working in customer service was great
Cons
worried of getting robbed with no security
jerelery sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 26, 2017
Was ok, but got offered more pay for the experience I had. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people from all over the world, and the beautiful jewelery that I seen and got to try on and to show off to the customers.
Pros
Breakfast, or lunches we got, and bonuses
Cons
winter hours were cut short
Who doesn't love diamonds!
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
Started this job years ago with the intention of putting a smile on my customers face. Jewelry makes everyone happy and I was happy to be the person to help make it happen. I moved quickly up the later to becoming management. It saddened me when I had to step down from my position to take care of my ill mother. I wish the transition would've been easier. Unfortunately we had to part ways do to miscommunication between myself and other members of management.
Pros
Customers and commission
Cons
Support from upper management
Environent aids in learning
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed all of the advancement options available in the miracle mile shops in Las Vegas. My coworkers taught ke so much about the art of persuasion.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
short breaks
Loved this place
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 9, 2016
It was amazing working here, I sold a lot made connections with many customers, my manager was really cool. The co-workers were friendly, there was no hard part in this job and the most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
free lunches, long breaks, good pay and commission
Cons
n/a
Fun Job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baraboo WisconsinNovember 22, 2015
This was a fun job and the pay was good. The only downfall was during the recession upper management made all managers take a 3% decrease in pay,, which doesn;t sound like a lot but when your pay is low to start taking anything is a lot.

Other than that... the job itself was fun and the staff worked well together.
Pros
work environment, employee discounts, fun atmosphere.
Cons
low pay
It's just another retail
Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2015
Average for any retail work. Low skill job, (thus low pay) can be physically demanding. The management seemed to be compensated fairly well for retail.
Key Holder and Jewelry Sales
I Sales associate and Key holder (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 31, 2014
I would either open or close 5 times a week, do the bank deposits, set up cases, clean glass, set registers and recount the money, count the jewelry in the cases to ensure proper amount and correct pieces in each case. ( The opposite at closing and we would set the alarm) I would open the doors with my co-worker and greet customers as they came in. I would listen to their needs and wants and try to find them their perfect piece of candy. Or if a person in need a repair i would take that in as well and tell them when to expect it.
I learned a lot of customer service and listening skills. I learned how to go above and beyond what is required to make a customer a repeat customer because, it ONLY takes one time and they will never come back.
I enjoyed my co-workers very much we still keep in-touch to this day. We worked together well and depended on each other in the store for various help .
The hardest part of the job was trying to surpass my personal sales goals for the month because, I always wanted more. The second hardest part was not being able to help the one customer who no matter what you did or how you tried to make them happy, you just couldn't. That always gave me the feeling of failure.
The most enjoyable part of my job was watching those loving couples coming in to try on her engagement ring for the first time after it was fitted or a man looking for that 30th Anniversary gift for his wife and being so excited when we did. Just the happiness moments .
Pros
Lots of responsibility and lots of fun
Cons
The slow times between sales
Good Company
Sales Clerk Duties (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company an with the co-worker an the customers
Pros
Customers
Cons
Fast paced with huge selling opportunites
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2014
The location was awesome. My co-workers were amazing. It was a small store, so we were like a family
Company sold a lot of merchandise that I felt was not great quality
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, New JerseyMay 20, 2014
Daily I would have the team count the merchandise in the cases and make sure nothing was missing.
Put out new merchandise.
Help markdown merchandise
Design the windows
Make the schedules for the employees, set up breaks and teach about safety and loss prevention

Loss Prevention was the toughest to make sure the team understood how important being smart is!

Enjoyable to see a couple get engaged right in front of me.
Pros
Happy Customers:)
Cons
Loss Prevention - teaching the staff how important being smart is
Ultra Diamonds was fun, Sterling Jewelers is all business
Sterling Jewelers dba Kay Jewelers Outlet (Former Employee) –  Branson Missouri/Las Vegas NevadaApril 27, 2014
Ultra Diamonds was acquired by Sterling Jewelers in 2012 and the subsequent transition is still developing. The Outlet culture is an area of development for the well established Sterling Jewelers.
work oriented
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  hanover MDMarch 6, 2014
very professional,good customer service,goals oriented and expectations,teamwork
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COFebruary 13, 2014
We had a very fun and inviting store. We knew what had to be done to succeed and we all worked well as a team. I had complete control of the store without too many bindings. They wanted us to treat the store as if it were our own. The hardest thing about working there was finding employees that would drive down there for the pay they would pay their associates. Really regret leaving them the 1st time I did.
I work here to create realtionships with happy couples and build relationships.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 17, 2013
I typically go to work and start to set up the store at 9 am. We open at 10 am and start immediately with the individual piece count. We have to do inventory every morning and clean up the glass from the night before. After all is complete then I get started on the merchandise recall. I have learned to be patient and trusting, I have learned to respect the manager and the staff I work with on a daily basis, My co-workers are very moody so I have also learned to tune out negative and stay positive no matter what the situation is. The hardest part of my job Is driving people into the sale, I am not a pushy person so I must enforce a sale with no force, I've become very good at that. The most enjoyable part of this job is the diamonds!
Pros
definite paycheck
Cons
very far away from my house .
stressful and hostile due to poor management
Jewelry Consultant/ 3rd key (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 5, 2013
A typical day at work includes cleaning up after the manager . getting yelled at or disrespected. I have learned to keep my mouth shut and just do my work as i'm told even though it may be being done the wrong way. Management is extremely poor ... She should be retired due to the fact shes running it into the ground and blaming others for her short comings. I enjoy my co-workers to a point there is a lot of laziness by the associates but other then that i enjoy them. The hardest part of the job is not getting frustrated. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and being able to learn about diamonds and gemstones. And to see all the different styles designers have to offer ...it's truly amazing.
Pros
great discounts and good benefits
Cons
management
Enjoyed selling diamond jewelry and watches
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2013
Was a fun place to work at BWI airport. Learned how to work quickly for customers catching flights. Enjoyed meeting many people.
Pros
Pleasant environment
Cons
Only one working store at times.
Overall
Defective Returns CoOrdinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2013
Ultra was a great company to work for. Very friendly treated well. Great co-workers. Really enjoyed my 11years with them. Closed, because another company bought them and moved to Akron Ohio. Miss going to work for them.
Pros
Just a great place to work. It was like a family.
Cons
they sold the company
Great location and a great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTAugust 15, 2013
Every day is different, you meet new people every day and share their excitement about their jewelry purchase. I love the training and coaching to watch the development of my associates to further their careers.
Could be very fast paced and multi-tasking is a must.
hell would be a better place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 11, 2013
i was there over a year. in that time i had 7 managers. the sxith one is still currently in jail. there is no advancement there what so ever unless your friends of the current manager or sleep with them. there is no air conditioning so you feel like your in the deepest pit of hell. no heat in the winter so you will freeze. the location is going down hill rapidly. the mall manager is the guy who managed jamestown mall so that gives you a clue of how the mall is. I was harrassed by manager 5 and 6 and reported and had texts to back them up and the company said let's focus more on sales right now. the district manager is a huge joke. this is just a small sample of the nightmare of a "job" this is.
Pros
none unless you like being in hell
Cons
no advancement, low pay, have to fight to get your comissions, bouncing paychecks, the company will not listen to you, etc.