UMass Memorial Medical Center

UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01655June 11, 2016
I have learned Lean Six Sigma processes and have implemented them in my daily routine. Helping people is rewarding and sometimes the simplest things can make them smile. That is rewarding to me.
Umass cmg
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harvard, MAJune 8, 2016
I love my job at Umass. I work with good people and good management. The benefits and pay are unbeatable by any other local physician groups.
Most enjoyable part of job
Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 1, 2016
Pay is great and central scheduling cares deeply about it's associates.SHARE union representatives are friendly and know most of us by first name basis.
Good
Patient Financial Services Representative, Sr (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 25, 2016
Compay has good community goals. Is currently implementing a nw software system that will have ALL job tasks, resources on one central system, which will improve the customer service based clients. As with most company's our department is always working with less staff and required to more tasks. Some of the implemetations of new policies were decided with out looking how it will affect the WHOLE system. At times a "fix" in one department, causes an issue in another. However once the issue is known, there is a collaboration with upper management to correct the issue. The system has a helpful, edcuated , friendly staff, which works within a "team" matrix. I have a great repoire with my co-workers, like a second family.
Pros
The pay grade is higher tha other facilities in the area, Has a good comunity outreach programs and education
Cons
30 minute lunch break, no merit pay increases
Good benfits, respected in community but can be hit or miss
Registration Representative,Sr (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 21, 2016
The company is good but working in certain departments are harder than others.

The hardest part is dealing with management which at time can be very uninspiring. Many good coworker have left the department due to supervisors/ managers and the feeling of sides. I've personally remained neutral and diplomatic but its time for change.

I've worked for two departments and its the same, management on a power trip and ego driven behavior.
Pros
good benefits, coworkers, decent pay
Cons
disorganized at times, management lacking in communication skills
great place to work
Patient Care Associate II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with UMASS. great organization to work for. dedicated to patient care and very good to their employees. Manager is excellent and flexible.
I enjoyed working there
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 4, 2016
The people were nice and supportive. I felt like I was of a team. The managers were understanding and made sure there was a balance of work and home life
Pros
THe people I worked with
Cons
politics
fast paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 28, 2016
straight and you have to eat while you work no breaks always on the go co-workers are great hardest part of job is not stopping to eat
Not the old UMass
Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 22, 2016
I took a chance and decided to interview for a job with UMass Memorial on the advice of colleague. My impression of UMass Memorial and Worcester was one of a perpetual rainy day. Not the case. The environment is invigorating, the atmosphere is positive and progressive, truly a kind, bright, and professional team of caregivers and administrative professionals. It's like a secret, how wonderful a place UMass Memorial has become. The dark days are gone, renovations are underway to structure and process, it's an auspicious time to be a part of the Hospital. We choose our attitudes, yes?
Pros
Vision, atmosphere, work life balance, compensation, nature of the work
Cons
The erroneous impression outsiders have
good atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 5, 2016
the experience was great alot of nice people i was just upset because i was just per-diem which means like part time i would be lucky enough to get 28 hours a week....
Pros
meet diffrent people
Cons
alot of sick people very hard to see
great pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 29, 2016
The workload was not excessive like most places out there. You are able to learn numerous new things as a PCA even blood drawing, depending on the department you are in, and the pay is great.
Pros
Great cafe with great food, great pay, great people to work with
Cons
Not all of the nurses like to help out and the management depending on the department, the nurses don't always understanding or great.
Great benefits but not so great management
Patient Access Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 13, 2016
I worked as a patient access services rep in the call center. The job can be very demanding. You are expected to answer a certain amount of calls and you are given a "report card" every month based on how many calls you take, how long you are on "not ready"- which you use if you have to use the restroom, type a message to the doctor, etc, and whether you created a duplicate MRN. They also grade you on how many scheduling errors you make. You are given a big book on the scheduling rules for each clinic (I had to schedule for about 9 different clinics). The clinics hate central scheduling and they are very rude to you. Management is not so friendly and does not make you feel like you have someone you can go to if you have an isssue. They don't praise you enough for good work and always up your butt if you make any errors. This is coming from someone who barely made errors. It's a typical 8 hour day with only 1 hour break in between. No other breaks are given.
Pros
Great benefits such as insurance and paid time off.
Cons
Demanding job, managers are not very friendly
productive and entertaining at the same time
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 11, 2016
Happy environment to work and very friendly staff.
The staff is professional and fun to work with.
the most enjoyable part is how I can interact with everyone in the organisation.
The management seems to understand the employees and provide with good activities for their healthy living.
Great benefits!
Bed Assignment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 8, 2016
UMass offers a comprehensive benefits for employees! With such a large organization, there is always room to move/advance.
Friendly Atmosphere
Ins. Referral Specialist and Ins. Verification (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 21, 2016
Friendly atmosphere cubicle setting get along with everyone. Day to day base work independently answer phone calls from patients and doctors office requesting insurance referrals. Check if referral in place if not check for patients insurance eligibility and proceed generate referral fax to doctors office and file in our system. Learned how to verify insurance and generate insurance referrals. Hardest part of the job cannot recall at this time. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help all patients and doctors etch.
Pros
working independently in cubicle setting
good company to work for
physician consultations (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Good company to work for, helped me get me more experience in the heath care field and get more experience working with doctors and in different office settings.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no maternity leave pay
Excellent environment
Academic Administrator IV (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 9, 2016
UMASS is a great employer. The culture is rewarding and many opportunities exist. The staff and faculty n the department is great.
There is a great brand new fitness center which is available at all hours for staff.
Pros
Great staff and resources
Cons
To long to commute
Nice place to work
TravelMax Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2016
Generally a nice place to work, but if you leave do not take severance if you ever plan to return. UMass has a very strict rule against rehire, and place you on a Do Not Hire list
I enjoyed working at UMass Memorial!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 10, 2016
I absolutely enjoyed working at UMass Memorial as a Unit Clerk. Every day was challenging yet amazingly rewarding. I worked with the best Nurses, Physicians, and staff who always went over and above. I can't say enough about the employees!
The hardest part of the job was the required evenings, holidays, and weekends. Coming from a 22 year job of working Monday through Friday this was very difficult for me.
Poor communication staff/clinical leaders
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Found working a 12 hour day that I got a full complement of cases. Cases are not allocated fairly between staff. There is a lot of favoritism between staff members.

Not being treated as a professional.

Not being listened to as a professional if you are not the favorite.
Pros
Busy place.
Cons
Favoritism played, not being heard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMass Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2