Ultra Electronics Employee Reviews

Independent work environment with great benefits
Soldering Technician (Former Employee) –  Yaphank, NYApril 11, 2017
Everyday I was instructed on my task to complete in the morning upon arrival. Aside from the general lack of transparent communication and job advancement, Ultra Electronics was a decent company to work for. In my opinion the management could use better communication and workmanship. The workplace culture was typical and that of a calm and collective workplace environment. I learned lots about the reading and understanding of schematics and following proven systems. The hardest part of the job were the coworkers and dealing with workplace issues. In my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge of building for military grade vehicles.
Pros
Education advancement abililty
Cons
Compensation
Great Job for hard worker
Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMarch 10, 2017
This is a great place to work as long as your willing to work your shift and follow the rules. Too many people here like to complain about ICE, but people who quit usually try to get their job back because they go somewhere else and see how good they had it here.

The benefits are great, the work hours aren't unreasonable and the company is growing which means the wages are increasing. Most of the people who complain about this place have either a bad work ethic and have to be babysat, or just plain don't show up for work and want to be able to show up whenever they want with no repercussions. Grow up people, this is the real world!

I love my job here and can't wait to be a part of where this company is 5-7 years from now!
Pros
Upward mobility, raises every year and maybe even a bonus, 401K with employer match up to 4%, paid sick time and vacation time, tuition assistance
Cons
You have to not act like a millennial scrub (not a con for me, but apparently for the other person who wrote a review for this location)
Work is fast paced
Solderer/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INMarch 5, 2017
Very fast paced. Jobs are easy to understand. They give you a chance to aquire on the job training for soldering certificaton. Another great advantage is that they offer a four day work week.
Military quality with positive results.
Assembly production (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INFebruary 13, 2017
Very productive with high quality products. Company gym available to all employees very nice place to work. Management is very hands on fast pace assembly.
Pros
Ergonomics required
Cons
Short breaks
Dishonest HR and awful management
Electronic Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 11, 2017
Wage, duties and benefits were all misrepresented during the hiring process. Company had been purchased by larger firm which focused on profits to the point that they overwork staff by requiring overtime, pay 25-40% below industry standard, and have deliberately falsified data in various stages of production and billing. Entire night crew was laid off and day shift was expected to perform the combined work of two full time shifts during mandated 50 hour work weeks. Local management had a combined zero years experience in the manufacturing of electronic components, and absolutely zero interest in day to day activities except for shipping quotas. To this point staff left in droves, from the lowest ranks to middle management.
Pros
Heathcare package is acceptable (assuming non-tobacco user)
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Great place to work!
FACILITIES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYDecember 12, 2016
I would get there at 6:30 am and work until 3 pm. Everyone was nice and the company has a great balance. They would give you your birthday off. Great days off for the holidays.
Pros
Pay rate, hours I worked
Cons
nothing!
New owners for about 9 months
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2016
Good place to work. Owners were very helpful. Made thermocouples for industrial furnaces. Did TIG welding of MGO almost every day.
worked with many types of stainless steel pipes daily.
did assembly work and brazing. Management and co workers were easy to get along and work with. Put in many hours in each week.
Enjoyed working there for 30+ years.
Pros
New owners kept company intact. Business as usual.
Cons
Decide to move production to Texas. Could not relocate.
very nice place to work
Financial Analyst, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJuly 12, 2016
i was only there a few months and was laid off. they did call me back once the work picked up. i already had a full time job but would have gone back there if i didn't
Good company
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
This was actually a very good place to work. I did not stay too long. The traffic was bad and I had issues with the type of work. Aside from that by boss was great and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Pros
Fruit bar, work schedule
Small Manufacturer of Industrial Sensors and Equipment
Project Manager | Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Difficulty finding business and keeping employees. Work force is aging and not growing and educating younger employees.
Fun team
Bookkeeper/Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 15, 2015
Such a fun team of people to work with, as work out with.

I am so sad to see that we have not managed to obtain any new work in the past 3-1/2 years, and that the two (2) DoD contracts that we had are coming to an end this month (July 2015).
Pros
Fun, professional team
Cons
No new work
It is an interesting and unique job
Machine Room Assistant/Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 15, 2015
Its not a job for everyone, but it is unique and you learn many new things. You get to work with different departments and learn how to do many things if you're in the right position. Holidays and vacation time is great and it has decent benefits.
Hard working professional Financial Analyst with 9+ years working on DOD contracts
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis JunctionNovember 14, 2014
I enjoy the day to day challenges that comes with working on a companies financial reporting and forecasting, There are always going to be unknowns that you have to figure out and account for. So it can often be a challenge trying to figuring it out. Cash flow and money are crucial to the success of a company and I like being a part of the team that helps make that happen.
Pros
some of the accounting systems don't sync up so you have to input data twice
Cons
inputting data twice is another way to ensure you have not made a mistakes in your initial entry
pretty standard factory life
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INSeptember 22, 2014
this was a great single mom job! the hours were fantastic, the work was not difficult, and they paid a very reasonable rate with raises and ensetives and insurance. we worked hard and as a team. everyone was very nice there. i never had many issues
Pros
good money
Cons
the management was a little hit or miss
Serious workplace environment focused solely on customer interests.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 8, 2014
Serious workplace environment focused solely on customer interests.
Good company to work for
CARDS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 7, 2013
Prologic had a fun but hard-working atmosphere. Creativity was encouraged and projects were varied.
Pros
Good co-workers and management
Cons
Smaller company that's strongly affected by Government whims
Fantastic place to work
Associate Technician-ITAR (International Traffic (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 6, 2013
Best internship possible for a college student. The immediate boss was awesome. I had ample opportunity to receive training to help further my future career.
Great place to work, everybody works as team members
Test Technician /Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor michiganJuly 10, 2013
I was hired as a Test Technician when they moved into a start of the art building. Five years ago they were making 25 watt systems but with technology they are making 300 watt systems. Many great employees helped this development.
Pros
Good quality of life in the work place
Cons
At times long lead items interfere with build schedule
quiet non-challengeing
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INJuly 1, 2013
i move around 35 pound buoys all day, management has a hands off approach. My co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is doing the same repetitive job every day
Pros
work 4 10 hr. days
Cons
no opertunity for advancement, stuck on the only job you learn
Constant layoffs since year 2006- Started with over 200 employees in 2001, currently have 28
Senior Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 21, 2013
Very stressful day - Wear many hats
Complete turnover in managment
Co-workers that remain are very friendly and try to be helpful
Learning by fire. Every time there is a layoff, you have to take time to try to understand the terminated employee's function
Most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
Cons
working a tremendous amount of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ultra Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9