Umass Lowell Employee Reviews

Good research environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 14, 2017
The work environment at Umass Lowell is very supportive of research work and pushing it's student to learn professional skills necessary for integrating into industry,
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 12, 2017
Good Experience, Better work atmosphere, Flexibility, Good management, Easygoing job, Worth working, Better pay, Good compensations, Approve HR and Chancellor.
Admissions Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 1, 2017
Umass Lowell Admissions Call Center is a productive job with an excellent staff and management. The entire office is friendly with people that love their jobs and are dedicated to informing potential students and families with various information about the school
Pros
Excellent staff, laid back
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 22, 2017
professors care about students. ample opportunity to learn outside of classroom with the student activities offered. Overall very pleases with university.
nice place to work
Chemistry Professor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAJune 1, 2017
I have taught at UMass Lowell for over 20 years. I teach intro chemistry to non-scientist students (Applied Chemistry for Non-Scientists). I tell the students that this might be the last chance for a class which covers everyday life involving chemistry, like nutrition, pollution, medicines.
Pros
free to design the course to my preferences
Cons
pay not great
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 27, 2017
It is nice to part of the Umass Lowell university staff to work with students and helped them to go to right path and solve their issues, always I am looking to do my best to move forward to be as electrical and computer engineer.
Great Place to work!
Curator (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 27, 2017
Energetic, motivated workplace. Everyone here is dedicated to student success, willing to help anyone. Overall, great place to work for anyone of any job level.
Amazing!
Resident Advisor, Residence Life (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2017
Being a resident advisor is a great way to cut costs since you get free room and board and a free meal plan. It also puts you in a position to influence your living space!
Pros
Free Room and Food
Cons
Responsible for students
Great place to work with many opportunities
Teach A Computer To Sing- Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 19, 2017
Loved everything about working with UMass Lowell - Teach A Computer To Sing. Even though I was just a student researcher, I always had a voice. I had several opportunities to work and grow throughout this project.
Great place to study and work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 18, 2017
Everyone was friendly and willing to help you out there. The tutoring experience was amazing and the work hours can be very flexible. Being a teaching assistant/grader can also be a rewarding experience there.
Student
Project Researcher- Independent Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 15, 2017
great experience, majority of staff is very helpful. Facilities could be updated slightly in some of the older buildings, but many of the technologies invested in for staff/student are very nice and top-of-the-line
Great work environment
Lab Assistant for Dr. Boce Zhang (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 30, 2017
This job was under the supervision of a professor. UMass Lowell has amazing professors and staff. This was a new experience for me, and has been an incredible learning experience. Working with my professors in a teaching assistant role introduced me to the academic world and I am grateful for the experience.
Enjoyable and Productive workplace
Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 28, 2017
It is a learning and fast pace environment. The management is helpful supportive, and finds ways to help you be successful in your work and school. A typical day at work is enjoyable, and productive. There is always something to do therefore it keeps you occupied.
Fun an interesting short term co-op experience
Co-op Scholar (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 18, 2017
This was a great learning experience as it was my first time doing actual engineering work. I worked as part of a team and individually on different projects through out my 10 week co-op. Management was very helpful and accommodating while encouraging me to think independently to test different scenarios.
Great place to study
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 7, 2017
Very good atmosphere, everyone is nice and the faculty is very good.
the pay is relatively fair. My job is to help our professor's teaching activities such as giving instructions to undergraduate Computer Science students on their issues of programming with C
Work Study
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 4, 2017
Working in the computer lab is a great job for students that just need some pocket change. The job allows you to study and make some cash.
Perfect place to work while in school
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Loved working here while in school. It is a relaxed and laid back environment where you are able to concentrate and do homework or play games with your neighbors while on calls.
work environment lets you work at your own pace
Research and Development Co-op (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 15, 2017
At work I could go at my own pace and finish my projects, all the while learning about things I had never had experience with. The management was supportive and helpful . Workplace was friendly. hardest part was working with completely new equipment I had never seen before. Most enjoyable part was learning how to do new things,
Great Lab to work in
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Great knowledgeable PI. Lots of room for learning. Perfect for a student who needs a part time internship. I learned a lot and felt challenged to succeed in the enviroment
Best place to learn about Toxics
BOOKKEEPER / ADMINISTRATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 31, 2017
I learned alot in that job about toxics.. Chemicals and what to you and not to use that's bad for your health... I did my bookkeeping duties as well as hosting meetings about toxics materials. It was so much fun working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Umass Lowell. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3