UMass Memorial Medical Center

UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Poor management in my department
SPD Tech (Former Employee) –  University campusFebruary 20, 2017
Most of my co-workers were awesome. I was there for 6 years b
management is horrible. There is a lot of favoritism and good workers have to take up the slack. The more you do the more is expected of the productive employees and never any recognition from the manager. Burn out
Pros
bennies
Cons
management
Positive people to work with, positive atmosphere where you are able to help people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 20, 2017
It was enjoyable being able to help people while working with a good group of people. It was difficult to do the job with the lack of appropriate resources.
Pros
people who I worked with, being able to help people
Cons
Not equipt to manage population
good place to work, good benefits, supportive administration
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 12, 2017
The organization as a whole is a great place to work. They offer benefits that show they have taken the time to review and take into consideration the employee surveys they conduct. The administration is supportive and has an open door policy to all its employees.
Pros
great benefit, opportunity to advance, great support from the administration
Not a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 11, 2017
Surgery department is a mess. Too many leadership people who have been there for years and don't have a clue how to run the various departments. In addition to that, they don't have to have successful projects. Most of the projects fail and these people still have jobs. They wouldn't last in the real world. They are the protected few who never worked anywhere else.

Benefits are good and the time off accrued is good but if you have a manager who doesn't let you use it, what good is it. They take their vacations but don't care about the staff.
benefits
Cons
lack of leadership, poor work culture, parking
Community oriented work
Community Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 19, 2017
I learned a great deal about helping others throughout the community. The department is now going through a transitional phase and I am unsure of my job security.
Job Security
Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Great place to retire from, I learned a lot while I was there, amazing changes will be happening for both the employees and patients over the next 5 years. CEO is an amazing person with a lot of heart!
Pros
Job Security
typical day at work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 8, 2017
I used to volunteer from 7am-1pm four days a week. I would go in and would direct patients and visitors to where they should be going or get a wheelchair to take someone to a certain office in the hosptial.
Great benefits and great organization
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Flexible and plenty to learn if you are willing. Huge organization and UMMHC is an awesome place for employment and healthcare.
Pros
great benefits and leadership
Cons
parking
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 3, 2017
Umass is a excellent place to work with great benefits not only is the staff great but the patients are super nice and its a great place to advance and move forward the health feild is very rewarding
Good benefits
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 31, 2016
As a hospital, there is always work to do. The people is as every where else, some are great, some other not that good. The harder part of the job were the stat moments, and most enjoyable part: the days go by fast since you busy all the time.
Pros
Good benefits
A progressive and forward thinking place with the a clear goal in mind
Career Path Intern, Performance Improvement (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 27, 2016
A great place to challenge what you thought you knew about healthcare and performance improvement. Leadership is clearly invested in advancing both patient care and the work culture.
great benefits
Application Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 21, 2016
Very busy place to work. Learning new computer system. worked closely with management. Loved working with my previous co-workers we worked well as a Team .
Best Company I've worked for
Ambulatory Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2016
UMass is a great company to work for. They were very balanced with work life and job life. They offered very good benefits and compensation. I would love to work for this company again
Great work environment.
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2016
As a member of the emergency department at UMASS, I felt like if I have a family there, not only coworkers but also my friends. Great teamwork and trust in between everyone. Management was not just a manager, she was a part of the team and would not mind doing anyone's job role.
Typical Office Environment
Student Clerica (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2016
It was a typical experience. I learned a a lot and gained substantial amount of skills and experience. I learned how to handle private information. Also, my skills in Microsoft office improved alot.
Fun Experience
Emergency Room Observation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 8, 2016
it was a great experience for me. i loved it and everyone there including management and the staff was supportive and helpful. i would recommend it for any friends or family member if they wanted to work there.
Busy department in the Heart of Worcester,MA
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 7, 2016
I work with a great team of dedicated healthcare professionals. We strive to bring the best possible treatments to patients and assist them through their medical problems. A fantastic group of co-workers who all find time to help one another. Most enjoyable part of my day is patient satisfaction.
Pros
Accessibility
Cons
Parking
Productive but stressful work place
Patient Financial services Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 6, 2016
Stressful work environment but great co-workers. Great healthcare organization that is patient centered and focused on cyustomer service
Learned how to manage files
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 3, 2016
Here during an internship when I was in High School, was able to learn whatever the workers were willing to show me. Everyone was nice and a typical day was usually quiet.
Best Hospital for Patients care
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 27, 2016
Love my job & my Patients

My Co-workers are so friendly

The hardest part of my job that when Patients do not quality for any assistant program
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Very strick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UMass Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2