UMass Boston

UMass Boston Employer Reviews

Good learning environment and helpful people around
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2014
Great Place to work at. I personally had a good learning experience.
Working at UMB
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2014
Work environment was great the boss was concerned about my daily life, concerned about me as a person. Enjoyed working here.
I enjoy the working environment at UMass Boston
Account Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: positive and productive
Cons: no benefits
The most enjoyable part of the job and entering and processing payments. I have a high volume of work that keeps me busy. I also enjoy my co-workers and all that I have learned while being employed here.
Productive workplace
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 25, 2013
Center for Social Policy (CSP) is doing some great research and initiatives for the community. The center is working with leaders within the community to talk and discuss the tough issues regarding poverty, homeliness, minimum wages, etc.

I truly enjoy working with CSP, they are giving me a different perspective (in the trenches) on social policies.
internship
Department Assistant (Intern) (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 24, 2013
assisted EHS professor, covered Nursing front desk. very friendly, willing to train
Committed, caring, and competent colleagues with which to collaborate
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: committed, caring, and competent faculty with an emphasis on research-based urban school reform.
Cons: too many part-time, non-tenured or tenure-track professors de-stabilized faculty support of students (e.g., joint projects, student assistanships, mentoring, co-authorship)
I learned to teach research methods and statistics to mastery. Adapting my instruction to meet the diverse neeeds of my students, doctoral candidates, was a challege that my dean and program chair helped me meet. Learning to teach to the wide ranging diversity in math and writing skills and backgrounds among my students as opposed to around it was the – more... hardest part of my job at UMass. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Umass Boston Athletic Department (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: productive
Cons: short breaks
Lanscaped and Prepared Fields and Courts for games
Helped with Security when games were going on.
laid back workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 16, 2012
Pros: student environment
Cons: no benefits
A good place to work. Like the student atmosphere. All jobs are different here. I am in research so you are afforded a certain amount of leeway as far as schedule goes. Because it is research job security is not guaranteed.
The Office
Student Employee (Former Employee), DORCHESTER, MAMay 14, 2012
At UMB Undergraduate Admissions, students are able to experience what it is like working in a professional environment. The roles students play is just as important as the other employees. We were treated with equal respect and same value. There were days where we could hang out at work and relax but when it was time to work we worked.