UMass Memorial Medical Center

UMass Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Tough environment
Clerical student (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks
The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude patients who have appointments. A typical day was starting work off slow and then quickly picking up the pace as the day goes on.
Productive and fun place
Lead Supervisor and Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Busy all Day
In Charge of 18 Employee
Reports
Payroll
Fun Place
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Worcester, MAApril 27, 2015
Very down to earth and great communication. The managers there encourage communication by all departments and writing reports to keep track of everything,.
A great start to a great career change
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Diverse work environment, good benefits, good salary, good coworkers
Cons: Long commute, parking issues, equipment breakdown issues
Being a second shift technologist, a typical day at work begins with connecting with fellow co-workers for a report on the day's events. We, the evening shift work together to cover all the required areas including outpatient clinical, portables, OR, spine center, joint center imaging. Because we have a smaller staff than the day shift we all cooperate by smoothly flowing from one task to another. For example, first you may have a few portable xrays in the NICU and next you're doing a multiple trauma study in the ER. The ability to change hats is one of the most useful and effective skills I have acquired. Because we work second shift we are mostly self managing which is another valuable skill. Me and my co-workers take turns when simple management skills are required. Of course we properly report any significant events for our managers to keep them in the loop. The hardest part of the job for me has been dealing with security issues and patients with bad intentions (i.e., drug seekers). There are many best parts for me. I find working the c-arm on orthopaedic cases in the OR fascinating. Caring for elderly patients is also very satisfying. Often I find myself in awe of their strength and knowledge despite the fact that they may be terminally ill. I chose to change my career path almost ten years ago to become a rad tech. The only regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner.
Cash Posting Clerk (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, vacation time.
Cons: lack of communication and interaction between Managers and employee.
On a typical day at work is quite past paced. We learn new things and adapt new software management as it comes. Managers set the goal and we try to accomplish it in a timely manner There is always lot to do and lot to learn at this work place. Co workers are helpful and give helping hand when we needed. The best part of the work is they give good benefits. The hardest part of the job is there is so much to do in so little time. Over all it is a great place to work.
Basic
LPN Float pool (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 25, 2015
Its was a lot of hard work with very little recognition. You do have a varied area to transfer to in order to vary you work experience. With in the last several years job security varies with the numerous lay off. The department that were patient centered were very hectic but manageable it you work with a good team.
Elvolving after large layoff.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: management not forthcoming with layoff information.
Learned instrumentation to complete toxicology testing. Great group of techs. Management changed often during tenure, not always for the best of the department.
Energetic helpful managment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
UMass is all about helping employees advance within the organization. Tuition reimbursement allows you to further your education while continuing to work.
Health Care Management
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 8, 2015
Fast paced high volume daily operations that keep you hopping to provide the best place to give care and get care.
Health care is changing daily with the Affordable Care Act taking hold in both good and bad aspects which makes the daily processes evolve regularly to keep you on your toes and to be able to learn new skills regularly.
It have been a very rewarding experience with lot of hard working
Senior Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 16, 2015
people. In the 12 years that I have work here, I have been utilize to train new employee and traveler. At work you come in say hello to everyone, ask the supervisor what is the priorities of the day. In central processing seem like everyday you learn something new.
Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milford, MAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: travel
Great benefits, great people, great place to work. UMass is a good company.
Fast paced, interesting place to work.
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 31, 2014
I learned so much working here, I couldn't even list it all. A typical day there consisted of so many different types of patients and procedures.We worked with 6 different types of specialists, witch meant there was never a dull moment. My co-workers, and management were great. We all worked as a team. They were very supportive of each other. I think the hardest part of the job, would have to be ,when you get an end stage cancer patient. I don't think I need to explain that any further. The best part of the job for me was quite honestly, putting a smile on my patients faces.
Okay
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 17, 2014
A lot to learn here, you must be up to date on the latest medicine to keep up.
Fun and caring atmosphere in a fast past clinic
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 19, 2014
A typical day as a MA includes preparing exam rooms, rooming patients, taking vitals, documentation on injuries, phlebotomy, urinalysis, drug screen, assisting with injuries, administrative duties
greet patients, family ,friends when they arrived, smile and be ready to help
Ambulatory Services Rep (Former Employee), WORCESTER MAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches, learn about situations, treatments
Cons: short breaks, get in touch with very ill patients .
The work place is where we spend to most of our time during the day,so it's important to love what we are doing.
The most enjoyable part my job it's definitely the fact i get to connect with lot of people and use my knowledge in the way that i can .So that everyone who gets to meet with me will compliment me for doing such a good job.
Pediatric Intensive Care/student
Student in the Pediatric ICU (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 29, 2014
• Pediatric Intensive Care, highly skilled using PB 840 ventilator
• O2 administration, asthma patient education
I have been with UMass for 11year and, the learning experience, benefits, the envioroment, the culture is great.
Nurses Aide (Current Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: getting paid to study.
Cons: short breaks
I get to work at 8am, swipe in, and check the board to see what I have to do for the day. My recent position at UMass is a coder trainee at their coding institute. We start our day by going over the previous charts that we coded for corrections. We take a coffee brake at 10am for 15 minutes the back to the classroom for 1 hour lectures. By 11am we start going through new charts. Between reading charts and coding then, we manage to check work emails and do other stuff. Patients charts can have up to 150 pages and up to 30 codes. we take our lunch break at 12 noon and come back more coding till 4.30pm. I always take my coding book home to read the coding rules to prepare for the next morning.
I have learned a lot from this institute. My co-workers are great with team work. The hardest part of all is locating some of the codes are very difficult. Depending if every thing is documented well in the chart or not.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with 3M billing and reimbursement. It's very fan, and can't wait to work full time with it.
Bone marrow registry
Donor Recruitment Services (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great cause
Cons: poor management resulted on closing
Escalation phone call management for volunteered donors who did not understand the explanation of benefits from their INs. company. Lots of followup to comfort donors for their participation
great place for someone with medical background
Sr. Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free training and seminars for continued learning in the medical field
Cons: very busy environment and can be stressful at times if you are not used to alot of stress
UMass is a nice place to work with up to date technology and knowledge in the field of medicine. The training is ongoing and the environment and education is growing each and every day. A typical work day is from 8 to 5p along with temporary and part time positions. I learned how to work with all types of people and also I grew to be very caring and personable with all I came in contact with. My co-workers were another reason why I loved going to work. We all worked as a team and supported one another. The hardest part of the job was the developing relationships with the patients and trying to not make it personal. I treated each person as if they were my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was the amount of friendships and seeing patients and co-workers happy. And knowing that my work was responsible for putting a smile on someone's face.
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), worcester, MAOctober 8, 2014
o Answered a high volume of calls and also made a high volume of calls.
o Reported Critical, Positive and urgent results to health care providers within the hospital and other health care facilities.
o Provided proper test codes and how to properly collect the blood for the test.
o Set up and scheduled pick up’s and drawers for our outreach clients.
o Registration for some of the outreach clients. Inputting patient’s demographics and the proper testing that was needed.
o Added test on into the computer that doctors wanted.
o Did some scheduling. I would be charge when my boss was out of the office. Ordered all the office supplies.
o I have knowledge of MS office Suites, Sorian Medical program, Cosmocom phone system, Salesforce and Meditech.
o Trained new employee’s

1 2 3 4 5

About UMass Memorial Medical Center

At UMass Memorial Medical Center, we understand your need to make a difference. To give your best to your patients. The opportunity – Read more

UMass Memorial Medical Center Salaries