Ultra Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Good company
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 13, 2016
This was actually a very good place to work. I did not stay too long. The traffic was bad and I had issues with the type of work. Aside from that by boss was great and I enjoyed the co-workers.
Pros
Fruit bar, work schedule
Small Manufacturer of Industrial Sensors and Equipment
Project Manager | Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Difficulty finding business and keeping employees. Work force is aging and not growing and educating younger employees.
Fun team
Bookkeeper/Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 15, 2015
Such a fun team of people to work with, as work out with.

I am so sad to see that we have not managed to obtain any new work in the past 3-1/2 years, and that the two (2) DoD contracts that we had are coming to an end this month (July 2015).
Pros
Fun, professional team
Cons
No new work
It is an interesting and unique job
Machine Room Assistant/Operator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 15, 2015
Its not a job for everyone, but it is unique and you learn many new things. You get to work with different departments and learn how to do many things if you're in the right position. Holidays and vacation time is great and it has decent benefits.
Hard working professional Financial Analyst with 9+ years working on DOD contracts
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis JunctionNovember 14, 2014
I enjoy the day to day challenges that comes with working on a companies financial reporting and forecasting, There are always going to be unknowns that you have to figure out and account for. So it can often be a challenge trying to figuring it out. Cash flow and money are crucial to the success of a company and I like being a part of the team that helps make that happen.
Pros
some of the accounting systems don't sync up so you have to input data twice
Cons
inputting data twice is another way to ensure you have not made a mistakes in your initial entry
pretty standard factory life
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INSeptember 22, 2014
this was a great single mom job! the hours were fantastic, the work was not difficult, and they paid a very reasonable rate with raises and ensetives and insurance. we worked hard and as a team. everyone was very nice there. i never had many issues
Pros
good money
Cons
the management was a little hit or miss
Serious workplace environment focused solely on customer interests.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 8, 2014
Serious workplace environment focused solely on customer interests.
Good company to work for
CARDS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDOctober 7, 2013
Prologic had a fun but hard-working atmosphere. Creativity was encouraged and projects were varied.
Pros
good co-workers and management
Cons
smaller company that's strongly affected by government whims
Fantastic place to work
Associate Technician-ITAR (International Traffic (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 6, 2013
Best internship possible for a college student. The immediate boss was awesome. I had ample opportunity to receive training to help further my future career.
Great place to work, everybody works as team members
Test Technician /Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor michiganJuly 10, 2013
I was hired as a Test Technician when they moved into a start of the art building. Five years ago they were making 25 watt systems but with technology they are making 300 watt systems. Many great employees helped this development.
Pros
good quality of life in the work place
Cons
at times long lead items interfere with build schedule
quiet non-challengeing
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INJuly 1, 2013
i move around 35 pound buoys all day, management has a hands off approach. My co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is doing the same repetitive job every day
Pros
work 4 10 hr. days
Cons
no opertunity for advancement, stuck on the only job you learn
Constant layoffs since year 2006- Started with over 200 employees in 2001, currently have 28
Senior Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTApril 21, 2013
Very stressful day - Wear many hats
Complete turnover in managment
Co-workers that remain are very friendly and try to be helpful
Learning by fire. Every time there is a layoff, you have to take time to try to understand the terminated employee's function
Most enjoyable part of the day is going home.
Cons
working a tremendous amount of hours
Not all together
Receiving Lead/Shipping/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 8, 2013
Love the job. No advancement. I've been with the company for a while. The first heads up was them keeping me as a temp for 2 years. Now after a year coming up as full-time on 4/16/13, I was given a great review back in January with a slap in the face raise. I feel they do not respect me or the outstanding service I have given to the company. Not to mention the loyalty. I feel there are better, more efficient, more respectful companies out there that would appreciate having someone like me working for them.
Pros
co-workeres are great.
Cons
company doesn't respect it's staff.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and workout room
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2013
It's true we have both a ping pong table and a workout room! Collaboration and innovation are key. We build technology that is deployed around the world solving critical problems. Most enjoyable part of working here is being a part of a mission-oriented team that is making a difference.
Pros
ping pong table (duh), workout room (& showers), chair massages, benefits & 1/2 day fridays
poor management and follow through
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 7, 2013
co-workers clicky
hardest part of job trying to track down answers
most enjoyable satisfaction on completing a project and bringing it in under budget
I learned a tremendous amount while there, proper way to deal with executive management, and Board of Directors.
From BAD To WORSE - Engaged In A rapid Plunge To The Bottom
Engineer (Former Employee) –  ATS - Austin, TexasDecember 21, 2012
In the old days, this was a good company. However in recent years the incompetent senior management team (3 stooges) has a choke hold on the company at every turn.

ATS has a terrific workforce coupled with the worst senior management team I have every experienced. The sad thing is that the management team is arrogant, inexperienced (no prior leadership), uneducated (no advanced degrees), and uninformed. Each year they develop a "blue sky" business plan, present it to the corporate management in the UK and they buy in. Then the ATS bosses continue to fail (they missed their biz plan by over 50%) yet they still have their fat cat jobs, benefits and checks.

All mid to senior management promotional opportunities are filled by outsiders - so you see there is NO FUTURE for us worker bees.

If you are unemployed and desperately need a paycheck, then you might use Ultra as "Interim Income". You might make a little more than unemployment but not much. They are a bunch of cheapskates and typically pay 25-30% LESS that the going Austin salaries.

To be forewarned is to be cautious.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
leadership; culture; advancement; pay; growth; lack of success; arrogance of management;
Horrible leadership will drive you nuts
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2012
Senior leaders and CEO have never managed another business and have stunted the growth of this company. Senior leaders are happy making their fat pay checks and the "status quo" and are threatened by those who are not. No direct engineering development path for those looking to have a career here. Leadership ignores engineering/technical staff. Lack of quality in their products and no desire to improve.
Pros
free sodas
Cons
leadership, location, product line, career path
Excellent benefits, Educational opportunities, Good inter-departmental team work
Program Manager - Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 28, 2012
Excellent working experience over the years - employee oriented company, many opportunities for education and advancement.
Pros
investment in education, advancement opportunities, excellent benefits
Cons
downsizing due to economic slump