Umami Burger

Umami Burger Employer Reviews

Chill environment
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: working environment
Cons: unpredictable crowds; can be super busy/can be super slow
It's a pretty laid back place to work at. The employees are somewhat all chill people to work with; you can feel the sense of teamwork at times.
There were some days/nights where I didn't have too much to do so I was basically getting paid to watch TV but then there were also some days/nights where I was all over the place helping out with what I could which included running food orders, taking orders and even washing the dishes.
Gourmet Burgers, casual dine in restaurant with small bar
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Pasadena, CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good food, expanded prep and cooking skills
Cons: poor management and no room for advancement.
Typical day consisted of set up all stations, prepping, grounding beef and cooking. Side duties included placing food orders and training new team members. Left because of no opportunity for advancement and poor management. All management changed twice in less than 2 months because of hostile work environment and poor leadership. When addressing these issues management showed little to no interest in correcting the problem.
fast paced
Expeditor/Runner (Former Employee), Los Feliz, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: healthcare
Management was cool and laid back. The food was good and work was fast paced.
Fast paced, fun restaurant that provides an amazing guest experience
Server Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2013
Umami Burger is a great restaurant, with a great staff, and amazing food. It is a great place to work. It has motivated, talented management, friendly co-workers, and delivers a great product.
cool job but can be very very slow
Host (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2012
Pros: %50 discount
Well im a host at Umami burger. A typical day, starts with me coming in at 11:00 am. Usually one of the two supervisors are there already. We usually dont get our first customer til 11:30 by then we have 2 servers and a bartender. We have our little lunch rush from 11:45 til about 12:45 then its completely dead. By the time 1:00 comes along i get the signal that its time for me to go home. So i work a total of two hours. I learned a lot from this job since its the first restaurant job I've had in a while. Management can be "iffy" sometimes depending on who's' on the shift. I have to say I absolutely love my co-workers, they are the reason why i love coming into work. I would say, the hardest part of my job is being able to stand there doing nothing. I love to work and when the restaurant is dead i end up doing nothing.