UMB Financial Corporation

UMB Financial Corporation Employer Reviews

Client Relationship Manager
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Liberty, MOFebruary 10, 2015
CRM at UMB Bank. Expanding book of business and selling bank products to high value clients in footprint for 5 plus years.
Productive, fast paced work environment
Consumer Loan Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2015
On a typical day, I place orders for title work and appraisals with outside vendors, review title work upon receipt, clear files to close and coordinate closings between branches and the loan document processors. These loans include all consumer loans for the bank, i.e. HELOCs and Auto and CD loans. In my 9 years with UMB I have learned that customer service always comes first, without exception. Management tends to lean toward the macro-managing style. Every manager/supervisor that I have reported to, as well as department heads, have maintained an open-door policy. Co-workers are, by-and-large, self-starting and work well under immense pressures. There is a real sense of teamwork and cooperation within and between departments.
Great fun work environment
SENIOR TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: ability to assist agents and teach them.
I took phone calls from customers calling about all aspects of their credit cards and checking accounts. I was promoted to a senior agent within 1 yr of employment. In that job environment I assisted agents on any questions they had on accounts that they couldn't find the answers to.
Its all about sales
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee), MONovember 5, 2014
The job was fun and I loved my co-workers, but the company had unrealistic sales goals.
excellent bank operations in 7 states
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good service
Cons: limited nationwide
satisfied in working for UMB with very good atmosphere and expectations were fair
Great culture and work place
Senior Fund Accountant / Alternative Investment (Current Employee), Ogden UtahSeptember 9, 2014
Excellent culture with great management. Team oriented environment. Great benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Commercial Account Manager/Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MoAugust 18, 2014
I enjoy the people I work with. It's a friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoy going into work each morning. I feel the leadership team is great as well. They know all of their employees on a first name basis and try to make personal connections. I also enjoy the fact that the company offers community outreach with local organizations.
umb ok
Transaction Specialist ll (Former Employee), Clinton, MOJuly 22, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: they do not listen to employees cencerns or complaints
I loved working for UMB, I think it is a great company, the only issue I had was the OPM was very unprofessional, and 3 people walked out in less than 3 months due to her, and when HR and code of ethics were made aware of the issue they did not do anything to fix the problem, UMB in Clinton has a very very high turn over due to this issue, I would love to work for UMB again for a different town.
great company
Collection specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2014
the only reason i ever left the company. I thought I was leaving that company for a better company
Love my current position
EFT Detail/ Funds Controller (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexibility, challenging at times
Cons: hours, compensation
position include various task including but not limited to risk mgmt, compliance, accounting, finance, keen knowledge of excel etc.
Enjoyed working there
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 8, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn, growth, no long hours, bankers holidays
Banking is a phenomenal opportunity for people who are very dedicated to rules and regulations. Banking needs people who are sticklers for ensuring that rules are followed, in order to protect customers money and the banks integrity
My Experience with UMB
Transaction Specialist I (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2014
Being a Transaction Specialist I, I learned a great amount of skill with cash handling. My relationship with my manager was great, however, he was not able to keep the moral going with the staff. I absolutely loved my co-workers. We worked well together and as a team. The hardest part of the job, was being able to sale/refer to the customers the UMB product. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the customers.
very relaxed small business
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJune 11, 2014
Pros: very relaxed
Cons: business closed
we received checks from 50 banks with iowa, we did reconciliation for them. sorted checks into account number order and then meet deadlines with federal reserve. they closed the center as Federal Reserve was in Des Moines with competition from Fi-Serv. small crew worked well together.
fun workplace
Intern- UMB Bank Diversity & Inclusion Dept (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
great working environment, good benefits, team players, hard workers
Geat Job to work fro
Personal Banker Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, great pay.
Cons: long work hours.
Great pay, coworkers are nice.
I really like that company has great benefits.
talking to customers/non customers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 19, 2014
Pros: boss, knowledge, location
Cons: parking, pay
call center taking apps for credit cards, training new employees, taking most apps for banking center. I was also a switchboard operator.
Improvement Needed
Wholesale Lockbox Manager, Operations Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 27, 2014
The job culture could be better and needs improvement. There was a high turnover rate.
WIN7 Project - contractor
MIS DESKTOP TECHNICIAN - TIER II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 21, 2014
Pros: new technologies and very helpful associates
Cons: time too brief
The UMB was a great but brief assignment that I really enjoyed and had a great time there. I met and worked with someone wonderful people in a very professional and fun environment.
Structured and enjoyable place to work.
Card Services Business Analyst (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2014
Pros: diverse work
Cons: hectic schedule - no room for professional growth.
UMB has been a good employer, allowing me to gain the skills I need to perform my job.
Good first job
Investor Services Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2014
It was a good first job and that is it.
Low pay and hired outside the company instead of hiring within.

1 2 3 4

About UMB Financial Corporation

UMB Financial is the holding company for four UMB-branded banks serving Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, – Read more