UMass Memorial Medical Center

UMass Memorial Medical Center Employer Reviews

My first Nurse manager hierd me out of nursing school
LPN (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the benefits, the patients
Cons: no comment
From all my years at Umass were the best. I started as a CNA,Medical Assistant and worked my way up to becoming and LPN.
Productive, friendly and patient focus work environment.
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee), Worcester MassMarch 20, 2014
A typical day was busy busy busy. I was the supervisor so normally it would start with making sure all staff was accounted for. Then any complaints or concerns that I needed to address. Report to management and give a hand in the phlebotomy stations as required.

My manager at the time was the best example I have ever experienced. She taught me so much – more... in the time I was there, but one thing stood out the most was when she said, "choose your battles".

The staff of phlebotomist had to be the hardest working phlebotomist I had ever seen. When ever I needed someone to stay over time I always had a volunteer. So ready to help. They were great!

The hardest part of the job was the travel, I lived almost an hour away. So if it was a long night that was not something you looked forward to.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience and professional environment. It did not get any better than that., – less
Use to be a productive place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: possible lay offs
Work is helping people on a daily basis. I've learned a lot about the way others live. Management is not bad basically that's all the same where ever you are working. Love my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is listening and reading story's of such abuse and sadness.The enjoyable part is knowing that patients are coming for help and they have – more... someone to turn to. – less
Excellent Company to work for
Student Clerical Work Program (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: gained experience in healthcare
Cons: limited responsibilities due to being highschool student
Building Brighter Futures is an excellent highschool program funded by UMASS which provides current highschool students summer job opportunities within the growing field of healthcare. This gives students the ability to perform basic clerical duties for an office setting in the hospital providing them with necessary experience.
great place to work. positive, friendly environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: luncheons provided by the surgeons, yearly summer gatherings
Cons: some days we did not get a full break because it it was so busy.
worked 8:30-5 most days, longer when needed. The nursing staff and administrative assistants were a pleasure to work with. The surgeons' clinics were extremely busy, however they remained a positive attitude toward the staff. They were always eager to teach about mri results,and answered the many questions regarding patient care in a friendly manner. – more... It was nice when there was down time so the staff could interact with each other. Every Christmas they took good care of the staff. – less
awesome place to work with excellent benefits
Administrative Secretary - Facilities Department (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 20, 2014
People very friendly. I receive numorous calls daily and try to resolve all.
Strong medical teaching community
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: medical staff always willing to educate.
Cons: occasionally overwhelming patient acuity and census.
UMass provided a wonderful opportunity for me to grow as a provider. Starting as a new nurse in the ER setting, the management, fellow colleagues and nurse educators were all very supportive. This is a very busy Emergency Department and as a result during the typical work day when acuity and patient census would rise, assistance was not always available. – more... This challenge created a significant amount of stress on the typical employee which could be seen as a difficulty. However, I chose to view this as a challenge and appreciated the opportunity to succeed in a very high stress setting. – less
OK
Laboratory Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2014
Little incentive for people to work hard and lack of productivity is tolerated.
VERY GOOD
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
• Collected blood specimens by venipuncture and capillary from patients.
• Labeled, centrifuged, splinted, and froze specimens as required by test order.
• Maintained all required records and documentation and performed electronic data entry.
• Patient preparation, Medical terminology, Medical and Surgical asepsis
great
Assisting members if (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
miss living in mass and working with this company

great pay and great benifits
PSG Tech
Polysomnography Technologist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 14, 2014
• Prepare equipment, follow laboratory protocols, calibrate video / audio recordings
• Perform portable studies in the ICU as well as research and clinical studies in the lab
• Perform CPAP, BIPAP and oxygen titrations using accepted standards and laboratory guidelines
• Perform routine and complex equipment care and maintenance; troubleshoot technical – more... problems with computer software
• Coordinate repairs with appropriate personnel as needed – less
Good pay but not much career mobility available for psychology
1:1 Patient Observer (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: great training and job experience
Cons: extremely repetetive and boring after a few months. not much career mobility offered.
Typically you are assigned to an individual that has been identified as "needing a 1:1" at the beginning of your shift and you simply maintain there safety for your entire shift. They provide excellent training (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention- "Crisis Prevention Institute" and Basic Life Support- "American Heart Association."
The only issue I had with – more... this job is that it gets too boring after a few months of staring a white wall while your patient sleeps because if you are located on the psych floor. You are not allowed any form of entertainment while on a 1:1 to ensure you are focused on maintaining your assigned patient's safety.
Excellent job for getting your "feet wet" in the field of psychology if you recently obtained your BS in psychology and are having difficulty finding employment. – less
Project diversity and great exposure to healthcare technology
Clinical Engineer (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 30, 2013
Responsible for various projects in order to satisfy regulatory requirements, improve processes, maintain equipment, and satisfy capital obsolescence needs system-wide. Additionally, it is necessary to collaborate and coordinate project work with clinical staff, technical staff, and industry vendors.
Rad Tech Assistant providing support to the techs as needed in the radiology department
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 14, 2013
Pros: low stress position ideal for supporting me as i attended college.
Cons: after college it was time to move on.
I worked with the technologists helping them with transporting and transferring as well as positioning patients. I processed films either through the darkroom processor or the daylight processor and delivered films to the Radiologist for interpretation.
Umass
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MANovember 4, 2013
I loved working for this company they gave me great experience
Not a Bad place to work
Project Worker (Former Employee), Worcester Ma.September 6, 2013
Pros: friendly
enjoyed the People i worked with friendly atomosphere enjoyed working with the Public I'm a People person
Simple and Fun workplace with Great People.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: great training. hours worked great with schooling
Cons: long and brutal shifts in the winter, micromanagement style of management. low pay
Around 6 am we would start out by emptying the trash all along the hospital grounds. This was typically followed by a day of mowing, weed whacking, raking, and typical landscaper duties.
I learned a lot from working there mostly work ethic and self-motovation, along with training with all types of landscaping tools. My managers were very demanding and – more... made us strive to do the best job possible. My co-workers and myself got along great and we formed bonds that have and will last a long time. The hardest party of the job was in the winter with snow removal. Cold, wet, shifts that would last upwards of 60+ hrs. The best part of the job by far was being outside all day in the nice summer weather. – less
Great company to work for.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 9, 2013
Re-image Desktops (Windows/Linux/Wyse Thin Client Desktops) to update them to UMASS Memorial Follow me Desktop Worked with Citrix to access VDI (virtual desktop interface) to the user devices. Protocols, such as Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) or Citrix's HDX, to use to communicate between the user device and virtual desktop. Installed and configured – more... Wyse C10LE and C90LEW Thin Client Desktops in a Large Scale Hospital deployment. Used troubleshooting skills to solve various problems with VDI, Follow me Desktop, Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office and Ubuntu.Ran registry and scripts to ensure thin clients operate properly Installed network printers, scanners and other peripheral devices Work with Microsoft Access Database to organize and update deployment status and/or issues Worked with Avaya phones to set up voicemail and register phone extension to desktop. – less
fun place to work at
Food service worker/ cook (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2013
real fun place to work really enjoyed coming to work and working with good people
Great place to work!
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 9, 2013
I worked for the Caitlin Raymond International Bone Marrow Registry. The mission was great and the need tremendous. Very rewarding environment to be part of.

1 2 3 4

About UMass Memorial Medical Center

Vanguard Health Systems wants to lead the way to better health care. The company operates 25 acute care and three specialty hospitals – Read more