UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at UMass Memorial!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 10, 2016
I absolutely enjoyed working at UMass Memorial as a Unit Clerk. Every day was challenging yet amazingly rewarding. I worked with the best Nurses, Physicians, and staff who always went over and above. I can't say enough about the employees!
The hardest part of the job was the required evenings, holidays, and weekends. Coming from a 22 year job of working Monday through Friday this was very difficult for me.
Poor communication staff/clinical leaders
Perioperative RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Found working a 12 hour day that I got a full complement of cases. Cases are not allocated fairly between staff. There is a lot of favoritism between staff members.

Not being treated as a professional.

Not being listened to as a professional if you are not the favorite.
Pros
Busy place.
Cons
Favoritism played, not being heard
Great Opps
Medical Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 6, 2016
UMass was a great opportunity while still in school to get hands on learning. Stayed there for a bit after school till something in thw work field came thru
Nice Enviroment
Medical Billing/ AR Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 28, 2015
Great employees, Managers were very easy going always willing to help. Type of work was good all around environment was positive and up beat. Glad I was able to be a part of that.
Good volunteer experience.
Maintenance Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MADecember 9, 2015
A good organization and appreciated the opportunity that I was provided and the mentoring from staff. I wish I had a longer time to learn from the folks.
Great Experience
Sr. Medical Admin (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 4, 2015
This was the same as the other review, i just switched departments while i was a temp at UMASS, from Gastro department to the COLO rectal department, they were similar in jobs.
This trauma one center had many oppertunities.
Director of Planning and Access Surgery (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 1, 2015
I had spent a total of 28 years between campuses at this organization. Management continued to change at the upper levels and was shifted with each CNO/CEO change. The facility was cutting edge for technology.
Vast Technology Landscape
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2015
There is a large collection of EMR technologies in use at UMass. The executive management is not abreast of what they have deployed, what the best utilization should be, or time to entertain best practices much less develop a roadmap.
Pros
Large staff with reasonable skills
Cons
No executive leadership to get from point A to point B. Additionally, they are not utilizing their point A resources in an efficient manner.
Typical Day
Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk: ICU-2 (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 17, 2015
Nurses are invested in helping you grow and learn as a PCA and future nurse. Very tight knit group that is eager to help one another.
Good team work and the nicest people to work with .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 18, 2015
Work place is good. staff get along with each other. it can get a little stressful at times when assignments are not well done.

Want to know more about UMass Memorial Medical Center?

Ask a question
Supportive work environment
Supervisor, Pulmonary Lab (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 16, 2015
Management is very supportive of me as a supervisor.
My staff is very hard working, professional and a pleasure to manage.
UMass
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 12, 2015
The staff here was very helpful and worked as a team. The experience gained with this position was very valuable. Friends recommended working for this company.
I did an excellent job in Umass Hospital and I am very proud of that.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 5, 2015
I am responsible,puntual,respectful and love people I work with in the work place. I learned a lot and gained much as a cook in Umass hospital.I left Umass because I was per-diem worker and needed full time job that is why I left Oakdale,and I get a lay-off at the moment from Oakdale.
Good Company to grow in
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 25, 2015
My job is very detail oriented with not much room for error as it is like a domino effect; my error can cause a multitude of errors for others. I have been here for several years and know my job inside and out. There is also plenty of room for growth and movement. My colleagues are all amazing and we are all willing to help each other out.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
The politics
Good growing opportunities within the organization
Sr Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MASeptember 4, 2015
UMass Memorial provides all the necessary resources to all employees and the opportunity to grow within the company, providing also a safe environment. My typical day at work consists in working directly with patients, scheduling appoitnments, answering the phones, requesting prior authorizations for testings and services, referrals, among many other things.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Fast paced, large patient loads.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAAugust 24, 2015
I worked with the same doctor for 5 years. We both had transferred from another hospital together. We were able to maintain our fast paced and caring measures to make our patients happy and comfortable.
Productive and exciting place to work
Phlebotomist of Patient Service Center (Former Employee) –  Marlborough MA.August 11, 2015
I had a great learning and social experience working for UMass Memorial Laboratories. I loved my job working with their Physicians and their patients.
I wish I had been able to continue at my office that was located in Marlborough MA. but unfortunately it had been closed at the time of the sale.
Pros
Learning, developing new relationships and long lasting friendships.
Cons
Selling their Laboratory Outpatient Department.
Good Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 3, 2015
Partly due to a thin staff, the work load will certainly keep you busy, but you learn a lot. The people are all very nice and helpful. Good management!
Pros
Lots of hand-on learning and readily available help
Cons
They hire outside employees limiting upward potential
Medical biller
Senior Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 2, 2015
You start with about 5-10 pages of all medical bills for customers. You call the customers insurance carrier and see if they have received the medical claim, get the claim number, and if the claim has been processed, you need to get the date paid, the check number and check amount. You can also check online websites only if given access.
Pros
Great work environment. Great healthcare
Cons
Union
Very good benefits, education advancment, career advancment
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 30, 2015
UMass overall is a very good company to work for. The benefits are very good. However, they are financially going through some difficulties causing many layoffs and a stressful work environment.